A Time of Attempts

It has been years since then. The Encanto was as lively and peaceful as it usually was.

The Madrigals still helped the town, still cherished their powers, but it was significant that the family's bonds were also closer and stronger. Ever since the whole events of the magic dying, they have all learned how to see themselves more than just their gifts.

And just like that, the Madrigals lived peacefully, closer, and with more freedom in their hands.

"Thanks for the help, Camilo!" Jose said, waving goodbye to the young male who strutted off with a grin. It was a usual morning in Encanto, breakfast, working in the town, and now the young man was free.

Hearing excited chatter at the side, Camilo realizes that it's the direction going to the fountain and smirked. There was only one person available right now who can gather such noise.

He makes way to the fountains and smiles the moment he sees the scene.

Clara was seated by the fountain, book in hand, as she read the story to the kids and dramatically voiced out the dialogue.

"The Prince neared the Princess, taking the lady by the wrist..." Clara narrated, seeing that the chatter hushed slightly to see what comes next.

"The Prince was angry, 'All those years I spent finding you, and you ran away from the tower?!' he roared out."

"The Prince is a meanie!"

"Yeah, why should the Princess stay in the tower?"

Clara lets out a laugh at the kids' reactions, agreeing with a nod. "The Princess did not like the way she was being treated, rage also bubbling up in her." She carried on with the story, reading page after page.

Camilo, who shapeshifted to someone else while silently moved closer from behind the girl, recognized the story.

It was a fantasy book about how a locked up Princess was saved by a wandering Magician.

The Magician helped her escape and showed her a whole new world from her tower. They grow closer in time and enjoyed each other's companies as they journeyed on. This was the climax where the Princess' original betrothed, the Prince, went to find her for his family's honor.

The Prince tried to force the Princess back to his side in the Kingdom. The Princess didn't want that, desiring to travel with the Magician instead and explore new places and experiences together.

"The Princess did not give in." Clara said to the kids, "She wanted freedom and adventure more than anyone. And she wanted a life with the Magician." She continued, voice full of emotion.

"She faced the Prince, 'I am not going with you! I am not living a life in a cage again!' she screamed back." Clara watched how the kids made small cheers for the leading lady.

Clara flipped the page, "But the Prince didn't listen..." she moved on, hearing some gasps, "He started to tug on the Princess' wrist harshly. He wanted to force her to his side and take her away." She dramatically paced out.

"The Princess thrashed in his hold, shouting at him to let go. But the Prince was stronger than the Princess and held her in a harsher grip." Clara said, voice giving some tension to the scene.

"The Princess should learn from Luisa."

"What are you saying?! The Princess is not a Madrigal!"

"And you shouldn't blame the Princess, blame the bad Prince!"