Blind Love

By HarrESgirl

[Sequel to Blind Date] JJ and Harry have started their new life together as a married couple. Exciting things... More

• Cast •
Chapter 1 • License To Kiss
Chapter 2 • Won't Let You Go
Chapter 3 • Sneak Peek
Chapter 4 • Complete Euphoria
Chapter 5 • Midnight Snack
Chapter 6 • A Little Messy
Chapter 7 • Magic Hands
Chapter 8 • A Side Of Chips
Chapter 9 • Third Time's A Charm
Chapter 10 • More Than You Know
Chapter 11 • Never Let That Happen
Chapter 12 • Save The Butter
Chapter 13 • Yes And No
Chapter 14 • Can't Believe It
Chapter 15 • More Than Okay
Chapter 16 • Swear Jar
Chapter 17 • Two Lines
Chapter 18 • Dress Rehearsal
Chapter 19 • The Name Game
Chapter 20 • Always Amazing
Chapter 21 • Hero
Chapter 22 • The Thought That Counts
Chapter 23 • Double Shocked
Chapter 24 • Fortunate
Chapter 25 • Rocked My World
Chapter 26 • No Questions Asked
Chapter 27 • Routine
Chapter 28 • The Hot Seat
Chapter 29 • The Best News
Chapter 30 • My Whole Heart
Chapter 31 • Twice The Fun
Chapter 32 • Ulterior Motives
Chapter 33 • Doing My Job
Chapter 34 • Penalty Box
Chapter 35 • Wake Up Call
Chapter 36 • Hormones
Chapter 37 • The Whole Shebang
Chapter 38 • A Night In
Chapter 39 • Peek-A-Boo
Chapter 40 - Two Peas In A Pod
Chapter 41 • Four Hours
Chapter 42 • Above And Beyond
Chapter 43 • Beautiful Canvas
Chapter 44 • Best of Both Worlds
Chapter 45 • Heartbeats
Chapter 46 • Surprise
Chapter 47 • Icing On The Cake
Chapter 48 • Hold Onto Your Socks
Chapter 49 • No Matter What
Chapter 50 • Lucky Day
Chapter 51 • Like A Hawk
Chapter 52 • Rest
Chapter 53 • House Arrest
Chapter 54 • The Frisky Meter
Chapter 55 • For A Season
Chapter 56 • On Fire
Chapter 57 • Cross-eyed
Chapter 58 • Something Good
Chapter 59 • A Hard Bargain
Chapter 60 • Pinky Promise
Chapter 61 • So Much More
Chapter 62 • Lollipop
Chapter 63 • Chief
Chapter 64 • Home Away From Home
Chapter 65 • Mouse
Chapter 66 • Emergency Room
Chapter 67 • Precaution
Chapter 68 • Case Closed
Chapter 69 • In The Way
Chapter 70 • Whatever It Takes
Chapter 71 • Best Of Both Worlds
Chapter 72 • Two Plus Two
Chapter 73 • Little By Little
Chapter 74 • Fix Anything
Chapter 75 • Out Of Line
Chapter 76 • Birds And The Bees
Chapter 77 • Boy Oh Boy
Chapter 78 • Rock and Roll
Chapter 79 • Impeccable Timing
Chapter 80 • Family Names
Chapter 81 • Thump
Chapter 82 • Good Thoughts
Chapter 84 • One More
Chapter 85 • Skip It
Chapter 86 • Broadened Horizons
Chapter 87 • Across The Pond
Chapter 88 • Find A Way
Chapter 89 • Fake It
Chapter 90 • Guardian Angels
Chapter 91 • Couldn't Be Happier
Chapter 92 • Time Crunch
Chapter 93 • Happy Birthday, Babies
Chapter 94 • On Top Of The World
Chapter 95 • What A Life

Chapter 83 • In The Cards

553 39 16
By HarrESgirl

"Joy Allison Styles . . . JJ . . . baby . . . my beautiful bride . . . soon-to-be mummy."

Grinning at my husband's sweet sing-songing, I open my right eye since the left side of my face is smushed comfortably within my pillow and I see him sitting on the edge of the bed.

"M'awake now," I say through a yawn, shifting my leg on my body pillow to get more comfortable and I place my hand on his. "How long was I asleep?"

"It's the year three-thousand and twenty-two," he says and it takes my brain a second to compute. "M'just kidding. It's been about an hour."

"An hour? That's all? Feels like longer than that, but not one thousand years," I playfully chide, making him smirk. "Wait; you're dressed. How long have you been awake?"

"Never came back to bed after we uhm . . . I was having a lovely chat with Mum. She even made you tea, some carrot sticks and a grilled cheese sandwich, well, two sandwiches."

"Two?"

