Nine Months

By BlossomLindsey

'I will break my own heart and use those pieces to fix yours.' Jeon Jungkook, a k-pop idol from the world ren... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 16

1.2K 105 10
By BlossomLindsey

"Ouch!" The elder shrieked.

"Does it hurt so much mom? I think we should get it checked," Haru implored.

"N-No. Who goes to the hospital for a sprain?" She countered.

"Everyone does if it's this awful!"

"No. I don't want to go."

"Why?"

"Just... Ahh..." She faked a cry.

"Okay okay, don't move. Rest eomma. I'll get the relief spray and bandage," she expressed her concern and started to move about the house.

Her mother knavishly smirked but soon hid it under her acting skills when she came back. Haru's forehead creased as she sat in front of her mother.

"Ahh! I prepared this for both of you and Kook left it carelessly. What a waste!" She sighed in dismay, pointing at the lunchbox kept at the table. Did he forgot to take it along? No! She purposefully made it late. Sensing the latent hostility between the couple, she could not but plot for them to end up together.

"Don't worry, I'll ask someone to deliver it to him." She smiled.

"N-No..."

"What? Why?"

"I don't trust the servants here. What if they ate it before it reaches him?"

She laughed at her reasoning, "No they won't eomma. I'll instruct them accordingly."

"You leave, I myself will go," she remarked getting up and then cunningly falling letting out a painful whimper.

"Eomma!" She quickly got up to help her. "Don't worry. I myself will go and give it to him."

"Oh will you?" She asked, her eyes glistening.

"Yeah, now please rest."

"Ahh! What a loving wife!" She dramatically passed and her over acting made Haru laugh a little.

•••

She was accompanied with a driver who dropped her at the BigHit building. This was a place she used to visit a lot earlier. She sighed before getting in and the receptionist greeted her politely.

"Long time no see Mrs Haru," she smiled.

"Yes Miss Cho, I was a bit occupied. Can you tell me where Jungkook is?"

"Oh, they all are in the studio. Mind catching up later?"

"I would love to, thanks," she smiled yet again. She was acquainted to nearly all staff here except some newly hired, so, she had to bow a couple of times on her way towards the studio. She was a little antagonistic but soon she draped it with her exemplary acting skills.

She felt an excruciating pain at the oblivious people. Everyone seems so vivacious. When will I get back on life? When will I ditch this fake smile and genuinely laugh such that it fills my tired soul with warmth?

The rooms there were quiet owing to the soundproof walls. She knocked the door once and was greeted by Namjoon who stood tall and buff.

"Haru? You here?"

She gulped watching him. He was just an acquaintance and him knowing the grave reality of her life made her uncomfortable. She inhaled deeply before smiling and nodding.

"Oh is Haru here?" Taehyung jumped over Namjoon meeting her eyes.

"Did you just forgot about us after your marriage? Last time I met you was at your wedding," he whined like a kid.

"Yes, it has been four months and I see you've got a pretty baby bump," Hoseok chimed.

"I would have hugged you and welcomed you but I fear the double bunny!" Tae chuckled making everyone laugh except Namjoon. She too managed to break her face into a crooked smile.

"Come in," Namjoon insisted and she followed.

Looking around, there was everyone except Jin and Jungkook. Jimin was by the side of the room, sleeping ignorantly, his mouth open and his arms hugging a pillow. Suga was on the producer's chair, headphones on, he never noticed her coming.

She went towards Jimin, slightly holding his chin and pushing it upwards to close it, to which he woke up, startled.

"Aish! I thought it was my turn to record. Wait. What are you doing here? Is Yoona with you?" He looked around like a fool making everyone laugh.

"No. It's just me," she stated.

"Oh what a waste," he sighed dramatically, closing his eyes yet again and ready to drift back to his peaceful slumber.

"Look who is hopelessly in love?" Taehyung giggled, "well, you came here for Kookie?"

Hearing this, Jimin became attentive and stiff, but still resorted to pretend as if he was sleeping.

