𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 & 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺 (...

By Themanofculture

In the beginning, things were Balanced, as all things should be. However, for reasons unknown, the embodiment... More

BIO
Prologue- A witches gift
1.0- From Zero
1.1- Bowel Hunter
1.2- Breakdown of the cycle
2.0- The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family
2.1- The Sound Of Chains
2.3- The Meaning of Courage
2.4- Rem
2.4.1- Memory Snow
3.0- Return to the Capital
3.1- The Self Proclaimed Knight
3.2- The Crimson Sea
3.3- The Sickness Called Despair
3.4- The Outside of Madness
3.5- The Greed of a Pig
3.6- Restart Commence: From Zero
3.7- A Mothers Love
3.8- Battle Against the White Whale
3.9- A Flash of Sloth
3.10- Nefarious Sloth
3.11- The Traveller, Self-Proclaimed Knight & Greatest Knight
4.0- A Chance Encounter With the Witch
4.1- A Tea Party With the Witch
4.2- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt I
4.3- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt II
4.4- The HSIℲ˥ƎS Wielder of Flames: Prt III
A Valentines "Short"
Q
A
4.5- Who am I?
4.6- Childhood's End
Another Q
Another A

2.2- REstart

2.3K 111 125
By Themanofculture

(Y/N): Your name

No last name...

(L/N): Last name (False)

Race: Dragonoid

Element(s): Arcane/???/???

Age: ??? (18 Physically)

Normal Speech: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Whispers/Mutters: Like this

Shouting/Serious tone: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

A day has already gone by, and the only lead we have was that Roswaal wears chains... I doubt that thing was him though, nothing he wears looks like it could be used as a weapon. 

It's now a new day and we both went over to the library.

Subaru: Yo.

Beatrice: Every day, you come in here without even knocking. You truly have no manners whatsoever. Leaving would be in your best interest, before you get blown away, I suppose.

(Y/N): Now before you raise your hand and do whatever, we're both here to ask you something.

Subaru: Hai, Hai!! Is there any magic that weakens and kills someone, as if putting them to sleep?

Beatrice: If I must answer, then yes, there is.

Subaru: There is!?

Beatrice: But it isn't so much magic as it is a curse, I suppose.

Beatrice grabs a book and opens it to show us... Now that I look back... I think during the first loop I might have read something about curses... But I couldn't read as well as I can now back then so I might not have memorised the information.

Beatrice: There are many such things among the spells that shamans specialise in.

Subaru: Shamans?

Beatrice: Magicians... However, shamans are a subclass of magic- and spirit-arts users, originating in the Northern nation of Gusteco, I suppose.

I'm looking at the map... And dam... This world really is flat... What the fuck?? How does that even make sense....?

Beatrice: They're all quite useless, and not to be taken seriously. But there is an easier method than a curse, I suppose.

Subaru: Easier?

Beatrice gained a sinister look on her face...

Beatrice: I believe you've already experienced it.

Subaru: Eh? You mean?! That mana drain you did against my will could actually kill me?

(Y/N): Mana is essentially also one's very life force. If someone continually sucks it out, you could die of weakness. The same as if all the blood got sucked out of you.

Beatrice: That is right, I suppose. But you on the other hand...

She eyed me suspiciously....

Beatrice: When I tried to drain you of mana. I sensed something else, I suppose...

Oh right.... She's talking about that...

Beatrice: Something in you was preventing me from draining your mana...

It would work to say that it was Nella... But that wasn't...

(Y/N): Because for some reason. My body works against the natural order... In the places I've "traveled" to in the past. Many have described me as... chaotic... Quite simply... The other energy inside of me has a will of it's own or something like that...

Beatrice: Energy with a will of its own... That sounds preposterous... But at the same time it doesn't seem completely improbable, I suppose...

She walked over to a book case and kept trying to reach for a book.

Subaru: Wait... You're the one who killed me, are you?

(Y/N): You realise how that sounds right?

