Arcane || Teru.M

By Wonderlandutopia

[HIATUS] Have you heard? The School Guardian "Tsukuyomi no Kami" Rumors held that the guardian protects the s... More

Character Introduction
- Arcane -
Prologue
㊀ Tsukuyomi No Kami
㊁ The So Called Guardian
Character Sheet
㊂ The Misaki Stairs
Amai Yukino & Shirabe Risa
㊃ The Confession Tree
㊄ The 4pm Bookstacks
㊅ Donuts and The little Mermaid
㊆ Pictures and Reunion
㊇ Mitsuba
㊈ Grief
㊉ Tea Party
After School 一
㊉㊁ Hell of Mirrors
㊉㊂ Hospitals, Mokkes & Festivals
After school 二

㊉㊀ The Three Clock Keepers

1.1K 45 8
By Wonderlandutopia

__________________ ׂׂૢ
┊ ⋆ ┊   .   ┊   ┊
┊    ┊⋆     ┊   .
┊    ┊       ⋆˚              
✧. ┊         
⋆ ★
┆    ┆ ◌┆ .    ⊹ ┆       ☽
┆ ⁺✧     ┆           ┆
┆      ⊹  ☽           ✮
┆    .                         ✧
ღ              ⁺       ◌

Have you heard the rumor?

It's school mystery no.1
The three clock keepers

There's a big, old clock
somewhere in the school

That clock is time itself
the time that flows
through the school

If you move the hands
of that clock,
the school's time is
yours to command

But you see...

There are guards watching
over the big clock

They are the
three clock keepers

who represent
past, present, and future

If anyone touches the clock
without their permission

The three clock keepers
will steal the time
from that person's life

──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

▪︎■ Two years ago ■▪︎

"Hmm~, So you're the kid than no.1 took in huh," the Tsukuyomi mused, looking at the redhead boy who happened to be forced doing chores.

"?!" Akane jolted, startled over the sudden appearance. "... Who are you?" He asked warily, observing the figure who happens to be hidden under the shadows.

Approaching the boy, she did a small bow, "It's a pleasure to meet you, you may have heard of me." Letting the light, iluminate her features. "Tsukuyomi no kami, the so-called guardian of this school, in your service."

Recognizing the person in front of him, "Ta-takamine-senpai?!" He claimed in shock.

Haru blinked, "Oh? Have we met?" She asked, it was only the start of the school year yet many first-years had approached her. She hoped he wasn't one of them, there were too many of them she couldn't remember all. She felt sorry for Minamoto, who have it worst.

"Ah- no, you're rather popular you see," 'Ao-chan also talked about you,' he added in thought, observing the person in front of him. "Senpai... can I ask, is you're situation similar to mine?"

Haru hummed in thought, "If you think about it... quite so. Both of us are in a contract with the school and are tasked with certain responsibilities. Though..." she trailed off, "Unlike you, I'm not exactly forced to do this."

"So you're doing this... willingly?" He asked her, not understanding why would anyone agree to be involved in these stuff.

"You could say that I guess," she shrugged. "Anyway, I haven't catch your name yet."

"Ah- right. Aoi Akane," Akane introduced himself.

Haruna paused a bit, tilting her head, "Huh. Well this is going to be a bit confusing... Did you know a fellow first-year girl's name is Akane Aoi?"

"Of course! After all she is none other than my beloved Ao-chan!" Akane claimed, suddenly having a change of demeanor.

"I see, then you're the childhood friend she mentioned," sweat dropping at his sudden behavior. 'Is this what she meant by "enthusiastic"?'

"She talked about me?!" Looking at her with gleaming eyes. Making Haru sweat drop once more.

"Just a bit..."

'Is anyone who's involved with the supernaturals of this school odd?' She wryly though.

──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

"You three make up as School Mystery No.1, and Mirai is the one who governs the future," Hanako said. "We need to stop her before she makes more damage than she's already done. You and I both want to catch her, so why don't we team up for this one?" He offered a deal to the half-supernatural.

