Two Weeks to Fall in Love

By katfeatherly

[2022 WATTPAD BOOKS AWARD & WATTY WINNER: GETTING PUBLISHED 2025] There's a boy at Evergreen High that has a... More

Author's Note
1. Two Weeks to Find the Truth
2. Two Weeks to Win the War
3. Two Weeks to Date the Jerk
4. Two Weeks to Ask the Questions
5. Two Weeks to Live in the Strangest World
6. Two Weeks to Pay the Price
7. Two Weeks to Change the World
8. Two Weeks to Set the Trap
9. Two Weeks to Science the Love
10. Two Weeks to See the Stars
11. Two Weeks to Sing the Songs
12. Two Weeks to Draw the Line
13. Two Weeks to Flirt with the Flirt
14. Two Weeks to Build the Relationship
15. Two Weeks to Remember the Moment
16. Two Weeks to Explore the Heart
17. Two Weeks to Tell the Lies
19. Two Weeks to Change the Melody
20. Two Weeks to Accept the Apology
21. Two Weeks to Survive the Dinner
22. Two Weeks to Have the Talk
23. Two Weeks to Help the Debate-mate
24. Two Weeks to Start the Fight
25. Two Weeks to Hear the Story
26. Two Weeks to Like the... Hugs
27. Two Weeks to Join the Party
28. Two Weeks to Meet the Friends
29. Two Weeks to Kiss the Guy
30. Two Weeks to Switch the Headphones
31. Two Weeks to Watch the Movie
32. Two Weeks to Take the Initiative
33. Two Weeks to Learn the Truth
34. Two Weeks to Destroy the Girl
35. Two Weeks to End the Relationship
36. Two Weeks to Fall in Love
E. One Month of Being in Love
B. The Weight of Dreams / Noah POV
B. I'll Be There For You / Noah POV
B. Are You Gonna Be My Girl? / Noah POV
Ex. It's Christmas, I'm in Love

18. Two Weeks to Detox the Boy

26.1K 1.5K 325
By katfeatherly

Nothing felt quite as good as sleeping in on the weekend.

Except the sun didn't seem to share that opinion, as it so rudely kept shining through the hole in my window curtains. A hole that was so perfectly positioned to shine directly into my eyes, that you'd think the foster cat that had made it, did it on purpose. Then again, she did seem to particularly dislike me and cats were too intelligent for our own good.

Sighing, I rolled on my stomach and pressed my face into my pillow before reaching for my phone in resignation. The time showed 10.23, and I knew I'd had at least another 30 minutes before my mom would have come into the room calling me lazy. I loved sleeping in. She hated it, and seemed to think I needed to share that opinion. I didn't.

Jumping out of bed I stretched and picked out a pair of comfy sweats and a shirt, fully determined to spend the rest of the day bonding with the couch. Picking out a new romance book, I made my way downstairs.

By the time I rolled into the kitchen, my mom was already prepping lunch.

"Hey sleepy head, I was just about to come check on you," Mom hummed, frying some minced meat in the pan.

The smell made my stomach growl, a stark reminder that I had skipped dinner last night, even though Noah had offered to have us grab some fast food. I'd spent too much time around him by that point and my mind was spinning with everything I learned so I was quick to refuse.

"Mhm, I'm up," I muttered absent mindedly, hovering around her in the way I knew she hated. "What's for lunch?"

My mom made a shooing gesture with her hand as she went to grab a few spices. "Lasagna. But it's gonna be ready for dinner if you don't get out of my kitchen."

Chuckling, I raised my hands in defeat and took a few steps back. "You got it, chef."

She rolled her eyes at me, a smile on her face and started humming as she stirred. I grabbed a banana and started going to the living room.

"If you have plans with Mel again, remember we have family time with your dad at 5," Mom stopped me before I could slip from the kitchen.

A slight pang of guilt flashed through me. We'd always had a really open relationship, but since I started dating Noah I'd been lying to her. All the time I hung out with him, I told her I was with Melissa. Mainly because I didn't want to explain this whole mess to her.

How do you tell your mom you have a boyfriend but only for two weeks... and make it make sense?

Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen. Thus, my bestie served as the best excuse. As much as Melissa didn't like this whole dating Noah thing from the start, she would always have my back.

I was about to tell Mom that I had no plans today, but then I realized that I couldn't exactly be sure of that. After all, Noah loved to spring random dates on me. A small wave of excitement passed through me as I wondered where we'd go today.

"Don't worry I remember," I said, smiling as I moved to the living room.

Every time Dad went on his business trips, we'd schedule family time over Facetime. We'd still catch up during the week through shorter calls, but on the weekend we'd try to eat dinner together - even when apart. My parents were disgustingly cute sometimes.

I settled onto the couch, turning the TV on in the background but putting it on mute, and flipped open my book. After finishing the first two chapters, instead of focusing on the male love interest, I felt my mind drift, drift, drift... to a particular, not-so-fictional boy.

Where would today's date be? What wild situation would he put us through next? What new things would I learn about him?

Unable to settle down, I reached out for my phone... and realized I'd forgotten it back in my bedroom. Shit.

Tossing the book on the couch I rushed back toward my room.

"Where are you going?" Mom yelled after me and I stopped looking back at her. "I need you to set the table, lunch is almost ready."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be back in a sec, I forgot my phone upstairs," I said, turning back and rushing up the stairs.

I found my phone on the table next to my bed where I had left it last night, and snatched it up instantly. My stomach dropped when I saw that there was no text message. The fact that I had almost been expecting it was the real problem. I had gotten used to it, him taking the initiative, and that wasn't like me. It was time the roles were switched.

