Moonlit Shadows

By Avid_Rdr

20 years have passed since we last visited Blood Mountain. Life has continued on, but for some of Blood Mount... More

Dead Ends
Home Is Where Your Heart Is
Just Like Old Times
On Your Own Terms
Arrivals
Destiny
Getting to Know You
Old Aquaintances And New
Whom Can One Trust?
Moonlight
The Transgressions of a Few
Unforgotten Memories
Confusion
Treating the Wounds
When You Can't Stand To Be Apart
Distractions
Missing Luna
A New Plan
Connections
Getting To Know You
Come Back
Sounds of Grief
The Voice In Your Head
Today We Fight
Doubts and Decisions
The Full Moon
Pain and Hope
Friends Don't Let Friends Travel Alone
To London, To London
To Meet The King
So Close, Yet So Far
Things To Be Done
Sometimes It Takes A Vampire
Betrayal
Every Problem Has A Solution
Suspicion
Unleashed
Live To Fight And Fight To Live
Know Your Enemy
How Does One Win in a Bloodbath?
And It Ends in a Reckoning
The Slowest Way To Die Is To Wait For A Loved One To Live
Appreciation for the Mundane
Narrow Misses
Wounds Can Be Healed By Truth
Wedding Jitters
Two Become One
Overwhelm
The Best Is Yet To Come
Epilogue

Finally Home

422 37 63
By Avid_Rdr

"I would invite you all to stay longer, but I'm sure you're anxious to get back to your own territories." Zephyr stood with his hands clasped tightly behind his back. His face betrayed no emotion except the calm pleasantness everyone had come to associate with him.

"What he means to say is that we hope you will all consider this an open invitation to come back whenever you wish. Castle Tierkrieger Isness is always open to you." Aydan bowed a full ninety degrees.

Zephyr rolled his eyes. "I said what I said, Aydan. It needed none of your interpretations."

Taehyung pasted on a forced smile and extended a hand to the Alpha wolf. "As much as it is beneath me to express my gratitude to a subspecies, I do wish to thank you for all you did for my wife, Jungkook, and everyone else. You're not a half-bad wolf."

Taehyung's smooth smirk at the end of his words made Zephyr's cheeks puff with irritation, which only served to bring more joy to the vampire. Taehyung moved on to the large door and waited for the rest to join him.

One by one, the rest of the group walked by Zephyr, expressing their thanks and their appreciation for helping them when they needed it most.

Jaci was next to last, and she stopped in front of Aydan, who greeted her with a warm, friendly smile. He reached out and took her hand, planting a gentle kiss on the back of it.

"Madam, I do hope you will grace us with your presence again sometime."

Jaci smiled and nodded, withdrawing her hand. "I think this would be a nice place for a vacation, don't you, Jungkook?"

She looked back at her mate and almost giggled at how much he was trying to hold back from driving a fist into Aydan's stomach. She turned her attention back to her host.

"And Zephyr, thank you. You've done so much to help me when I was nothing but a stranger to you. And though you might be quite prickly on the outside, I think there's a softer side to you that you should show a bit more."

Zephyr smiled flatly and urged her to head to the rest of the group.

Last but never least, Jungkook approached the pair, his Alpha pheromones practically engulfing him like a thick cloud. Aydan cleared his throat and smiled just like he had at the others, extending his hand to the Alpha.

"I meant what I said, Jungkook. Please come back and visit sometime." Aydan bowed and then raised to find himself eye to eye with Jungkook.

"Only if you promise to keep your lips off my mate," growled Jungkook softly through clenched teeth.

Zephyr let out a sigh and grabbed Jungkook's arm, pulling him over and away from Aydan, who was tickled at how much he had irked Jungkook. "Ignore that immature pup."

A gasp of shock erupted from Aydan, and he quickly clamped his mouth closed and fumed in testy silence at the insult.

"Now, you have caused me enough trouble that will last me quite a while. I would appreciate it if the next time you visit, you leave the trouble somewhere over the ocean and come in peace, hm?"

Jungkook grinned and nodded. "I'll do my best. And thank you for everything," he said, gesturing towards his chest.

Zephyr raised his eyebrows and shook his head. "It was a miracle you survived that. I truly had my doubts. But I've had my doubts about all of you at one point or another," he said, looking over at the rest of the group.

"And yet you've all managed to prove me wrong or win me over. Please, have a safe journey home and Hoseok, keep in mind my offer," Zephyr called over to Hoseok.

Everyone looked at Hoseok, who shifted his eyes away from their curious stares.

"Let's go," he grumbled, walking out the door.

Jaci stopped just before she exited and looked back. "I've been wondering something. What does the name Tierkrieger Isness mean? It must stand for something."

Aydan looked to Zephyr, who glanced at him, then turned and walked away. Aydan looked back at Jaci and smiled. "It roughly translates to mean Castle of the Wolf Warriors."

"And the wolves depicted on the bedposts? And the tapestries?"

