My solemn promise (Crossover...

Por myimagination2012

Khushi learns about her biological parents Rajveer Singh Shikhawat and Naina Singh Ahluwalia on her 20th birt... Más

Chapter 1
Naina's letter
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 7

4K 187 23
Por myimagination2012

Four months later.

Many things have changed in the last several months. The first change that came was from Shyam. When he had learned that Khushi was planning on being a lawyer, he thought it was a green signal for him. He started harnessing her more. When Arnav learned about it from Payal, he headed home to beat the shit out of Shyam, but he was late. As Khushi had already taken care of Shyam. What no one knew was that along with English tuition classes, she had started taking karate classes as well. She had kneed Shyam in his groin before punching him hard in the nose. Shyam had to find excuses to give to Anjali about how his nose broke. 

Arnav and Khushi were ready to reveal his truth in front of the family when something strange happened. There was a sudden magnitude 5 earthquake in Delhi that caused a few buildings around Delhi to fall down in pieces. Arshi had just reached the living room to tell the family about it when the news of earthquake came on the TV. Everyone was watching it with their complete focus. The news anchor was the victims being taken to the nearby hospitals when Manorama gasped out loud dramatically.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye! Ye damadji inn victimz ma kahe? Wo to kahe ki to Mumbai jawat rahe?" she wondered aloud. [ Why is our son in law with the victims here? Wasn't he supposed to be in Mumbai?]

Realizing the truth in her words, Anjali and Naniji gasped when they saw an injure Shyam was being taken to Delhi city hospital. Arnav and Khushi exchanged a confused look. They didn't know what was happening but they decided to go with the flow. They went to the hospital and that's where Shyam's real face was revealed. 

When they reached the hospital, they found three women fighting amongst themselves. All of them were claiming to be Shyam's wives. There were five kids as well whom the women claimed to be Shyam's. It was a big blur after that. Three days later, Shyam was arrested for fraud and many other charges. He had also lied about being a lawyer so that increased his punishment. Arnav spoke to the commissioner personally to make sure Shyam wouldn't get bail easily. Initially, Anjali was upset. But as time went by, she realized that she was also a victim. So, she divorced Shyam and started getting over him. She just wanted a healthy and happy baby to spend her life with. Arnav and Khushi were bewildered at how the matter of Shyam was dealt with without anyone's involvement. It was like Khushi's Devi maiya had been compensating for causing her pain.

Out of the blue, one day Arnav received a call from Khushi around 11 am. As she would usually be at the college, Arnav panicked thinking something might have happened there. "Hello, Khushi? Sab thik hai na?" [Is everything ok?] he asked, getting up from his chair. He had already grabbed his car keys to get to his wife.

"Ar-Arnavji," Khushi choked out. It was clear that she was crying.

"Kya baat hai, jaan? Don't worry. Main abhi aaraha hu." he assured as he almost ran out of his cabin. [What is it, sweetheart? Don't worry! I am on my way.]

Khushi sniffed, "A-Alekh mama ka... p-phone aya tha. Uss shaitan ne isbar decide kiya ki.. ki wo Maa aur Papa se sabki video call karwayenge. Iss umeed me ki... ki shayed wo ab kuch bolde." she explained through her sobs. [Uncle Alekh had called... That bastard has decided that this time he would make a video call to my uncles and aunts in hopes that by showing them to each other, my parents might open their mouths.]

Even though Arnav didn't understand most of it, but he got the gist of the matter. The villain of Khushi's life was going to let her parents' friends do a video call to her parents. This would prove that her parents were still alive. "And you want to be with your uncle when this call happens?" Arnav guessed.

"I do... I very much do." Khushi whispered.

"Kaha jana hai hume? I'll arrange everything." He promised. [Tell me where we have to go?]

"Chhattisgarh. Das(10) ghante baad wo video call karega. Hum kaise pohchenge waha itni jaldi?" Khushi sulked. [Chhattisgarh. He's going to call in 10 hours. How are we going to reach there so fast?]

Arnav chuckled. "I think you forgot, my love, that your husband's name is Arnav Singh Raizada. Wo kuch bhi kar sakta hai." he boasted. [He can do anything.]

"To kariye na? Aap kya muhurat nikalwane ki intezar kar rahe hai? Aaye bare!" and she hung up. [Then what are you waiting for? Do something!]

