CONFIDANT | TKĀ°

By PranitiSinha

{Completed} Taehyung and Jungkook have been married for 5 years, in love. Jungkook starts discovering some n... More

Introduction
Prologue
(1) Sappy Morning
(2) Appreciating moments
(3) Clubbing
(4) Praises (M)
(5) Adopting
(6) Business Trip
(8) Nightmare
(9) A drive
(10) Late nights (M)
(11) Wedding Anniversary
(12) Chaos
(13) Abyss
(14) Wounds
(15) Family
(16) Together
(17) Talk about it
(18) Warm like Summer
(19) Home
(20) My Confidant
Epilogue

(7) Moody

1.8K 112 190
By PranitiSinha

Third Person's POV

By the third day of Taehyung's absence, a foul mood settled over Jungkook. It made him snappish and irritable, not suited for a photoshoot that he was meant to get done by today.

He did his best to go through, reminding himself of his responsibilities and how silly it was to be grumpy that he hasn't seen his husband in a few days. They're adults and Jungkook could surely spend time apart without pining like a teenager. He managed, at least, to not piss off anyone new. 

Jimin found him near the end of the night, pressing a glass of champagne in his hand, he was at a club with Jimin and Yoongi where Yoongi had a business meeting and Jimin wanted to tag along so he dragged Jungkook with him. 

"You need a drink or three" He insisted when Jungkook tried to protest. 

And, well- Jungkook tries not to drink too much at events like these, but what's the harm when the three of them were about to leave soon anyway? Jungkook gulped it, feeling the bubbles fizzle through him pleasantly, and stole the second glass from Jimin. Jimin grinned in delight.

"How about we get out of here? It's a little stuffy for my tastes" 

"Alright" Jungkook agreed amiably, polishing off the second glass. He licked his lips and set the empty glasses down on the counter. 

"Yoongi hyung won't mind you abandoning him?" 

"Nope" 

Jimin's gaze automatically found Yoongi across the room, holding the confident aura with some business acquaintances. Jungkook thought, not for the first time, that there was something a little beyond normal about Jimin. He had been waiting to say something until a moment where it will really annoy Jimin, though.

"He gave me orders to take care of you, actually. Said you're in a mood because of Taehyungie?" 

Jungkook frowned in annoyance. 

"I'm not in a mood" He said, more like snapped. 

"Are we going or what?" 

Jimin just raised an eyebrow, as if to say, see? and then he leads the way. 

They ended up in a private booth with a mini bar. The champagne had already started to make Jungkook feel light and dizzy- pleasantly so but he still gulped two shots, one right after the other. 

"I am not in a mood because Taehyung left" He said again, pushing the empty shot glasses across the table of their booth.

"I'm not clingy. Even though he was supposed to get back today at the latest and isn't" 

"Sure" Jimin said. 

"That's why you're talking about it" 

His nose wrinkles at the thought of Taehyung. Not that Taehyung would ever cheat on him or something like that, he is just anxious because Taehyung wasn't back today even though he was supposed to be. He is feeling a little jealous, maybe? That someone else is spending time with him when Jungkook can't. 

Jimin snorted, clearly amused. 

"I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about" 

"I know that" 

Jungkook mumbled and rolled his eyes, exasperated that Jimin didn't just get his point, Taehyung would have, he knew Jungkook better than any of his hyungs. A waitress brought another round of shots and Jungkook took another before Jimin could stop him. 

"But he should be home. With me" 

"Maybe slow down a bit there" Jimin said kindly. He hadn't done any shots, sipping reasonably at his drink instead.

"I thought you were fun" Jungkook groaned, though he mostly agreed. 

His head was spinning in a way that told him he was going to get very giggly and have a massive hangover tomorrow if he didn't cut himself off soon. Still, he slipped on a wide-eyed innocent look.

"I guess you have to be responsible and boring now, huh?" 

Jimin scowled,

"You know what? Have as much as you want" 

Jungkook grinned, all teeth. Jimin is really the easiest to manipulate, other than Taehyung maybe. But Taehyung saw the manipulation and always gave Jungkook what he wanted anyway, like he enjoyed indulging Jungkook's worst behaviour, so that might not count. 

Ugh, Taehyung again. Stupid, handsome, wonderful Taehyung. Drinks were supposed to help him not think about Taehyung, weren't they?

"I guess- I guess I just miss him a lot" Jungkook sighed, leaning on his elbow as he continued his one sided conversation. 

"You're lucky Yoongi hyung's not going anywhere, you know because Taehyungie 'always' handles the business trips" He gestured vaguely with his free hand and Jimin groaned. 

"Let's not talk about that"

Naturally, Jungkook perked up as much as he could under his haze. He eyed Jimin suspiciously. 

"I thought you were happy about that?" 

"I am" Jimin snapped. 

Jungkook hummed thoughtfully. He could read Jimin without having to use the force at all.

"I won't tell anyone if you share" 

"Doubt you'll remember half of what I say" Jimin muttered, running a hand over his face. 

