Dramione; A Battle Worth Figh...

By AstridHermione

Hermione Granger; always the Gryffindor good girl, Prefect, teacher's pet and many more. Draco Malfoy; The Sl... More

Cherishing Memories
A Falling Out Over Dinner
The Beginning of the End
Back for Seventh Year
A Change of Heart
Remembering Cho
Hermione's Halloween Fun
Ron's Big Mistake
Attacked Again
Punishment for Slytherin
The Hearing of Hogwarts
Like Father, Like Son
Malfoy Manor
Christmas Day
Danger up Ahead
Loss
Rescue
Moving On and Starting New
About The Shipper

The Letter from Hogwarts

22.4K 408 83
By AstridHermione

Since the wizarding war, Hermione had been thinking about her education; would it be possible to go back to Hogwarts and complete her education by joining Ginny Weasley's year? Surely it wasn't impossible; surely it had been done before; surely Professor Mcgonagall would say yes; surely her parents would understand? Hermione sat down at her desk and pulled a piece of parchment towards her, along with her ink pot and quill. For a minute, she paused, wondering how to put it, and then started to write.

Dear Professor Mcgonagall

Since the Wizarding War I have been thinking about my education and how I did not get to complete my schoolwork and take the N.E.W.T tests.

Would it be possible if I could return to Hogwarts for a final year and complete my education by joining the newest 7th years? I understand if this is not possible, but it would be amazing if I could come back.

Thank you

Miss H Granger

Hermione signed it in her neat cursive handwriting and wrote Professor Mcgonagall's name onto the parchment envelope. Her lazy ginger cat slunk into the room and leapt onto the bed, going into a nice long sleep in the sunlight coming from her bedroom window. She sat down next to Crookshanks, who purred deeply when she stroked his furry head. Looking out of the window, she spied several small specks against the light blue sky, getting vloser and closer. She realised it was owls and jumped off her bed, opening the window. The first owl was a white snowy owl; for a moment she thought it was Hedwig, but remembered she was killed last year in a horribly tragic accident. She untied the scroll from it's foot and began to read...

Dear Hermione

I'm sorry I haven't been writing to you; I've been very busy travelling the country and trying to track down some of the heirlooms of the Black family that Mundungus stole a few years ago. That dirty rotten thief! I have, however, succeeded in finding several.

This owl I have sent is a new one, given to me by Mrs Weasley; his name is Windspeed.

As a get-together I am holding lunch at 12, Grimmauld Place, my new house. Ron, Ginny, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Bill, Charlie, George, Luna, Neville and Hagrid are coming and you are very welcome to join us on August 30th at 11:30am. Please do come, it would be fantastic! Send your reply as soon as you can, Kreacher says he wants to make plans.

Hope you have a wonderful summer!

Harry

The next owl was a tiny minute owl who she recognised as Ron's owl, Pig. His younger sister had named him Pigwigeon in her fourth year. He rapidly flew round the room, sending Crookshanks flying out of Hermione's room and down the stairs to find a better place to sleep. Hermione eventually caught Pig and read the untidy letter.

Hermione

How are you, love? Sorry I haven't been writing much, I have been with my family, who have been trying to do some important things I needed to help with. Unfortunately, I have been unable to write to anybody.

There is a memorial service and funeral for Fred on August 1st and we would like you to join us as you feel like a part of our family. Please do come, I need you.

Has Harry told you about the special "meet-up" lunch on 30th August at his? Ginny is moving in with him after the service for Fred.

Please please please come to the memorial service. Some of our friends and family are apparating in so there isn't too much of a problem getting you here and back. I would say use that fellytone to talk to us but we don't have one anymore; Dad's taken it apart. Please ask your parents if you can come, it means a lot if you can.

Love you

Ron

Hermione's eyes sparkled with silent tears; Ron's brother Fred had unfortunately been killed in the Battle of Hogwarts by a wall that exploded and hit him. It hit Ron hard and hit his older brother George even harder; Fred was his twin; his partner in crime. She knew that neither Ron, Ginny or George would ever be the same again. She reread the letter and laughed; a fellytone!

The third owl was a black one with deep orange eyes. It held an envelope in it's beak with the Hogwarts crest on it; her heart skipped a beat. She grabbed it and threw it open and started to read the emerald green print.

Dear Miss Granger

We are delighted to tell you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Seventh Year. Enclosed is an equipment list of everything you will require for the year ahead. We will be delighted to see you on September the First aboard the Hogwarts Express.

Yours Sincerely

Professor M Mcgonagall.

Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Hermione was so excited! She'd been accepted to go back to school! Professor Mcgonagall knew her all too well and got there first. She pulled out another piece of Parchment from the envelope, but this one had the print CONGRATULATIONS in sparkling red ink. It read:

Congratulations PREFECTS, HEAD BOY AND HEAD GIRL

Ravenclaw Prefects: William Grace and Antonia Wassteria-Damera

Hufflepuff Prefects: Alexander Carrem and Sadie Bonnert

Gryffindor Prefects: Lily Harmoniae and Jack Huttlingstone

Slytherin Prefects: Vera Snide and Lucas Rottar

Head Boy: Mr Draco Malfoy, Slytherin House

Head Girl: Miss Hermione Granger, Gryffindor House

Her stomach gave a funny little lurch; Malfoy, Head Boy? Probably in Snape's Will, that. But herself as Head Girl? She'd never really imagined it. But she would have to share a compartment with Malfoy! On September the First! And do her Head Girl duties with him! She tipped the envelope upside down to reveal a red shinign badge with the gold words "Gryffindor Head Girl". A smile appeared on her face.

She ran downstairs like the wind and bradished the letters from Hogwarts to her parents, whose faces were alight with joy; their daughter, Head Girl. They congratulated her and said that they would have celebratory tea that evening.

Hermione rushed back upstairs and wrote a letter to Harry.

Dear Harry

Thank you for your letter at last; it was so nice to hear from you. Good luck tracking down the heirlooms. The owl you sent is magnificent, and Windspeed is a lovely name for him!

I would love to come to get-together lunch on the 30th. It would be a fantastic way to just relax and chat to each other! Especially after everything that happened....

This morning I got a letter from Hogwarts saying that I have been accepted to go into Ginny's year and Professor Mcgonagall has appointed me as Head Girl! I'll tell you more about it when I apparate to Grimmauld Place. Have you been accepted to go back for Seventh Year and complete N.E.W.Ts? I can't believe I have!

Hermione

She tied it to Windspeed's leg, and he soared off into the clear blue sky. Then, she pulled up another piece of parchment and wrote a letter to Ron and Ginny.

Dear Ron

Thank you for the letter; it was really lovely to hear from you.

Of course I will come to the service for Fred; it's the least I can do for your family and I am still very sorry that you lost him. I understand if you want some time alone. If you need me, Ron, I can always apparate to you for a visit - it's no trouble.

After summer I am going back to Hogwarts; Professor Mcgonagall has invited me to join Ginny's year! And I'm Head Girl, so I can't really decline and I really want to take S.P.E.W further so I need top N.E.W.Ts. I just can't wait, please tell Ginny. The next time I'll see you is not really the time to talk about me and good news...

Love from Hermione

She also sent a reply to Professor Mcgonagall, and watched the two remaining owls become fading specks in the clear blue sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936K 16K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
7K 459 18
my first story on my second account Cover by - @sugararmy07
1.4M 38.8K 35
{Here's another Dramione Marriage Law fanfic to add to your large collection.} After the War, the golden trio, along with your other favorite cha...
205K 5.1K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc