π“π‘πž 𝐒𝐒π₯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫

By _APHRODIT3_

"It really is a shame that such a pretty face is about to get so fucked up." I say as I run my finger down hi... More

Short A/N
Characters/Aesthetics
01 - Best Regards
02 - An Intruder
03 - Asset
04 - Deal
05 - Burning Bridges
06 - Six Feet Under
07 - Club
08 - OmertΓ 
09 - Company
10 - Instinct
11 - The Mexicans
12 - Normal
13 - Cigarettes and Blazers
14 - Gun
15 - Melatonin
16 - Scars
17 - Tattoos
18 - Kai
19 - Hoodie
20 - Jealous
21 - Addicted
22 - Privilege
23 - Happy Birthday
24 - High
25 - A Hangover From Hell
26 - Obedience
28 - Strip
29 - Hickey
30 - Exhilarating
31 - Meaningless
32 - Gone

27 - FiancΓ©

68.6K 1.3K 657
By _APHRODIT3_

- Chapter song: Maroon, Taylor Swift -
(The emotional attachment I have with this song is not healthy)

A long chapter to make up for my absence 😌 Enjoy
(if there's mistakes, it's bc I didn't have time to edit)

Don't forget to vote and comment <3

"I don't like it." I say

"What's there not to like?" Gigi asks.

"You mean besides the fact that it's itchy as hell and way too long on me?" I say as I look down at the dress I'm wearing.

"Once you put your heels on it won't be as long and as for the itchiness, that's just something you're gonna have to put up with unfortunately." She says.

"I'm not wearing it." I begin to take it off.

"That's the fourth dress you've said no to. My closet isn't endless, you know. What's gonna happen when there aren't any dresses left for you to try? You gonna go naked?"

"What else you got?" I ignore her sarcasm.

She sighs and rolls her eyes before going back into her closet. She comes back out holding a dark maroon dress.

"Try this."

I slip it on and she does the zipper up at the back. It's long with a slit up one leg, spaghetti straps and a deep v neckline.

"You're wearing that. I don't give a fuck what you say." Gigi says and begins to put the other dresses I tried on back on their hangers and into their protective bags.

"I don't understand why we are going to this thing anyways. It's some ancient guy's birthday, big deal. It's not like he hasn't had a million of them already." I tell her as I change back into my normal clothes.

"Because," She says, standing up to put the dresses back in her closet. "That 'ancient guy' is our uncle."

"And what does that have to do with me?" I ask.

"Look, Enzo will never tell you this, but he needs your help." She turns back to me.

I scoff. "Why would he need my help?" I ask, mockingly.

"Because, after our dad died, our uncle took over as for a little bit."

"I thought Enzo immediately went into power." I question.

"He did. But because he was so young, our uncle acted as an advisor of sorts, and Enzo was glad to have help from our dad's brother while he learnt how to take control. My brother was technically the new Don but our uncle really made all the decisions until Enzo was eighteen." Gigi explains.

"So, where does my help tie into all of this?"

"I'm getting there. When our uncle officially passed the reigns over, he told Enzo that until he got married, he would continue to advise him, although the ultimate decisions would be made by Enzo." She says.

"My uncle believes that once a leader gets married, they no longer would need an advisor as their partner fills that role. Enzo wasn't happy about it, of course. But because our uncle was kind of like the last connection we had to our father and became a new father figure to us, he didn't want to ruin his relationship with him. Plus, my brother knew it came from a good place and not out of desire to rule. So he agreed." Gigi runs a hand through her blonde hair, pushing it out of her face.

It then clicks in my head.

"Enzo wants me to go and act like I'm his girlfriend in front of your uncle so that he gets of his back?" I ask, skeptically.

I stand up and go over to her mirror to tie my hair up into a ponytail.

"Close." I see her wince in the reflection, knowing that whatever she's about to tell me, I won't like.

"He wants you to act like his fiancé."

I spin towards her so fast that I get dizzy.

"Your fucking with me." I say.

"I told him it was a bad idea but he didn't listen! He told me to tell you anyways-" Gigi rambles.

"Hold on." I interrupt. "He wasn't even gonna ask me himself? He got you to tell me?" I laugh in disbelief.

My god this man is pathetic.

"Why do I have to fucking do it. Can't you get Alina to?" I ask, hoping I've just come up with a solution.

"She can't. My uncle has already met her and knows that Alina is nothing more than a friend of Enzo's. He would be suspicious if we told him they're engaged." She shoots it down.

"Well, why doesn't he hire a date or get a random woman that works for him or something? Tons of people do that." I suggest.

