A Solemn Discovery

Clara steps out of the kitchen, setting down the last of the food. Good, everything is in place and the Guzmans have just arrived.

"Oh my, I didn't know Clarita will be here with us." Señora Guzman said as she enters with her son Mariano. "Buenas noches Señora Guzman, Señorito Mariano." Clara greeted politely.

"Oh my, such a good child." Señora Guzman gushed, patting Clara's cheek. "Señora Madrigal has such a good granddaughter-in-law." She then turned to Alma with a teasing grin.

"Indeed, she is very good." Alma takes the good natured joke with a small laugh.

"Señora! Abuela!" Clara said, embarrassed and flustered as red paints her cheeks red. The older women simply cooed her way and continue doting on her.

"Anyway – I am going to check on Tia Julietta. Please take your seats." Clara made her escape and ran off to the back.

"She's so adorable, Señora. When will she and Camilo get together?" Señora Guzman said with a giggle. Alma lets out a pleased sigh, "I do have my plans." She stated before taking her seat at the front of the table.

"Time to eat!" Abuela Alma then called out to everyone.

The Guzmans were seated by Alma's left. Next to Mariano was Isabela, then Mirabel and Agustin, lastly Antonio and Mateo sat together with energetic giggles.

At the other side of the table was first Julietta, then Pepa and Felix, next to them was Camilo and Clara, beside them was Dolores and lastly Luisa.

With everyone gathered around the table, the dinner with the Guzmans has started.

"Your face is red, Cariño. Are you okay?" Camilo asked as he pulled the chair on his right for her to sit on. "Just flustered... I feel like I'm being doted on." Clara said in response, sitting down next to him.

"Oh? Who teased my poor Corazon to look like this?" Camilo asked in teasing interest. He settles himself next to her, keeping that Cheshire grin on his face.

"Abuela and Señora Guzman – oh please don't question it, Milo." Clara gripped on his shoulder, knowing what he was going to do.

"Oh? And what will you do to buy my silence?"

"I'll give you a portion of my food. Just please."

"You're quite desperate this time." Camilo said, agreeing to the deal as he made himself comfortable on his seat.

'That's because I can feel their stares! They're observing like doting grandmothers!' Clara exclaimed in her mind before shaking her head. "I'm just flustered already. I don't need any more of it." She reasoned.

"I know." Camilo said, looking her way with sincere eyes and an endearing smile etched on his lips.

Their sweet-like atmosphere doesn't seem to register the two old women slightly giggling at their interaction.

'If my Mariano can be like that with Isabela, then everything will go smoothly!' Señora Guzman thought with a bit of giddiness in her system.

Alma only seems to nod in approval, waiting for everyone to settle down in their seats. Once everyone has done so, the dinner has started.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto." Alma said to Señora Guzman.

"Yes. Then, let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster." She replied to the matriarch as they both share a laugh.