Beatrice: Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm busy. I couldn't even spare the effort to kill you...

After watching her continuously reach for the book, I grab it and give it to her.

(Y/N): Is this the one?

Beatrice: Hmph.

She snatched it and walked off.

Well, I have other things to worry about than her attitude....

Subaru: Can anyone do that mana-sucking thing?

Beatrice: That's an absolutely terrible way to put it, I suppose. In this mansion, there are only two. Bubby and I. Even Roswaal cannot do it.

Make that three... Nella is able to drain mana... I'm assuming spirits can just do that or something...

Subaru: Oh... It's a pretty rare skill, then. Don't suck up that stuff too much though. Especially from me. I'm really short on blood right now, so I'd die in a heartbeat.

Beatrice: Yes, all of your organs were restored, but your blood wasn't replaced, I suppose. Well, Betty has nos obligation to do so, anyway.

Subaru: My organs?... The way you said that makes it sound like you were the one who healed my wounds. Trying to take the credit from Emilia-tan makes you look bad!!

Beatrice: That silly girl doesn't have the power to heal fatal wounds yet, I suppose.

Subaru: Eh?

Beatrice: She and Bubby stabilised you, and I healed your wounds.

Subaru: HUH?! F-For real? You're kidding, right? I-It has to be a lie-

(Y/N): Dude, I know how much you simp for Emilia, but you should just accept it. I doubt Beatrice is the type to lie about something like this...

Beatrice: I have no interest in stealing credit. It's very illogical and petty, I suppose.

Subaru: But that can't be true! No lying...

Beatrice: Shut up, I suppose. You're too averse to tue truth. Someone not worth saving should disappear, I suppose!!

Subaru: Eh?

Subaru then got blown out the library and out the window....

(Y/N):..... He had that coming....

——————————————

We made some more notes of stuff, although it isn't much... Keywords are Curses and Chains.

I'll be sure to read some books about curses when I next go to the library.

While in my room, I was recommended some Fairy Tales to read from Subaru who didn't know I could already read somewhat... I didn't read the yesterday. But because of boredom, I finally decided to.

When reading them, two stood out from the others. And it was more of a folk tale than a Fairy tale seeing as it's a true story...

"The Dragon's Kingdom of Lugunica"... I finally know why the kingdom was named that.

Some covenant with a dragon made by the royal family... But if the royal family dies out, wouldn't the dragons contract with the family be null and void?... Hmm... I don't think I need to worry about that...

And then... There was the other one...

A story about the witch. The witch who is the so-called epitome of taboo, that many didn't even dare speak her name.

The Witch of Envy.

Timeskip

The fourth day at the mansion. And for once, it seemed like Subaru had a plan.

Unlike the other loops, we decided to leave the mansion...

Emilia: Are you two really sure about this? We could call a royal car to take you to the capital.

Subaru: We'll be fine. You've seen how strong (Y/N) is already. One day, when I'm the kind of strong, smart, rich man who's worthy of you, I'll take you away in a white horse!

Emilia: Do you have a handkerchief? And water, lagumite ore, and... Will you be able to sleep by yourself?

That last phrase makes me very suspicious of the things that could be implied-

Subaru: Now she's acting like my mom?!

Roswaal🤡: Then, Subaru-kun, (Y/N)-kun, be well! Don't lose the gift I gave yooou. I added something equivalent to our three days' worth of memoriiiieees together...

(Y/N) Hush money, right? Yep, we know. We won't say anything, swear to the dragon.

Roswaal🤡: Conversing with you makes any evil scheme lose it's purpose. And in this nation, swearing to the dragon is the highest form of promise. Be sure not to forget it.

Subaru/(Y/N): Ryoukai.

Subaru: You both helped me out a lot. Especially you, Rem-Rin. Thanks for all the great food. Ram-chi.... Ahhh... Yeah! You're good at cleaning the toilets, right?

(Y/N): B.R.U.H

Rem: Nee-sama, Nee-sama... Our guest is hopelessly bad at flattery.

