Worthy of Love (Hajime Hinata...

Per UrbanDeity04

As part of the 77th Class of Hope's Peak Academy, you were immediately branded with a reputation as an elite... Més

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 20

1.3K 44 43
Per UrbanDeity04

  The following day, Chisa's voice deteriorated into static in your mind as you stayed focused on last night. Hajime hadn't responded to any of your texts after the events, nor any of the ones you sent in the morning. Your notebook was blank, as all of the points Chisa had been explaining passed over you. Her lecture continued as she drifted through the aisles, and a quick glance from her down at your empty notebook was enough of an indication that she was aware you weren't focused. She said nothing, and you couldn't care about her opinion. 

  After class, your teacher wasted no time catching you before you left the classroom. "(Y/n), wait." You stopped, anticipating this would happen.

  "Is everything okay?" she asked after your classmates had completely filed out of the room. 

  "Yes, everything's fine." You weren't sure if you wanted to engage in this with her. Is she aware of what's going on with Hajime? I don't know if she's part of the faculty that's involved.

  "You can tell me if something is going on. I want to make sure my students are okay."

  "I know." She always means well. I trust her. I really do. "Something's just...going on. I don't know what it is."

  "Do you have any information? I'd like to help if I can. If you don't want that, we can just talk."

  You sighed. "I could use some help." The only faculty that's definitely on my side is Ms. Yukizome. "But--and I don't mean to get aggressive--I need to know that you'll definitely support me. I'm running out of people to trust."

  Her demeanor became serious to prove her sincerity. "I will never put anything above you or your classmates. Anything you need to know, I'll tell you." 

  "Okay." It was the best you were going to get. "Do you know of any projects going on at Hope's Peak? Any experiments, or something?" 

 "Hmm, nothing that stands out. We always have scout explorations, of course. We take students on abroad trips for study. There's little things each student does, or promotions from the student council, but no overall experiments or events going on. That I'm aware of, at least."

  "I see."

  "Do you think there's something going on?"

  "I do. My friend, Hajime, he's been asked to take part in some experiment. I don't know the specifics, but he meets with people in the new Main Course building."

  "Gosh, even I don't know what goes on over there. I know the Steering Committee has their offices in that building, and we've transitioned the second and third years over there for classes and living. What actually goes on, though, I don't know."

  "There's no files or information regarding it?"

  "Not in the servers in this building. I don't usually go elsewhere unless I have to. Whatever information they would have would be secured."

  "Okay."

  "If you want, I can keep an eye on Hajime's records. I can't go watch him in person, but I can see if any changes are made to his student profile. They update if a student is out of school, failing, expelled, stuff like that." 

  "That would be great."

  "I can get in contact with other faculty as well-"

  "I don't know if you should. I don't know who's involved."

  "Right. If it's under wraps, there'll probably be consequences if we're caught."

  "Well, I don't want you to get in trouble. You don't have to do this if it's risky."

  "I don't mind." Chisa smiled. "It's kinda fun."

  "If you say so," you said. 

  "I'd talk to Kyosuke about this, but since he's overseas he won't help much." Chisa seemed to be talking to herself. "I could go to Mr. Kirigiri. He's separate from the Steering Committee, but like you said: he could be involved."

  "Right."

  "Well, I guess that just leaves it up to us! We'll have to tackle this ourselves!" Chisa's grin widened.

  "Really? What can we do?"

  "Well..." Chisa leaned back on her lectern. "As an employee of Hope's Peak academy and your teacher, it would be...dreadfully wrong of me to suggest sneaking in after hours."

  "It...certainly would be." You were catching on.

  "And for the record, I would never propose to use the key card left on Ms. Yukizome's desk in the teacher's lounge to get in to any secure rooms."

  "You have one?" You broke character. "I thought you didn't use the building." 

  "I don't. Still, it's always nice to have access. I get a few little perks from my friend." Chisa winked. 

  "Alright," you said. "What's in it for you, though? I mean, why are you condoning this?"

