Friends with the Football Team

By Just_peachy21

Book 1 in the "Friends with the" series Being the only girl in a male family is a little harder than it seem... More

Character aesthetics
1~ Greenhill
2~ Football Boys
3~ Sleepover
4~ Dinner with the Erickson's
5~ Football Practice
7~ Kenzie's Crush
8~ Snow Cones
9~ Mad Woman
10~ Pool Day
11~ The Great War
12~ Summer Game
13~ New Friend
14~ BaByQ
15~ Parent's Night Out
16~ Stargazing
17~ Never Been Kissed
18~ Road Trip
19~ Beach Day
20~ Last Day
21~ Dancing in the Rain
22~ Happy Birthday Snowflake
23~ Good in Red
24~ Love at First Bark
25~ Surprise
26~ Laser tag
27~ School Shopping
28~ Drive In
29~ First Day of School
30~ Deep Talks
31~ #1 in My Heart
32~ The Fight
33~ The End
Bonus Chapter~ Date Night
Friends with the Frat!
10k!

6~ Pickles

10.4K 138 25
By Just_peachy21

Will dropped me off at my house because the boys left without me and I didn't want to wait on Dad to get out of his office. I noticed the boys cars were still gone, which meant they most likely went to get food. I hoped they bring me back something.

"Thank you Will" I smiled as him and got out of his truck.

"It's not problem Cora really. I'll see you later though, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm pretty sure all the boys are coming. I invited Remi over too, but she won't be here until after her shift"

"Gotcha" He smiled. "Bye Cora"

"Bye" I gave him a small wave and walked up to my front door.

I immediately went upstairs and got into the shower, washing off the sweat and grime as well as the stress of the day. I stayed in the shower until the water ran cold.

Ha, looks like the boys will have cold showers, sucks to be them.

I dried off my body and changed into a fresh pair of clothes. I threw my hair up into my towel and headed downstairs. I could smell the fast food from downstairs.

I walked down stairs to see five more bodies than normal. "I didn't know you guys were here already" I said.

"Wow Coco, you and Daniels today" Nick said. The boys started calling me Coco since my brothers do it. They know it annoys me so naturally they have to do it.

All the other boys joined in and told me how much he deserved it and that it was a good punch.

I laughed at the boys as they crowded around me.

"Lesson number one, Don't make my sister mad" Carter said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I shrugged. "He deserved it"

"We know, he's the biggest dick on the team. He thinks he owns people and girls. It's honestly disgusting. I'm glad you put him in his place" Darren explained.

I jumped up on the counter and smiled. "Glad to be of service" I did a fake bow. "Did you get me a burger?" I asked Connor.

He pointed to the bag on the counter and I took it.

"Pickles?" I asked worriedly.

"No, we ordered it without." He answered.

I took a few bites and swallowed. My throat started itching after a few seconds and I could feel it starting to swell. I ripped open my burger to see a half eaten pickle and two other ones.

"Connor?" I said and showed him my burger.

I could feel my throat closing up and it got harder to breathe.

"Oh shit!" Carter yelled and the three of them boys looked around frantically for the EpiPens.

"Shit, shit, shit" Connor mumbled, they ransacked the drawers in the kitchen, while I'm sitting here dying.

"What's going on?" Will asked worriedly.

He had a worried look on his face as he walked up to me. His hands were on either side of my legs. My breathing had become really rugged. The boys around had confused and worried faces.

"She's having an allergic reaction and we can't find the EpiPens" Carter yelled.

"Found it!" Cooper yelled and threw it at Will. "Stab her in the leg with it"

Will took the cap off and stabbed me in the leg.

It took a few minutes but my breathing was back to normal. I glared at the boys for ordering me a burger with pickles on it.

"You three could've killed me!" I yelled.

"Sorry Coco we told them no pickles. We had no idea" Connor apologized.

I sighed and looked at the three of them. They all had scared and relieved looks on their faces. They could've lost me and they would've blamed themselves. "It's okay, it wasn't your fault."

After they were completely sure that I was okay, I practically forced them to hang out with their friends. I turned to Will who was looking into my eyes with worry.

"Are you sure you're okay, Cora?" He asked seriously.

I nodded silently. "I promise" I whispered.

"How many times am I going to have to take care of you in one day, Barnes?"

I shrugged. "As many times as I let you, Erickson." His perfect smiled spread across his face.

"That's better" I poked his dimples.

"What do you like when I smile?"

I shrugged and said nonchalantly, "You have a nice smile and you were far too worried before"

He looked at me like I grew three heads or something. "You almost just died, I think I have a right to be worried about you, Cora."

I groaned and threw my head back. "Don't call me that."

"Call you what? Cora? I hate to break to break it to you, but that was the name that was given to you." He laughed. "What do you want me to call you?"

"I don't know just not Coco. It's a family thing and you haven't earned that right, at least not yet."

"Okay" He pondered for a second. "I'll have to think about it but I will find another nickname."

"Will!" The boys called and Will turned to them. "Tell Coop that the stealers won the superbowl in '06 not the seahawks"

Will walked into the living room and began arguing with the boys.

Through all the commotion I could hardly hear the doorbell ring. I opened the door to see my best friend.

"Rem!" I squealed and hugged her.

"What did I miss?" She asked.

"I almost died, but it's okay we had an EpiPen." She gave me a confused and concerned look. "I'm severely allergic to pickles and the stupid burger place put pickles on my burger and I didn't realize until too late" I explained.

All the boys watched as Remi walked into the house. They were practically drooling over her. My redheaded best friend was hot as hell and definitely worth too much for these guys. These guys are mainly dicks, from what I've seen of them so far, except for maybe Darren, he seems like the sweetest guy. She has Bryce so it really didn't matter.

