Marvel's The Titan (Male Read...

therealneil2000 tarafından

You are Y/N L/N, and under strange circumstances, you gain fantastical abilities. Let's see how your story un... Daha Fazla

Intro
A Strange Encounter (Iron Man)
First Night Out (Iron Man)
Hero Life/Surprises (Iron Man 2)
Spider's Aren't So Bad (Iron Man 2)
Recruitment (Avengers 2012)
Meeting My History Project (Avengers 2012)
God-Fighting Machine (Avengers 2012)
Kid In The Room (Avengers 2012)
First Monster Fight (Avengers 2012)
Live Up 2 The Name (Avengers 2012)
Wartime Baby (Avengers 2012)
Earning My Stripes (Avengers 2012)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Crashing This Ship (Winter Soldier 2014)
Boss in Trouble (Winter Soldier 2014)
New Player In Town (Winter Soldier 2014)
On The Run, Great (Winter Soldier 2014)
Into A Birds Nest (Winter Soldier 2014)
Winter Battle (Winter Soldier 2014)
My Order's (Winter Soldier 2014)
Quitting in Style (Winter Soldier 2014)
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Gang Is Back (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Party Time Problems (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Witch's Wicked Ways (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Slight Detour (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Metal Poisoning (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Evening The Odds (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Petal 2 The Metal (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Eye Of The Titan (Age Of Ultron 2015)
Voting Time
Captain America: Civil War
2nd Favorite Spider (Civil War 2016)
Problem After Problem (Civil War 2016)
Switching It Up (Civil War 2016)
Bones 2 Pick (Civil War 2016)
Debate Team (Civil War 2016)
Winter's Return (Civil War 2016)
Breakout Decisions (Civil War 2016)
In Queens (Civil War 2016)
Airport Battle (Civil War 2016)
Fractured 4 Good (Civil War 2016)
Voting Time (Part 2)
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Invasion (GOTG 2016)
Welcome 2 Space (GOTG 2016)
Locked Losers (GOTG 2016)
Going Knowhere (GOTG 2016)
Cherry Bomb (GOTG 2016)
Small Vote
The Guardians (GOTG 2016)
Just A Question
Avengers: Infinity War
Before The War (Infinity War 2018)
Earth Is Closed (Infinity War 2018)
Reunion Of A Lifetime (Infinity War 2018)
Two (Infinity War 2018)
War Of Wakanda (Infinity War 2018)
Clash Of The Titans (Infinity War 2018)
Final Assault (Infinity War 2018)
Avengers: Endgame
Aftermath (Endgame 2018)
One More Chance (Endgame 2018)
Five (Endgame 2023)
The Get Togethers (Endgame 2023)
Newfound Hope (Endgame 2023)
The Plan (Endgame 2023)
Whatever It Takes (Endgame 2023)
The Final Battle Pt.I (Endgame 2023)
The Final Battle Pt.II (Endgame 2023)
Finale (Endgame 2023)
Voting Time (Part III)
Black Widow
Stay-At-Home (Black Widow 2023)
The Fighting Spirit (Black Widow 2023)

Return 2 Action? (Black Widow 2023)

9.3K 287 296
therealneil2000 tarafından

(Y/N REALLY MANAGED TO BAG THAT WOMAN ABOVE. CAN YOU SAY "HITTING THE JACKPOT?)

ANOTHER LENGTHY UPDATE FOR YOU ALL, SO TAKE A SEAT FOR THIS ONE.

I GOT TWO SURPRISED CAMEOS IN THIS CHAPTER THAT YOU WOULDNT GUESS. BE READY FOR THOSE.

GOING BACK TO A QUICK BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN ATLAS AND IRINA LAST CHAPTER, WOULD WOULD WIN 1V1

2008 HULK OR RAGNAROK/INFINITY WAR THOR

__________

-NIGHTTIME-

After the distraught talk with Deadpool, Y/N went straight into his bedroom and shut the door, calling it a night. Which was strange to Irina and Atlas because he would usually either tuck them in or atleast tell them "goodnight".

