His Other Half

By DamnGina

I opened the door only to see dozens of police cars in front of the house and that terrifying black truck. I... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Voting Closed!!!
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty -seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-Five

Fifty-seven

1K 74 15
By DamnGina

Ares

I looked down as our people slowly filed in dressed head to toe in their best pieces. I sighed before looking up at the sky. There was something in the air that I couldn't quite place but my body was buzzing. It could just be nerves but with everything going on, I knew it meant something more.

"Ares?" I heard the soft voice of my mother calling. I turned walking back into the bedroom to see her hesitantly standing. "Yes?" I questioned. She looked up at me with a softness in her eyes I only saw when she looked at my brothers. "I've tried to call you—," "I've been busy." I interrupted as I slipped on my shirt. "I know but I have something I want to say." She said. "Now. Can this wait?" I asked. "No, it can't." She bit out.

I turned and looked at her as I buttoned my shirt. "I'm sorry." She said. I tensed as I looked at her. "What are you—," "I'm so sorry. I wish I could go back and change everything. I wish I would've been better to you." She said. "Why are you telling me this?" I questioned. "You may not believe it, but I want a relationship with you. I want to know my son and I know I don't deserve it, but you have to understand—," She paused.

"Understand what? That you didn't want me for most of my life." I asked. "I'm not saying the way I behaved wasn't awful. It was and I will spend the rest of my life trying to make amends for it. But please understand that I thought I lost my child. I grieved that loss for so long." She paused.

"You and your brother were my first, so when I found out I was pregnant with twins I was overjoyed." She said with a smile as if remembering that exact feeling. "But with that much joy came unbelievable pain at that loss. It almost broke me, I felt like a piece of me had been stolen." She said as tears filled her eyes. "I thought you hated me," I said. "You were never as affectionate with me as you were with Malik or even Dominic. None of you were." I explained.

She shook her head. "I know that. I was led to believe that because Malik had two demons one of which so much more powerful—I assumed you were the cause of my baby's death." She said looking down. Part of me could understand a mother being as emotional as she was, but another part of me didn't want to understand. I was a child—not an ordinary child—but a child nonetheless. I didn't deserve to be treated the way I was. A feeling I couldn't describe consumed my body. I turned from my mother feeling a subtle pain radiate across my chest.

"I'm sorry to bring this up now but you haven't been answering my calls. You don't have to believe me, but I wanted you to know I want to work on our relationship in whatever capacity you will allow. You are my son and I truly want to be a part of your life, but I'll accept whatever decision you make." She said. "Are you almost re—," I heard Malik's voice before he cut off.

I wiped my hand through my hair before turning to them both. "Everything okay?" He asked looking from me to our mother. I looked at my mother before speaking. "Thank you for your words. I'll think about it," I said with a nod of my head. She gave me a small smile that caused her eyes to light up. She grabbed my hand squeezing it. "I should go finish getting ready, but we can talk more later, yeah?" She asked. I nodded my head.

Once she was gone, I turned to my brother seeing him with a big smile on his face. I rolled my eyes. "I—," "Don't," I said with a sigh. "But I—," "No," I said. "All I was going to say is I'm glad to see you're trying to work things out with her." He said. I looked at him before nodding my head. "They grow up so fast." He said pinching my cheek as he laughed. I pushed his hand away laughing as well. "Shut up," I said.

"But I came to see if you were ready, yet but I guess not." He said. I cleared my throat but stayed quiet as I continued to get dressed. The silence grew between us until I heard Pablo's voice speak. "It's okay to be nervous." He said. I turned seeing him pour a glass of dark liquor. "I'm not," I said causing him to snort in response. "Did you forget we shared a body for centuries?" He questioned. "I just wish Ahsha were here," Was all I said. "I know, me too." He added as I tried to tie my tie. "Here," Pablo called motioning me over. "What if they don't accept me?" I finally asked. "They will." He countered.

"You don't know that," I said. "Of course, there will be some people who won't like you, but I truly believe the majority of our people will. I honestly think they'll be more worried about Ahsha's absence given the lengths we had to go through to scrub that video." He explained. "Plus look on the bright side. Just imagine how pissed Mira will be." Pablo said smiling. A smile spread across my face before I laughed. "You have a point," I said. "Good now let's get this over with." He said as his red eyes shifted back to green. "Are you two ready to go?" Imam asked appearing in the doorway. "Yes." We both said.

Omniscient

Ahsha and Isaac looked down at everyone as Imam spoke. "Look at them all smiling," Isaac whispered as his gaze scanned the crowd. Ahsha stepped closer to the balcony, her eyes danced over everyone until they landed on the Ahmad family. Jericho, Tyla, Cairo, Veronica, and alexander all dressed head to toe in their finest on the right side.

While to the left she saw Rafi, Emilia, their parents as well as Mira. Mira stared up at her husband with a smile as he spoke. It was clear to anyone who looked at her that she was in love with him, even after everything that's happened.

