All of us are dead | Gyeong-s...

By Icyyhot

The zombie apocalypse. Always seen in shows and books. Who would expect it to happen in real life? Will anyon... More

Ch.2 Classroom
Ch.3 Rope
Ch.4 Close call
Ch.5 Bitten
Ch.6 Separated
Ch.7 Gwi-nam
Ch.8 Music room
Ch.9 The roof
Ch.10 Thunderstorm
Ch.11 Saved

Ch.1 Normal day?

16.4K 268 890
By Icyyhot

~Y/n pov~

"So the restaurant moved? How about a grand opening?" Gyeong-su asked.

"But we're not doing one." Cheong-san huffed as his phone went off and he frowned when he saw the messages, "Seriously? I told them to change the name."

I came up behind them and wrapped my arm around Gyeong-su's shoulders.

He jumped, "You scared me!"

I laughed as he pouted.

"They're not having an opening." He motioned towards Cheong-san.

"Yeah, I heard."

"My mum's the worst." Cheong-san grumbled.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted when On-jo ran into Cheong-san and made him drop his phone.

"Damn, my phone." Cheong-san scrambled to pick it up and gave On-jo an annoyed glare.

"You can't run away. Hey, gopher. Let's get some chicken." On-jo handed him her bag.

Her friend I-sak was stood beside her.

"But we're not open yet." Cheong-san retorted.

"Sure you are."

"Your mum said she's testing out a new recipe."

Gyeong-su turned to Cheong-san and smacked his arm.

Cheong-san sighed, "We're not open today."

~*~

We sat around the table as Cheong-san's mum placed chicken on the table.

Everyone thanked her and started eating.

I watched as the girls laughed at each other. This was awkward.

"Mum, if you wanna change names, you should start with the restaurant." Cheong-san brought up, "Why are you using my name?"

I grabbed a piece of chicken and shoved it into my mouth as I watched.

"I named it Cheong-san Chicken way before you were born."

"Exactly. You named me after the restaurant." Cheong-san whined.

"Look, so this is a new recipe we just came up with. So this one is a little spicy and this one's really hot." Cheong-san's mum explained the she pointed to the dishes, "What do you think?"

She smiled nervously as she watched us eat.

"It's salty.. but I like it." On-jo stated.

"Yeah..." She sighed.

I took a bite and realised she was right. Though it was only a bit salty.

I'd had a lot of experience cooking because I lived with my dad and he was always busy working.

The first few times I experimented I got salty chicken.

I waved Cheong-san's mother over and she came over with a questioning look.

"She's right. It is a little salty but if you're trying to make it spicy you could make changes like...." I rambled on about the best way to make it and the best ingredients, "You have to get the right balance so it does take a little bit of experimenting."

She smiled, "You seem to know a lot about cooking. Thanks I'll try that next time."

I smiled back, though the smile didn't quite reach my eyes, "Yeah..."

On-jo let earring the chicken despite the fact that it was salty.

"Stop eating... it's salty." Cheong-san told her.

I ate a bit more chicken so I would be full and wouldn't have to cook tonight.

"I should go now. We have school tomorrow." I stated as I got up.

On-jo and her friend pretty much ignored me.

Cheong-san offered me a smile, "Bye."

On-jo rolled her eyes.

I raised an eyebrow at her but didn't say anything.

Gyeong-su stood up as well, "I'll walk you home."

~*~

"I can't believe you rambled on about chicken for so long." Gyeong-su laughed.

I huffed, "I just wanted to be helpful. I've had a lot of experience cooking."

There was a distant look in my eyes.

"Yeah..." Gyeong-su stepped closer and wrapped his arm around my waist.

We walked in a comfortable silence for a few moments.

"Why does On-jo hate me?" I pondered aloud.

"Your friend's with Cheong-san."

"Yeah.. only friends." I sighed.

I looked up as we approached my house.

"Want me to stay the night?" Gyeong-su asked, knowing I'd be all alone.

I nodded silently and grabbed his hand, pulling his through the front door.

We both kicked our shoes off and then I locked the door.

Gyeong-su glanced at the clock, "We have a few hours to kill before sleeping. Want to watch a movie?"

"Yeah. You can choose." I told him as I went towards the kitchen to get snacks.

He headed into the living room to set the movie up.

~*~

By the end of the movie, I was almost asleep.

We were cuddling on the sofa.

Gyeong-su's arms tightened around me for a moment as he gazed down at my sleepy face, "Tired?"

I nodded and rested my head against his collar bone.

He pressed a kiss against my forehead and lifted me up, carrying me upstairs.

We both got changed in the bathroom and then crawled into bed.

"Night. I love you." Gyeong-su whispered.

"Love you too." I whispered before succumbing to sleep.

~*~

It was another normal day at school... or so I thought.

"Guys. Take your seats." The teacher told us as she walked into the classroom.

I sat in my seat behind On-jo and her friend.

They whispered to each other and then glanced back to see if I heard.

I looked out the window and pretended like I couldn't hear every word they said.

"Time to hand in your phones." Ms Park told us as we all got up and placed our phones in the box.

"Who's in touch with Hyeon-ju?" Ms Park asked.

No one responded.

She had been missing since yesterday but I didn't think it was a big deal.

She was probably skipping.

I'm sure Hyeon-ju would be back tomorrow, right?

"Nobody?"

"Um, we cleaned the science lab together yesterday, but I haven't seen her since."

"If anyone hears from her please tell me." Ms Park told us before starting the lesson.

~*~

I half listened and half daydreamed, occasionally writing down notes.

As long as I had notes I could go over it later.