"Sorry guys I'm out of your league" She smiled and waved before she looked at me. With that one look we both busted into laughter.

For the rest of the night, the boys fought a lot. There was a lot of wrestling and arguing. Remi and I had the time of our lives and for that I was glad.

***

Everyone went home except for Will and Remi. We sat around the fire in the backyard. Will and I sat on a bench and Carter and Remi on another and Cooper and Connor on the last one.

"Ah I will forever love summer nights like these" I sat back with a smile. I heard the crackling of the fire and you could actually see the stars. In Dallas, you could hardly see any due to light pollution, but out here they were visible for anyone to see.

"I agree with you there, Marshmallow" Will said.

I gave him a confused look. "Marshmallow?"

"You said you didn't want me to call you Cora or Coco, so Marshmallow it is. It goes with Coco and I think it's cute"

I thought over it for a second. It had a nice ring to it, especially when Will said it. "Yeah I like it"

"I'm glad, but even if you didn't I probably would've still called you it." He laughed and I playfully elbowed him in the side.

I looked around and everyone was enjoying themselves. Cooper and Connor were in yet another argument about football. Remi and Carter were talking about star constellations.

"So what really happened with Daniels?" He asked. "I doubt he just called you a stuck up bitch."

I looked at my hands. "Well he did add a little bit more to the conversation. He called me a turn off because I was strong and better than him in all the things we were doing. That's exactly how my last relationship ended and I guess he just reminded me of my ex and he did imply that I need my brothers to fight my battles for me."

"What happened with your last relationship?" He wondered.

"Well I was on the girls soccer team freshman year and he was on the boys, he was a sophomore. Sometimes our coach's would combine practices and we would all go up against each other. We got put against each other and I won. He was pissed and called me a turnoff and broke up with me. It was my first relationship and I was devastated. It was his mistake to join football the next year though." I laughed.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. That guy was a dick."

"Yeah but it was my freshman year and I couldn't see the guy was an absolute douche." I shrugged. It happened so long ago. I've grown so much since then.

"Yeah well it happens to the best of us" He shrugged. "I'll admit that I don't have the best track record of relationships either."

I fake gasped quietly. "Was the William Erickson, star football player and all around good guy, a player?" I asked dramatically and put my hand over my heart.

He shrugged going along with my joke. "Nah, I'm just joking. I've only had a couple but the last one is what makes my record not the best."

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"That's a story for another time"

We played board games for hours. It was past eleven and Will and Remi decided to spend the night. They didn't have anything to do tomorrow and their parents were both okay with it.

"Okay, I think me and Remi are hitting the hay. See you losers tomorrow." I said as I started to walk inside and stopped when I remembered something. "Oh and if any of you try to prank us or something you won't be able to reproduce after tomorrow." I gave them a sweet smile before heading up to my room with Remi.

"So my bestie is badass" Remi laughed as she reached.

"Hell yeah I am" I smirked. "I really don't want to put up with their shit tonight so I threatened them." I shrugged with a small smile.

We both got ready for bed. I let her borrow some clothes and an extra toothbrush I had lying around.
***
"Good morning all" I grumbled as I was met with the smiling faces of my brothers, Will, and Dad.

"Where's Remi?" Dad asked.

I pointed up to my room. "Sleeping. P.S. that girl is a monster in her sleep. She wouldn't wake up even in an earthquake." I shook my head at my best friend.

"Morning dad" I kissed his cheek and took my seat to eat with everyone.

Dad made eggs, bacon and toast. It smelled delicious.

We talked for the majority of breakfast. We learned new things about Will and even his family. It was a good time.

Towards the end of breakfast Remi came marching down the stairs.

"Morning sleepy head." I teased as she sat right next to me.

She growled in correspondence.

"Okay kiddos I've got to run some errands, so I hope you have a nice day. I'll see you at dinner. Connor it's your night to cook so just text me what your making and I'll run by the store."

Connor nodded as he stuffed bacon in his mouth.

"Boys don't ruin my house. Cora please keep an eye on the boys, you're in charge. And don't forget to do the dishes"

The three all shouted in protest.

"But I'm the oldest and most responsible" Connor argued.

We all gave him a knowing look.

"The oldest" he corrected himself. He looked around at all of us. "Ugh fine" he sighed in defeat.

Will and Rem watched the whole exchange with amusement evident on their faces.

Dad patted around himself, looking for his keys.

"On the hook" I reminded him.

"Yes right. This is why you're my favorite" he kissed my head and grabbed his keys off the hook by the door.

"I love you all, yes even you Will and Rem" he called as he left the house and locked the door.

"Did he just-" Remi started.

"Admit Coco was his favorite?" Carter finished for her.

"Yes yes he did." Connor answered.

Coop slung an arm around me. "Don't worry, we all know it" he smiled goofily.

I shoved his arm off of me and grabbed a Remi's hand. "We're taking the loft, have fun doing the dishes losers"

I threw up a peace sign with my free hand before I dragged Remi to the loft.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 49.5K 31
Ella never expected to steal the spotlight when she joined her famous brother's band on tour - or for Max, her childhood crush, to finally see her as...
47.4K 623 38
Book 2 in the "Friends with the" series After a summer of fun with Will, Cora has to go back to her small town in Texas. She is bummed about her new...
267 18 16
Katelyn has been in and out of the foster system since her mother died when she was young. After her father gets put in jail again, she gets sent to...
367K 9.7K 25
This story can be read as a stand-alone but it's recommended to read My Brothers best friend to understand as this is a continuation of that story. H...