Crossing the gangster

By lovewrites1601

. "What the hell is he saying?" I asked smith, who was still persistent on not meeting my eyes. "He is tellin... More

chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Announcement
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

chapter 6

2K 55 18
By lovewrites1601

The rest of the afternoon had gone by smoothly since I had spent most of my time sparring with Blake after chris left.

Yeah chris fired him first but then he changed his mind ..

He was great company, just as Noah had been, and always ended up laughing when I had failed at throwing the knives on the target

When Blake had laughed the first time, I was caught so off-guard that I had turned towards him and just stared for a full minute. He had given me a weird look and I agreed with him that I probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

But still, with the fitness of a bodybuilder, he did not seem likely to laugh and joke around but yet he was. There you go again Hazel, judging a book by its cover.

But nonetheless, the few hours I had spent with him got him to open up greatly and I felt like we two could also be good friends in the near future. Once I get out of this prison that is...

When we had finished training, Blake had taken me to the infirmary that this place had. The simplicity of this room surprised me since it resembled that of an average hospital room, minus the strong smell of disinfectant. Nothing in this house was simple besides this.

Noah was hauled up in one of the three hospital beds, dressed in a hospital gown and eating a bowl of, wait a minute, ice cream. I was slightly astounded to see that familiar sweet treat in a place with such a gloomy atmosphere but Noah was gobbling it down happily while his eyes were fixed on the tv.

I cleared my throat to make my presence aware as I neared him and he quickly turned off the tv before flashing me a genuine smile, which I definitely didn't deserve.

My apology must have been written clearly on my face because he waved it off and patted the chair next to him for me to sit down. I did as he asked and Blake followed suit, dragging up another chair to take a seat next to me.

"Look, Noah, I am really really sorry it wasn't my intention to injure you or anything..." I started but was efficiently cut off when Noah placed his hand over my mouth and shook his head.

"Zip it, your acting as if you shot me in the head with a gun. It's just a bruised rib, I will be fine in a while." He told me and I was slightly relieved that I hadn't indeed broken his rib. My shoulders slumped slightly, a slight weight lifted off my shoulders at the knowledge that he didn't blame me.

"Man, if you were shot in the head I would thank her. That means you wouldn't be here to annoy the life out of me," Blake teased and Noah released his hold on me to swat his best friend on the head.

Though he didn't reach so far and he turned his gaze onto me, a puppy dog expression on his face. I let out a slight chuckle, hitting Blake at the back of the head and earning a mew of protest.

Blake rubbed the sore area and threw me a disbelieving gaze. "What so, I sparred with you for god knows how many hours but your loyalty lies with him. I see how it is Ms Summers...." He overdramatic with an expression of hurt on his face.

"Of course, Noah is so much better than you," I admitted with a mischevious smile. Blake reached over with a glint in his eyes and I knew I had to escape his hands but I was too late.

The room was filled with the sounds of my laughter as he tickled me and I gasped for air. Man, I hadn't laughed in such a long time, it kinda felt good.

"Noahhhh, help meee," I squealed but my pleas fell on deaf ears. I turned slightly to see Noah videoing this interaction with a look of amusement and I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. That just got a chuckle from him as he watched us yet made no move to stop the demonic child that was causing me to laugh till my sides ached.

He finally let go when he could tell I was slightly red in the face due to the lack of oxygen and the laughing. I took the time to gulp in fresh air before mock-punching blake on the shoulders repeatedly.

That was how our time flew by, all three of us poking jokes at each other. I had only known them for a day yet I felt the instant connection between me and three other people here; Noah, Blake and Izzy.

Why was it that the boss of this place had to be such a jackass though because otherwise, my time here would probably feel like heaven.

I was seated at the same table once again, the aroma of food wafting past my nostrils, pangs of hunger shooting through my body. It made me forget about the grimy sweat that still coated my body but instead focused me on the fact that a piping hot meal was moments from being stuffed in my mouth.

The same kitchen table was laid for five people now, Noah being discharged and joining us for a hefty meal. Izzy was again making the meal and I had found out that these last two days, the cook had been on medical leave.

I offered to help her with the cooking but she shooed me off, telling me that she enjoyed it and I would only cause a hindrance to her. I understood where she was coming from because when I used to cook for my family, I didn't like anyone coming into my space and distracting me from the task at hand.

Though when the food was dished out, chris's spot remained empty and I found my eyes flitting to it through the meal. Though without his presence, the dinner table was no longer stifled in quiet and we were chatting throughout the meal.

It ended up in Blake reciting the fighting scene with chris and I, adding in his own commentary that earned him a jab to the foot from where he sat across from me. Being the goofball I found him to actually be, his commentary was of no surprise.

He said something along the lines off, " They couldn't keep their eyes off each other and the room was full of sexual tension." I seriously was getting gay vibes from him though he quickly shut up after my silent reprimanding and verbal threat to " cut off his dick at night and feed it to him."
That earned me laughter from both Noah and Izzy but glares from Blake where he fumed silently. He opened his mouth to speak in his defence but Izzy and I shooed off both of the boys to retreat to their own rooms.

They grudgingly obliged due to the fact that they didn't want to be forced to clean up the dishes and bade us goodnight before disappearing.

Izzy and I were hence stuck with cleaning duty.

"What do you want to do with this," I asked Izzy, signalling to the remaining of the food in the dish. She took it from me and placed it in the microwave for chris before we started to clean the dishes.

