The 23 challenges

By Swiftpaths

A once cheerful and go-lucky boy named Ash one day meets a new Professor who changes his life forever. Warnin... More

Chapter 1 (Edited)
Chapter 2 (Edited)
Chapter 3 (Edited)
Chapter 4 (Edited)
Chapter 5 (Edited)
Chapter 6 (Edited)
Chapter 7 (Edited)
Chapter 8 (Edited)
Chapter 9 (Edited)
Chapter 10 (Edited)
Not Chapter but an announcement
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Bloopers... and behind the scenes

Chapter 21

396 11 3
By Swiftpaths

"Alright let's get it straight you can't battle because your Ace Pokemon Srizor is lost," said Ash talking to the Bug-type Gym Leader, Bagu. 

"Yes I don't know what happened she just left," said Bagu crying because he is one of the youngest of the Capri Gym Leaders. "Well did you say anything that might hurt its feeling?" suggested Serena trying to Gym Leader. 

"I don't think so because she was being distant for some time but other than that I don't think I said anything that might hurt her," said Bagu trying to calm himself. During all this Maya was playing with Zorua and Sewaddle but saw what Ash and Serena were doing so she tried something, weird... 

Maya then approached Bagu touched his forehead and closed her eyes. While Bagu and Serena were confused Ash saw a tint of grey glow coming from Maya's fingertips. And just seeing the color from Maya's aura Ash felt huge despair and pain. 

Just from reading her aura, Ash hugged Maya who was trying to focus and let go of Bagu's forehead. "I think that Scizor is not mad at you but it might be a separate reason," said Maya who was placing her hands on her head with Zorua being concerned about her. 

"If she is not mad at me then why did she leave?" said Bagu having a bit of hope knowing his Pokemon is not mad at him. "Wait I think there might be a reason," said Ash looking at his Pokedex, and after a few seconds, he started to smile making everyone confused. 

"Well, it seems that all Scizor and Scyther are getting freaky today," said Ash making Bagu and Maya confused but Serene felt uncomfortable knowing the meaning. "What do you mean getting freaky?" asked Maya and Bagu making Ash now uncomfortable as well. 

"Erm... well you see...when a certain...time Pokemon... would find time to create...babies," said Ash trying to explain it as simple as possible not wanting to mention the Pidgeot and the Beedrill. "Well how do they make babies?" asked Maya and Bagu being to feel curious. 

Ash and Serena were now feeling like a tomato in a boiler as they were not comfortable explaining this, but after some thought from Ash and calming down he came out with a clever and easy answer. 

"How about when you get older I explain it to you," said Ash calming his nerves as Maya and Bagu pouted feeling their question being denied. 

After a while, Serena also calmed downed and turned the topic to something else. "Well, I guess the case is solved I guess we can calm down Scizors disappearance," said Serena making Maya and Bagu smile knowing the Pokemon is safe. 

"So do we want to reschedule the Gym battle?" asked Ash which made Bagu wave his hands rapidly. "No need I have another Ace Pokemon that could be Scizors substitute today," said Bagu smiling being in a topic he is familiar with, battles. "That's great should we get started," said Ash smiling being warmed by Bagu's personality. 

Bagu lead them into an area of the forest with many beautiful flowers and unique bug Pokemon who were very excited to see Bagu with them tackling and hugging him. Seeing the sight made Maya join in with Ash and Serena smiling that them. 

Then it hit Bagu and talked to the bug Pokemon who went on to trees watching from atop. 'It seems that is his ability, being able to communicate with bug-type Pokemon' though Ash smiled and admired the landscape.

"Well I think it would be best if we started this Gym battle," said Bagu filled with energy. "Alright, so what are the rules?" asked Ash remembering that from his recent if not all Gym Battles, he was just rushing in with no idea how many Pokemon the Gym Leader had. 

"Well three Pokemon per trainer substitution is not allowed," said Bagu holding up three-finger and smiling. Ash nodded and smiles releasing Lucario who was ready for the fight. Bagu then released his Pokemon Ribombee who started to dance and fly showing joy and happiness but when saw its opponent turned to be serious making Ash smile at Bagu and Ribombee.

(Bug-type Gym leader[Bagu])

As Bagu signaled the battle, he immediately called for a Quiver Dance with Ash ordering Lucario to use Aura Dance, making Bagu confused. But he had no time to think of that and needed to focus. What he was not aware of was Lucario raising its Sp. Attack, Speed, and Sp. Defense. 

Bagu then continued with his normal plan in Gym battles with him calling for a Stun Spore hoping to paralyze Lucario. But was denied when Ash ordered Lucario to use Bone Ruch and ordered him to spin it like a fan blowing away the spores and hitting Ribombee with the move creating damage to the Pokemon. 

When Ribombee was struck Bagu then called for Ribombee to use Pollen Puff on itself in hopes to recover and it worked but Lucario used Aura Dance again further increasing its stats. After that Bagu called for a Dazzling Gleam hoping it would deal massive damage to Lucario but was quickly nullified with Lucario using Aura Sphere destroying the move and moving forward hitting Ribombee making it faint. 

Bagu then looked and Ash and Lucario and thought of what the other Gym Leaders of Capri said during their call about a strong trainer and placed two and two together. "So it's you?!!" said Bagu in a shocked tone making everyone sweatdrop at Bagu's reaction. "I guessing you were expecting someone older right?" said Ash reading Bagu's thoughts. 

"You have magic too?" said Bagu creating more ruckus and panicking but after a while he calmed down and grabbed a different Pokeball. "Well change of rules it would be one-on-one but you have to substitute Lucario for a different Pokemon since he had stats boosts from our previous battle. 

"Alright, fine with me..." said Ash questioning in his head how Bagu was a Gym Leader but then again every Gym Leader in Capri has a little bit of insane in themselves so he just shrugged it off. 

Ash then called back Lucario who nodded and Ash called upon Bladeon who was hungry for a fight. Bagu then called upon a Pinser who seemed to just be battle crazy as Flader the Fire-type Gym Leader. 

At the Hime Volcanoes, a very specific man was training with his Pokemon until he let out an extremely violent sneeze. "Did someone talk bad about me?" said Flader whose Incineroar burned his face again. 

As PInser got out it flexed its horns accidentally showing its Mega Stone which made Ash interested as the task given by Professor Seri back when Serena joined was to collect more information in Mega Evolution. 

'Well, this is going to be interesting' thought Ash as he prepares for the battle that would prove to be harder than anticipated. After Pinser's interesting display Bagu then Mega Evolved it increasing its power and giving it the ability to fly. 

Ash started with Bladeon turning Offensive using Swords Dance increasing its Sp. Attack sharply, Mega Pinsir used Storm Throw dealing Critical damage to Bladeon. 

Ash called Bladeon into a Defensive Position turning Bladeon's increased Sp. Attack into Sp. Defensive. Ash then called for Acid Armor to raise its Defense. Mega Pinsir then used Swords Dance as Bagu saw what Ash was trying to do but was too late. 

Ash then decided his plan was inset and called for the attack with Bladeon switching into Offensive and using Sacred Sword dealing massive damage to Mega Pinsir as Bladeon was too quick to dodge. After a while of pure silence, Mega Pinsir then fell down and reverted to its normal form fainting from the damage. 

"I did not intend to one-shot Pinsir," said Ash feeling awkward. "It's okay, my Pinsir is a pushover he is heavily focused on offense and not defense," said Bagu clearing up the situation and making everyone awkward.

(Battle End)

After Bagu gave Ash the Bug badge however Ash felt sadness from the Gym leader. "You know Bagu gave me a shock," said Ash which surprised the Gym Leader. 

"You might think you stood no chance but for someone, your age you did quite a damage to my Pokemon without much planning. If you came planned and have your Sxizor you could have really shown me your power. 

And don't think you are the weakest link, for now, you might be but if you continue to improve you could really give the rest of the Capri Gym Leaders a run for their money" said Ash with a smile cheering up the boy who had tears in his eyes and smiled Ash nodding to take his word as he went to play with the forest Pokemon. 

While this was happening Serena's mind came up with an interesting image. 'He's quite good with children isn't he' said Serena's mind making her blush bright red making Maya confused as she was accidentally reading Serena's mind as she came in contact with her.

(A/N: Hey fully active author here with a lot of Chapters as my mind has hit a gold mine of ideas for the Capri Region and I think that this might continue on, but please send help I'm on a lot of caffeine right now and I think I see Arceus itself)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 617 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...
67.6K 1.7K 35
From darkness comes light. From light come darkness. A boy name ASH Ketchum is a champion of alola, Prince and soon to be king of Rota he have everyt...
1.1K 0 16
Ash, unsurprisingly, is a side character in this. (Hey, he's been here enough. Let him rest.) I have no idea how to write a proper description so I w...
289K 5.4K 37
(Still don't own Pokemon or the anime) Ash Ketchum, a young boy from Pallet Town in the Kanto region starts his journey. However, some people don't t...