Crossing the gangster

By lovewrites1601

. "What the hell is he saying?" I asked smith, who was still persistent on not meeting my eyes. "He is tellin... More

chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Announcement
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

Chapter 2

2.9K 73 22
By lovewrites1601

"That's right, you have just been sold to the gang leader," chris voiced my thought, his voice holding a tone of amusement even as I found my knees locking. What the hell did my family just sign me up for?

Turning on my heel, I walked off after a moment of uncomfortable silence with all the confidence I could muster. Hiding how my lip quivered, how razor-sharp fear filled my eyes and how my hands trembled uncontrollably.

My own brother, the only family left that I considered family left that I considered mine, had fucking backstabbed me. It felt as if the earth, the very ground I walked on, shook beneath me as it too understood the fuel of my anger and pain.

But yet no matter how much I tried, even in the safety of my room as I sat on my bed, the tears brimmed in my eyes refused to streak down my cheeks as the mercy of crying my heart out was also violently snatched from me.

I wished it was a joke, my brother popping in and laughing at my trembling, hunched figure but alas, I knew it wasn't for life was not always kind.

The foolish who saw only the good in people, a person I once was a few years ago, were stupid to not see the day coming when they start seeing the demons concealed in the fake smiles, the whispers about you behind your back and that people change people, opening your eyes to the reality that shone upon you.

"Pack your things, I'll come get
you tomorrow," chris ordered from his position against the doorframe. I lifted my head to shoot him a venomous glare, if it wasn't for him and his stupid gang I wouldn't be here in the first place.

A flash of surprise crossed his features before it returned to his normal confident expression once again as he stared me down. I refused to be scared of him but I knew my actions chose whether I would live the next day, month or hopefully, year.

I do and will always fucking hate Chris walter with every pore of my body.

With that thought, even more of the hatred that was boiling inside of me, simmering quietly, filled my eyes, turning my irises that once resembled a calm ocean, a stormy blue. But before either of us could part our lips to spill the retorts just brewing on our tongues, someone called for chris and after throwing one last smirk, he left.

"I will never make it easy for him, living with me," I muttered quietly, vowing to myself as I started to pack my entire closet into four suitcases.

.....

The next day came far too fast for my liking, wrapped up in my blankets before my alarm sounded. Waking up with a jolt, I tumbled out of bed before shooting daggers at the blue alarm clock perched on my desk, seemingly smirking down at me.

It was only then did I realise the time, internally cursing myself. Because it was Friday, I had set my alarm clock for 7 am, forgetting to switch it off since it was evident I was not going to college today. Heck, I didn't even know if I could ever go back to the place that stirred up a mix of emotions within me, one I should hate like every other child yet I was grateful for it gave me hours of peace from my father and the messed up place I sadly call home.
Standing up, I glanced around my near barren room- all the photos, paintings and everything that gave it a lived in touch removed. The only thing signalling that this room was ever used was the unmade bed and the outfit I had laid out for today.

Tying my hip-length brown hair with the blonde highlights I had recently gotten into a messy bun, I made my way to the shower; all the while convincing myself that everything would be fine in chris's house. But as the steamy water pelted down on my body, relaxing my muscles but not helping the paranoia building up within me- I came to the conclusion that no way in hell would I live a month in the West Gang's territory and I might as well kill myself now.

But why did my thoughts flitter back to my brother and think that in some way, me committing suicide would negatively impact his life? Why did I care anymore when he didn't give two shits about my life?
Maybe it was because he had done so much for me, especially working hard to pay for my school fees and sacrificing his university degree. Maybe because deep down, I knew he wouldn't let harm fall upon me. Maybe it was because when we found out my mother left, he had to mature up so fast just so he could hold me in my arms while whispering soothing words to calm my cries.

He was going to see me off and promise me everything is going to be okay and he would live up to his word. If what I thought about my brother was true, then he was going to wrap me in one last hug before chris took me away from the house that I cried my heart out in but also weaved my dreams for a better future.

With a last sigh, I wrapped myself in a towel and stepped out of my room, quickly throwing on a black tank top and ripped denim shorts. I slipped on my ring, the last gift that I received from my mother and always had on me no matter the occasion.
After all her last words were to protect myself and inside this ring was a built-in, sharp knife that would have to work if I had no other choice. Grabbing the pocket knife on my bedside window, I slipped that into my pocket along with my phone as I headed downstairs.