"Yes. She said she didn't want one of the twins to feel like their grandma is playing favourites." Harry and I laugh softly at that sentiment and I push myself to lean against the pillows by the headboard.

"I'm sure they'll have to learn how to share at some point."

"True, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

I hum in agreement, "Where are the sandwiches?"

"On your nightstand. That's where she told me she put the plate."

"I've got it. Thank you, Harry," I say, reaching over for a perfectly grilled diagonally sliced half and I take a bite. "Mm, this is so good and it's still warm. Want a bite?"

"No. It's yours."

"But I don't want you to go hungry."

"That won't happen because Mum made one for me, too. Only one since I'm not the one expecting twins," he playfully mocks, making me giggle. "You enjoy them, love. You need to keep your strength up."

"Alright, if I must," I jokingly say and take another bite. The gooey cheese pulls nicely as I set the sandwich back on the plate and I cover my mouth. "I don't remember you coming back to bed. Did you take a nap with me?"

"No, I was chatting with Mum. Did I tell you?"

"Ugh, yes, you did. I guess I forgot. This pregnancy brain is really something else."

"I know it's been a challenge for you, but just think you only have half the pregnancy left to worry about that."

His words hit me right between the eyes like a ton of bricks and the tears well in my eyes. I can't control the tears as my face screws up and my chin begins to quiver.

"Oh God, we don't have much time left to prepare. We need cribs a-and changing tables and oh God so many nappies! I don't have anything to base this on but I think boys go through more nappies than girls and I can't even explain why."

Cooing my name, Harry places his hands on my shoulders and soothes them, "Take a deep breath. There's no need to stress about any of that."

"Really? How come? Seems like a damn good reason to stress. Our babies won't have any nappies to poo in."

Harry snickers, quickly covering up his laugh, "There's no need to worry because Michal and Gemma said they're gonna pick up those things from the baby store next week and bring them here to Mum's. And since the babies won't arrive for several weeks, that's more than enough time for me to set everything up. It's going to be alright."

The concern in his cloudy wandering eyes warms my heart and puts my mind at ease for the moment. I brush away my tears and pick up the rest of my sandwich to take a bite.

"Mm, this cheese tastes expensive. Mm. I'so creamy and delicious."

Harry chuckles at my random comment, "Only the best for the best. I remember Mum making grilled cheese sandwiches when Gem and I were growing up. It was something I always highly anticipated. Mum said she's excited to make them for her grandsons, too."

I hum in reply while I chew, reaching for a carrot stick and I feel a couple thumps on the right side of my stomach, "Mm! He's kicking."

"Really? Can I feel?"

"Sure, gimme your hand."

I leave Harry's palm splayed out on my belly while I take another bite of the delicious sandwich and we feel the baby kick again.

"Woah, this twin is strong. That's my boy," Harry proudly says. "Y'know something, he might grow up to be a footie player."

"Or an architect."

"Yes, or an architect. I wasn't boxing our boys in a specific career, I was just pointing out that he has strong legs. He could be a-a musician with strong legs. Or a teacher-"

"Harry, love, it's okay," I coo and exhales a breath, nodding gently. "Do you want to talk to them? They're awake now apparently."

Harry readily nods, moving to lie on the bed facing me. Once he's settled on his side, he feels for my belly and grins.

"Hello, my boys. This is your daddy speaking. Uhm, I've just felt you kick for the first time today. It's like you're real in there, in your mummy's tummy. You have a wonderful mummy. She loves you both so much, and so do I. And your grandma is more than excited to meet you both. All I'm saying is be prepared to eat several grilled cheese sandwiches." Smiling fondly, I blink my eyes to clear my vision and I smooth my hand on my belly. "Anyways, your mummy and I can't wait to meet you, but only when it's safe, if you know what I mean. Just know we love you both equally, okay?"

A little thump pounds on his palm, catching us off guard and it makes us laugh.

"It's like he was answering you. How sweet is that?"

"Very. It's almost magical, like, I dunno, it's a scientific miracle or something."

"Yeah, you're right. It's completely magical, Harry. You helped make that magic with me."

"So technically that means we're magicians. We could call our headlining show JJ and the Amazing Harry."

"Oh God, you and your bad jokes. I hope they're not hereditary."

"Heyyy, my jokes aren't bad. That sounds like it would be a good magic show. People all over the world would come to our show. We'd be millionaires."

"Ha, keep dreaming, mate. I don't think that's in the cards for us, but I don't need money to be happy. I've got you and my two boys. I'm happier than I've ever been; more than I thought I'd ever be."

Harry grins, "Me, too, love. You make me so happy; happier than I ever imagined."

There's an awkward pause of me just staring at him and I giggle, "I think now is the part in the sappy rom-com where we kiss."

"Oh right right," he smirks, leaning in close with my guidance and I close my eyes as our lips touch. He hums into our kiss and pecks my lips before leaning back. "Now, I'd like for you to finish your snack, including all your carrots, and then rest up."

"Ooo, rest up for what?" I excitedly ask, picking up the other half of my sandwich and I take a bite.

"I just meant rest because you and the babies need the rest, love. Doctor's orders, remember?"

"Oh. That's not fun. I thought . . . never mind."

"No, what's on your mind, baby?" he asks, feeling around the bed for my leg and he smooths it up to my waist. "C'mon, what were you going to say?"

"Nothing, I just thought . . . no, it's stupid. Forget I mentioned anything. I'm tired and can barely keep my eyes open. M'gonna take a nap."

"You can take a nap after you tell me."

I sigh, "Fine. It's just that I thought you meant rest up for something like a surprise party later tonight."

"A surprise party? What kind of party? No one's birthday is coming up."

"Ugh, never mind. It's selfish of me to think this. I wasn't expecting anything, mind you. It's just a dumb idea that popped in my brain."

"I'll be the judge if it's dumb. Which, spoiler alert, I won't. Now c'mon, tell me. Please? Oh, did you mean another baby shower?"

"No," I huff out a frustrated breath, "In my dumb romantic, extremely hormonal brain, I thought that I'd get dressed up for dinner and my hair would be perfectly spot on and I'd have a perfectly round babies bump in my new maternity outfit that makes me look like a model, like we're talking red carpet worthy and I'd come out of our bedroom and everyone would be waiting for me and yell 'Surprise!' and they'd take several pictures of me posing and there would be a long table filled with catered food and we'd eat and then I'd open my presents which would be a mix of things for me and things for the babies. And then you'd get down on one knee and present me with a diamond necklace and earring set and say that I'm the only woman for you and you're so lucky that I'm having your babies and that you'll love no other woman but me. And then suddenly my water would break like in the movies and everyone would be so happy and wish us well on our way to the hospital. And then I'd give birth, painlessly and not a hair out of place of course, to our two perfect, healthy, beautiful baby boys."

"And we'll live happily ever after."

Grinning at Harry's fairytale words, I take a bite of a crisp carrot stick. "Precisely. Mm, my Prince Charming."

"My princess," he replies with a sweet smile. "Not to spoil anything, but I did overhear Mum and your dad talking about something along those lines, but not the going into labour part. We're not that far along, but uh, yeah, you'll have your moment in the spotlight, just like you deserve, love."

"How exciting. I knew they'd come up with something," I smile to myself, taking my last bite of the crisp carrot. "Oh God, that snack was so good. My belly is comfortably full."

"Good. Now you can rest until dinner."

"True, but I'm going to have to do my daily exercise at some point."

"What is it? Maybe I can help."

"Of course you can, Harry. Do you want to do it now? I meant the exercises, not it it. Plus I don't think I'm strong enough to do it again. You're satisfied enough though, right?"

"Y-yeah, of course I am. Are you?"

I hesitate for a second, "Yes, one-hundred percent satisfied."

"Hmm maybe we can work on extra credit later, yeah?" he smirks, making his dimple pop in his cheek.

"I think we can make that happen. Alright," I blow out a determined breath, pulling back the covers. "Let's do this." Using my elbow, I push myself to sit up on the edge of the bed. "Does that count as part of my exercise?"

Harry chuckles, "Unless it states specifically in the pamphlets that getting out of bed is part of it, then I'm afraid the answer is no, love."

"Damn," I snap my fingers, making him grin. "Alright, the first exercise is rotating the ankles as a warm up for the second one."

"And what's that?"

"Walking either down the hallway or to the driveway, weather permitting. The sun is shining now. Care to take a stroll with me to the end of the driveway?"

"I'd love to, JJ. We can bring Maggie. She'll love it."

"Yeah, of course. I need my slippers. They're at the doorway. Do you have your shoes on?"

"I do. Ready?"

"Yeah, let's get these exercises over with."***

A/N: Happy Monday, everyone 🤗

If you'd like to eat a grilled cheese sandwich with Harry, raise your hand and press the star ⭐️ I'd eat dirt with him tbh if it meant we'd be together 😂

Much Love.
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 619 39
For Louis, will losing his sight give him the clarity to see what is right in front of him? For Harry, will losing the love of his life give him the...
5.9K 230 27
When I walked away that day I swore I'd never see Harry's face again. But I guess when two people are meant to be together, fate will stop at nothing...
4.6K 379 16
The 3rd (and final book) of my Blind Series, Harry Styles au fanfics. [Blind Date and Blind Love are complete] JJ and Harry are in for the most excit...
1K 27 7
And here is the sequel to my first book in this series, it's sort of about getting married to Harry. You'll read about both the preparations and the...