"Believe me, Ana, I've tried my hardest to get you out of this but it's just not possible. We are very close to our uncle. This isn't a one off thing where you meet once. He's going to be seeing you frequently, especially after being told Enzo is 'engaged' to you. He can't use some random woman." She uses air quotes around the word 'engaged'.

Fuck sake.

It's fine, Ana. Just act like his fiancé in front of their uncle for a few hours and whenever you see him after today. Easy. You've done much worse things, besides, how often would you be seeing him anyways?

I just wish Enzo had the courtesy to tell me himself instead of his sister.

Gigi leaves to go get ready and I do the same. I shower, wash my hair, and shave my legs before getting out, wrapping a towel around myself, and start on my hair.

I blow dry my hair before curling it. Deciding on the type of hair style I want, I curl it, tease the top and slick down the front two sections. Once my hair is done, I start on my makeup, going for a neutral brown smokey eye. Once I finish my eyes, I do the rest of my base, add fake lashes and a dark nude pink lip liner, lipstick, and gloss over the top. 

I quickly check the time and see I have less than fifteen minutes until I have to be ready. I put on a pair of underwear, if you can even call it that due to there being so little fabric since I didn't want to have a visible underwear line, and then pick up Gigi's dress from off my bed.

I look at it for a moment before pulling it's zipper down, stepping into it and slipping it up my legs.  I can't reach the zip so I call for Alina to come and zip it for me since she was done getting ready and Gigi wasn't.

She enters my room and come up behind me in front of my mirror. 

"You look so pretty." She compliments.

I smile softly. "Thank you. So do you." 

Alina is wearing a navy blue dress with a halter neckline and black heels.

I pick out a pair of heels to slip on, add gold jewellery from the vanity, spray some perfume on, and put everything I might need into a small clutch 

Seeing that we were late, we leave my room and meet Gigi downstairs.

"Enzo and the guys already left. We're meeting them there." Gigi says.

The three of us make our way to the car waiting for us, all three of us sitting in the back, leaving the driver alone in the front.

It's a forty minute drive to the venue. When we get out of the car I am immediately blinded by the bright repetitive flashes of cameras. 

There's yelling, so much yelling that I can't even hear what's being said.

Even though I know there would be no way to pin my face to my real name, I still take precaution and try to cover my face as much as possible with my hand. I'm not used to paparazzi since I've always kept low key and private. 

Enzo, however, is a different story. 

His main 'clean' business is his hotel chain. The 'Medici Hotels' are currently all across the US and in most countries in Europe. Most people believe that's how he made his fortune but they're wrong. It's the other way around. His hotels are only successful because he was already rich from his real job. 

Once we get inside the venue, we are greeted with champagne from waiters. All three of us grab one each and make our way further inside.

"He just makes it more and more over the top each year." Alina says, unamused.

"Tell me about it. He had a fucking ice sculpture of himself made for the entrance. How conceited is that?" Gigi laughs. 

Gigi and Alina go to the bathroom while I go over to our table to set my stuff down and get a stronger drink.

I'm halfway to the table before I get interrupted.

"Speaking of, here's my fiancé now." I hear Enzo say.

His arm wraps around my waist and pulls me towards him.

He's wearing an all black suit but without the tie, the top two buttons of his shirt undone and allowing his tattoos to peak through. I hate that I find him so attractive right now when I'm meant to be angry.  

"Just go with it." He says quietly into my ear.

I turn my head so that's lips are near his ear.

"You are so dead when we get back." I grit out, disguising it as a smile. 

I look over to whoever it was Enzo was talking to.

"Hi, I'm Ana. It's nice to meet you." I reach my hand out to shake his.

"Nice to meet you, Ana. I'm Armani, Enzo's uncle." He shakes my hand.

Fucking great. Not even five minutes did I last before being ambushed into meeting this fucker's uncle as his fiancé.

Give a woman time to prepare for fuck sake.

"So you two are engaged?" Armani asks.

I force myself to nod with a smile.

"How come I've never heard of you?" He asks.

"We wanted to keep our relationship private." Enzo answers.

Armani nods, hesitantly.

We make small talk for a while until I see Enzo's mother approach us.

"Ella, how are you?" Armani greets his sister-in-law.

"I'm good. How are you?" She replies.

"Good. Can you believe Enzo is engaged?" He asks.

Ella looks over at her son and then at me. She definitely didn't know about this. Hell, I didn't even know about this until three hours ago.

Enzo gives his mother a pleading look to go along with it.

"Yes, I know. It was very recent." She answers.

I feel like the more he looks at us, the closer he gets to seeing through our lies. 

"Armani, more guests have arrived. We should greet them." Ella distracts.

She leads him away from us and I open my mouth to say something but he speaks first.

"Come with me for a minute." Enzo says after his uncle and mother leave.