  "There's probably a lot of information locked up in that building. Personally, I don't trust the intent of the Committee. I want you to focus on your friend, first and foremost. But if you happen to find something damning, I'd have to know." Her face hardened.

  "Do you think there's something malicious going on?"

  "More like misguided. This academy has lost sight of its objective in recent years, and I want to know what's going on."

  "I don't know if I can handle that. I just want to help Hajime." You couldn't lie to yourself. Uncovering corporate secrets might be above you. 

  "You're under no obligation to. I would never require you to go beyond what you're comfortable with." 

  "I'll do what I can," you weakly promised. 

  "Don't push yourself, and be careful. I can only vouch for you so much before you're in trouble."

  "I will."

  "If you need anything else, you can always come back to me."

  "Okay," you said. "Thank you." 

  Dismissed, you headed to the teacher's lounge, blindly trusting Chisa's reference. You found a generic key card on your teacher's desk, laying there loosely as if she had placed it beforehand specifically for you. You took it, pocketing it quietly and leaving the lounge. 

  8 PM. Time to head out. You zipped up your jacket and began collecting the items you had laid out on your bed: a flashlight, the key card, your dorm key, and your phone. You shoved them into different pockets on your pants and jacket, feeling a bit bulky with your inventory. 

  Stepping out into the quiet hallway, you checked your left and right before leaving your room, as if there was some security that was going to stop you. Reminding yourself to relax, you left the building and scurried across the campus to your destination. You gently pushed open the glass doors and crept inside. 

  Down the hallway to your right, you heard the whirring of some sort of muffled engine. You peered into the poorly lit hall, trying to make out anyone in the darkness. The sound was increasing in noise, and your anxiety kept you from staying around any longer to see what it was. You hurried to the elevator and called it; it politely opened almost immediately as if it had been expecting you. You stepped in and selected the nineteenth floor, listening to the mechanical hum decrescendo as the elevator doors closed. 

  The elevator ride was smooth and silent, contrary to the one you remembered taking in the Reserve Course dormitory. The contrast in funding is always astonishing.

  The offices on the nineteenth floor were empty. The desk lamps that shone last night were powered off, making the dull room duller. You kept your steps quiet in case anyone happened to still be around.

  You chose the main door at the end first. It seemed to hold the most important information, after all. You saw a card reader adjacent to the door you didn't notice yesterday. The small light indicating its status was glowing red, suggesting the door was locked. I should make sure it's clear.

  You pressed your ear against the door, listening for any indication of life. None. A few moments later, you swiped the card and turned the unlocked handle, pushing the door open a few inches and peering inside. Nobody. Just a wide, solid desk and some minimalist steel decoration. Feeling secure, you opened the door completely and took a few steps inside. 

  Somebody grabbed your wrist and twisted it behind your back, simultaneously locking your leg and forcing you to trip to the ground, pinning you beneath them. A second individual leapt from behind the desk, withdrawing a sharp sword and pointing it at your head. You struggled against your attacker, looking up to see who you were dealing with. The sword wielder had unmistakable red eyes, hidden behind a pair of wire glasses. 

  "Peko?" you asked, calming down.

  "(Y/n)...?" She knelt down, confirming it was her classmate. 

  "Oh!" The person above you scrambled off, allowing you to stand and see them. It was Sonia, decked out in a military-esque getup with her hair tied back. "What are you doing here?"

   "What are you doing here?" you echoed.

  "We're on a mission," Sonia declared. "I believe there is malintent in Hope's Peak and I wish to eradicate it. Peko is helping."

  "Where'd this come from?" You heard Chisa talk about her own suspicions regarding faculty, but you didn't know why your classmates suspected so as well.

  "We've heard stuff all over the place." Peko stood behind you. "Our mysterious 17th classmate, increased security...I hear Mr. Kirigiri and Mr. Kizakura arguing often, though it's hard for me to discern what about."

  "Right. So you broke in here?"