"There's you mate," Ahsha announced. Isaac's eyes were already on her. Ahsha watched as his eyes fluttered between their natural color and a fiery yellow. A pleased hum left his lips as he watched Veronica fidget under his gaze. She looked on quietly as light flames danced around him the longer, he stared.

"Relax, she's not going anywhere" Ahsha dragged as smirked pulled on her lips. Isaac cleared his throat before mugging his sister. "Shut up. I want to see how much restraint you have when you see your mates." He said.

Ahsha smiled at his comment before Imam's words registered. "Please join me in welcoming King Malik," Imam said. Ahsha's attention turned to the steps as the light landed on him. Malik stood there for a moment before making his descent down the stairs. Isaac looked at his sister seeing a hungry look overtake her face.

He looked at her grip on the banister hearing the wood strain in her grip. "Relax, he's not going anywhere," Isaac mimicked his sister's words. Ahsha turned giving him an unamused look making him laugh. Once Malik reached Imam the two men shared a brief hug before Malik turned to his people. He waited for the clapping to die down before he spoke. "Thank you all for joining us here tonight. I want to personally tell each of you that your patience and understanding during this process has not gone unnoticed." Malik said.

"I know in the past there has been a bit of distrust between my family and all of you. I want to change that. I want you all to know that I do not take this position lightly." Malik said. The audience stared on surprised yet happy that their concerns were finally being addressed. "One of the reasons this transition of power has been different compared to past ones is because recently I found out I have a twin." He said causing the ballroom to erupt in whispers and mumbles.

A smile graced Ahsha's lips as she listened to Malik speak. She looked at Mira seeing her jaw clenched tight as her eyes burned with rage. "There are a number of excuses I could give as to why this happened but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that it is time for my brother to reclaim what has always been his? I know some of you may be worried about the complications that can arise from having twin heirs—," Malik paused scanning the floor.

"But my brother and I have decided that we will be sharing the title of King—," "Your highness?" A man called coming forward. "Yes?" Malik said. "Has your brother found his mate?" The man said.  Another man spoke. "The law states—," "I know what the law states. Fate has decided that Princess Ahsha will be both our mates and regardless of what the law may say the three of us will rule together." Malik explained.

He looked around seeing an array of mixed emotions on everyone's faces. Quiet chatter picked up once again at this new information. "Where is Princess Ahsha?" A voice called out. "She is with our son. She just isn't ready to leave him just yet." Malik joked confidently hoping no one would question it further. "However, with all that being said please welcome my brother, Ares," Malik announced as everyone's gaze turned to the stairs.

Everyone's attention turned to Ares as he stood at the top of the stairs. Ahsha watched intently as he made his way down the stairs taking his time before he reached Malik. Although they weren't identical twins their smiles mimicked each other beautifully. Isaac glanced at Ahsha seeing her lips move but no sound came out. He turned back to Malik and Ares seeing them both look at each other before scanning the room desperately.

Malik

"However, with all that being said please welcome my brother, Ares," I called out before turning to look up at Ares. Thankfully the ballroom filled with loud applause as he made his way down the stairs. Ares finally reached me before we turned to the crowd. 'Mine.' I heard a soft voice whisper. Ares and I looked at each other and I knew he heard it too. 'Ahsha.' Pablo hummed breathlessly. He had been on edge all day and it only intensified at hearing her voice. I tried to keep my composure as I scanned the sea of people.

"Hey, you two, okay?" our grandfather asked. I cleared my throat. "Yeah, we're good, right Ares?" I asked. He looked at me before clenching his jaw and nodding his head. "Would you like to say anything?" I asked Ares.

He looked at me before grabbing the mic. "Thank you all for being here. I appreciate it." Was all he said. The crowd laughed at how few words he spoke, and I couldn't help but laugh as well. Ares smirked before handing me the mic back.

==

After making our way around the room speaking to just about everyone present, I could tell Ares needed a break. "See that wasn't so bad?" I said. He looked at me before I laughed. "Yes, it was." He said. "I can see that I underestimated you both," Mira said standing behind us. We turned around and there she was.

"But that is might fault. You are my clever grandsons after all." She added an amused smile dancing on her lips. "Something funny?" Ares asked. "To trade your mate for some power. I have to say I am impressed," She laughed. "Are you crazy?" I snapped. "I knew you were awful—," She said pointing at Ares. "But you—you traded your mate for him." She shook her head smiling.

"She's better off." She said bluntly. Ares took a step towards her but I grabbed his arm stopping him went. "She's baiting you, don't do it," I told him. As much as I wanted to follow Ares's lead we couldn't touch her with all these people around. I rolled my shoulders back trying to calm the heat that coursed through me. I was quickly reaching my limit the longer the night pressed on.