"Fine," Akane accepted his offer, "Even though I detest murderers."

"Never thought I'll ever see you make a deal with a supernatural, Akane." A certain guardian chimed. Making them turn their heads at her.

"Haru-senpai--?!" Nene stared at the second-year, gaping at her appearance. It seems the others were just as surprised.

"Something wrong?" Haru tilted her head, then it hit her, "Ah, about this..." she tried to explain. They, specifically Nene and Kou were still gaping at her. She looked older and more mature, seemingly around her early twenties and her beauty definitely stood out more.

"Wha-How..???" Nene stuttered, too tongue-tied to say anything. 'She's so pretty! Haru-senpai is beautiful but I didn't expect this!'

~ flashback ~

"It seems it's no.1 this time huh..." Observing the sight of aged up students at the halls. "Mirai must've escaped," she guessed. "I should help Akane-kun before Teru makes his punishment worst..." Haru sweatdropped.

'I wonder did Yuki-chan and Risa-chan got aged up as well,' she started to wonder. "One thing for sure, I have to avoid getting touched," she muttered, a grim expression on her face.

Lost in thought Haruna didn't notice a figure coming towards her till they touched her shoulder. Whipping her head, only to see the culprit of this whole situation.

"Caught you~" Mirai said, already starting to turn her clock.

"Mirai! Wait don't-!" Haru tried to stop her but it was already too late.

~ flashback end ~

"And you know how that ended," Haru finished retelling what happened, "Afterwards, I tried to find Akane-kun."

"You know his identity senpai?" Yashiro asked.

"Yep! Knew from the very beginning," she claimed, dropping the 'p'.

"How come you've only aged a few years?" Akane pointed out, "You look like your in your early twenties? I guess."

"Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm around twenty," 'And thankfully still alive,' the latter left unsaid. "I've only aged up a few years due to my spiritual power jamming the process. My guess is that the more spiritual power you have, the slower Mirai's time goes."

"That is a likely possibility," The redhead nodded. "Anyway, you're going to help us right?"

"My~ I'm quite offended Akane," Haru mocked hurt, "Of course, anything for my favorite kouhai."

The other three watched as the two casually converse with one another. "You two are quite close huh," Nene noted, a bit curious with their relationship.

"Hm? Well we do spend time often due to student council duties and our supernatural tasks as well," Haru said.

"Oh yeah! Haru-nee is a apart of the student council," Kou recalled, "I tend to forget about it since you don't often talk about it."

"Hahahaha, that is true," not denying his words, "My job as the secretary is less acting as a public figure and more on the paperwork."

"I don't even know how you managed to do all that paperwork honestly," Akane admitted, cringing remebering at the amount of work she had to do. "The fact that your the vice of another club makes it more of a hassle."

The girl merely shrugged.

──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

"Still... how do we catch her?" Yashiro pondered along with the others. The crew are currently at the the student council room, thinking a way to fix the current situation.

"Can't we use your power to freeze her, Akane-kun?" Nene asked him.

"It won't work," Akane informed them. "Mirai is immune to my time freeze and you saw how ridiculously fast she is. Of we give her free rein for awhile, she might get it out of her system and come back on her own but..." he trailed off

Nene and Kou started to get worried on the other students but Akane assured them that the third clock keeper would fix it. "But if she'll do anything to Ao-chan, I'm not sure I can maintain my sanity," Akane thought horrified, hardening his grip on his tea cup causing it to break. Making Kou and Nene back away while Haru just start cleaning up the broken pieces.

"Now now, Akane-kun," Haruna tried to calm down her junior with Yashiro, who showed him a photo of Aoi. Haru looked at the corner of her eye where Hanako and Kou were talking.

"Do you hear a lot of noise or is it just me?" They heard the supernatural asked.

*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*

"Now that you mention it," Kou noticed.