"Look, I'm not the romantic type. So sure I like the idea of him coming back home every night and I-" 

"Love them" Jungkook supplied smugly. 

"Yeah" Jimin scowled at him for show. 

"But that doesn't mean I don't need space at times, sometimes I just want to sleep without being cuddled or- or have a drink alone but at the same time I love having those two there" 

Jungkook couldn't help but giggle, not even when Jimin looked aghast. 

"Sorry, you're just. You're so dumb" Jungkook said, reaching across the booth to pat Jimin's cheek.

"Of course you need some alone time, you just need to talk it out with them. Everyone needs space and sometimes when you feel overwhelmed with everything around you, you just need to have some time to yourself. Maybe a drink alone with just your thoughts" 

He continued when Jimin only stared at him like he had lost it.

"Sure you are stupid sometimes, but you show up when it matters whether it's Yoongi hyung, Hoseok hyung, Jin hyung, Namjoon or me and Taehyungie. And you're like- like my brother-in-law already. That's why you're here now, isn't it? Taking care of me"

Jimin softened a little.

"That's not the same" 

"It is pretty much" Jungkook dismissed with an easy wave. 

"I mean, maybe don't get anyone drunk when they're sad. But mostly the same" 

Jimin snorted, shaking his head in an exasperated way.

"If you're that worried, you can talk to Namjoon hyung. He's great with advice but I would still suggest that you talk it out with them, like me and Taehyungie always talk it out when it seems to get hard" Jungkook sighed, feeling the ache of missing Taehyung once again.

"Of course, he's not here"

At that, Jimin grimaced and waved down the bartender.

"I'm gonna need another drink if I have to listen to this" 

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

Jungkook didn't drink any more, but by the time Jimin was peeling him out of the booth, he was still drunk and wobbly on his feet. He amiably let Jimin support and direct him until they get to the front door.

"I don't want to be home" He whined as he realised where they were.

He was not helping at all as Jimin tried to move around him to get the door open. Home will be empty and dark without Taehyung. 

"Come on, Jungkookie. It's late and you need to sleep this off" Jimin tried to reason.

Jungkook huffed, ready to argue some more when the door opened without Jimin's prompting. He was confused for a fleeting second and then he saw- 

"Taehyungie!" Jungkook gasped, flinging himself at the man standing in the doorway. He buried his face in Taehyung's neck, clinging to him desperately.

"You're home!"

"I am" Taehyung said, and Jungkook could feel the rumble of laughter in his chest.

"Had a few drinks tonight, huh?" 

Jungkook nodded, refusing to let go now that he was in Taehyung's arms. He smelled good- like his strawberry shower gel. He must have showered already. 

"Only because you weren't here" 

"Thanks for taking care of him" Taehyung directed to Jimin. 

"Or enabling him. I'm sure I'll find out which tomorrow"

Jungkook missed what Jimin said, but he could sense when he left. Taehyung pulled him gently inside. 

"How did it go?" He asked as Taehyung steered him to the couch and disappeared into the kitchen. His mind still felt foggy as he tried to focus.

"Did something happen? Wait, when did you get home?" 

"Ah!" Taehyung returned, looking guilty. He sat close enough that their knees touched and pressed a glass into Jungkook's hands.

"A few hours ago. Drink this" 

Jungkook was not sure how long he was at the bar exactly, but he knew he must have still been at the party when Taehyung got back. 

"Why didn't you call me?" He asked, poking accusingly at Taehyung's chest. Water sloshes out of the glass as he gestured.

Taehyung took it from him, setting the glass on the table. 

"I knew you would leave your photoshoot if I did" He said apologetically. 

"Didn't want to distract you"

"That's stupid. You're stupid" Jungkook exclaimed, throwing himself at Taehyung again. 

"Husband, I missed your stupid handsome face" 

He almost doesn't notice that Taehyung flinched when he collided with Taehyung's chest, but he did. Jungkook pulled back, giving him a suspicious look. 

"What was that?" 

"What was what?" Taehyung asked with wide, innocent eyes. 

He was a terrible liar, according to Jungkook.  

Jungkook pressed his hands against Taehyung's ribs and watched again as he winced.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He grabbed at the hem of Taehyung's shirt, trying to pull it up as best as he could with uncoordinated fingers. 

"I'm fine" Taehyung attempted, catching Jungkook's hands. 

"It's nothing" 

"Taehyung" Jungkook said warningly. 

He sighed and let Jungkook pull up his shirt to reveal purpling bruises over his abdomen, leading up to a bandage wrapped around his upper ribs. It sobered Jungkook up a lot quicker than the water. 

"What happened?" He demanded, voice low and serious as worry swirled in his stomach. 

Taehyung sucked at his lower lip for a second, sighing again. 

"Things went a bit sideways. I may or may not have been in an accident yesterday" 

"What!?" Jungkook gasped. 

"It was fine" Taehyung said quickly. 