Ms Park looked around for people not paying attention.

Nam-ra answered the question she asked and then Ms Park asked another student to answer.

Everyone laughed when he didn't know the answer.

~*~

I remembered the science lesson we had yesterday.

Our teacher had been weird ever since his son died.

It must've been hard on him.

He didn't seem like a very good person though.

I watched as some bully wrote something on a girl's shirt and pulled her hair.

The teacher saw everything but completely ignored it.

~*~

I sighed and payed attention to Ms Park again.

The door suddenly opened and Hyeon-ju stumbled in.

My eyes widened once I noticed her bloody state.

I stood up and rushed towards her.

I didn't like her all that much but she was bleeding so of course I'd help her.

She collapsed to the ground.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Ms Park asked in a panicked voice.

"He grabbed me.." she talked slowly and seemed delirious, "The science teacher grabbed me and locked me up."

"He locked you up?" Ms Park asked.

"He tied me up..."

"Let's go to the infirmary, okay?" Ms Park turned to the rest of us, "No one say anything to anyone else until I get to the bottom of this."

A boy lifted Hyeon-ju up and carried her to the infirmary. A few of us followed.

~*~

We got her on the bed and she started thrashing around and making growling noises.

A few students backed away and she started to try and get out of the bed.

I grabbed her and held her down in the place of someone else as they backed away in fear.

The noises she was making didn't sound human.

What the hell was going on?

I recalled as the science teacher taught us about viruses yesterday.

She started snapping her jaw and her bones cracked.

She bit my arm which made me quickly pull away.

No one had noticed.

What the fuck is going on?

Her eyes were red and she didn't seem like she was there in the head.

I backed away and quickly disinfected and bandaged up the wound while everyone else held her down and the nurse tried to inject her.

I looked at the slightly messy bandages on my wrist before pulling down my sleeve and covering it.

I watched as people avoided her when they noticed she started biting.

I was unlucky.

We hadn't anticipated that.

Luckily the bite wound wasn't too deep.

I noticed the nurse had also got bitten but no one else seemed to notice.

The ambulance arrived and they quickly brought Hyeon-ju outside.

No one was in the hallway.

I stood outside the nurse's office and watched as her body started to twitch just like Hyeon-ju.

My breath hitched as she seemed to transform.

She was snapping her jaw and making growling noises.

Her body was kinda slumped as she grabbed her feet.

Her back was facing me.

The way she was acting... was almost like a zombie.

But zombies aren't real... right?

But if they were... I hadn't transformed at all. Even though I'd been bitten before the nurse.

I noticed On-jo walking down the corridor with a few others who had seen Hyeon-ju off.

I turned and scrambled up the stairs before they saw me.

Hands grabbed my shoulders as I almost ran into someone.

"Woah... are you okay?" Gyeong-su stared at me with concern.

"Yeah.. I'm fine." I sighed and glanced at On-jo over the railing.

He followed my gaze and nodded in understanding, "I'll get us some drinks and go back to the classroom. Can you get some lunch?"

"Yeah. See you in a minute."

"Don't take too long." Gyeong-su called as he walked away.

I nodded and headed into the classroom to grab my bag.

I noticed not a lot of people were in the classroom anymore.

I guess most of them had headed off to get lunch.

I'm not sure what happened earlier but I'll try to forget about it for now.

As I headed towards the dining room, I noticed the corridors were almost empty.

That's strange. I guess everyone is already in the dining hall.

It was quite busy when I arrived.

When I got to the front of the queue, I just grabbed a few packaged sandwiches and shoved them into my bag.

I was startled when they were a loud banging noise.

Students were banging on the glass of the doors.

They didn't seem human.

They were zombies.

Is this real?

My eyes widened as the glass broke and they all came tumbling in.

Students screamed and ran when they noticed the creatures ripping at other flesh.

It was after a few moments that I noticed the zombies were avoiding me.

I was frozen and didn't move for a few seconds.

A zombie sniffed at me and then walked away.

I glanced down at my wrist.

Because I've been bitten and I didn't turn... does that make me one of them?

So they won't attack.

I observed everyone for a moment as I tried to gain as much information as I could.

Everyone else being bitten is turning... so why didn't I turn?

There has to be a reason.

I decided I should probably go and find Gyeong-su.

He should be in the classroom. I hope he's safe.

I sprinted towards the window, ignoring both zombies and human as I headed towards the window.

I noticed Cheong-san and On-jo also making their way towards the windows.

Hopefully, they'll be fine.

I climbed onto the table and peered out the window.

There are zombies everywhere outside.

At this rate, the whole school will turn into zombies.

The hospital isn't safe either...

This is bad... really bad.

I hesitated for a second before jumping out of the window.

That didn't even hurt.

I sprinted back inside and headed towards the classroom.

Gyeong-su, please be okay.

~*~

________________________________
2031 words

A/n I was watching this show and I had a really good idea so I just had to write a fanfic about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.7K 15
❝ your will to live is way too strong, i'd jump if i had the chance to.❞ When Kang So-Ra ends up stuck in her high school because of a zombie apocaly...
28.4K 766 35
Xreader/various Xreader/wujin What happens when Hyosan High School is grounds zero for a outbreak? Will you a new student survive till the end? Read...
169 7 6
This is NOT a xOC book. This is just an OC insert. Comment if you want an xOC or xReader <33 Also I do not own AOUAD or the story. I only own Nali an...
59.2K 1.7K 31
Lee Su-hyeok x fem reader Choi Nam-ra x male oc „Happy birthday Y/N! Here is your gift. I know it's not expensive, but it is very meaningful to me."...