I flipped open the screen and typed Good morning.

Then I deleted it. And tried about five more iterations of the phrase before I decided I would just skip the hello altogether. The fact that I was so nervous about texting him first was concerning to say the least. I shook it off, and pressed send.

Sky

Soooo should I expect some random date today

Sky

to like your personal amusement park today or smthing?

Noah

Good morning to you too

Noah

actually the amusement park is closed today 

Sky

wait, you actually have an amusement park???

Noah

no, of course not

Noah

I was kidding

Sky

Oh... haha?

Noah

😂

Noah

And no date today sadly, I'm busy

Noah

Talk later

Sky

Okay

As soon as I sent the message my curiosity started burning through me and almost against my will, my fingers typed out another message.

Sky

Busy with what? 👀

I stared at the message for a few seconds, that felt more like minutes, when the sound of yelling made me jump.

"Skyler! Get your butt down here and help me set the table."

Sighing, I stuffed my phone in my pocket, and went back downstairs.

Seen.

He'd left me on seen.

More than four hours later and there was no reply. Obviously I wasn't going to message him again, but a part of me was burning to do exactly that.

Was he ignoring me?

Just when I'd convinced myself that I had probably been wrong about him and there was a chance that he was a genuinely nice guy. Then again, it's not like he owed me an answer. Whatever, I wasn't going to waste my energy thinking about that.

But, despite deciding that, I seemed to be in a haze for the rest of the day. And Dad definitely caught onto that when I stayed quiet through most of dinner.

"What's wrong, pumpkin?" he asked, moving his face closer to the screen as if he would see me better that way.

"Nothing, I'm just distracted," I said, but by the way Mom's eyebrow rose I knew I wasn't going to get away with just that. "Thinking of an old friend that started talking to me again."

Sorry Jake, you're my random excuse of the day.

"Old friend or something more?" Mom gave me a knowing look while Dad let out a disgruntled noise.

'

"Just a friend, Mom," I said quickly, even though he probably wasn't even that at this point.

"Speaking of old friends," Dad said, clearing his throat, eager to change the subject as soon as it steered into boy territory. "I ran into Dave during a business lunch. Turns out he moved to New York recently for some job."

"Ugh, Dave," My mom rolled her eyes so hard I thought she'd get dizzy. "How is Dave doing?" I wouldn't have touched that question with a stick if I was my dad. It sounded laced with poison.

My dad, being quite the risk taker with his life, just grinned.

"Who's Dave?" I asked.

"Your dad's best friend from college."

"And the only person your mom hated more than she hated me." Dad continued, chuckling to himself.

"I didn't hate you, I just thought you were an idiot." Mom shrugged and Dad narrowed his eyes at her in that playful way that made me want to get away as soon as possible.

"Alrighty, that's my cue to leave. Have a good rest of the night, Dad."

"You too pumpkin, just a few more days and I'll be home."

As soon as I stepped away from the table, I took my phone out.

Still just on seen.

Alright, whatever. I had plans anyway. Plans with Netflix and any rom-com available on their platform. It was time to research.

I was going to study romance and prove to Noah I could be an excellent teacher on love. As soon as I learned more about it.

Two movies later, and my phone was still very much lacking a new text from him.

More than that though, I was becoming frustrated, and doubt was creeping in. 

What was he doing that he couldn't reply? Who was he with? 

Followed by questions like...

Why was I so concerned about this? When had he become such a regular part of my day that this left me so anxious?

I hated it. I hated feeling this way. This annoying anxious feeling in my gut I didn't understand. It showed up, out of nowhere, and claimed residency - refused to move out. No matter how many romance movies I watched, or whatever else I did, my eyes kept checking the screen of my phone, hoping for a message that wasn't coming.

It was after midnight that I realized, with deep rooted horror, Noah Archer had me wrapped around his finger.

This whole time, he'd been leading. I'd been following. Exactly the same as those lovesick girls he dated each week. He'd managed to get me under his weird spell without even realizing it.

And there was no way I was going to let that happen anymore. This was good. Some space from him. Tomorrow, even if he texts back, I won't reply. Two could play this game. It was time I got serious.

This weekend would be my Noah detox, and I'd get my head back in order.

And my heart.

Hi lovelies! ❤️

And the new chapter is here - sadly very Noah-less but don't worry, he'll be back soon. 👀 Hopefully I can have the chapter ready for you super soon as well! I'm very excited about what's coming next guys, like SO MUCH is still gonna happen...

Also I OWE SO MANY COMMENT REPLIES, omg, I will get to them by the end of today! I just wanted to get this chapter up for you so that you don't have to wait but I have some more responsibilities for today so I didn't have time to reply to everyone yet - and by yet I mean during the last like week or two.  That's also why the texts aren't in a pretty visual - it takes time and I'm rushing today. 

I know. I suck. But like I said I AM trying. This chapter wasn't as late as the last one and I hope the next one will be up even sooner. 

Anyhoot, thank you all so so so much for your patience and for sticking by and and this story. I appreciate you all SO much and your comments and votes really push me to finish this story as soon as I can for you all. So thank you for always being my biggest inspiration! ❤️

Much love from me, stay strong and stay safe! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.3K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
3.2M 81K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
136K 10.6K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
77.7K 3.6K 57
Tessa's love life is full of clichés. She fell for the boy next door, her brother's best friend, and her childhood crush. They all just happen to be...