Once we were done feeling successful at placing all the dishes on the drying rack, she warmed up the food and placed it on a plate.

"Sometimes he skips a meal to just work in his office but I always make sure he eats. Without me, he would probably go on a meal a day," She told me with a proud grin. Though I caught her glancing up at the clock worriedly as she spoke to me, an action I found somewhat puzzling.

"Do you have somewhere to be?" I asked her after a minute of amusingly watching her actions. She cleared her throat slightly, eyes darting as she was caught off guard.

"Yeah, I have a date to go to," She yelled somewhat loudly, mouth leaning towards where the boys had just disappeared to. Interesting, I thought to myself, someone here has a little crush...

Deciding to keep my mouth shut for the moment, I let a small smile pull the corners of my mouth as I offered to take the food up to chris. At that, her shoulders slumped slightly in relief and she thanked me profusely. I took a quick shower before grabbing the food and making my way up
to his office, cursing myself at my foolish suggestion.

Since when did I decide to be nice to the enemy?

He was seated exactly like yesterday, crouched over his desk and strands of hair falling forward as he scanned a paper intently. I could tell he was concentrated on his work and decided to leave the plate of food next to him before walking away hurriedly, hoping he hadn't seen me but to no avail.

"Hazel," He called out just as I was about to turn the door handle and I sighed internally. It was worth a shot... I pivoted on my heel, my eyebrow raised in silent question.

"Tomorrow, you are going to need to wake up and go shopping with Izzy. There is a mission you have to carry out, she will explain the details later," He said conspicuously and I opened my mouth to ask the hundreds of question brewing on the tip of my tongue but he waved his hand, dismissing and silencing me as his eyes flitted back to the work he had on hand.

I let out a small huff, not letting the fact slip by that he treated me like an animal. Who DISMISSES a human for heaven's sake?

And the way he didn't have any politeness towards anyone, it just irked me to no extent.

Who did the man think he was? He was not some great person who invented a medicine to cure cancer or donated to charities. No, he was quite the opposite- snatching people away from their lives and forcing them six feet under.

He was lucky enough to be standing on his two feet without chains binding them and to get warm food instead of the cold, inedible stuff sold in prison cells for people with felony charges. And if the police had a record of exactly how many lives he had taken he would definitely be a life sentence if not executed.

You haven't seen him murder anyone yet, came the truthful conscience of mine but I knew deep down that I would soon. I just hoped I didn't play any part in that murder and that he didn't force me to look as he fired the bullets.

THAT WAS ENOUGH, I decided, my sharp tongue buzzing to give him a lesson that I would regret.

"Just stop okay, stop all of this thinking that your high and mighty. Your sister cooks meals for you and you don't give a simple thank you. In fact, please is probably non-existent in your dictionary isn't it?" I paused slightly, catching my breath before continuing.

"And you don't just go kidnapping people from their houses and take them where ever you would like. You don't get to fucking do that so get off your high horse because not everything is according to you understood?" I yelled, tears of frustration brimming my eyes.

A weight was removed off my shoulders as I finally got the satisfaction of pouring out the emotions I bottled up over the last few days. Though, before a flash, I was pressed up against the wall, his hand pressing tightly against my throat.

"Do not ever, and I mean EVER talk to me like that! I will do as I please, when I please and especially out of all people, you do not get to tell me how to live my life. As for pleasantries, I will fucking use them only and if only you gain my respect." His eyes bore into mine, intimidating me slightly at how close he was to me.

"Until that happens, I can go ahead and kidnap and murder whoever I want. I do not need your fucking permission to do anything, not even spare your life. I could kill you right now if I wanted to and no one would fucking blink an eye understood?" He spat, his green eyes flashing.

At this point, dark spots shadowed the edges of my vision and I wondered if this was going to be how I died, by the hands of the man I most despised in the whole entire world?

I let my eyes flicker close but deep down I knew, whatever I said was probably the most truthful thing I had said and that I had no regrets. If I passed away, he would just have to live with another death on his hands and so be it.

But just as I had given up, matching his gaze one last time before letting the darkness consume me, did he release his vice-grip on me. I fell to the ground, flittering between reality and unconsciousness, unable to open my eyes.

He probably when to get a gun to finish off getting rid of me, I thought, and although this was my chance to escape, I couldn't find the will to move my feet, the will to get up and run, the will to fucking live anymore.

And with that last thought in mind, I said one last prayer, a prayer that wherever I landed up after this would be a better place than now and not as much of a nightmare. Closing my eyes peacefully, I let the awaiting darkness envelop me.

Oh shittttt, what just happened there?

Don't look at me, I know absolutely nothing on why chris just decided to burst. Though why did he let go all of a sudden, wait for the next chapter that may just include a short P.O.V of the devil himself.

TBC
Do vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 330 19
The cold barrel presses sharply into my temple. "Go on," I goad. "Isn't this what you do to the people who piss you off?" His gaze hardens. His hand...
507K 8.1K 40
"Get off of me!" I said to the tall man stood next to me. " Sir what should we do with her?" Suddenly a tall figure towered over me I wouldn't admit...
155K 3.9K 33
"ahhh" she screamed in pain but her cries and screams got muffled as his hand slammed on her mouth. "shhh, another noise from your little mouth and t...
4.8K 413 28
-A MAFIA ROMAMCE- -3rd in the DAYDREAM AWARDS! - ~•~ "Elijah!" my sister ran back into the café as I finished paying for our order we had, worry was...