The Grim Reaper // Alec. Ligh...

By sebs_loves

"You've changed, Rena." "Darling, i had to." "You know what they call you, don't you?" "I do. And i bathe... More

CAST
Aldertree?
Confined
Be Nicer, Perhaps?
Apologies
Smack a Bitch
Here We Go Again
Where Art Thou?
Stupid Wards
Things Change
New Beings?
IMPORTANT

New Dawn

3.5K 102 17
By sebs_loves

NEW DAWN

●♤♤

Ever since Jace has been with Valentine god-knows-where, Alec hadn't been the same. I constantly worried and it was getting worse.

"Calm down, baby." Jocelyn said, placing a hand on my shoulder but i whirled around and glared at her.

"This....is your fault." I seethed. It didn't even feel like my emotions at the moment.

"Rea, i know you are upset-" Jocelyn cut herself off as the sound of her phone ringing caught her attention. I was slightly happy for it.

"Just...stay out of my way." I whispered, walking away with a saddened look to my face. I got outside the training room and leant against the wall, taking in a deep breath.

"Who are you?" I looked at the person that now stood in front of me. Her hair, which was red like my own and her eyes were green. She looked at me as if she knew me and i quirked a brow.

"Who are you?" I repeated her question. Out of the corner of my eye, i could see Alec and Izzy not too far away from me. They were walking closer.

"I'm Nataniella Fairchild." She said, before she squinted her eyes slightly. "Are you Clarissa?"

"What the fuck?" I whispered, a disgusted look on my face. "No. God no."

"This, is Verena Lightwood." Izzy said with pride as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Verena? Jocelyn's little girl?"

"Mhm." I hummed, crossing my arms. "What can i do for you?" Nataniella looked puzzled for a moment. She straightened out her tight jeans and white blouse before biting her bottom lip.

"Has Jocelyn woken up yet?" I sighed and pointed a hand towards the training room.

"She's in there."

"Thank you, Verena." I pursed my lips and let her walk away before turning to Alec and Izzy.

"Who the fuck is that?"

"It might come as a shock to you....but that's your aunt." Izzy informed and i scoffed.

"Not much of an aunt if she doesn't act like it." I mumbled, walking towards the control pannel with the two other Lightwoods. 

"Any word from the Clave?" Izzy asked as we approached Mag and Lydia. I sent a small smile to the envoy, who returned it, and then i sent a wider one to Magnus, who - again - returned it with a smile just as big. 

"Not yet and we've been trying for the past four hours. Something's up." Lydia informed and i hummed.

"Seems like it, huh?" I said, mainly to myself, but everyone nodded.

"Hmm...the Clave being unhelpful? Who's shocked? Show of hands?" Magnus sassed and i chuckled. We all looked at the screens on the table.

"I'm worried." Alec admitted. "I can't sense Jace through our parabatai bond."

"We'll get him. I promise, we will get him." I whispered, rubbing soothing circles into the back of his hand. He gave my own hand a tight squeeze and i smiled at him sadly.

"When we arrested Hodge, he said Valentine was on a ship. They must still be over water." Izzy said, and i nodded.

"Pull up the waterways around New York." Lydia demanded, to which Izzy complied to.

"The ship couldn't have gone too far." Izzy said, possibly trying to come up with a reason as to why no ship was in sight on the screen.

"A ..." I began clicking my fingers, trying to think of the word. " A- uh....illusion!" I smiled to myself, thankful i finally got the word i'm looking for. "What if that bastard has a warlock on board? Then he can cast illusions that stop people from outside seeing the ship?"

"Anything?" Alec asked Mag, who was trying to use his magic on Jace's clothes.

"Sorry." Magnus replied, genuinely feeling sorry.

"There's gotta be something!" Alec yelled, and as i touched his shoulder to try and give him comfort, he swatted me away. I pursed my lips and went and stood next to Izzy. "Rena-"

"I don't see him." Magnus said with hardened eyes towards Alec. I looked at Magnus, and i looked him in the eyes. He nodded towards Alec subtly and i shook my head slightly. Magnus pouted but didn't do anything. 

"All right!" Alec almost screamed. "I want twenty-four-seven monitoring of the Hudson and the East Rivers. If you see anything unusual, you come to me first."

"I've got this, Alec." Lydia said and Alec's rage was now pointed at her.

 "Then why haven't you found Jace yet?" He spat and Lydia's nose twitched.

"Don't forget who you're talking to. I am still the head of this Institute." Lydia said firmly and i laughed.

"You're doing a shit job at it." I told her and she glared at me. 

"My brother is still missing!" Alec shouted at her, and Izzy sighed.

"Why don't you just take a break?" She suggested and Alec shook his head.

"Not now, Izzy."

"Isabelle's right, and it's not a request. You're dismissed."

"Fine!" Alec bellowed, about to walk away, but Magnus grabbed his arm.

"Hey-"

"Everybody just back off!" Alec then looked at me and nodded with his head that he wanted me to follow. I nodded my head and walked after him, sending a smile to Magnus.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to him once we got out of everyone's eye-sight.

"Can you do anything?" He asked me and i frowned.

"I know i can track people, if that helps?" Alec looked up and down the corridor before pulling me towards Jace's room. He shut the door behind us and then moved throughout the room, picking things up and chucking them back down. Soon enough, Alec came over to me with a chain necklace.

"Can you try tracking him with this?" I shrugged.

 "I can give it a go." He handed me the necklace and i took in a deep breath, concentrating on finding Jace. I began to use my powers, feeling the necklace leave my fingers as i closed my eyes. With my powers holding the necklace in the air, i began to create images with the gold mist, all of which corresponded to what i saw.

And i saw a ship, on the river coast. But the ship flickered before disappearing from sight. Like it was a ghost ship.

I opened my eyes and frowned.

"He's on a ship...but i was right...there's illusions...i don't know where he is." Alec sighed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Thank you for trying." I hugged my husband back and chuckled.

"He's technically my brother, too, you know? I married into your family so your family is my family." Alec managed to chuckled, and i laughed softly.

"True." We just stayed there for a bit. Both of us unmoving. "I need help."

"What with?" I asked, pulling away.

"I want to track Jace with our rune. I just...need help with the pain?"

"Why does that sound like a question?" I asked and Alec shrugged.

"Tone of voice, i guess." I sighed.

"Give me time to think and go over the possible things that can go wrong. Wait a day...okay?" Alec took in a sharp breath before nodding. I went on my tippy toes and placed a kiss to his lips. The warm feeling enveloping me as he kissed back. I could almost feel so many emotions come from Alec just by this contact.

Love, fear, worry, anger. It was all there.

When we pulled away, i ran a hand through his hair, smiling softly.

"We'll get through this together." I told him, and he nodded a little.

"Together."

"Like how it started." He nodded again, this time, a little more assuringly.

"Just like how it started."

Hey, how was it? xx
Comment and vote xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.7K 47
𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘓𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘯...
122K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...
1.4M 32.3K 64
❖𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞. 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐥...
27.9K 944 21
[completed|not edited] They had defeated both Valentine and Jonathan, at least that's what they thought. Their enemies only grow stronger and their h...