  "Against our better judgement, we trusted Nagito when he said information could be found here." Sonia sighed, disappointed to have stooped so low.

  "How'd you get in? The door was locked."

  "The window. Sonia briefly showed me how to repel." Peko pointed at an open window behind the desk you hadn't noticed before; the night sky made it blend in with the neutral walls around it. Ropes and other climbing equipment were hung on the windowsill. 

  "Wow," you breathed. 

  "We've already found a substantial amount of concerning documents." Sonia strode to the desk. "Funding receipts, students records, employee records, all sorts of things. I think we need to take these to someone that can help."

  "Like who?" You moved to stand across the desk from her. 

  "Look." She passed you a folder. "The things this committee is working on...it's very confidential. Few faculty knows about it."

  You read the contents inside. The first was a print-out of an email from a few weeks ago. Memo: Kirigiri has been inquiring about ongoing projects again. I told him we're working on scouting, but we're going to have to come up with something better. 

  Reply: I know. I'm damn tired of him and his stupid ideals. If he'd focus on shit more important than researching luck, maybe he'd be permitted to join us. 

  Another typed paper was filled with text, the gist of it pertaining to confidentiality. All scientists and workers must be screened prior to inclusion in the aforementioned project to ensure secrecy. All members of the committee must present at screening. You read further down. Withholding information from other faculty, and more importantly the test subject, is mandatory. Failure to comply with secrecy will result in termination. 

  "Well, your suspicions were right. Something's going on." You set down the papers. 

  "Why are you here? Same reason as us?" Peko asked.

  "Not entirely. I'm looking for my friend. He's been involved with this committee recently, and he's gone missing." 

  "What's his name?" Sonia asked, shuffling through papers like a secretary.

  "Hajime Hinata."

  "Right, I've seen that somewhere before." She uncovered what she was looking for. "Here. They talk about him in this."

  You anxiously grabbed the paper. It was a brief report regarding your friend. Hajime Hinata is a first year in the Reserve Course. His compliance has been easily earned and he's agreed to further experimentation. We've scheduled him for several consultations. Once the final procedure is underway, he'll be listed as expelled in student records. Arrangements have already been completed, and the lab has been set up beneath the second Main Course building. 

  "Look." Sonia stopped you, holding another paper. You took it, finding it was another printed email. You did tell Hinata to quit with relationships, right? He just appeared in the news with (y/n). Just a little paparazzi, granted, but it's still bad. It's hard enough with him appearing in the Main Course exams. He can't get any more attention before he goes missing. 

  Reply: Yes, I told him. The horny teenager can't seem to keep to himself. I'll remind him again, but we might have to confine him until testing can begin. 

  Reply: That's fine. There should be a room in the lab if necessary.

  "Unbelievable." You gripped the paper. "Did they take him?"

  "They could have." Sonia nodded, having already read the document. "From what I'm learning, these people have no hearts."

  "You're right. I have to find him."

  "Where? Beneath the building?" 

  "If that's where he is, then yes." You sighed. "I'll go alone. You guys can stay here, if you want."

  "No," Peko said. "I'm required to keep you safe. I'll come with." Peko's sternness was always difficult to combat. 

  "I'll stay. I'll clean up this room and take what's necessary. Good luck, you two."

  "Thanks, Sonia." You waved to her, then left the room with Peko.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

38K 1K 20
Cover Credit To: Kxxxaiy on Twitter. A completely average girl and a boy with no talent, were either of them ever meant to be on Jabberwock Island? ...
17 1 1
An after-story of the Danganronpa 3 Hope Arc. After returning to Tokyo when the Tragedy ended, the Hope Peak Academy's 77th class vowed to help rebui...
191K 6.8K 40
Warning: Huge spoilers and embarrassing grammar errors Disclaimer: At some point, it will be able to be read as gender neutral with few hints that ma...
8.8K 520 45
Hajime Hinata wasn't expecting much when he won the lottery to attend Hope's Peak Academy. The only reason he applied was so he could guarantee schol...