Ram: Rem, Rem... Our guest has a fatal lack of skill in flattery.

Subaru: Yakamashii!!! I seriously couldn't think of anything!!.... Still... Thanks though...

Ram/Rem: Hai.

——————————————

We walked out to the gates and Emilia accompanied us.

Emilia: Subaru, (Y/N)! Thank you for everything. If you ever need anything, come visit anytime.

(Y/N)/Subaru: Sure!

After that, we started walking, but then made a detour up to a hill where you could see the mansion.

Subaru: From here... I can see Emilia-tan's room very well...

(Y/N): Really?

Subaru: Not in a weird way... I can just see it... Now all that's left is to wait for something to happen... And stop it....

Timeskip

Sunset... And so far, nothing...

Subaru: Now that I think about it, I didn't go shopping for Rem this time. Just because the food meant for me was leftover?

(Y/N):.....

Subaru: (Y/N)?

(Y/N):..........

Subaru: Hello?

(Y/N): DUCK!!!

I quickly grab Subaru and jump down from the platform cliff we're on.

A spiked ball connected to a chain collided with the wall we stood next to previously.

And then when I land we begin running.

Subaru: I SAW IT!! I SAW WHERE THE SOUND OF THE CHAINS CAME FROM!!

(Y/N): Dead end!... Screw it... We'll have to face 'em here...

Subaru: If you're going to come then come...

The Morningstar shoots towards us, but I grab the chain and ball while skidding back.

Then I start to tug.

(Y/N): All right! I've got you now, so show yourself!!

Subaru: We've gone through all kinds of shit to see your face!

The owner then starts walking out.

And to say I was shocked would be a giant understatement...

Rem: I guess I have no choice, then. The ideal scenario would have been to finish this without anyone noticing.

(Y/N): What...... Why... How?

Subaru: You have to be kidding.... Right, Rem?

(Y/N): All this time?... It was fucking you??

Rem: If you do not resist, I can make your death painless.

Subaru: Why are you doing this? That's cliché but do you mind answering?

Rem: If someone seems suspicious, punish them. This is the rule of maids.

(Y/N): Does Ram know?

Rem: I intend to finish this before Nee-sama sees anything. But I'll have to take alternative measures for you.

She looks towards me and I narrow my eyes.

(Y/N): That's how little you trusted us?

Rem: Hai.

If that's how it has to be..... Fine.

I take a deep breath in and then I exhale out a green gas composed of Ammonium Nitrate mixed with Anhydrous Hydrazine.

Then I quickly yell-

(Y/N): RUN, SUBARU!!

-Before creating sparks that creates an explosion wherever the gas had spread out to. This created a smoke screen that allowed Subaru to make a quick getaway.

Honestly though... After getting away... Then what? Now that we know Rem is the assailant, this changes everything.

Subaru starts running out from the smoke and through the forest.

And I jump in the air to avoid a hit from the Morningstar that Rem just swung to attack me with.

After I land, I see that Rem had run out of the smoke and ran after Subaru. After landing on the ground, I see her shoot the ball of the Morningstar towards Subaru's leg.

As expected, his leg gets cut off and falls to the ground. He screams again and I scowl.

When she arrives at Subaru, she holds up her Morningstar.

But I don't want another restart, I'm sick of that pain.

I fire a white hot blast of fire composed Oxygen and Acetylene.

It's enough to burn some of Rem's clothes and also burn some skin. She jumps back away from Subaru  and I arrive at her and send a hard punch at her.

I was aiming for her face but she guarded with her arms and then skid back on the ground.

I would attempt to get Subaru out of here. But I know that would make me vulnerable.

Suddenly I hear.

Rem: El Huma!

Dozens of ice spikes form in the air and I grit my teeth in frustration.

I take a quick breath in and then exhale the same green gas while spinning in a circle. Just as the spikes all shoot towards me and Subaru, I ignite the gas with sparks and another explosion gets rid of them.

We're covered with smoke and I'm making sure to try and brace myself.

I hear the chains rattle and then I see the head of the Morningstar shoot towards me.

I quickly jump again but it seems like that was what she wanted.

The Morningstar's chain wrapped around my leg and then I felt Rem tug the chain hard.

I fall into the ground and the air is knocked out of me.

After that I get thrown into the trunk of a tree.

I feel the chain on the Morningstar wrap around me and when the smoke clears I see multiple spikes of ice surrounding me.

Rem: I ask you. Are you a member of the faction that supports Emilia-sama's rival for the throne?

(Y/N): Fuck you!

I inhale again, but then an Ice spike impales my throat and I just feel pain. So much pain...

I want to yell... But I can't even do that.

Narrator's P.O.V

Rem: If I kill you to quickly, you will just come back. So just sit there.

She moves her hand forward and several more ice spikes impale (Y/N)'s body.

She then looks towards Subaru who was still gripping the ground and clenching his teeth.

Rem: Who hired you two? And under what conditions?

Subaru: Emilia-tan's smile, and it was priceless-

Rem: El Huma

Rem created an ice spike and then it impaled Subaru, he started to scream again as Rem wiped some bloom off her face.

Rem: Are you affiliated with the Witches cult?

Subaru: Witches cult? I don't know what that is... My family has been secular for generations—

Rem: DON'T PLAY DUMB!! YOUR BALD-FACED LIES CAN ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR, WHEN THE WITCHES SMELL LIES SO THICKLY UPON YOU BOTH!!! When I watched you conversing with Nee-sama, I felt I would go mad with anger and unrest. Someone associated with the one who caused my sister so much agony, boldly encroaching on the place in which she and I belong... I cannot bear it any longer. Even if I know my sister only acts friendly and pretends to care!

Tears began to well up in Subaru's eyes, he laid on his back and raised his arm.

Subaru: I don't cut my hands when I peel vegetables anymore. I can read and write now, even if it's just the simple stuff. I kept my word and studied. I was able to read those fairy tales. Thanks to you two...

Rem: What are you talking, about?

Subaru: I'm talking about the things you guys gave me...

Rem: I have no memory of any of that.

Subaru narrowed his eyes, but before he said anything, there was a sparking and crackling sound coming from (Y/N).

Both Rem and Subaru looked towards (Y/N) and saw red lightning spark all over his body, and both of them grew alarmed when they saw his eyes.

They had both turned red, were slit and had shoe crosses on both of them. There were also tears coming from his eyes.

Rem: What now?!

The red electricity continued to spark until it started striking all over the place.

Rem had to jump left and right to avoid the strikes.

But then suddenly, a red ball of light had appeared in front of (Y/N).

It formed into Quinella, who had a   distraught and angry look on her face.

Rem: Who are you?

Quinella: Why should I feel obligated to answer a dead woman?

Rem: Nani?

Quinella: She has been roused from her slumber in response to his sorrow and rage. The only option now... Is to go back...

Quinella's sclera turned black and her irises turned crimson red.

The crown that floated around her head changed from white to a deep crimson.

She brought her hands together and a ball of red energy started to build up and become larger.

Rem: AL HUMA!!

A giant spike of ice materialised beside Rem, and it cut through the air towards Quinella.

However, once it got close to her, the spike instantly disintegrated, shocking Rem.

Quinella clapped her hands together, she was then encased in a pillar of red light that continued to expand. It disintegrated Rem, the trees, the grass, even the ground beneath her and once it reached and disintegrated a tearful, Subaru everything went dark.

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Pain.

That's all I felt.

I coughed, hacked, did whatever...

The crushing pain was all I could feel.

Another restart.

After the crushing pain in my chest was gone. I put my hand to my throat... There's nothing there... But I can still feel it...

The pain from having my throat stabbed...

I hate this...

I hate this so much.

Why does this keep on happening?

This pain.

Suddenly...

Everything... changes.

I see shadows in the mansion...

The same kind that I see whenever we're about to restart ...

I get an unpleasant feeling in my chest... Even though the actual pain ceased... It still burns...

(Y/N): Subaru!!

I run down the corridors, and then I open a door.

I see Beatrice inside...

But she's frozen... She's not moving at all...

I walk towards her and wave my hands in front of her face... But nothing...

Time... Froze again??

I run down the corridors again and go to Subaru's room.

When I open the door, I see Emilia sitting besides Subaru's bed.

But both Subaru and Emilia were frozen...

The alarming thing was, I saw a hand made out of shadow phase into Subaru's body.

I blink and then it seems time goes back to normal...

Subaru starts to breath heavily and coughs, as if he's just experienced a great deal of pain...

A crushing pain... Just like whenever we restart...

That crazy shadow love lady was here... But why??

Emilia: Subaru!! What happened... All of a sudden...!?

Subaru: *My body moves. My voice works. My head doesn't hurt. But... The fear is engraved in me...*

Emilia: What's wrong, you've been acting really strange? Subaru, if somethings going on—

Subaru: I have a favour to ask...

Emilia: Okay.

Subaru: Have nothing to do with me.

He then lays on his side... Emilia has a distraught look on her face...

She later leaves and see's me on the way out... But... I can't force myself to make conversation with her...

(Y/N): Sorry... But... I'm not feeling very well... I'd just like to talk to Subaru for a minute and then I'll be out of everyone's hair...

Emilia: Are you okay?? Both you and Subaru are...

(Y/N): I'm... Just..... Exhausted....

After that I walk in... I sit where Emilia was previously sitting...

And I just sit there in silence.

It's like this for a while... But soon enough, Subaru speaks while still keeping his head faced to the wall.

Subaru: I can't tell anyone about return by death... We've died three times... in the capital... we didn't experience a fourth time...

(Y/N): Now that I think about it... When I tried to tell Reinhard and Emilia about return by death.... I died... And didn't resurrect until morning... If we loop another time....... I think...

I didn't finish my sentence... I just go silent and think...

I don't actually remember how we died the last loop... I was just so sad... And angry... But everything after that's a blur... Then I find myself in the same corridor...

Beatrice: Quite the cowardly looks on your faces, I suppose.

I look up and see Beatrice at the door. Must've entered without us realising... And quite frankly... I don't have the mental energy to care...

Subaru: Why are you here?

Beatrice: The brat and Bubby told me to come and check on you, in fact.

Subaru: Puck and Emilia?

Beatrice: Since you were acting strangely, they suspected I did something to you when you first woke up, I suppose. Talk about rude!

Subaru: I get it. I'm okay now. You came to apologise... That's enough...

Beatrice: Why should Betty apologise to you, I suppose? I can't leave until I correct that notion.

She came closer to us and then started taking steps back while holding her nose.

Beatrice: Not only do you look gloomy, but the smell on you both is much heavier now, too.

(Y/N): Smell?

I can't smell anything...

Beatrice: The smell of the witch. I feel it's bending my nose, I suppose.

Subaru: Witch? You mean... The Witch of Envy?

Beatrice: What else in the world would someone mean when they bring up a Witch?

Subaru: Why do you smell her on us?

Beatrice: Who knows. Regardless as someone who receives special treatment from her. You're both a burden.

(Y/N): Not particularity comforting to know we're getting "special treatment" from someone who's name and face we don't know...

But I feel... That she's somehow behind my immortality and Subaru's return by death... That would make a lot of sense..

The crazy person rambling about love and surrounds herself with shadows... Must be the Witch of Envy...

Beatrice: If you have nothing to say, I'm leaving. I'll tell Bubby what you told me, I suppose.

Subaru: Wait a minute! You feel sorry for what you did to me, right?

Beatrice: I do not.

Subaru: I'm telling Puck!!

Beatrice: Tch. Well I might feel just a tiny bit sorry, I suppose.