If it wasn't for the four large suitcases that I dragged behind me, one would think I was going on a vacation and not a permanent trip to hell. At that thought, the devil himself rang the bell and I groaned in frustration, making my way to open the door.

The house held an eerie silence for a moment and I wondered whether anyone was still left at home, whether anyone bothered to see me off for the life they condemned me to. But why did I have this gut feeling that this was so much bigger than my mind was comprehending?

Still, it hurt, almost like a knife had pierced into my heart and now someone was twisting it
slowly, laughing as I slowly shrivelled up from the pain. It hurt that no one bothered to see me off, that my brother did not care enough to stay and tell me this was all a joke. That he and chris were the best of friends from school and that they were just pranking me.

But the sinking of my gut reminded me that this was all too real and that my family actually sold me out, not bothering to ponder that with this dangerous man I may not even live to see another day. But I knew that if I had a chance to, it would be if I kept my own and so I had to be confident, confident to not let the devil see the cracks in my armour and slapping plasters to keep the holes from expanding.

Making sure I masked my emotions carefully, I opened the door to reveal chris standing there, his lips dipping into a slight frown. "What took you so long?" He barked and I didn't respond, keeping my head high. He didn't own me.

Within a flurry of movements, I felt my head snap upwards and I was forced to meet his darkened irises, swirling with anger that surely matched the emotions in my own. "When I ask you something, you respond, clear?" Fury lacing his tone as his fists clenched at his sides.

"Crystal," I responded sarcastically, walking past him as I left the task of dragging my bags out to the two burly men who stood on either side of him. Another stood right in front of the door, opening it for me but keeping his eyes trained on his master behind me.

As I was sat in one of the sleek white Porsches, I couldn't help but admire the quality of the car as its tinted windows and leather seats gave it a pricey vibe. Chris took a seat in the shotgun, another man clad in a black leather suit already seated in the drivers' place.

"Three rules that you have to follow," chris told me as we sped off, not once looking back to make eye contact as his eyes were trained on the outside of the car. "No talking back, Obey my orders without a moment of hesitation and respect my men. Understood?" He demanded as if I were his slave.

"Yes, your royal highness," I answered, muttering the last three words under my breathe. He clearly heard them from the way his shoulders visibly stiffened but pretended to ignore the insult I just delivered him.

When we pulled up at the house, awe was an understatement to what I felt. Although I refused to let it show, my heart raced at the prospect of living HERE.

It was beautiful; modern yet holding an antique touch to the colossal structure. I know many houses could be more expensive and maybe even prettier than this one, but the way it stood with such grandeur made me hold back the slight gasp bubbling in my lips.

But of course, as we entered, my moment of delight had to be ruined by the one and only, chris walter

"I know I didn't blindfold you on the way here but don't even try and leave the house. There are guards posted around each exit as well as a code that allows you to open the door. And any room can be locked from the outside so be careful on what you do," He told me, his voice monotone as he surveyed me.

Of course, why didn't I think that the high walls surrounding this house in the middle of nowhere could also serve as a dungeon; especially for people like me who would hate staying here.

But the one thing that I wondered was; was this my new home or just a jail?

TBC
What do u think will this new place will be her new home or jail ?

Will she ever be able to love her family again ?

Will she be able to make friends here or everyone here will her enemy ?

Do share your reviews for this questions.!
Author's note :- updates for this story will be slow ! This time it will be really slow and I mean it hope u guys will still support me .. once my exams are over I will surely try to update regularly but till then u need to wait .

Thank you for reading

Do vote and comment ✨💝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 609 33
"I could kill you," he grins holding the gun to my temple. "I wouldn't be scared," I reminded him. He trails the gun under my chin lifting it, allowi...
239K 5.7K 79
53 Chapters. (Completed) I pushed her back and she landed on the bed with a slight bounce. She swallowed hard and her right hand shot up to her stoma...
637K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
4.8K 413 28
-A MAFIA ROMAMCE- -3rd in the DAYDREAM AWARDS! - ~•~ "Elijah!" my sister ran back into the café as I finished paying for our order we had, worry was...