𝐏𝐞𝐜𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐒𝐜𝐒

Por jacqualinereads

π‡πžπ₯π₯ 𝐒𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π’π’π§π§πžπ«π¬, π‡π¨π¦πž 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐑𝐞 πƒπžπ―π’π₯. Valentina Rossi has been throu... Mais

PREFACE
CHARACTERS
FAMILY AND MAFIA TREE
01 | The Search
02 | Missions
03 | One More Time
04 | I'm Sorry
05 | It Hurts Like Hell
06 | Why?
07 | Death
08 | Tell Me What?
09 | Meet The Rossi Family
10 | Welcome To The Family
11 | Russia
12 | Don
13 | Felix
14 | Drunk
15 | No Way
16 | Catch Me Up
17 | Not Judging
18 | Mole
19 | Bang! Bang! Bang!
20 | Blunt
21 | Reunite
22 | Psycho
23 | Trust
24 | All Of You
25 | Fun
26 | Unknown
27 | Pure
28 | Spiralling
29 | Pissed
31 | Proud
32 | It's Been A While
33 | Willow
34 | Big Brother
35 | Next Step
36 | Rowan King
37 | Purgatory
38 | Thalia Andino
39 | Smithereens
40 | Simple
41 | Cheers
42 | Intruders
43 | MarΓ­a Lopez
44 | Stake Out
45 | Bohdi
46 | Mission Impossible
47 | Where Is He?

30 | Selfish

11.5K 464 124
Por jacqualinereads

"Val told me," Mez says next to me, as he helps me pack my bags and weapons. I know Val would tell him about my family, I wanted to tell him but we've all just been so busy preparing for pretty much war at this point.

"Yeah, she found the killers." I sigh, sitting on the end of the bed. I feel my chest tighten just thinking back to the night, the night when my life changed forever.

I don't even know the reason why they were murdered, it mustn't have been good if it involved a man like Carter Lopez. I will get to the bottom of this though, I will not let him get away with this.

"She's going to help you, you know. I wouldn't stress about it too much." Mez sighs, lifting a duffel bag and throwing it over his shoulder.

"I know," I reply, standing up and grabbing another duffel bag and doing the same, "you're talking a lot more around me brother, it's good to hear you." I smile.

He chuckles, opening the door for us, "I'm still getting used to it, I only talk around Val, Levi, Milos, and yourself — so don't feel too special, brother."

"Speaking of brother, how is it knowing you have one now? A half one but a relative no doubt." I ask, following behind him as he leads the way downstairs to meet everyone in the lobby.

He glances at me over his shoulder, "fine, I mean I wouldn't say we'll be braiding each other's hair or telling each other about our crushes anytime soon but he's an alright guy I suppose." He shrugs.

We arrive at the lobby and everyone seems to be already packed with their things, Carlos found us a safe place to live thankfully. It was getting a bit stuffy with all of us sharing rooms.

I watch as all the mafia leaders are talking to their respective people, laying out information on who's going with who and where we will be staying. Talking through safety measures and protocols in case something were to happen, Mez and I have already been debriefed with the rest of the security but we had to pack our bags.

The French and the Russians move out together taking a larger vehicle accompanied by some of their well-trusted men and some of the Italian guards.

I watch Val's uncle Alejandro lead his family out as well, they're taking a lot of vehicles considering how big their family is.

Luciano, Stefano, and Lorenzo are talking to their family members as well and they too start to leave together.

"I will never get used to how big this family truly is." A deep voice says behind me, I turn around and Xavier is standing there with a suitcase next to him. He shakes his head before leaving the lobby not far behind the Italians.

"Have you seen Val?" I ask, looking at Mez who's frowning at Xavier's retreating.

He startles and clears his throat, "yeah, she and Nate went ahead of everyone since they wanted to double-check the dragon's den before we all arrived. You know she's anal about all that, not that I blame her."

"True." I nod, "wait — dragon den?" I question, squinting at him.

He snorts, "that's what Val calls the place we're going, says they even have a moat."

"Fucking hell, the money they have." I whistle.

P E C C A T R I C I

Everyone has finally moved in, everyone made it safely with no issues. Everyone is unpacking their belongings, some are walking around getting a feel for the place. We don't know how long we're all going to be here, I want to be selfish and say forever.

Why? Because it's simple. Everyone I love is under this roof, family, and friends that mean everything to me. I wish we could all stay together, I wish I could always keep them safe constantly. Yet, I know it's not realistic.

We all have our own lives, our mafias, own jobs to get back to after this.

But surely I can't be selfish for a little while.

P E C C A T R I C I

"You still mad at me?" Dom asks, from my door while I unpack my bags. He's leaning on the frame with his arms crossed, a frown adorning his face.

Mr. Grumpy.

"No, I could never be mad at you Dom. Honestly, I was just disappointed that no one told me about Nonno and our father leaving. Anyone could have been hurt, that's all." I shrug, walking to the closest and hanging up my hoodies.

He sighs, unfolding his arms, glaring at the floor, "I know and I understand, trust me I do. I just don't want you to be mad at me, since I'm your favorite brother and all." He looks up, grinning at me.

Squinting my eyes, I purse my lips before chuckling, "definitely my favorite but don't tell the others." I whisper.

He laughs, walking over to me and engulfing me in a hug. He rests his head on top of mine, while I squeeze the life out of him, "just don't die on me." I whisper.

"Never." He whispers back, squeezing me back just as hard.

P E C C A T R I C I

Laying on my bed staring at the ceiling, I take a deep breath and close my eyes humming. I hear the door quietly open before a soft click is heard.

The bed beside me dips, my eyes snap open and Val is looking down at me with a frown on her face, "are you ignoring me?" She asks.

Sighing, I sit up and lean back on the headboard, "honestly Val? Yes, yes I am."

"Why?"

"Because — I don't know, I feel like most of this is my fault. All that's happening because of me and my father are a part of this. I feel partly responsible and with that comes guilt." I timidly explain.

"What?"

"Guilt Valentina, I feel guilt and I can't look you in the eye when I've helped put you in the position."

"What are you talking about?"

"Val, you think you're the only one who has secrets?" I ask, finally looking at her.

"No, everyone has secrets. If you're trying to finally tell me about your secret life then I already know." She casually says.

"You don't under — wait for what? What are you talking about?" I ask, frowning at her confused.

She can't know, no one does. I've hidden this from everyone since I was twelve, but then again this is Valentina we're talking about.

"I remember you, you know —" she sighs, "two years ago, I was sitting on that roof. My finger was on the trigger, Galen Andino was in my scope and I was ready, I had a clean shot then all of sudden something distracted me and I missed. Then I felt pain in my shoulder." She says, her hand unconsciously holding her shoulder.

Fuck, she knows.

Continuar a ler

TambΓ©m vai Gostar

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...