Subaru: If you regret what you did and want my forgiveness, do me one favour that I ask.

Beatrice: Let's hear it.

Subaru: On the fifth morning. Will you keep us safe until then?

Beatrice: I don't want to bring dissension into this mansion, I suppose. This place is vitally important to me.

Subaru: We don't have any intention of doing anything. I just want to stop sparks from flying...

Beatrice: What an admirable motive for one who leaves even that in the hands of others.

Subaru: For once, I have no response to that...

Beatrice:.... *Sighs* Hold out your hand...

Subaru: Hm?

She takes Subaru's hand and holds it.

Beatrice: I shall grant your wish. I, Beatrice, on my honour, am henceforth bound by this contract.  Temporary or not, a contract is a contract. I'll grant your nonsense favour... But... This applies to you and you alone. If your friend wants to be kept "safe". He should stay in the library. But even then, I'm not obligated to protect him...

Cold... But I got an okay to stay in the library... Directly her this time...

Subaru starts to cry... Understandable... All this time of restarting over and over... And it turns out he could do something like this...

Subaru: Seriously..? I'm gonna cry because of a little girl...

Beatrice: Don't call me a little girl! And if you tell Bubby, you'll regret it, I suppose! Hmph!

Subaru: It's that important to you?... That desperation of yours is fanatical like a demon...

——————————————

After that... I stayed in the library... Subaru stayed in his room...

Even when night fell... I didn't go to sleep. I couldn't sleep. I just read... I read and read, continuously for days...

I didn't eat nor did I go to the bathroom.

I just sat in the same corner and read a multitude of books...

On the subject of books I did get more information about curses...

The only "practical" use for them is killing. So not many people actually use them. And you have to make physical contact with the person you want to curse otherwise it doesn't work...

Rem wouldn't have gone out of her way to kill Subaru if she could use curses...

I have an extremely hard time believing that Emilia or Puck would do something like that... And if I recall correctly, the clown never made physical contact with Subaru...

As incompetent as Ram is... I doubt she could cast curses either...

So it must have been-

Subaru didn't go shopping in the last loop...

I don't know if this is just a coincidence or something... But he didn't get sick that time or die of weakness either...

The loops he went shopping with Rem were the loops he got sick and died of weakness...

The person who cast the curse must come from that village...

But since Subaru isn't working...

He'll be fine...

Moving on.

Timeskip

Beatrice: You can't keep sleeping forever, I suppose.

*THWACK*

Subaru: BOMBADIER!!!

I look up from the book I'm reading and see Subaru had gotten kicked by Beatrice.

Beatrice: I came against my will because its the designated time, yet you seem awfully unconcerned, In fact.

Subaru: Falling asleep on the fourth day, what kind of reckless idiot am I?

Beatrice: Quit your grumbling, I suppose. Sit wherever you want and stay quite like your friend over there...

She guest urges to me and Subaru walks over.

Subaru: Are you alright? You look like you've seen better days...

(Y/N): Sleep deprived... Hungry...

Subaru: For four days?? Seriously?

(Y/N): I'm fine... In truth, before I got this resurrection ability. I was already immortal... But it's the first type. I couldn't die from natural causes... Like old age.. hunger... etcetera...

Subaru: Hmm... Still...

When I think about it... There are many different types of immortality.... The first type... Being that you can't die of natural causes but can still be killed...

Second type being able to indefinitely survive fatal injuries without recovery...

Third being abnormal regeneration, anything greater than being able to regenerate damaged organs...

And then there's the fourth... being immortal because whenever you die, you will simply reincarnate within another body or resurrect at a later point in time.

Due to my lack of mental motivation to be creative... I'll name my ability "Type 4". The same way Subaru named his immortality "return by death".

There are other types of immortality... But those are irrelevant to me...

Subaru: Did you carry me here while I slept??

Beatrice: I'd rather not stay in that room filled with even even worse stench than the one (Y/N) gives off, I suppose. The forbidden library is the only place for me. You need to observe proper manners, I suppose.