Arnav knew his wife must be really stressed at the moment. So, he ordered Aman to arrange everything and left. Half an hour later, he was in front of Khushi's college. With a smile, he picked up his upset wife and took her straight to his private helipad. There was a helicopter already waiting for them. 

Khushi grinned seeing their ride. "Helicopter?! Arnavji, hum iss helicopter me jayenge?" she asked bouncing on her feet. [Arnav, are we going by this helicopter?]

"Absolutely! Mujhe bhi to apne in-laws se milna hai." [Absolutely! After all I want to meet my in laws as well.] he told her pinching the tip of her nose. Giggling happily, Khushi ran towards the helicopter. A smiling Arnav followed her silently.

/

/ ......... /

/

They had reach an hour ago and Khushi took them to that Dhaba where she had stayed the last time. Alekh was already waiting for them there. He had set up the laptop with WIFI already. Super six was already online and awaiting that call. It would be the first time they would all see their mentor and best friend after their kidnapping 18 years ago. 

For Khushi, it was even more special. This would be the first time she would see her parents. But she was sad. As the call would be monitored by Lala and his men, Alekh had advised her to stay out of the camera's view. Lala shouldn't know about Khushi's existence, or he might try to harm her before she could take any action against him. That's why while she was happy that she would be able to see her parents, she was equally sad that her parents wouldn't be able to see her.

Arnav and Khushi sat a few feet away from the laptop. Alekh made sure that no one would be able to see them, but they could see and hear everything clearly. Everyone was anxiously waiting for the call when the call connected. Taking a deep breath, Alekh clicked on the accept button. He choked on his next breath as a breaded Rajveer and an exhausted Naina came to their screens.

Lala's voice greeted them from out of the camera. "Dekho Captain Rajveer, Naina! Aaj main tum dono ke liye kya laya hu?" "Look, Naina! Rajveer! What I brought you today?] It was clear that neither Naina or Rajveer knew about this video call. Naina rolled her eye and turned her head the other way while Rajveer acted like he couldn't hear them. "Hmm... lagta hai tum dono me se koi apne gharwalo se milne me interested his nahi hai." [Hmm... it seems like you don't want to see your loved ones.]  Lala taunted.

Hearing him, Rajveer turned his head and glanced at the laptop. His eyes went wide seeing his cadets and his Naina live. He sat up straight and a smile bloomed on his face. It was the first time he smiled in last 18 years. 

Naina frowned and turned and with a gasp, she also sat up straight. Not only she could see her friends, she could also see her Rajveer sir live where he wasn't being tortured. Tears gathered in her eyes seeing everyone doing well.  

"Sir ji? Phoolan? Kaise ho aap dono?" [Sir? Bandit queen? How are you two?] Huda asked, crying.

"We miss you a lot... We're sorry. Hum kuch nahi kar paye apke liye." Yudi apologized tearfully. [We couldn't do anything for you.]

"We're sorry, sir. Naina, hume maaf karde. Hum kuch nahi kar paye." Ali told them folding his hands as Pooja sobbed from beside him in the pain of failure. 

Rajveer smiled at his cadets and shook his head as if to he was telling them not to cry. Naina also wiped away her tears seeing him do that and gestured to her friends to do so as well. She placed her hand on her chest and nodded her head as if to let them know that they were okay. Lala rolled his eyes when he saw Rajveer and Naina still wasn't speaking. 

"Sir, Naina... aap dono fikr mat kariyega. Apun log iss desh ki salamati aur... iss desh ki KHUSHI ki puri dhyan rakkhenge." [Sir, Naina, don't worry. WE will take acre of this country's safety and Khushi properly.]  Alekh remarked firmly while keeping his face blank.  

Naina, who had been smiling at her friends, gasped out loud as her smile fell. She had understood what her soul brother had meant through that sentence. They got to meet her daughter, Khushi. Placing her hand over her heart, she started crying.

Rajveer had frowned in confusion. He had never asked his cadets to take care of their country's happiness. He had only asked them to protect its' honor and its' people. But when he saw Naina gasping like that he understood that there might've been a hidden massage in Alekh's statement. And that massage had been for his Naina. He narrowed his eyes at Alekh in question. But the muted sobs and Alekh's side glance told him that there was someone else in the room with Alekh. Rajveer didn't know why, but he felt like someone had pierced his heart with a knife as he listened to the muted sounds of sobs. He wondered who it was that was crying for him.