"I mostly caught myself, wasn't that bad, only a few broken ribs" 

Jungkook frowned at him, eyes narrowing as he tried to scope out how much Taehyung was downplaying what happened. 

"Why are you taking it so lightly? This is serious!" 

"I'm fine" Taehyung insisted and noticed a bit of annoyance creeping onto Jungkook's face.

"I went to the hospital right away and they patched up the worst of it and the rest will heal quickly" 

Jungkook couldn’t help touching the bruises, a gentle brush of fingers that made Taehyung shiver. Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, trying to think through the alcohol. 

"Please, don't be reckless for me" Jungkook said softly, meeting Taehyung's eyes. 

"I wasn't reckless at all, you can ask Yeonjun"

Jungkook gave a tiny shake of his head. 

"Now. You should be healing, but you're here instead" 

Taehyung softened, reaching to cup his cheek tenderly. 

"It's really not that bad. And I promised I would come home to you, didn't I?" He gave Jungkook his most charming grin.

"That's the problem" Jungkook muttered, pushing Taehyung's hand away.

He watched the smile slip from Taehyung's face with something akin to satisfaction, he should understand that this was serious and Jungkook won't be charmed by a few nice words. 

"You have to take care of yourself! You have to let me! I want you home in one piece, not all broken up" 

Now, at least Taehyung had the decency to look contrite. 

"I'll get checked out again tomorrow, if you want. And I'll listen to you next time, okay?" 

Jungkook stared at him for a moment, confirming the truth in his eyes before giving in with a sigh.

"Okay" His arms snake gently around Taehyung and he dropped his face to Taehyung's shoulder, eyes closed and nose against his neck.

"You should always listen to me" He added in a murmur.

Taehyung breathed a laugh. 

"Don't get too cocky, Mr. Kim Jungkook. You're full of bad ideas too"

Jungkook just hummed a noncommittal sound. Maybe he was, but his own bad ideas don't send an icy shock of fear through him the way Taehyung being hurt did. He stayed where he was, feeling Taehyung warm against him, the way his chest moved as he breathed, his fingers gently carding through Jungkook's hair. He sunk into the warmth until the worry mostly subsided. Taehyung was here now. He was okay, mostly. They were together.

"I love you" Jungkook said into his neck after a moment. 

"I missed you. A lot. I was- I think I pissed a lot of people off"

"Did you?" Taehyung asked, sounding pleased.

Jungkook was tempted to poke him in the ribs, but he was not quite that mean. He lifted his head instead, giving Taehyung a look.

Taehyung smiled, completely unrepentant. 

"I love you too, of course" 

Jungkook snorted, amused. 

"And" Taehyung started sheepishly. 

"Yeonjun yelled at me because I wouldn't shut up about you the whole trip" 

That shouldn't fill him with glee but it does. 

Poor Yeonjun, God give strength to his poor assistant.

"I guess we're both hopeless, huh?" Taehyung continued, gaze warm in the way that makes Jungkook melt.

"This is what you signed up for" Jungkook reminded him with a teasing smile.

Taehyung's own smile grew fond.

"I can live with that" 

When Jungkook leaned in again, Taehyung pressed his lips to Jungkook's forehead. 

"I am sorry for worrying you" He murmured. 

Jungkook nodded slightly in acknowledgement. Somewhere in the back of Jungkook's head he could tell this wasn't the last of this conversation, but he shrugged it off. 

"Now, will you drink your water and let me take you to bed?"

"You're the one who's hurt" Jungkook argued lightly.

"I should be taking care of you"

Amusement flickered across Taehyung's face. 

"I'm not sure you can walk in a straight line right now, love"

Jungkook huffed, his cheeks puffing out childishly. 

"I can" He lied, as if Jimin and Yoongi didn't half carry him home. Well, he probably could if he really tried. 

"Don't tempt me to let you try" Taehyung said with a grin. 

"Fine" Jungkook grumbled, though he didn't mind. He drank obediently when Taehyung offered the water to him again. 

"You win this time"

"We're on the same team, aren't we? We both win"

"Oh" Jungkook looked at him- consideringly, eyes widening. 

"I like that" 

Taehyung laughed, fond and sweet, and Jungkook liked that too. But it's true, they're a team, they take care of each other. That, he can get used to.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

Get well soon Jiminie 🥺💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764K 42.7K 31
"Look at the mirror, bun. Look at that aroused look of yours, can't you see you're still shivering under my touch? So seductive yet pitiful-" "S-Stop...
269K 13.3K 41
{Completed} A story where Kim Taehyung is an idol but has secret family, a beautiful husband Jungkook and a little fluff ball of theirs, which nobody...
318K 13.4K 24
[COMPLETED] Jeon Jungkook had to marry a boy against his will due to his family decisions but that boy wasn't just some typical abusive and alcoholic...
177K 12.3K 34
{Completed} Where a fanboy sends One Letter, Four Messages, Three Gifts to his idol every month. Seeing the same amount every month the fanboy gets n...