affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

82. warning

1K 41 7
By SKULLJIN

082

Jungkook remained awake that night. His mind was tangled by the boisterous cries of his tiring thoughts, not allowing him to bear simply a mere breath of tranquility, the hulking forebodings in his mind stood far too great to shut off.

He had physical combat between his analytical, shrewd brain, and what his aching heart desired.

More than anything did he want Devora back, letting her go was not an option, he would keep trying for her. His determination was unbelievably inexorable, this he understood.

Yet, he couldn't help but berate himself for the impulsive actions he bore with Devora.

What's worse is he couldn't sense that reprehensible pound in his chest, his spirit wasn't cloaked with rue, nor was he tarnished with ire.

He didn't feel the need for any punitive feelings because he didn't regret it.

Kissing her lips, holding her delicate body in his grappling hands.

The hands that wanted to rush her figure, to explore her and take a memorable itinerary on her tender skin like she was the existing ocean.

Eventually, waves come crashing down and pressure can get too high.

Jungkook was lathered in all the sallow colors of ambivalence.

He wondered how Devora felt.

Did she regret it? Should he be ashamed of himself for not regretting a single moment he spent with her on that couch?

Perhaps his bickering questions were ultimately answered when he woke up the next morning, realizing that she was gone.

Jungkook exhaled despair, knowing his day would still carry on, whether he'd fancy that, or not.

Stepping into his bedroom he offered Devora to sleep in for the night, he saw the bedsheets and blankets that were neatly folded and tucked into the mattress.

He didn't prevent his smile from growing, allowing himself to value the small efforts Devora made to tidy up after herself.

Jungkook completed his morning routine as he would any other Friday morning, donning his all-black suit and tie that granted him a rather obscure image that he was entirely gratified by.

There was an additional tinge of pleasure that ticked in his chest — he had to be somewhere that morning, somewhere that called for him to crow his brusque demeanor.

Jungkook locked his front door, his leather jacket wilted over his forearm.

He waved hello to the massive number of his fellow neighbors that invariably stopped or walked out to see him, and wish him a good morning.

That reason was the fact that he maintained a good reputation there, frequently offering extra hands and overall being that amiable neighbor.

He was just an affable person that others coddled to without even realizing it.

Not to mention, Jungkook had looks that could quite possibly kill someone with a mere smile, all due to his immense amount of fathomless beauty and perpetual charm.

Jungkook started his car, pulling it out of the parking space and exiting the complex all with ease. It was a standard routine, going over to meet up with Yoongi, and Jimin at their job before going over to Hoseok's as a group of six.

However, this time, he would be taking just a small detour, then driving himself to Hoseok's building.

He took the first open parking space he could find, cutting the engine and tossing the keys into his pocket.

He exited the car, slipping on his leather jacket, raking his fingers through his cut raven hair, and making his way to the entrance of the café.

Jungkook's eyes went to an immediate search when he walked into the building, viewing the two long lines that waited for their orders to be taken.

His eyebrows frowned, the corner of his eyes grown taut when he examined the woman and man on register duty for that early morning.

The side of his lip tugged into an arrogant smirk, skipping over the extended column of milling people that the cashier was taking orders from.

A considerable number of impatient customers scoffed under their breath when Jungkok cut the line, however, nobody dared mutter a word to him, quietly grumping in their puddle vexation.

His flippant attitude nearly overruled the placid setting in the coffee shop, spoiling it with his unbending ambiguity.

Jungkook shoved himself between the person next in line, cupping his hands together in front of his abdomen.

His tongue made an unpretentious arrival through his chasm cheek, idling by for the cashier's recognition.

Kaden turned back from inputting orders, eyebrows pinching in confusion when he saw a completely different person now waiting in front of him.

The employee cleared his throat. "Sorry, sir, as you can see there are-"

"Kaden." Jungkook cut him off, he had not a single lick of respect for the older man. "Is that your name?"

He chortled slightly, looking down at his nametag. "Yup, if my nametag couldn't make it clear for you."

Jungkook's smug smile never dissipated, leaning closer to the counter. "So then you're the one who keeps sending my girl those fucking letters?"

Kaden was caught off guard, his jaw separated as he struggled to fathom the situation. "I-I- isn't she single?"

"Did you not hear me the first time?" The boy with bleeding complacency uttered, voice flat. "She is taken. By me, if you couldn't tell."

He put his hands up defensively, "A-alright man, I'm sorry I seriously had no idea she was taken." His heartbeat quickened, sweat gathering on his forehead. "I'll- I'll stop, I'm sorry."

"Yeah... that's what I thought." His head tilted to the side, exhaling a brief chuckle. "I dare you to go by her home again and do some stupid shit. I swear to god I will not hold back, I'll knock you flat on your ass."

Kaden's blood ran cold, visibly unnerved by Jungkook and his hostile forewarning.

Jungkook tapped his foot against the floor, impatient and bothered by his silence.

"Do I make myself clear?" His eyes widened, placing his hands on the counter. "Do I need to repeat myself?"

He was skittish, flinching a few feet away from the counter. "Y-Yeah bro, I won't ever do it again. I had no idea she was taken, if I knew she was taken by you, I would have never even glanced at her, I swear!"

There was something about Kaden's oozing apprehension that Jungkook encountered contentment with.