Khushi had to cover her mouth with her hands as she was unable to stop herself from crying bitterly. She hadn't expected to find her parents in such a bitter condition. It was clear that both of her parents had been starved, beaten, and tortured in multiple ways. They were still staying strong. 

[Background music]

Kokh ke rath mein mujhe
Rakh kar chalti thi
Kitna khush tha main maa

Jab main ghabraya
Tab tu apnaya
Teri chunri hi saya tha maa

Mere rag-rag mein
Tera naam hai maa

Tu hi mere dil ki saans ho maa

Tandani na ne tane tandanu
Tane nanu ne na x (2)

Sapnon ko khoye hain
Apno ko khoye hain
Inko insaaf milta nahi

Khoon bhi beh gaya
Chain bhi udd gaya
Dar mitane wale koyi nahi

Tujhi ko inke khuda
Banke rehna hai
Tujhko karta hoon main yakeen

Tandani na ne tane tandanu
Tane nanu ne na x (2)

Arnav turned her face and tucked her against his chest so that the sound won't travel through the video. Even he hadn't been prepared to see his in-laws in this condition. He didn't know what he was expecting, but he wasn't expecting them like this. He always thought the way his mother had died was the most painful way but he was not so sure anymore. Seeing her in-laws like this, he thought living like this was worse than being dead.  

Not wanting Lala's attention to get towards the crying sound, Shalini stated, "Captain! Cadet! Aap dono apna himmat mat hariyega. Hum akhri saans tak koshish karenge. Aur aap hi to kehte the na, Captain, ki jabtak akhri saans baaki rehta hai..." [Captain! Cadet! Don't loose your hope. WE will try till our last breath. Remember, you used to say that as long as you have breathe left...]

"... jeet ki umeed baki rehta hai.." Pooja and Ali added. [There's hope for victory...]

"... aur jab tak umeed baki hai..." Alekh added. [... and as long as there's hope left...]

"... sipahi apna jung nahi chorta." finished Huda and Yudi. [...A soldier doesn't stop fighting.]

Rajveer grinned widely at his cadets. He was really proud of them. He knew his cadets would never stop fighting. Even if he died in this dark place, they would continue his fight. He gave his cadets thumbs up with both of his thumbs making them laugh through their tears. Naina also had to smile seeing him like that. She was feeling happy to see him happy like this.

"Hogaya drama khatam? Dekh liya sabne ek dusre ko? Hogaye assured ki dono hi zinda hai? Ab goodbye!" [Are you guys done with your drama? Done seeing each other? Are you all assured that everyone is alive? Then Goodbye.] with that Lala hung up. Everyone closed their laptops before breaking them as they didn't want Lala to record their discussion after the call. 

Alekh glanced at his niece and sighed. He didn't know what to say to her at this moment. he knew it was a really precious moment for her, and equally painful.  While her mother now knew that her daughter was safe and sound, her father didn't even know about her existence. He exchanged a silent look with Arnav who nodded in understanding. 

/

/

/

Six years later. 

[Authore note::: I have no idea how long it takes to be a lawyer. So, please just go with the flow if this doesn't happen in real life. And since it's just a fictional story, everything goes for the sake of the storyline. 😅]

Arnav inhaled deeply and instantly knew where his wife was. Following the now familiar smell of jalebis, he reached the kitchen. He found Piyush, Akash and Payal's 3 year old son, sitting on the kitchen counter and watching his aunt making jalebis very intensely. Arnav greeted him with kisses on both of his chubby cheeks and picked him up.

"Piyush, aaj apki chachi puri Delhi ke liye jalebi kyu bana rahi hai?" [Piyush, why is your aunt making jalebies for whole Delhi?] He asked his little nephew playfully. He made sure to speak loud enough so that his wife could hear his comment clearly.

Khushi shot him an offended look and whined, "Chheriye mat hume! Apko pata hai na ki aaj humare liye kitni bari din hai?" [Please don't tease me! You know what a big day today is for me.]

"Haa, pata hai. Lekin kya pure Delhi ke liye jalebi banana zaroori hai jab bhi tum stressed hoti ho?"  [Yes, I know. But is it necessary to always make jalebies for whole Delhi whenever you're stressed?] Arnav asked with a teasing smile.

"Hume to bohot maza ata hai jab bhi mami stress me hoti. Kitne sare jalebi khane ko milte hai!" [I really love it when Auntie is stressed. We get to eat a lot of jalebies.] Kripa, Anjali's five year old daughter, commented as she sneaked a few jalebis from her mami's thali.