"Hmm, in any case, you'll never be king. I won't allow it." She said drawing my attention once again. "And if you keep this disobedient behavior up, I might just get angry." She said looking from Ares to me. "Are we supposed to be scared?" I questioned. Before she could answer Ares spoke.

"Why do you even care at this point?" he asked her. "Excuse me?" She questioned. "Why do you care? You got to keep your powers. You've lost nothing in all of this, so why are you still trying to hurt us—hurt me?" He asked. I turned back to my grandmother and for the first time since everything came to light, she was rendered silent.

"You don't have a reason anymore, do you?" I asked. She stood silent for a moment. "Because—," She paused stopping herself. "No, go on. I'm sure what you have to say will not disappoint." Ares said. "Because you are your grandfather's favorite, and he should feel what I felt. If he can't love me as his wife then he doesn't deserve a moment of happiness." She said bitterly. I stared at her stunned. Ares huffed with a chuckle. "You truly are a selfish bitter woman." He said.

"If I am it's because he made me that way." She snapped. "So because you can't be happy you take your anger out on your grandsons?" I asked. "I didn't want it to be this way. All Imam had to do was love me. And all you had to do was accept things for what they were, and you'd have your mate, child, and crown." She said.

"Be honest with yourself and us. Did you ever, even if it was just for a fleeting moment, regret all the damage you've caused? I don't mean about how it would affect you, either. I mean did you think about us at all." Ares questioned.

"Because I mean I could understand your reasoning if you had gone after grandfather directly, but you didn't. You didn't even get any real gain from all the stuff you've pulled. So, I have to ask what type of mental hoops did you have to jump through to be able to justify everything you've done? Because I just don't understand?" Ares finished.

She stood silent. Ares sighed shaking his head. "Pathetic." He said walking off.

Omniscient

Ares walked out of the room and turned onto the main hallway that led back to the party. "Hey!" Ares turned seeing Malik walking towards him. "Are you okay?" He asked. "The next time I see her there will be no holding back," Ares said. "Ares—," "I mean it." He said. Malik hummed but didn't speak again.

Ares glanced over his brother's shoulder before tensing. He saw a woman dressed in red past the connecting hall. "What?" Malik asked turning following his gaze. "I saw a woman," Ares explained. "A woman? No one other than family is supposed to be back here." His brother said as her walk in the direction Ares saw the woman go.

As the two rounded the corner they had just missed the tail end of her dress as she turned down the hall where Nasir and his guards would be. "Hey!" Malik yelled. The two men rushed down the hall to Nasir's room. Standing in front of the door were two guards they ordered to stay at the door. As they walked closer surprise overtook their faces.

Their guards stood there with their eyes completely white. "What happened?" Ares asked the men, but they stood silent unmoving. "It's like they're frozen," Ares said. Malik remembered seeing eyes like this when Ahsha and Isaac saw their dad. Malik opened the door with Ares right behind him. The two men stared wide eye. Standing in front of them was the woman with her back to them holding Nasir's sleeping form.

She slowly turned still looking down at Nasir. She smiled before she looked up meeting their eyes. "Ahsha," Malik whispered before an unbearable pain shot through his chest. He dropped to his knees clutching his chest as he wheezed. Ares leaned against a nearby dresser for support as he winced in at the increasing headache he was feeling.

"Hello, my loves." She spoke soothingly. Her words provided both men with a small amount of relief. A light sheen of sweat covered their bodies as they felt their hearts begin to race. "What's happening?" Malik croaked out. Ahsha's eyes went back to her son. She sighed softly kissing his forehead before placing him back in his crib. She turned to her mates looking at both of them.

She crouched down to Malik's level making him look at her and she smiled. His eyes were beginning to form a thin golden ring in them. She caressed his cheek as his eyes searched hers. Ahsha leaned in kissing his forehead. "It's okay, go to sleep." She said watching as he fought to keep his eyes open. "I'll be here when you wake up." Malik heard her say as her voice began to melt and fade out.

Ahsha gently laid Malik down before she looked to Ares who was trying to fight what was about to happen. "What is happening to us?" he snapped. Ahsha stared at him amused at his agitation. Ares staggered towards her almost falling on top of her. "What is happening?" He asked as she lowered him to the ground. "I'm protecting you." She finally said. "Go to sleep and when you wake up, you'll understand." She added.

He clung to her hand as she sat between him and his brother. "I promise I'll be here when you both wake up." She said seeing the worry in his eyes. She leaned down kissing his forehead just as she did Malik's.

==

Ahsha stood looking at her sleeping mates as Isaac walked in carrying Veronica's sleeping body. He laid her down next to Ares before standing next to his sister. "Hmm, Dalia and Taj are making their entrance now," Isaac said. "Hmm, we should go join them. Can't let them have all the fun." Ahsha said turning to her brother who was already smiling. He held his arms up for her to grab before they walk out of the room.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

567K 22.9K 69
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...
1.4M 117K 58
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
1.4M 80K 81
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
798K 38.2K 26
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...