He begins to walk and I follow, resisting the urge to rip him to shreds until we are out of sight.

We walk through the venue and into the quiet hallway until we reach a door.

Enzo reaches into his pants pocket and pulls out a key to unlock the door. Once it's open, I see there is an office inside.

"Why do you have the key to a random office?" I ask.

"It's my uncles office. He has something I need in here somewhere. Just watch the door." He says, avoiding answering my question about where the key came from.

I forget all about my desire to yell at him over the stunt he just pulled and turn all my attention into this new situation this man has gotten us into. 

"Are you fucking crazy?" I whisper yell.

He ignores me as he starts to rifle through his uncles desk drawers. 

I look out into the hallway to make sure no one is coming before turning back to Enzo.

"If we get caught, we're fucked. Hurry up and let's go." I urge.

"No, if I get caught then I'm fucked. You're just an accomplice." He says as he files through the papers on top of the desk.

"Wow, thanks. That makes me feel so much better." My tone dripping in sarcasm.

He points back towards the door. I roll my eyes before checking again just in time to see Armani turn the corner and start walking towards the office, distracted as he talks to someone on the phone.

"Shit!" I say as I shut the door and lock it.

"He's coming. Hurry up." I rush.

We have about thirty seconds until Enzo's uncle walks through the door and catches us. Lord knows what will happen then.

"Found it." Enzo says, folding and tucking the stapled pages into his jacket pocket before making his way back around the desk towards me.

"Well, that's just fantastic news. Now onto more important matters, your uncle is going to walk through that door in about ten seconds and find us here. What's your plan for that one, fiancé?" 

I almost jump out of my skin when I hear the door knob rattle as Armani unlocks it.

I'm looking around the whole room for a window, not caring about the fact we're on the third floor.

Nothing.

The door begins to open. So I do the only thing I can think of that might give us an excuse as to why we were in here.

I grab the back of Enzo's neck, pull him towards me and kiss him.

- A/N -

AHHHHH IT FINALLY HAPPENED. 27 CHAPTERS LATER IK THIS IS WHAT YALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

Sorry for not updating for so long. Honestly I'm just so exhausted and I want to enjoy the last 2 weeks of school that I have.

I dyed my hair maroon (chapter song 💅) red today. I'm devouring it up I love it.

After I finish writing TS and editing SS I think I'm gonna have a big break for like a year before writing the final book. I just rlly feel like I've lost my spark with writing, it's become more like a chore to me than a passion and that makes me so sad to say.
I think I just need a break to rediscover my love for writing again and then I'll come back to write more stories outside of the Medici series. Inshallah.

I have 2 weeks until I graduate and I couldn't be more excited. I finished my trial exams so after I graduate I have 1 more round of exams (stupid Ik. Idk why they do it after we graduate) and then I'm done with high school forever.

As I type this The Weeknd tickets are going to go on sale tmr and I am manifesting so hard. I need these tickets like him and Taylor are the only 2 artists I badly want to see. Manifest with me guys 🤞 I'll update you when I get the tickets. (I say 'when' instead of 'if' bc I don't wanna put bad energy out into the universe and even fathom the thought of not getting tickets bc I AM GETTING THEM)
(update: I GOT THE TICKETS OMGGG. I WAITED IN THE QUEUE FOR 4MINS AND GOT A RESERVE SEATS!!! I CAN'T BELIVE IT. MANIFESTING WORKS GUYS!!!!)

I was at the hospital the other day bc my grandfather had to be on watch while he took these rlly hardcore painkillers and antibiotics since he's rlly old, and there was this guy on the opposite bed from us who kept calling me 'Mary' and my sister 'Janice' and he told my sister not to look in the mirror bc she would break it and then later that she looked like a gorilla from behind. I WAS DYING LAUGHING this guy was obviously on some pretty decent medication himself that made him loopy and it was just hilarious how he only said that shit to her and not me.

Do any of you guys brother's ever come into your room just to say some random stupid useless shit or are ur brother's normal? Bc I'm convinced my brother does it just to piss me off.

Okay that's all for today bye :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

976K 16.5K 65
[Semi Edited ] Previously Know As 'Adoration' Book One In The Russo Series "So fucking tight" he praised backing up looking at my body as he thumbs m...
10.5K 768 27
Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #97 in Graphic 2024 #16 in Arguing 2024 #46 in Wealthy 2024 #68 in Russian 2024 #96 in Sexual 2024 **** Twenty-four ye...
1.9M 46.2K 47
Linette Cyan did not expect to give up her ordinary nineteen year-old life as wedding dowry in an arranged marriage. Engaged to a charismatic and com...
772K 12.2K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ β€’β€’ "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...