"Achha? Tabhi hum soche ke jab bhi hum stress me hote hai to aap hume itna pamper kyu karte ho! Sab inn jalebiyo ke liye hai na?" Khushi asked with her hands on her hips. [Oh really? That's why you pamper me so much whenever I'm stressed, right? Everything is for these jalebies!]

Giggling, Kripa nodded her head. Piyush also nodded from Arnav's arms, making his laugh. After handing over the jalebi plates to the kids, Arnav back hugged his wife. "Tum itna chinta mat karo. Sab thik hoga. Apne best friend par bharosa rakkho." [Please don't worry so much! Everything will be okay. Have faith in your goddess.]

Half turning her head, Khushi asked, "Ye aap keh rahe hai?" [You're saying this?]

"Haa... Unhone mujhe tumhe diya as a compensation for what she let happen to my mother. Unhone to Shyam ka bhi bhanda for diya. Aab dekhna ki iss problem ka solution bhi wohi tumhe dekhayega." Arnav told her before placing a kiss on her cheek. [Yup... she gave you to me as a compensation for what she let happen to my mother. She even punished Shyam. I'm sure she'll help you in this matter too.]

 Khushi had shared everything with Arnav on their first anniversary as he had asked for complete transparency in their marriage as their anniversary gift. While Arnav had agreed not to shared these information with their families, he was not happy that Khushi was putting herself in such a danger. But when Khushi explained that he would do the same if it was his mother and Anjali in her parents' place, he agreed to silently help her and not be a hurdle in her path. He also made her promise to ask for any kind of help from him if she needed. He had been her emotional support since then. 

Khushi didn't want to have children before saving her parents because she wasn't 100% sure that she would make it out alive in this mission. Arnav agreed with her. They vowed to start trying as soon as Naina and Rajveer were safe. Till then, they spent their time spoiling Kripa and Piyush. They told their families that they didn't want children until Khushi was comfortably settled in her career. Arnav made it seem like that he won't accept an unsuccessful wife or have kids with her to keep Garima, Madhumati, Devyani, and Anjali at bay. So that they won't pressurize Khushi into having a baby.  

Arnav sneaked a piece of jalebi and shoved it in his mouth before Khushi could stop him. "Mmm... yummy." he remarked with a playful wink. 

"Apko diabetes hai!" Khushi scolded. [You have diabetes!]

"It's okay, jaan. Thora mitha chalta hai. Ab jaldi chalo, breakfast karna hai saath me. Uske baad tumhe court jana hoga aur mujhe office." he said with a grimace. [It's okay, love. A little sweet won't harm me. Let's have breakfast. You have to go to the court as well.]

Smiling happily, Khushi joined her husband to the dining room where rest of their family was waiting for them. They had breakfast together as everyone shared with the family what their plans were for that very day. Everyone was excited for Khushi as today was special. Today, Khushi would start her first case of her career. They blessed her and made her eat sugar and curd before she left home that morning. 

/

/ ............ /

/

Lala Gehlot was drinking his evening coffee when his PA came barging inside the room. "SIR?" he called out frantically.

Lala glared at his PA and asked, "Kaun mar gaya ke aap aise ghus aye, Sharma sahab?" [Who died that you ran here like this?]

"Sorry, sir, aise ane ke liye... par news hi kuch aisa hai." Mr. Sharma informed as he fixed his glasses. [I'm sorry, sir for entering like this... but the news is such that...]

"Kya news hai?" Lala asked, uninterested. [What news?]

"Sir, kisi ne... kisi ne Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwali wala case ki reopen karwayi hai aaj subha hi." Mr. Sharma informed. [Sir, someone reopened Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia's case this morning.]

Lala froze as he went tyo take another sip. His head snapped upwards and he asked, "Reopen karwayi hai matlab?" [What do you mean by reopened?]

"Yes, sir. Aaj subha hi ek Criminal Defense lawyer ne ye case civil court me reopen kawayi hai. Koi nayi lawyer hai aur ye uski pehli case hai." Mr. Sharma informed. [Sir, this morning a Criminal Defense lawyer reopened this case in the civil court. It's a new lawyer and it's her first case.]

"Kya wo lawyer unn chuho se related hai?" Lala snarled. [Is this lawyer related to those rats?]

