Eager Wings (Destiel)

By Irontallica666

Now that Cas is human, some things are a lot harder to do, but it has is plus sides. Feelings, for one thing... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Endnotes

Chapter 19

5.4K 237 340
By Irontallica666

Sam and Dean were in heaven within a second. Their years of hunting made them cover each other immediately, looking around for anything that could hurt them. When nothing was seen, they looked at each other.

“So… this is heaven, I guess?”

“I guess so.”

They started walking, not sure where to go, until suddenly a scream was heard.

“Cas!” Dean immediately started running, but Sam held him back.

“Dean, we can’t just go running in there. You have no idea what is going on, you have no idea what is about to happen, and neither do you have any idea about their ways to get us here. Maybe it’s a trick. Maybe they just want to lure you in.”

Dean thought about it. Sam could be right, but that was Cas.

“Alright, alright. I’ll just walk,” he said, but he held the bone steady in his hands, ready to attack if needed.

Sam walked behind him, angel blade in one hand, and a gun in the other in case there were not-angels who needed to be killed quickly. It was crazy what they were doing, risking their lives in a way like this, but they’d do anything for family.

They kept walking through heaven; it was all so bright and light. Both Sam and Dean had been to hell, but this was the first time they were actually in heaven.

It felt like they were going on a hunt as they had been for years and years. Dean walking in front, protecting his little brother for whatever might be coming, Sam walking behind, he’d always have Dean’s back. They had been doing this for so long, they automatically went like this.

As they walked closer, Cas’ voice was more and more audible. It sounded like he was saying something to someone but they were still too far away to hear it clearly. However, they noticed his voice sounded monotone. As if someone had been training him to say certain things.

Suddenly, someone stood in front of them.

“Ah, if I didn’t expect you two to be showing up here,” Metatron said.

“Where’s Cas?” Dean only asked.

“Oh, eager, aren’t we? Your little boyfriend is out of your sight, Dean-o. you can’t help him now.”

If Sam hadn’t held Dean back, Dean would’ve slammed the bone through Metatron’s throat.

He hated Metatron so much; he was on the top of the list. Hell, even Lucifer was better than Metatron.

Metatron then noticed the bone Dean held. “That won’t kill me, if you were thinking that,” he said. “Only this can kill me.” He reached in his coat and put out an angel blade. But not just any angel blade. It was enormous and seemed to shine more than any other angel blade they ever had seen before.

Dean frowned. Did Chuck lie?

Sam, as always, seemed to feel what his brother was thinking and put a hand on his arm. I have your back, it meant. He’d always be there for his brother, even when their lives were in danger. Before his mind started to wander off to all the times he had left Dean alone, he shook his head. Dean needed him now. He needed Sam to be focused.  

“It’s an angel blade,” Metatron explained. “Just not any angel blade. The only one who can kill with this God himself. I stole it so now He can’t kill me, if he’s even ever deciding to show up.”

“So you stole God’s glade? Man, he must be pissed. I really hope he’ll split you in halves,” Dean said.

Sam hadn’t been saying anything yet. He was thinking of a small plan to get out of here, with Cas, without spending too much energy. Who knew how much Cas needed them?

Suddenly, Dean realized something. “So Cas is here?”

When Metatron nodded, even Sam couldn’t hold Dean back anymore. He flew forwards and started attacking Metatron. Sam quickly went after him, trying to get Metatron away from Dean and keeping Dean away from Metatron at the same time.

Sam sighed. If they could just distract Metatron and then hurt him so much all at once, they probably wouldn’t be hurt and they would have left some energy. But now, his plan wouldn’t work. Dean had messed it all up and they had to fight.

Sam didn’t blame Dean. When Dean had come into his and Jess’ room at night all those years ago, the first thing he did was fight the stranger. He hadn’t stopped until he had seen it was Dean. On hunts, it was the same story. Fight the evil, protect your family.  That’s how they were raised, and that’s how they would always react.

At first, Metatron had laughed when Dean attacked him. “You can’t hurt me, I’m an angel,” he had said. But once Dean had touched him with the bone, he stopped laughing.

“That’s not… that’s not what I think it is, right?”

Dean took the moment of confusion and stabbed him. But Metatron was smart, and quick, and Dean could only his his arm. However, it was enough to have Metatron bleeding.

Both Sam and Dean froze completely, staring as hypnotized at the angel blood, flooding over Metatron’s arm.

Then, Dean slowly looked between the bone and the blood. His lips tugged into an evil smile. “Not so badass now anymore, are we?” he said to Metatron, who was frozen too, staring at the bone in Dean’s hand.

“It can’t be,” he whispered.

“Well, I don’t know what the hell this is, but I do know it’s able to hurt you. And so I will use it,” Dean simply replied. He attacked right after, and this time Sam fought with him immediately.

As Dean kept stabbing Metatron in several places, just to hurt him enough so he couldn’t hurt the brothers, Sam distracts Metatron by using the angel blade. He had put the gun in the loophole of his pants already, and switched hands while stabbing Metatron with the angel blade.

The angel blade didn’t have the same effect as the bone, but it still hurt Metatron. Soon, he realized he couldn’t do much but hoping this would be over soon while squirming in pain every time either Dean or Sam stabbed him.

While Metatron was getting weaker with every time the blade and bone hit him, Sam and Dean were getting their energy and hope back. They discovered that if Sam would hit Metatron in a wound Dean just had made, it would hurt twice as much.

It looked like torturing, but it wasn’t. Metatron had deserved this, for putting their family and all the angels in so much misery. With every time they hit him, they thought of another victim.

Sam. Dean. Cas.