*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*

"I do hear something," Yashiro said, as they started to look around the room.

*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*

"Actually it sounds like," Akane trailed off. Not long till they snap their heads towards the candy bag on the table. Watching as Mirai revealed herself, rustling our of the bag. "Tee he he!" Stupidheads!" She laughed at them. Leaving them dumbfounded.

Mirai hop off the table right pass them, making the crew trying to catch her. Haru placed a hand on Kou's shoulder, "Kou, try to grab her by suddenly appearing when she's near the door while I'll cast a barrier," she whispered to him. Kou nodded at her instructions.

The other three were out off breath while Mirai is still giggling at them, irking the red head and no.7.  They both simultaneously try grab her, only to clash on each other making them groan in pain.

"She's getting away again!" Nene said, seeing the supernatural heading towards the door.

"!!" Mirai's movement was halted as Kou grabbed on of her pigtails. "Don't underestimate me supernatural. You got me last time, but now I know your trick-" He was cut off when the supernatural lifted a finger, turning his time.

"Ack! Kou!" Haru was definitely not expecting that. She stopped casting her sealing spell, seeing him fall on the bookshelf.

*Sigh*"It seems the average age of the school is going up again," Akane noted.

"Having a hard time moving you forward for some reason... like what happen to Tsukuyomi," Mirai grumbled. "I wanted to make you more handsome, but it didn't work," she said, then disappeared.

"Kou-kun!" Yashiro approach the boy, "Are you alright?" 'Don't tell me Kou is a old man now?!' Already imagining it, yet feeling a sense of deja vu as well.

The dust covering him starts to die down, revealing his figure. "Dammit, she got me."

"That little pipsqueak!" He grumbled, while Nene and Hanako gaped at him. While Akane and Haru just looked at his appearance in familiarity.

"Wow... he looks just like kaichou," Akane said, looking somewhat exasperated.

"The Minamoto genes sure run strong," Haru noted, recalling the similarities between the Minamoto siblings in terms of appearance.

"What!? What happened to me!!?" Just noticing his change.

"Must be that exorcist blood, making it harder for you to be affected by the supernatural," Hanako told him

"Your case is basically like mine, Kou," Haruna chimed, "It's a good thing you didn't turn into an old man."

"W..." Yashiro staggered.

"Wuh?"

"Wait for me!! Come back and turn me into a beautiful woman with sexy legs overflowing wit adult charm!!!" She ran off.

"Yashiroo!!!"

"Nene-chan!!?"

~ A few dozen minutes later ~

"I couldn't find her..." Yashiro slumped on the floor, wheezing.

"You didn't have to chase her that hard," Hanako remarked.

"Besides Mirai only Power is to move time forward. She can't change your body type and face," Akane stated bluntly to the female.

Haru merely patted the girl's back in sympathy.

"Senpai," Kou spoke up, making the girls look up at him. "You're cute enough just the way you are." Haru nodded at her pseudo-brother's words, "I agree, you are cute Nene-chan," giving her a dazzling smile.

Yashiro stared at them as sparkles surrounded the two, then suddenly bolted towards Hanako, hiding behind his back. "I'm sorry, please don't come near me..." Nene said, avoiding to look at the two. 'I'm afraid I might like him on accident. Even Haru-senpai!'

"But why!!!???" Kou asked, shocked, oblivious of the reason. "Hey, Hanako!" Kou called the apparition, making him look at him.

Hanako stared at Kou for a moment and started to shiver as he recalled a certain exorcist. Like Yashiro, he bolted to hide behind Akane, "I'm sorry please don't come near me..."

"Wha-!?" Kou was shocked once more, now sulking at the corner.

"Never a dull moment with you people," Akane remarked.

"Hahaha, I know right~," Haruna chimed, clearly amused with the whole thing.

"Nevermind that, we need to find a way to catch Mirai," Akane said

"R-right!" Nene stuttered, "Does Mirai have any weaknesses?"