Aydan smiled even wider. "The bedpost carvings are of the first alpha pairs in our pack. The paintings and tapestries depict our pack history. I can email you all the historical information if you'd like?"

Jaci's face beamed, and she nodded excitedly. "I would love that!"

Jungkook watched the exchange and noted how Jaci's face lit up at the historical tidbits of information. However, he wasn't happy that some other Alpha made Jaci smile like she was. He gently nudged her back. "We need to go," he murmured.

Jaci smiled apologetically and hurried through the door.

Jungkook looked back once more and threw Aydan a disgruntled snort as he closed the door behind him.

Aydan chuckled and shook his head, muttering to himself. "So possessive. I wouldn't dream of taking your mate from you."

"Aydan! We have things to do. Stop standing there and moping about our company leaving," shouted Zephyr coming back from around a corner.

"Yes, Master. I'm coming!"

"For the last time, stop calling me that!"

* * *

The convoy of taxis pulled up to the base of Blood Mountain, having been directed to drop their fares at the Memorial Tree. After unloading the passengers and the luggage, the taxis sped away.

"Jungkook, will you be staying here for a while or coming directly home?" asked Jimin as he threw his heavy backpack over his shoulders.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung, who was suddenly interested in a purple ribbon, then to Sunny, who was trying not to look like she wanted him to stay, to Jaci, who was looking at him with complete adoration. Looking back to Jimin, he said, "I think I want to stay a night here. Tell the pack I will be back tomorrow, and they better get ready. We have a wedding to plan, a Luna to introduce, and lots to do."

Jimin and Hoseok grinned and nodded, then started their hike home.

Jaci walked over to Sunny. "Is it time to replace any of these?" she said, running a red ribbon between her fingers.

Sunny smiled and nodded. "Perhaps. Well, since you two have invited yourselves into our home, I suppose we need to figure out who we are all going to eat tonight?"

Jaci paled, and Taehyung giggled at her reaction.

"How about we head into the village and eat at the regular place?" he said, looping his arm around Sunny's waist.

Jungkook took Jaci's hand. "She was joking, Jaci," he whispered into her ear.

Sunny laughed and shook her head. "Sorry, I've become a bit of a joker since I married this Joseon comedian over here." She jabbed Taehyung in the ribs with her elbow, making him grunt.

"Comedian...hmph. You've not even begun to hear the centuries of jokes I have in my keeping."

"Yes, Hyung, but how many of them are still even relevant?" grinned Jungkook, storing his and Jaci's luggage behind a large pine.

"All of them!" said Taehyung with mock offense.

"Only if you lived in the Joseon era, I'm sure," giggled Sunny, reaching up to pat Taehyung's cheek.

"Well, they're funny to me anyway," he grumbled.

* * *

Taehyung and Sunny turned in early, citing the joy of being in their bed as reason enough to go to bed. Jungkook and Jaci were left alone. Jaci was seated at the table, and Jungkook was nursing a cup of hot chocolate as he leaned against the counter.

Jaci was looking at a dark green ribbon with white writing on it.

Derek Fenton - Professor and Friend

"Second thoughts?" asked Jungkook, setting his cup down on the counter. He moved over behind Jaci and gently massaged her shoulders.

Jaci's head bobbed, and she shrugged. "I don't want to offend Hoseok."

Jungkook leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "I think he will understand."

Jaci leaned her head back and looked up at his face. "Are you sure?"

Jungkook studied her worried expression. "You're worrying over nothing. Hoseok won't mind. The pack will also accept you, Jaci. They will love you. Just give them a chance to get to know you more, and they won't have a problem."

Jaci looked back down. "You know me too well already."

Jungkook leaned down and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "And yet, I still want to learn more."

Turning his face, he kissed her cheek. Jaci leaned back into his embrace and laid her face against his arm.

"I'm nervous, but I know you will always have my back."

"Exactly. We'll hang that ribbon up tomorrow before we head home. Is that okay with you?"

Jaci nodded. "Absolutely."

"Let's get some rest. It's going to be a big day tomorrow."

Jaci nodded and stood, letting Jungkook engulf her in a warm back hug. She leaned back and smiled. "And we will face it together."

Jungkook's heart soared, and he squeezed Jaci tight, making her grunt and giggle. Eventually, the pair settled down for the night, Jaci in Jungkook's old bed and Jungkook in wolf form curled up at the foot of the bed.

"You could have stayed in your human form, Jungkook," said Jaci, laughing as the wolf walked in circles on top of the blankets before finally curling up into a ball.

"Too dangerous," he grumbled before tucking his muzzle underneath his bushy tail.

Jaci giggled and snuggled down into the blankets. Her mate was too cute, too sweet, and so amazingly perfect. She couldn't wait to fully be his mate and the pack's Luna.

* * *

The next day, after making sure Taehyung and Sunny knew they were to come to the wedding, Jungkook and Jaci headed out to finally start their lives as Alpha and Luna of the Blood Mountain Pack.