Kevin, Gabriel.

Even Charlie was now involved in this mess.

Then, Dean realized he hadn’t thought of what had happened to Charlie. Was she okay? Had Chuck brought her back to the bunker? His thoughts distracted him, and Metatron noticed. He used the moment to take God’s blade and knocked away the bone.

Luckily, Sam always had Dean’s back, and therefore he knew what was going on. While hitting Metatron right in the open wound in his knee, he reached out to the bone behind him. Metatron had been stupid to let it go in Sam’s direction. Using his leg, he shoved Dean back the bone.

Dean knew he had made a mistake, and picked up the bone, stabbing Metatron even deeper.

It went on like this until they heard a voice, and they all froze right on their places.

“I am worth nothing without my grace.

All what’s happening right now is my fault.

I am a failure and I deserve to be punished.”

“CAS!” Dean screamed, and suddenly they were all moving. Dean ran to the direction Cas’ voice had come from, almost though Metatron. Metatron didn’t matter right now. Because, no matter how monotone that voice had sounded, it was Cas. He would recognize that gruff voice everywhere.

Metatron tried to hold Dean back, causing his arm to almost gotten cut off. He quickly took it back and let Dean run.

Sam shot Metatron a 45/10 powered bitchface and then ran after Dean.

“Cas, listen! I have your grace, and we’re here to free you!” Dean yelled while running. “We’re gonna kill Metat-

Metatron!

We’ll kill Metatron together alright, I have your grace, it’s going to be okay!”

They didn’t know what to expect when arriving at Cas’ cell, but what they saw wasn’t anything they could have expected.

Cas was sitting on the floor, knees up to his chest and his eyes closed. He didn’t respond to any of what Dean and Sam said, and just sat there. It was a sad view.

“Not so optimistic any more, are we?” Metatron said behind them, and suddenly Dean turned around.

“YOU SON OF A BITCH!” He yelled, and Stabbed Metatron right in the chest with the bone. While Metatron sank to his knees in pain, Sam knocked away the Blade of God. Now, Metatron was unarmed, and hurt. They didn’t know if they had to pray to God, but it wasn’t needed.

“Ah, good to finally have this back,” a very familiar voice said.

“CHUCK?!”  Both Sam and Dean spoke at the same time. They didn’t know whether to be relieved or pissed. Chuck, the ‘prophet of the Lord’ had been God all the freaking time? Couldn’t he have done the damned job himself?

“Yes, and no,” Chuck said. “I am God. I am sorry you had to find out this way, but I had no other choice. i can’t show my real self, or tell anyone when I don’t have my blade. This blade is made for me; it’s what makes me God.

What you needed to do was distract Metatron and make him lose this blade. You did your job well. I am proud of you.”

Sam and Dean were stunned. Then, Dean realized they had finally found Cas. He slipped off the necklace and took the small bottle with Cas’ grace. “Here,” he said to Cas. “This is yours.”

Cas looked up, and without a word, he held out a shaky hand. Dean gave him the bottle and Cas went back into his old position, bottle with grace now in his hand. He probably was shocked.

“Did you have your boyfriend’s grace with you? How cute,” Metatron sneered. They had almost forgotten he was still there. Even when he was hurt, and could be dead any second, he managed to still be such an asshole.

“You,” Chuck told him. “Need to shut your mouth. You are a shame for all the angels. What you have done is unforgivable and I have to punish you in the only way possible.” And with that, Chuck lifted his blade and stabbed Metatron right in the chest.

There was a blinding white light, and after a few seconds, Metatron lied on the ground.

Dead.

In his hands he held another bottle. Chuck took the bottle and with a turn of his wrist, Cas’ cell door opened. He mentioned for Sam and Dean to step closer and held each other.

Within a second, they were back in the bunker, where Charlie jumped up from the couch.

“You’re finally here! I already thought something was wrong! Are you all okay? What happened? Did you kill him?” she asked, but no one answered her yet.

Cas was an angel again, and stood still while healing the wounds he had gotten as a human. Dean and Sam stood next to him, not knowing what to say. Suddenly, Deans legs gave up on him. He had been really tired and all what happened had been so impressive, his body couldn’t take it anymore. Luckily, Sam caught him so he didn’t pass out on the floor.

When Dean woke up again, he was lying on the couch. He looked around and saw Cas, Sam and Charlie sitting around him.

They had survived.

Metatron was killed.

Cas was safe.

Dean closed his eyes and fell asleep once again.

A/N IMPORTANT: this is not the end!!! *laughs evilly*

Yes, Cas is saved and angel again and all that but there’s gonna happen another thing ooOooOOOooOOoo

Also yup, I still believe Chuck is God, who else would it be? In the Kings Of Con (if you don’t know what it is: check it out! it’s a new web series by Richard (Gabriel) and Rob (Chuck). It’s gonna be awesome) trailer Rich also said Chuck is God and how they killed of God so yea. It’s canon for me.

Anyways I hope you liked this chapter, it turned out to be a bit longer than I had expected but oh well. Thanks for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 254 10
Sam is in an accident that renders him unconscious in the psych ward for a few days. Dean visits him but someone else has caught his attention: a qui...
7.7K 134 41
Dean and Cas adopt a deaf 14-year-old girl named May. But adopting May also puts her at risk. What, with Metatron and Crowley still on the loose, who...
2.9K 141 10
Dean and Gabriel got drunk one night and slept together. They shook it off and went on living life but Sam can't get over it. He's had the biggest cr...
6.4K 262 12
sam has a lot of stuff on his mind...that's why he doesn't notice. cas...well cas just hasn't been around as often as he used to be. Dean has been...