"Koi direct relation to nahi hai... ha par ek baat pata chala hai. Apni law ki parhai shuru karne se pehle iss larki ko Chhattisgarh ki army base pe dekha gaya tha. Yehi kuch chhe saal pehle. Uss waqt Major Alekh waha par posted the." Mr. Sharma informed. [No direct relation but she had gone to Chhattisgarh army base before starting her studies as a law student. Major Alekh was posted there at the time.]

"I'm 100% sure ke ye jo chuhe hai na wo jaadu tona karte hai. Warna ek completely unrelated bande ko bhi apne liye larne ke liye raaji karwa liya? Naveen ki case reopen karwane ek naya lawyer ko bana diya? Samajhme nahi aata ki inki determination ki tarif karu ya fir inki persistence ko galiya du." [I'm 100% sure that those rats know black magic. Otherwise, how did they manage to involve a complete stranger in this matter? They even made a new lawyer to reopen this case? I don't understand if I should compliment them or curse them.] Lala ranted angrily as he started pacing back and forth. "Paise offer kar uss lawyer ko." he ordered. [Offer that lawyer money.]

"Sir, ye lawyer ek female hai.... aur maine pata kara hai. Iska pati bohot ameer hai. Asia ke top five richest men ki list me third hai uski pati. To paise dekar isse chup kar nahi payenge hum." Sharma informed. [Sir, this lawyer is a female and I found out that she's the wife of a very rich man. Her husband is the third of the richest man of Asia. So, money won't keep her silent.]

"UUGGHHH... kaha kaha se ajate hai yaar ye log?! Waise naam kya hai iski?" Lala asked, fed up by Naveen's case.  [Uughh... where does they come from? What's her name?]

"Khushi Singh Raizada... maiden name was 'Khushi Kumari Gupta'." Sharma answered.

"Background check kiya na aap ne? Kya pata chala?" Lala inquired. [You did a background check, right?]

"Anath hai aur apni masa - maasi ki ghar pali bari hai Lucknow me. Fir ASR ke saath kuch huya chhe saath saal pehle jiski waza se puri family Delhi shift hogayi aur Khushi ji parahi chhut gayi. Fir ASR ke office me kaam karne lagi. ASR ke bhai se Khushiji ke cousin sister ki shaadi tai huya jab wo Chhattisgah gayi achanak. Waha par unhone me army base ke liye khana banaya aur khilaya sabko. Pata nehi kya huya, ASR aur Khushiji ne achanak shaadi karli shabse chhipke... wo hi unke bhai-behen ke shaadi ke din hi. Shaadi ke baad unhone apni parhai shuru ki par unhone law college admission li... and now after six years, she's preparing for the first case." Mr. Sharma informed looking through the file he had received. [She's an orphan and was raised by her uncle and aunt in Lucknow. Then, something happened with ASR that caused the whole family to shift to Delhi and her education was put on a hold. Then, she started working in ASR's company. ASR's brother and her sister got married when she went to Chhattisgarh. There she cooked food for the army base. Then suddenly ASR and Khushi eloped the same night their siblings got married. After that she restarted her education in a law school. Now six years later, she's ready for her first case.]

"Ye ASR ka pura form kya hai?" [What does ASR mean?] Lala asked, "Why is he so rich?" 

"ASR ka full form hai  Arnav Singh Raizada. Fashion industry ka king kehte hai usse. Uski bohot uchi pohoch hai... apse bhi jyada." Sharma informed hesitantly. [Arnav Singh Raizada. He's called the king of fashion. He's really well connected... more than you.]

Lala narrowed his eyes at him in answer. "Pata kar iss Khushi Raizada ki kamzori kya hai? Aur kyu pari hai iss case ke pichhe?" he ordered. [Find out what this Khushi Singh Raizada's weakness is. And why she's after me.]

"Ji, sir." Sharma replied before leaving the room.

"Ye Naveen mar ke bhi bar bar mere zindegi me kanta banke wapas aajata hai." Lala exhaled angrily. [This Naveen is troubling me even after death.]

/

/ .......... /

/

Lala came top visit Rajveer like he did once every month. But this time his visit was a little different. Unlike the previous times, he didn't start taunting Rajveer immediately. He dragged the chair and sat right in front of Rajveer. 

Rajveer was ignoring him like he usually did. But didn't mean that he hadn't notice the change in Lala's routine. He mentally prepared himself for Lala's new form of torture. This wasn't anything new. Lala would find a new type of torture to make Rajveer go through to break his silence every few months. 

