The Rain

By Iexist_congrats

DSMP angst You have been warned A bit of a plot twist I decided should happen around the prison arc. Tell me... More

1
2

3

86 15 55
By Iexist_congrats

It took several hours for Techno to wake up, even after the potion. And days before he could stand on his own properly. But he endured sitting against the wall while he could,  keeping watch as Dream dug. It was then that they finally broke through the obsidian. The water would meet the lava outside and create a cobblestone tunnel that proved fairly easy to mine, but there were problems regarding air. Soon, the tunnel had to go sideways so he could breathe, and that meant there would no longer be water to turn to cobblestone. So, they found themselves at a dead end.

"It's deeper than I thought." Technoblade simply said. Dream was sitting next to him as they both stared at the wall.

"We can't get out without help from outside." Dream replies, defeat ringing in his voice.

"Could you use the book? If I died, I could probably manage my way out of here, and I could get help. If you revived me," Technoblade put forth his idea.

"You and I, we're not like the others. I wouldn't call us Gods per day, but we're beyond them. More complex. So if you, or Philza, or Karl or I were to die completely, then that's it. The book works on more simple beings. Mortals, if you will. And ironically, they can live forever. I might not have had the book, but I had a hand in its making since the beginning of time. When it was just George and I, He could die as much as he wanted, and I just fixed it. He's my friend, and I would do anything to keep him around. The world cares for him because it's mine. It puts him to sleep in times of hardship. It brings forth food when he's hungry. He finds diamonds without even trying. The book was supposed to be just for him. Its ability to work on others is just a bonus. And I wouldn't even call it that." Dream says through teary eyes. A man of action finds himself unable of knowing what to do. So Technoblade awkwardly pats his cell mates back.

"There, there?" He attempts to comfort the crying blob.

"Ok, if that doesn't work, then I have a plan. Hide in the tunnel. You control this world, make them think you're dead. Quackity and Sam will flip out of course and come in here. I'll be waiting. Hopefully its just sam butif itd both, I can still manage them. I take out one with the pickaxe and aquire the netherite armor. I'll use the potion if I have to." Techno says. A huge weight is lifted off of dream. A plan. A real one with immediate effects. He simply ignores the obvious dangers of it. Because he's come to trust the piglin hybrid. And call it denial of over optimistic. But, he believed they could do this. Him and his.... friend.

It's been a while since he felt safe, saying that word.

They waited until they were ready, stocking up on potatoes and saving stamina. And then the day came.

At 2 in the morning,  the entire word woke from their beds to a message.

Dream_was_taken has been slayed by Sub2Techno using potato.

Some cried. Some cheered. Some felt numb. But Sam... Sam puked. All this time and effort put into a max security inmate. To lose him. And the book! Who knows what could happen now? He fled from his chaimbers and ran to the lava room. Frantically hitting the switch, he watched the lava lower slowly, and he reset his response point on the bed, ready for a fight. The lava was halfway down, but he could see. The cell was empty. And silent.

Suddenly, a flash of pink, red and white, plowed through the lava. Sam screamed and didn't even have time to brandish his sword. 1 swing. 2 swings. 3 swings. He finally manages to start swinging his fists at the warrior. 5. 6. 7. Sam manages to procure his sword and gets 1 good hit in before the pickaxe goes under his helmet. He sees in full horror as the one once his prisoner laughs at his death. And Sam fades away.

What he doesn't see is how, in the confusion, the bed was demolished. So Sam wakes up with a start in the woods, cold and alone. And far from anyone who could help him or that he could hurt.

Technoblade calls for dream as he sends the bridge across. Dream arrives soaken to the bone but quickly drying in the heat.

"Curse of vanishing. I got nothing. But if we get to the front, I probably have stuff in my enderchest to help. Let's go." Technoblade elaborates as if he isn't heavily bleeding from being literally stabbed. Still, with the potion effects, they go through the lava tunnel. They then make their way to the water tunnel. It proves an awkward swim with a stab wound, but they manage to both make it.

By now, there's anarchy across the server. And not the fun anti-tyrant kind. Because Dream is dead. Or so they think. Theories on the world literally falling apart spread like wildfire. And then Sam... and everyone knows Techno is coming out. And so, a congregation arrives to meet him. And the groups begin to fight. People there to kill the most dangerous man, people there to help, people there to watch, and everyone in between. And Quackity, too.

Inside it's going swimmingly. Literally. They got through the water tunnel and, after a short debate, decided to release all prisoners in the holding cells.

Which turns out to be Conner for some reason, Karl for illegal time travel,  Ponk for theft, and the biggest surprise,  Phil. None of them look too good. Ponks lost an arm, Phil's covered in bruises and has a limp. Karl looks like he's going insane, and Conner is actually fine seeming.