Subaru: Beatrice... I'm sure I'm wrong... But you didn't hold my hand while I was asleep, did you?

Beatrice: You're wrong, indeed. Even if Bubby asked me to, I would refuse, I suppose.

Subaru: Flat-out denial, huh?... And-

(Y/N): Don't look at me... I've been in here this whole time...

Subaru: Oof. I'm not sure what Beatrice means by "proper manners"... So hey, are you—

A book came flying at Subaru, which he manages to catch right before it hit his face.

Beatrice: You're annoying me with all your questions! Just stay silent. (Y/N)'s been doing it for three days, it isn't that hard, I suppose.

Subaru:.....

And so we all just sat in silence... And read...

Timeskip

I was unaware of how much time passed. Subaru and I were still reading, but we both looked up when Beatrice uttered.

Beatrice: Calling...

Subaru: Huh?

Beatrice: I've been summoned, I suppose.

Beatrice placed her book down and lifted her arm. The entire room then started to look... Distorted... And I felt weird...

Beatrice: Ahh, you two are here. I forgot, I suppose.

Subaru: Hey, wait, if you go out that door-

Beatrice: I don't care if you want to stay. You'll be safe there, I suppose.

The distortion in this room stopped when Beatrice opened the door.

Door crossing... A Yin magic spell that connects the door of the current room to any other desired door in this mansion.

Subaru stood up and left, I can see the light come through, it's sunrise...

We made it to the fifth day... Hm... All we had to do... was nothing...

After all that time... It was that easy?

I heard Emilia's voice on the other side of the door. She asked Subaru to come with her and asked for my whereabouts...

I was reading a book about magic... But I was intrigued...

I put the book down, walk out the doors and see Emilia and Subaru walking.

I crawl onto the ceiling and follow them on all fours.

I suddenly hear a scream.

What the?

They both enter the room and then poke my head down and look in.

I see Rem... lying on her bed and Ram with her head down on the bedside, crying.

Subaru: Why?... Why is Rem dead?

He reaches towards her, but his hands get smacked away.

Ram: DON'T TOUCH HER!! Don't touch my little sister!!

Roswaal🤡: She died of weakness, it was like she just fell asleep. The method was more of a curse than a spell.

When I hear that my eyes widen...

Curse...

The shaman in the village got to her... Whoever it was... Subaru didn't go with her... So she got cursed instead... I knew it... It didn't make sense for the shaman to be anyone in the mansion... Rem's death proves this...

Roswaal🤡: My dear guest. Do you have any idea how this maaay have happened. After this happened to a dear member of my staff, I seem to be a little bit angry.

Emilia: Subaru... I flew you now anything, tell us.

Subaru:... *I want to spill it all and get it off my chest...*

He can't say anything... If we give information... They'll ask how he knows... He can't say where he got it from... The Witch will silence him...

And if I speak for him... she'll kill me.

And I won't be resurrecting for a long time...

Pressurised wind went by Subaru's cheek and caused a cut.

It ended up cutting one of the lamps, I even had to back up to the ceiling to avoid getting hit.

Subaru: Itaiii!!!

Ram: If you know something, spill it all!!

Ram fired another spell, but it was unexpectedly blocked by Beatrice.

Beatrice: I keep my promises. As long as he remains in this mansion, I am contracted to protect him, I suppose.

Ram: Beatrice-sama?!

Beatrice: Roswaal, he and his friend spent last night in the forbidden library, I suppose. So they surely had nothing to do with—

Roswaal🤡: There is no need to further emphasise the situation at hand. However, to guard him with your life, you must have taken quite a liking to him.

He says this while creating several different coloured orbs of magic over his hands.

I could also feel Beatrice's aura raise.

Beatrice: Save the jokes for your makeup and weird fetishes, I suppose.

Ram: None of that even matters!!! Get out of the way! Let me through. I must avenge Rem! If you know anything. Tell me. Help me... Help Rem!