"Tell me one thing... ye Naveen koi jaadugar tha kya?" Lala asked. [Was Naveen a magician?]

At his strange question, Rajveer turned his head and gave Lala a confused look. He didn't understand what Lala was talking about. It was clear from his expression that Rajveer didn't have a clue of the new development. Then again, how the hell was he supposed to know anything? Rajveer had been in this jail for last  24 years. 

Lala sighed and started explaining. "When Naveen died, you and your beloved Naina started looking for ways to prove him innocence. When I stopped you both, I had thought this case would remain shut forever now. But you know what? A new lawyer decided to reopen this case in the civil court. She decided to start her career with this case. Why? Ye baat mujhe samajhme nahi aaraha hai." [I don't understand this.]

Rajveer's eyes were wide. He hadn't expected this news. Someone had reopened Naveen's case in the civil court. It was a happy news for him. After many years, this was the second time he felt happiness blooming inside him. A laugh escaped his lips. He laughed at Lala's irritated expression. 

"Maza aaraha hoga bohot, hai na?" [You're having fun, aren't you?] Lala asked sarcastically. "Tum jaise army walo se itne asani se nipat liya hai. Ye larki to bas ek civilian hai." [If I've dealt with army officers like you, I'm sure it won't be a trouble to dal with that girl either.] he growled at Rajveer before he stomped away. 

"Ek civilian larki ne kyu  apni pehli case ki taur pe Naveen ki case ko chuna? Mazra kya hai?"  [Why is a civil lawyer reopening Naveen's case as her first? What's going on?] Rajveer wondered thoughtfully. "What a brave girl! It takes a lot of guts to reopen an army case in civil court. Even experienced lawyers don't dare to do so. But this girl decided to do it so boldly. She has the same kind of bravery that my Naina Ah. Singh." he smiled, lost in thought.

/

/

/

"Chhutki, tera kaam hogaya." Aalekh informed Khushi through their untraceable phone. [Little on, your work is done.]

"Usse pata chala gaya ki..." Khushi trailed off with a smirk. [Did he get to know about the...]

"Absolutely, my darling niece. I made sure his PA knew about it. And if his PA got this information means Lala got this information." Yudi added with an excited smile.

"Ab ayega khel me maza. Aap sabko pata hai na ki kya karna hai?" Khushi asked. [Now, it will be fun. You guys know what to do now, don't you?]

"Oye Chhoti Phoolan tu tension mat kar. Sab kuch plan ki mutabik hoga." Huda assured. [hey, my little bandit queen, don't worry! Everything will go according to the plan.]

"Okay bye." with her trade mark smile, Khushi hung up.

"You look happy." Remarked Arnav as he returned from his office.

"Arnavji, aap aagaye!" [Arnav, you're back!] Khushi greeted him with a wide grin as she ran into his arms. "Mission ka shuruwat successful raha." [The start of my mission was successful.] she informed before smacking a loud kiss on his lips. 

Arnav smiled down his wife as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Court ka formalities complete hogaya thik se? Koi problem to nehi tha na?" he asked. [Everything go well at the court? I hope there was problem?]

"Koi problem nahi tha. Aap to jante hai hume, Arnavji. Jab hum kuch than lete hai to wo karke rehte hai!" she boasted. [Everything went well. You know me, Arnav. When I decided to do something, I do it well.]

"I know. I have complete faith in you. Now, can I get another kiss from my beloved wife? I miss you a lot." Arnav pouted. Giggling, Khushi leaned against him and kissed him deeply. When breathing became necessary, she pulled back and told him to freshen up. 

/

One week went by.

On the first day of the court's proceeding, Khushi submitted copies of some of the papers from that cursed Redbox. She knew that as soon as Lala got to know about the contents of the Redbox being represented at the court, he would react extremely. What he might do, she didn't know, but she was prepared and so were rest of the super six.

Just as she predicted, on the other side of the city, Lala was breaking everything within his reach as soon as he heard the news. He hadn't expected this girl to have the contents of the Redbox that would proof Naveen innocent and Lala the traitor. He couldn't understand how she got a hold of that box. Deciding to ask his main culprits together about it, he ordered his men to bring Naina to Rajveer's jail cell. 