"Well... first, she's not very smart, she is a glutton. she loves preening herself and she's fast," he listed, "And she's dumb. Most of all she's dumb."

'He called her dumb twice... well thrice' Haru thought, sweatdropping.

"Her intelligence and speed basically on par with a mouse," he concluded.

"So she's like my black canyon!" Nene exclaimed.

"Black- What?" The two student council members asked confused. Nene showed them a picture if her hamster, "Black canyon, my pet hamster."

"Make sure she doesn't touch Yashiro no matter what," Haru heard Hanako said to Kou. 'Ah... I almost forgot about that. I guess that also means that Kou isn't aware about Nene-chan's situation.'

Afterwards, Yashiro started to tell them about the plan and the group started to prepare.

──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

Waiting for Mirai to fall on the trap, they hid under the boxes as Kou and Haruna prepare to set the barriers. They watch as Mirai took the bait and Kou conjured a lightning cage, Haru set up a kekkai around the Cage.

"Is this..?" Mirai observe the cage, flinching back when she touched it.

"You fell for it," Nene revealed herself, "We finally caught you!" The others soon followed her, getting out of their hiding place. "Through the secrets I learned from my escape artist hamster."

"The hardest part was to keep the mokkes on bay," Haruna said.

"I can't believe Yashiro's pain actually worked out," Hanako admitted, while holding back a few mokkes in his hands. "Also..." he trailed off, "Who would have thought the future kiddo would learn something like this," looking at the blond exorcist.

"I can't keep it as long as Teru-nii.," Kou admits, "but I gotcha covered, Aoi-senpai!"

Akane took out his watch and freezing the time around the cage

"It looks like he's only stopping time around the lightning cage and the kekkai," Hanako noticed.

"Exactly... this pathetic lightning cage that will only last for ten seconds, can now last for 5 minutes," Akane stated bluntly. "Takamine-senpai's kekkai will last longer without my help though."

"Thank you..." feeling as if he got stabbed over the redhead's words.

"Don't worry, Kou! I'm sure there more things that you're capable of," Haru tried to reassure the boy.

"Aw, you're gonna capture Mirai now," Mirai whined.

"That's right, with your powers over the future, we know how this is going to be," Akane told her, picking her up, "So be a good girl and-"

"One last time," was the last thing she said, before jumping out of his grasp and went towards Nene. "I'll make this girl look hotter!" Turning the female's time, catching all of them off guard.

"Yashiroo!!" Hanako ran towards her.

"Senpai!" 'Don't tell me senpai turned into an old lady now too!' Kou thought, he did think it would be cute though.

"Hm? I can't turn move her time forward, " Mirai wondered, confused. "Honorable Number seven, could it be that..."

"She has no more time left?"

──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

They all looked at him in shock, while Haru held a grim expression. "No more time left?.. wha-?" Kou said,confused, "what does that mean!? Hanako!" He demanded.

"It means what it sounds like, young man," a new voice spoke up, placing a hand on Kou's head. "W-wha-!" Haru watched as turned Kou back to normal. "I'm back?!"

"Look who finally decided to show up," Akane sighed, "We wouldn't have to deal with all this if you showed up earlier.." he glanced at the newcomer, "You really are twisted... Kako."

"Ho-ho-ho... Please. I am never late," Kako said, "All I have to do is turn back time and everything turns back to normal."

"Turn back time...?" Kou repeated, then he realized, "You mean he's-"

"Yes" Haruna confirmed, "The clock keeper who governs the past, he has the power to turn back time."

"He's basically sort of our leader," Akane pointed out.

"He governs the past.." Kou gulped, then he realized of something, "So... you call him "Kako" since in means "Past"?"

"Who cares what supernaturals' names are?" Akane said bluntly. "Anyway," he changed the subject, "Shouldn't you be worried about something else, underclassmen?" Akane pointed towards Hanako and Yashiro.