"Yeah. I came to give him this," she lifted up the box in her hands indicating what she was talking about.

"Hyung, I want to marry too," Taehyung complained, hugging Namjoon by the side.

"He went to the administrative unit with Jin Hyung," Namjoon declared with a sort of caution in his voice.

She nodded once and went outside.

"Wait. I am coming along," Jimin ran behind her.

"So. When are you proposing Yoona unnie?"

"W-what?"

"Oh please. You love her. She loves you. Why aren't you just together?" She complained but his phone rang in between, his face broke into a bright smile seeing the caller id : Yoona. He took his excuse and she sighed at his innocence.

She heard footsteps coming towards her and two familiar voices echoing in the corridors.

"Hyung please," Jungkook pleaded.

"No Jungkook I am not coming with you, it's really very far away," Jin coldly responded.

"So, tell the location."

"It's inside lanes and streets of my old town. It's not even on Google Maps. How am I supposed to tell you?" He complained.

"Then please accompany me. Just this once. Haru really likes that milk powder. Not for me, for her, please," he insisted. The elder sighed before blurting out a forced agreement.

"Thank you Hyung-"

"Oh Haru?" Jin was taken aback by her sudden presence but not as much as Jungkook.

Did she hear it? I hope not. I hope not. Please.

"Annyeonghaseyo Oppa," she bowed with a smile.

He too nodded and went upto her with a pleased smile, she was like a little sister to him. "How are you doing? And how's the little one?"

"We are doing great!"

"Good! I guess you came to meet Jk, I'll proceed then," he blubbered and she nodded again. As he passed by her, the expressions too. Her face became void of any emotion as she glanced at Jungkook.

Jungkook approached her with a bewildered countenance, as if starstruck.

"Eomma sent this," she passed the bento box in his hands and he nodded.

"Thank you," he could not restrain his smile.

"It's ok-"

"Would you like to accompany me?" He asked quite nervously.

"No." Came her simple response as she turned to take her leave.

"Okay then I'll eat later. Let's go together for now," his voice ringed in her ears, she looked back at him and arched a brow in inquisition.

"We need to go to the hospital for the parental visit," he reminded her and it clicked her.

"Okay, you eat, then we will proceed," she remarked.

Did she just cared about me? He felt butterflies in his stomach and cared for.

•••

As they sat on the bench of the huge garden, he opened the bento box. The smell of Samgyeopsal dissipating in air, alluring nearly everyone who passed by. She never liked it so much, but now it seemed so appetizing. Her gaze was fixed at the luch box on the bench, her mouth watering.

He looked upto her and his lips curved into a sweet smile.

"You want some?" He asked and she shook her head in denial. Much expected.

He sighed once before capturing a strip between his chopsticks. Her stare was still on the food, devouring it by the eyes. Instead of eating it, Jungkook brought it near her lips, one hand beneath it, bychance if it falls.

She looked at him and then at the pork strip in front of her mouth. She surrendered to her craving, reluctantly opening her mouth to take in the treat.

He felt happier than he ever had. His smile had the gentle touch, the honesty that is a purity, his childlike innocence so vibrant and free.

And once she ate that bite, there was no going back. He took another strip and she ate it delightedly, the reluctance fading with each bite making his contented smile stretch wide as it could.

•••

(A/N: Who said food cravings were always bad?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 2.9K 32
[COMPLETED] Married to the guy known to be golden. Jungkook and Haeun are secretly married to each other. She hated it but because it was a deal that...
328K 9.1K 30
•@jk.97 accepted your follow request• •@jk.97 started following you• "Um, who?!" -•••- •#25 jungkook (7.27.19) •#7 btsfanfic (6.10.21) •#5 btsfanfic...
44.9K 1K 32
We never thought that we would end up loving each other, no-one did. "You know, you're stuck with me, deal with it." Jungkook said. And yeah, he was...
86.9K 3.9K 28
Park jimin married Kim Taehyung in exchange for saving his mother's life even though Kim Taehyung already had a lover. "I will give you what you want...