Despite being hurt themselves,  Dream and Techno help support Phil and Ponk as Conner guides Karl.

After a bit of creativity, they manage to reach the entrance. The portal is off. Outside is sure death.

"Well, it's been fun. Let's suit up." Dream says as lightheartedly as possible. Everyone takes from their own enderchests and pass around whatever could be useful. They finish the potatoes off, and Dream flicks the switch. The portal comes to life, and everyone stares anxiously at it.

"Ladies first?" Techno gestures, looking at Dream with a pleading smile.

"Let's just go together, mates. Better chances that way." Phil sighs. Weapons raised, they all enter the purple warping gateway to possibly their freedom or to their deaths.

And freedom it was.

The entire server was there. Although many wanted Dream and/or Techno to stay in there, it was clear the system was rigged. Phil did nothing. Ponk didn't deserve that harsh of a punishment. Connor was just kinda... there. He did nothing wrong. Karl couldn't help himself. These were all just people who made Quackity or Sam angry. And that's not justice. It's tyranny.

Even people like Tommy had a reason to be happy. Dream wasn't popular. Techno could be a touchy subject. But everyone loves Phil. And so when they stepped through, there were few to oppose them. Ranboo and Niki embarrassed Phil, and in turn, all three were engulfed in Technos' arms for a hug.

A crowd of people surround Ponk to examine their arm or what's left of it, and Ponk suddenly finds himself to have apples and potions being shoved down his throat.

Sapnap and George helped calm down the panicking Karl, and Snapnap took him home.

Conner wandered over to where a few wild horses grazed and pet one, content.

Even dream was welcomed. Albeit a bit coldly. But George, Bad Boy Halo, Revivebur, and briefly Sapnap stood by him. Nothing was really said for a while between them before Revivebur thanked Dream for bringing him back and started rambling about some low-budget restaurant he was running and his newest country.

Suddenly, arrows rained from above them. Sam, Purpled, Fundy, and Quackity sat in a tree with crossbows. They rained on the crowd, and all heck broke loose. Technoblade found himself at half health, sheltering Phil from the volley of death. Dream was clearly the other target, but Revivebur seemed all too glad to take the hit. Admitting the chaos, Quackity took careful aim at Dream. It wouldn't matter if it hit Revivebur; fireworks do damage to everyone around them. And this one has 5 firework charges. A near instant kill. He may die, but he'll take everyone else down with him.

He throws a potion of poison and fires.

It happened in a flash. Literally. Dream was knocked sideways. But not by a blast of fire but by strong arms and rough hands. Technoblade. Blue yellow white and red sparks flew. Within seconds, Quackity was contained.

"I didn't do anything wrong! Alls fair in love and war. He declared war on what I love!" He tried to defend himself. But, the focus was on Technoblade. Not dead. But close. His totem used up and his Armor with a hole in it.

"Well, that was stupid of me." He jokes, Blood trickling out the corner of his mouth. He lies on his back just outside the portal. His vision blurs as he looks up to the cloudless sky.

"Still no rain, huh?" He asks absently.

"It'll rain. Just hang in there." Dream whispers.

"No! Stay here!" Ranboo pleads.

"Common, mate. Stick it through. Just wait a second. I might have milk..." Phil kneels beside his friend.

"Yeah, common bug man! We need you at full strength." Tommy steps forward. One by one, or sometimes several at a time, everyone steps forward. Even those he's killed. Because he's always been a rock. A pillar. A stable moral compass. Questionable? Sure. But so was everyone else. A protector of the land.

"Yeah,no, this is it. Half a heart left. Nice knowing you nerds." Techno laughs, tears streaming freely.

"WAIT -" Dream cries, but then it happens. One heart moves to none, and he's gone. He fades away, leaving his friends to clasp at the whisps being carried away in the wind.

"So who's going to find him at spawn?" Eret eventually asks. Phil raises his hand, but Dream shakes his head.

"That was it. He only has one." He barely whispers.

"WHAT?"

"He's gone, and I can't bring him back." Dream still won't look up from where Techno had just been. In his wake, a Lilly of the valley has sprouted. A symbol of peace, contentness, and joy. A sign of happiness. How fitting for someone who spent life drowning in violence.

Laughter. Quackity is laughing from the recently erected post he's been tied to.

"Technoblade never dies, and yet I actually managed to kill him? HA! That's your hero,  everyone!" He starts laughing. But it falls on deaf ears.

Dream stands and walks to the edge of the water.

Weather set to rain

Weather cycle locked

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 1.3K 47
🔞🔞🔞 warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.🔞🔞
423 66 11
This won't have as much shit. Also, there will be no song of the day. Also taking challenges >:)
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
407K 7.3K 41
Emily Addison has been abused and neglected by a man she thought was her father. What happens when she gets saved by her brothers? Who has been searc...