After hearing how fearful Devora was last night from Kaden's absurd letters, the taste of vengeance was ridiculously burgeoning on his palate, and it was a pleasant flavor.

Jungkook pushed himself off the counter, watching the cashier's shoulders cower. "I'm not your bro." Dusting his hands off his black pants. "But while you're at it, get me two flat whites." 

He tapped the order on the screen, forgetting the fact that Jungkook cut the line. "Right away, sir."

Jungkook grinned, looking over his shoulder. "Sorry about that." He apologized to the customer behind him.

"No, don't even worry about it." The taller male mollified, a cumbersome angle on his lips. "You do what you gotta do."

Jungkook nodded, rolling his shoulder. "I will. Thanks."

***

Devora's mouse clicked loudly, scrolling through unanswered emails in Hoseok's inbox.

She turned over to the entrance of Hobi's office, finding the ray of sunshine idling there with his head sticking out of the door.

Devora gave him a flimsy smile. "No sign of him." Shrugging, raising her eyebrows.

His shoulders slipped in dismay, eyes broad as they filled with incredulity. "Still?"

It had already been twenty minutes since the members had shown up with the youngest to be nowhere in sight.

Devora had this peculiar feeling that maybe she had something to do with it.

Not necessarily having to do with the fact that they were practically all over each other the night before, but it was definitely something that involved her.

Devora woke up early that morning for that exact reason, so she could stay out of his sight, and won't have to deal with having an awkward discussion about their actions.

Also, she didn't want to show up to work in the same clothes as before. So, waking up early to shower and get a new set of clothes also pushed her to leave his apartment.

Right before Hobi was about to close his doors for a meeting, Jungkook appeared by the corner of where the entrance was.

Devora's heart dropped when she saw two coffee cups in each of his hands.

He seemed to have a self-assured smile on that Friday morning.

"Good morning, Dev." He was back to being amiable with her, his rejuvenated mindset ejecting off his elevated shoulders.

Invariably, her cheeks crimsoned, being reminded of the night they had together. "Jeon, good morning."

He placed a coffee cup above her desk, "You like flat whites, right?"

In utter puzzlement, her eyebrow raised. "I do. But, you're late and the members are waiting for you in Hobi's-"

"That can wait." He waved his hand, placing his elbow on her desk. "I really need to talk to you."

She sighed, her index finger tapping against her mouse "Jeon if this has to do with anything about last night then I don't think-"

"This has nothing to do with last night, Dev." He didn't allow her discouraging words to wreck his optimism. "Just- look, somebody told me that I had to do what I had to do, and it made me realize that I would do anything to get you back in my life."

Her heart was seized in a bouquet of puncturing thorns as she stared at the persistent determination in his eyes.

He proceeded. "I know that I was an asshole, I was being so selfish. But, I want to fix things and make things right again."

Devora shook her head. "We both made mistakes, I was selfish, too."

Jungkook rubbed his nape, glancing at the wall behind Devora. "Um, do you think we can do something? Together?"

She looked up at him with indecipherable eyes. "What do you want to do?"

"Let me take you out, and we could have a more... civil conversation about what happened between us." He proposed, his ears scorching red. "We'll use more of our words this time."

Devora had promised and reminded herself that she would never give in to him again, and never show her vulnerable side to him after he walked away from their relationship.

But, she already broke that promise.

She broke it when she allowed him to take her in, to share a passionate kiss, a fervent night that could have dragged on and led to even more provoking acts.

"Um, I didn't- I didn't bring my car with me today." Devora came up with an excuse, looking down at her toying fingers.

She wanted to say yes, but she also wanted to say no.

Not because she was trying to give him a taste of his own medicine for him leaving her. But because if she went out with him, and had an amazing night with him — she would realize she is still in love with him.

His smile diminished, realizing she was coming up with flippant excuses. "Would you reconsider?"

Remorse pecked at the open trench in her chest when he whispered these words.

There was a twirling cloud in Devora's eyes that told Jungkook she wanted to say yes, but just couldn't.

Her lips pinched to the side. "I-I."

"Devora, I'm sorry and I don't want to force you into anything," He leaned close to her desk. "But, I'm so determined to get you back. You can fight it all you want, just know that I'll never stop trying."

And she didn't want him to stop.

She needed him to keep trying.

"Okay, we can go out." Strain alleviated off her two shoulders watching Jungkook's wide smile emerge on his countenance.

His voice maintained elation. "That's- I'll pick you up after work, okay?"

Devora chomped down the inside of her cheek, pleased to see how thrilled that sole response made him. "Okay."

˚。⋆୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 11.2K 44
"Woah.." You trailed your fingers down his chest to his lower stomach, feeling him flinch from the sudden touch. "Your turn." Jungkook whispered down...
536K 22.8K 56
❝ You're so keen on pointing fingers at me. ❞ ❝ Isn't that a given? Girls like you ruin lives. ❞ ❝ And what? Guys like you save lives, I assume? ❞...
102K 3.2K 17
Jimin: Y/N..... * He tried to grab my hand again but I shrugged my arm away from him harshly.* Y/N: You were not there, Jimin, when I needed you, you...
89.7K 3.8K 66
"Don't do that again Y/N. I can't guarantee if I would be able to resist it." She wanted to say something, anything but his serious gaze did it's be...