But first, they had a small stop to make. The Memorial Tree was covered with all colors of the rainbow. Each ribbon was gently swaying with the breeze.

Jaci located a partially bare spot and tied the dark green ribbon to a branch. Derek Fenton's name was clearly visible, and the ribbon rippled as it swayed. She felt pangs of sadness as her mind drifted to memories she had of her favorite professor. He had done nothing wrong towards her, and it was hard for her to fully accept he had been an enemy in the end. She ran her fingers down the satiny ribbon and whispered her farewells to the professor who had come to mean so much to her.

"All good?" said Jungkook softly, wrapping an arm around Jaci's shoulders.

"Mmm. It's time to close that chapter of my life. I'm ready to start a new one with you," she said, smiling up at him.

Jungkook chuckled. "You're so cheesy. C'mon. It's time to go home."

* * *

The cabins were decorated with vibrant colors and signs, expressing how happy the pack was to have their Alpha home again finally.

Jungkook and Jaci found themselves surrounded by cheers and laughter as nearly every pack member greeted them from the center of the camp.

Standing at the foot of the steps that led up to the Alpha's cabin, Hoseok and Jimin were beaming with pride as their brother walked towards them with his beautiful Luna by his side.

"My Alpha," said Hoseok, bowing to Jungkook.

Jungkook clapped Hoseok's shoulder and pulled him into a tight hug. "Brother," he murmured in reply.

Jimin also gave his greetings and was also wrapped in the tight arms of Jungkook.

Hoseok was the next to speak, while Jimin helped silence the rest of the crowd.

"Tomorrow is the full moon. Tomorrow is the day we will see our Alpha and his fated mate wedded together under the light of that full moon. Tomorrow we will run as a full pack. Tomorrow begins a new era for the Blood Mountain werewolves."

Everyone cheered, and the sudden noise startled Jaci, who laughed it off, but she did grip Jungkook's arm tighter to herself.

The crowd finished their greetings, and soon Jaci found herself in Hoseok's former home, sitting in front of a warm fire, listening to Jimin and his mate going over the ceremony details with her.

"I'm not sure I will remember all of this," she said, smiling weakly.

"I will help you," offered Ha-Yoon.

Jaci found herself smiling in response to the beautiful mate of Jimin's. Ha-Yoon, with her dark hair, dark eyes, and brilliant smile, was not someone you could easily dislike. She was friendly, sweet, and more than willing to help her new packmate.

"And I'll be right there with you as well," said Jungkook. He reached over and took Jaci's hand, raising it to his lips for a small kiss.

Jaci felt her cheeks heat up. "Jungkook," she muttered shyly.

Jimin giggled and nudged his wife. "We should get home. It's dark now, and I'm sure these two would like some alone time."

"What? But I don't think I'm prepared yet!" said Jaci in an exasperated tone.

"You'll do fine," smiled Ha-Yoon, taking her husband's outstretched hand. "I'll be here tomorrow to help you get ready."

"But-" said Jaci; however, the two had already left.

"Don't be so nervous. Everything will be fine," said Jungkook, patting her hand with his.

"I certainly feel more confident now that I can shift. At least I don't have to worry about being a complete outsider."

"Just so you know, you're one beautiful wolf when you shift," said Jungkook while winking at her.

Jaci grinned and leaned her head against his shoulder as she watched the fire burn. "I love you, Jungkook."

Jungkook reached over to cup her cheek with his hand, and he pressed his lips to hers. It was chaste and sweet, not demanding or heated—just a small, gentle expression of what was burning in his heart.

"Okay, I'm heading to my old cabin. It's going to be cold and lonely there all by myself," he pouted.

Jaci giggled. "I'm not going to feel sorry for you and ask you to stay. Tomorrow night, though, if you even think of leaving-"

"Wouldn't dream of it," he said with a grin. "I'm already looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Can't wait."

"Me either. I'm finally ready to be your Luna."

"But not just my Luna," said Jungkook, gently pushing some hair away from her face. "My best friend. My wife. My fated mate."

Jaci's heart thumped hard against her chest when he said the words "fated mate." Her wolf practically howled in excitement.

Tomorrow would bring significant changes for her, but it would bring some of the most amazing things into her life. Never had she dreamed she would become part of such a large family. She never imagined she would be marrying someone as amazing as Jungkook.

Tomorrow held so much hope and promises for the future. If only it would come sooner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 1.2K 44
„Werewolves don't exist." „But what if I was one?" „Huh?" ࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏ Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jeongguk definitely aren't...
64 0 4
A long time ago there used to be peace among all species. But things suddenly changed after a vicious attack wiped out many people. Lives were torn a...
4.9K 148 6
Joon:Y/N...please...g-get out of here. Don't worry...about me. J-Just go. He raised the knife in the air and jabbed it in Namjoon's heart. Y/N:NAMJO...
56.5K 4.2K 36
Every werewolf has a fate, interpreted by Amma and guided by the Moon. In this world, there are 2 Supreme Fates fully determined by Her - serve in th...