"Oh yeah!" Kou averted his gaze yo the two. "Senpai... what happened to her?" Kou questioned the ghost, "Come on, Hanako! Explain what's going on!"

"This..." Hanako mumbled, holding onto Yashiro, "This is why I told you not to let the clock keepers touch Yashiro." Making Kou stagger a bit, remembering his words.

"But it's not like I managed to stop her either..." Hanako continued, "So I can't really blame you either." He stood up, placing Nene at the corner, next to the bookshelf. Patting her head before his attention move to the other occupants in the room.

"It's simple!" He beamed, making Akane and Haru frowned at him, while Kou looked at him wide eyed and the other clock keepers doesn't seem fazed. "She tried to move Yashiro's time forward." Hanako pointed at Mirai, "But Yashiro didn't have enough time to move forward."

"Yashiro is going to die within the next year." Hanako smiled, with a shadow casted over his eyes.

"How do you know that?!" Kou yelled at him, "And how long have you known?!"

"How long..?" A dark look casted down on Hanako's face. "From the beginning?"

"The beginning... You mean.."

"Just so you know it's not because I tied her fate to mine,okay?" Hanako said. "It was always her destiny. First of all, only people who are close to the far shore can see me to begin with. Someone born with a powerful sixth sense like you and the Tsukuyomi or..."

"... someone whose death isn't far off."

"Y-You-" Kou's eyes widened as he looked at Hanako. "How can you say that...? You're acting like it's nothing!"

"What? Okay then." Hanako leaned towards Kou. "How am I supposed to act?" Hanako started. "You're gonna die soon, but live your life to the fullest until then, okay?" Like that...?" Kou looked at him appalled

"Is that what I should've said...?" Hanako walked towards Kou. "I don't know what you think about me, kid. But I'm already dead. So if someone is going to live or die." He crouched down infront of Kou with a smile on his face. ".. It makes no difference to me."

"Why you-!" Kou grabbed him by the collar, "If you really mean that, I'll make you pay!"

"That's enough both of you," Haruna sternly said, while Akane clicked his tongue. "That's just how supernaturals are. By definition, they're different from us. He doesn't actually care about you or Yashiro," Akane told him.

"But I was being considerate in my own way, wasn't I?" Hanako chuckled. "I' ve done what I could... to make sure Yashiro enjoyed the time she have left," reminiscing the time they spent together. "That's what I've been doing and will keep doing, okay?" Somehow managed to grab a hold of Kou's staff and pin him down to the floor.

"Clock keepers!"

"Yes?"

Hanako looked away from all of them. "Turn the school's time back. To before she ran away. To this morning."

Kako took out his stopwatch. "Well, it was one of our own that caused all of this ruckus." He held out his hand. "And it has been a while since I moved so much time."
A large clock appeared above the school, ticking sounds could be heard clearly around them.

"This sound..." Kou said

"Gramps can turn back time!" Mirai told him. "But it's too bad. It'll be like none of this ever happened."

"Wait! Does that mean my memories...?"

"It's somewhat less effective on supernaturals and those with excessively high spiritual power," Kako exclaimed. "But, well... at your level... don't worry about it."

"Everything you learned just now will be wiped clean! Isn't that nice?" Hanako told Kou.

"What do you mean...?"

"Like I said, you'll forget what you learned about Yashiro."

"D-don't give me that crap! Cut it out!"

"There's nothing you can do about it kid. Yashiro's life span had been decided since she was born," Hanako said. "There are things in this world that must not change... you know that don't you?" Making the exorcist and a certain second year stilled. "So let's just forget about it. It's better for Yashiro this way. Let's just keep having fun like we always have been," Hanako advised

"THE HELL I CARE ABOUT THAT!!!" Kou stood up, grabbing Hanako by the shoulders. "All this stuff about "That's how the world works" "There's nothing we can do" That's got nothing to do with it!!" He shouted. "I'll find a way to save senpai!"