/ ......... /

Naina was not prepared mentally for the sudden change of her location. She had been in this cell for many many long years. She had lost count of her days, but she knew that it had been too long. She was dragged by three guards to another floor below and after walking for a while, she was shoved into another cell. She was getting ready to fall on the floor but someone held her by her waist and saved her. She recognized his touch instantly. Her head snapped up and she gasped. This was the first time Rajveer and Naina seeing each other in person in last 24 years. 

Teary eyed, she stared into his equally wet eyes. Rajveer smiled at his Naina and nodded his head to assure her that he was okay and this was real. He helped her sit down before turning to the guards with his eyebrows raised.

One of the guards who usually guarded Rajveer answer his unasked question. "Lala sir ka order hai ki tum dono ko ek hi cell me rakkha jaye." and then they left after locking the cell. [Lala sir had ordered to keep you two together.]

Rajveer sat beside Naina and pulled her for a tight hug. It was like his soul was perched for many years and finally got it's water. "Tum thik ho?" he asked, whispering. [You okay?]

Naina just nodded her head against his chest. She didn't want to be away from him even to reply him. Rajveer chuckled at her stubborn attitude and tightened his hold around her shoulder. 

An hour later, Lala found the love birds sitting on the bed together. Naina's head was rest on Rajveer's should as she played with his fingers. Rajveer was resting his head back against the wall with a small smile on his face. Rolling his eyes, Lala slammed the cell door open and barged in angrily. He didn't say anything at first as he was too angry to form words. 

Rajveer watched his godfather curiously. He didn't know what causing Lala to get so flustered but Rajveer felt like it had something to do with Naveen's case. He wonder if Naina knew about the case or not. 

"Tum logo ko jab wo Redbox mila tha to kya tum logo ne uss ke contents ki copies banwaye the?" Lala asked. [When you guys found that Redbox, did you make copies of it's contents?]

Naina finally looked at him and tilted her head with a smirk as if to say yes. 

Lala stomped his feet, growling. "Ye copies tumhare dost ke paas honge, right? Unhone hi uss larki ko ye contents diye honge." he grumbled. [Your friend must've had those papers and they must've given them to that lawyer.]

Naina frowned and tilted her head in confusion. She had know clue what he was talking about. She gestured with her hand to asked what he was talking about. Seeing this, Lala told her about Naveen's reopen case. Naina gasped and sat up straight. She had a hard time controlling her reaction when Lala told them about Redbox's contents being presented to the court that morning. Naina had kept that Redbox's contents hidden somewhere and had written about it's location only on her journal which was her daughter's 20th birthday gift. That meant her daughter had found those contents and was now fighting the war she had started. Naina tightened her hold on Rajveer's hand while keeping her face blank. She didn't Lala to know anything. So, she just shrugged at him as if to say she didn't know anything about it. 

"Iss... iss lawyer ka to kuch karna parega. Ye Naveen marke bhi marta kyu nahi hai. Saala, na hokar bhi dimaag ka dahi banakar rakkha hai." Grumbling under his breath, Lala left. 

Rajveer raised the hand Naina was holding tightly as if to ask why she reacted like that. Naina just gave him a tear smile and cuddled against him again. She cried silently for their child. The child they never got to spend any time with. She cried for the child whose father didn't even know about her existence. 

/

/

/

That night Khushi and Arnav's sleep broke from the constant ringing of Khushi's phone. Annoyed, Khushi grabbed her phone. "Pehle ye Laad Governor nahi sone dete aur ab ye phone." [First this Lord Governor doesn't let me sleep and now this phone.] she grumbled before answering, "Kya hai? Kya chahiye itne raat ko? Devi maiya ne dimag aur ankhein nahi diya kya?" she snarled into the phone. [What? What do you want in the middle of the night? Didn't goddess gave you brain and eyes to see the clock?]

"Sorry to disturb your sleep, Mrs. Raizada... par kya hai na meri raato ki nind churake aap itni aram se kaise so sakte hai?" replied the called in a dry tone. [How can you sleep in peace after destroying mine?]

"Raato ki neend? Kya bakwas kar rahe hai aap? Kaun ho?" Khushi asked rubbing her eyes. [What nonsence is this?! Who are you?]

"Minister Lala Gehlot." he answered.

"Oh... Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia ko jis corrupt minister ne fasaya tha wo wala Lala Gehlot? Arre wah! Hume to laga aapse baat karne ke liye hume aap ki appointment leni paregi." Khushi stated with a cheerful smile. [That same corrupt minister that trapped Capt. Naveen? Wow! I thought I would have to take appointments to speak to you.]