I can see Ram's tears... And the feeling I had after we most recently reset vanished...

I didn't want to... But I felt empathy...

She lost someone she loved...

It's the most painful thing one can endure...

Emilia:... Sorry... Ram. In spite of all this. I choose to trust Subaru. Subaru, please... I flew you can save Ram... If you can save Rem, please do...

Subaru: I'm sorry...

My pupils thin.

And at that moment there was an explosion. But time freezes again...

The only people who could move were Subaru and I... He continued running down the corridor...

I don't see the shadows...

So.....

Did Subaru do that...

Or was it me?

After six seconds... Time goes back to normal... I jump away from the door and I swing out the window to avoid the destruction caused by the clash of power.

I hear Emilia scream for Subaru, but I stay stuck to the wall outside for the window.

Emilia: SUBARU!!

Ram: I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!

I hear Ram scream from the top of her lungs... I keep crawling up until I made it to the room of the mansion.

Shortly after, I see Subaru run out on the ground floor and run through the gates.

I stand there... And just watch Subaru run....

I breathe in and out... And just sit there...

During that time I also see Ram run out and then soon Beatrice...

I just sit there until sundown, but I hear a voice next to me.

Quinella: He will mostly likely end up getting killed...

Unbeknownst to me, Nella had formed and sat next to me...

(Y/N): I know.

Quinella: What will you do?

(Y/N): Turns out... Sitting still and doing nothing... Doesn't suit me...

Quinella: Will you attempt to help them?

(Y/N): You know I will...

Quinella: Even if you end up suffering more?

(Y/N): Even if I end up suffering... Knowing that I had the knowledge to do something about it... And didn't... Doesn't sit right with me.

Quinella: You barely know those two.

(Y/N): You're right... But knowing them or not knowing them doesn't change the fact that I know how they feel... And I'm just not the type of person to sit idly by while someone else suffers...

Quinella: One of them. Was a cause of your suffering...

(Y/N): Well. I can't do anything about that... Sulking and shutting myself in the library about something that technically hasn't happened... Won't accomplish anything... I don't know why I'm like this... And I don't think aspect of me will change...

Quinella:......Hm... I ask you again... What will you do?

(Y/N): I want to preserve the love between Rem and Ram. They don't deserve to lose the only other one they love to something like this. Whether Rem lives or not. Is solely dependant on whether or not Subaru and I decide to act. This time around. We did nothing, as a result, Rem died... It may not be direct... But now I have sufficient information to do something about it... I will...

I hear Nella sigh to herself.

Quinella: Such a foolish child... But... I don't dislike that about you... On the contrary... It's one of the things that I love about you.

I stand up and look towards Nella, I also hold my hand out to her.

(Y/N): Nella. I want to help Rem and Ram... And I want you help me...

Quinella:.... Well... If it's what my master desires... Who am I to refuse...

She takes my hand and then stands, afterwards we both look out at the sun setting, hand-in-hand.

Narrator's P.O.V

(Y/N): This is going to be...

——————————————

Subaru: OUR FINAL RESTART!!!

Subaru screams that while jumping off the edge of a cliff, Beatrice and Rem running behind him.

Subaru makes his descent while screaming.

Subaru: WE'RE DEFINITELY GOING TO SAVE YOU!!!

*SPLAT*

——————————————

REstart

——————————————

Themanofculture loggin off~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 1.6K 49
She lead a rather tragic life. The black sheep of her family due to her lack of affinity for fire. Her affinity was quite the opposite. Water in fac...
1K 53 4
Due to a request made by a friend?... Relative? (By technicality) Zero decided to take a dive into World-4619 of Set 4. The world of Re: Zero. Howeve...
12 0 1
Prequel to Friend Group Infinity War Our story begins with a teenage enby who doesn't quite have a name, but goes by X. X has bad trust issues and al...
200K 3.4K 48
A/n: This will probably my biggest story I've thought of so far, and possibly one of the most dark and fucked up stories I've written so far. Y/n was...