"I WON'T GIVE UP! I'M NOT JUST GONNA STAND THERE AND FORGET IT ALL!!!"

Watching the blond boy and the supernatural, Haru glanced at the corner of her eye, seeing that a certain redhead starting to lose his temper. 'Ah... he's going to hit no.7 isn't he?' Right to her thoughts, Akane grabbed Hanako and flipped him over his shoulder. Haru clapped for him along with Mirai and a few mokkes cheering, while Kako looked at them exasperated.

"Well done Akane! If you didn't act latter, I might try to purify him!" Haruna proudly claimed, smiling brightly at him and giving him a thumbs up, which he returned.

The half-supernatural offered Kou to stop his time, while time is being turned back. Which made the underclassmen asked him why would he do so.

"Because if you owe me one, Minamoto-kaichou won't be so-" He stopped himself. "Sorry let's try that again." While they blankly stared at him.

"Because we're both trying to accomplish the impossible, we're comrades aren't we?" Akane blabbered, "You goal is to save Yashiro, while mine... IS TO START DATING AO-CHAN!" He cheered. "If you my underclassmen can save Yashiro-san, then I feel like I could be Ao-chan's boyfriend."

"You think so...?" Hanako asked

"Stay out of this slimy perverted brat."

"I've know for four years, you really never change huh," Haruna remarked as she watched Akane stopping Kou's time while Kako turned back time.

──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

Walking through the corridor, Haruna carried a stack of papers in her arms heading towards the student council room.

'This really bring back memories. But I can't say they were enjoyable though...' the burgundy haired girl, internally cried. She stopped when she came across Teru dragging Akane by the feet and Kou following them, seemingly trying to convince his brother.

The glasses boy noticed her presence and pleaded for help. "Takamine-senpai! Please save me!"

"Gomen, Akane... you can see that I'm also a victim of this punishment session," she informed him, gesturing to the stack of paperwork in her hands. The younger Minamoto stopped what he was doing and walked towards her, helping her carry the stack of papers.

"Geh-" Akane blanched, already seeing that he can't get away from this. "I guess I have no choice... I was planning to keep this for future solutions," he spoke up, catching the attention of the other three.

"Kaichou," he called for him, making Teru raised an eyebrow. "If you let him go... I'll send you a picture of Takamine-senpai's future self!"

Making the president pause, while Haru stared at her kouhai, jaw-dropped. Kou, a cinnamon roll he is, just watched from the side lines, confused.

"Akane! When did you even-" She can't even say a proper sentence, not expecting this situation at all.

"Hmmm... that does sounds tempting," Teru considered. Making Haru stared at him incredulously, "Teru!" She chastised.

"You can't blame me for being curious, Hana," showing her a blinding smile.

Haru sighed exasperated.

──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

•○☆ T.M.I CORNER ☆○•

What ever happens after this chapter is up to your imagination :v

Future Haru wore a ring at her left ring finger

Author's favorite character is actually Akane 😀

TeruHaru is honestly my random idea of a parallel on MitsuKou

I would have made a Akane ff if he wasn't so obsessed with Aoi (I ship it as well so yeah-)

A/n
I have no idea what to write for hell of mirrors arc

I plan to update a ch at least once a month but I've been busy with school lately 😭 assignments week and test weeks are definitely the worst. Not to mention midterms are next week💀💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 76 31
This fanfic I'm writing is going to be both, the manga and the anime versions. To those who haven't read the manga of Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun, beware...
11.9K 347 15
Warnings: Some descriptions of blood. If you were uncomfortable with Tsukasa's killing sprees in the anime please refrain from reading this. Did you...
15.7K 363 16
They say the school is full of ghosts. I never believed any of the rumors when I was alive but now as a ghost myself I get to see the true harsh real...
146K 6K 49
a slowburn romance between a supernatural and an exorcist ❦ Minamoto Teru x Reaper! OC MANGA SPOILERS!! ➪ Completed! Jibaku shounen Hanako-kun // Toi...