"Kya kaha tum ne?" Lala roared angrily. And before he could continue, Khushi interrupted him casually. [What did you say?]

"Achha huya apne hi samne se phone kiya. Jitna achha achha khana khana hai na khaa lijiye. Kyu ki apko jail ke salakho ke pichhe pohchaye bina hum chain ki saans nahi lenge. Aur Jail me achha khana nahi milta. Good night." and she hung up.  [It's good that you called. Eat as much good food as you can. Because once you're behind the bars, you won't get to eat them anymore. Good bye.]

She knew her words would provoke him. And that's what she wanted. She was an expert in provoking arrogant males after all. She glanced at her arrogant male and giggled. "My jaan." [My love.]  she muttered before she placed a smacking kiss on his cheeks. 

"Mmm. Round three ke liye itni jaldi taiyar hogayi?" [You're ready for round three already?] Arnav asked sleepily as he dragged her down to the bed.

Giggling, Khushi snuggled against him. "Are you up for that, ASR? Thak nahi gaye round two ke baad?" she teased. [Aren't you tired?]

Arnav raised his head to peek at her with his eyebrows raised. "Oh really? Okay." he said before covering them with the blanket.

/

/ ......... /

/

Next morning.

Arnav was getting ready for the day. He had meetings all day and on top of that their summer fashion show was scheduled next month. He felt like his brain would explode from too much work. He craved for a vacation where Khushi and he would be able to spend days in bed. He smiled at his thought. If someone had asked him seven years ago that one day he would think about vacations instead of work, then he would've laughed.

"Akele akele kyu muskurahe ho, Chhote?" Anjali asked as she entered the room after knocking the door. "Khushiji ke bareme soch rahe ho?" she asked with a teasing smile. [Why are you smiling alone? Thinking about Khushi?]

"Meri zindegi me koi aur pagal hai kya jiske bareme sochu?" Arnav asked with a smirk. [Do I have some other crazy in my life?]

"Humne suna apki comment." Khushi remarked as she also entered the room. "Di, dekho na kaise hume pagal bula rahe hai." she whined. [I heard you. Sis, he's calling me crazy again!]

Anjali chuckled as she placed a tika on Arnav's forehead. "Chhero mat meri pyaari bhabhi ko." she scolded before giving both Khushi and Arnav their prasad and left. [Don't tease my sister-in-law.]

Arnav grinned unapologetically at his angry wife and continued getting dressed. Pouting, Khushi back hugged him and whined, "Aap bohot bure ho! Subha subha hume chher rahe ho."  [You're really bad. Don't tease me early in the morning.]

"Wo kya hai na, janemaan. Tumhe chher ne ka haq sirf aur sirf mujhe hai." he told her before grabbing her hand and kissing them. [You know, sweetheart, only I have the right to tease you.]

"Aap aaj pura din busy rahoge. Please apna dhyan rakhna. Pata nahi kyu ek darr sa lag raha hai." Khushi told him worriedly. [You'll be busy all day. PLease take care of you. I don't know I feel very scared.] 

"Don't worry too much. Main bich bich me phone karta rahunga." he assured before they went downstairs for breakfast. [I'll call you in between my meetings.]

Arnav wondered why his wife looked so worried. She was holding onto his arm the whole time he was home. When he finally left the house, he had a hard time to make her let him go. He placed one last kiss on her forehead before he left. 

He had to deal with three back to back meetings and it was well into lunch time. Deciding to take a small break and go home for lunch. he got into the back of his car. He was so tired that he didn't notice any wrong with his driver. Before he could react though someone else entered the back and placed a cloth on his mouth. Arnav struggled but against two people he wasn't able to do anything. Soon, he lost his consciousness. 

/

/

/

A/N:::: VOTE please even if you don't comment. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

274K 13K 41
A story based on the characters of Indian TV series Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Not related to the series, so can be read as an independent story too...
175K 9.4K 29
(Cover credit: naughty_breeze) Due to a situation Khushi had to leave Raizada mansion. Now after five years Arnav met Khushi. But she is not the Khus...
51.7K 2K 9
WON THE 2ND POSITION IN CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS 2021 ... CATEGORY : FANFICTION (HINDI/HINGLISH ONLY) Standalone,highest rank: #4 in acceptance , #23 i...
414K 13K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...