Both children, especially Atlas, was worried. So much so that he couldn't fall asleep like he wanted to. To take his mind off worry, he brought a few snacks to bed and watched a few YouTube videos on his iPhone.

While sitting up in bed with his back against the headboard, Atlas lets his curiosity get the best of him and remembers what Deadpool brought up earlier.

The five year old goes on Safari and begins typing away on the keyboard. "What is a harem?"

Before he can press the blue "go" button, his door creaks open and he quickly stuffs his snacks under the covers. He didn't bother putting away the phone because Wanda, like his mother, would be more upset with food in his bed rather then in his phone.

"Bedtime, young man." Wanda says as she comes into his room. "You know the rules. Lights out."

Atlas pouts as he shuts his phone off and sits it on the nightstand to the right of his bed frame. "Fine."

Wanda stands right next to his bed, her eyes giving him a suspicious look as she holds her hand out. "You know better, Atlas. Give me the food you got hidden under the covers."

Atlas is taken back, looking at her as if she has grown a third eye. "Umm, I don't know what you're talking about."

Wanda raises an eyebrow, her hand still held out with no amusement in her face. "Atlas."

Seeing that she won't give up anytime soon, Atlas groans as he lifts his bedcovers up and retrieves a large bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos and two packets of Skittles .

"Hand them over."

Atlas reluctantly gives his snacks to the Sokovian woman and pouts like the five year old he is as he flops himself down on the bed.

"So much like his father." Wanda can't get over the fact how much Atlas reminds her of her best friend. She never got to meet Y/N as a small child, but she can't help but imagine he acted this way at Atlas age.

She puts the junk food on the foot of the bed as she goes and tucks the boy in, sliding the covers all the way up to his neck as she sits on the edge of the mattress. Wanda gently rubs her hand on the side of his face with a small smile, noticing just how troubled Y/N's son is.

"Is Dad gonna be okay?" Atlas asks her innocently. "He didn't say goodnight to us. He usually does with me and Irina."

Wanda also noticed that. Y/N didn't even come out the hallway after his little spat with the Merc...just went into his room and shut everyone out. But whatever it was, it wouldn't keep him down forever. Not Y/N.

"Of course he will." Wanda answers as she carcasses the boy's cheek with her finger. "Your father is a strong man. The strongest one I know. He can get through anything."

Atlas enthusiastically nods his head. "He's the strongest Avenger. Even with a bad arm."

Wanda can see that Atlas truly believes that, and she won't ever disagree with that. "When is mom coming home? I miss her too. She's gone a lot."

Wanda gets a bit of a sad look on her face as that was a question she couldn't truly answer. "I...I don't have the slightest clue yet, Atlas."

Seeing that he sighs in dejection, she tries to fix it. "But she should be back soon. That I can promise. Your mothers strong. And before you know it, she'll be the one tucking you in again."

"Okay." He finally gives in and turns on his side, signaling to Wanda that he's "tired."

Maximoff gives his head a soft pat before standing up and grabbing Atlas snacks from the end of the bed. As she goes to turn off the lights, Atlas remembers what he saw in her head a while back.

"Wanda?"

She turns to look at him. "Yeah?"

Atlas goes to speak, but nothing comes out, nothing he is ready to say out loud atleast. Wanda waits for him to tell her what he wants, but all there is is an uncomfortable silence and wavering eye contact between the two.

Atlas finally breaks the silence. "Never mind. Goodnight."

Wanda gently smiles in his direction as she flicks the light switch down. "Goodnight."

___________

Atlas waits a couple minutes after Wanda shuts the door before throwing the covers off his body. But instead of getting up to get his phone or turn on the television, he lifts up his shirt and puts his hand on his slightly round stomach and applies a certain amount of pressure and energy.

His eyes immediately go from green to pure white as he collapses back onto the bed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Atlas knows he shouldn't be using his chakra, or how he likes to call it "super duper powers", like his mom and dad tell him not to, but sometimes he can't resists and finds his astral form not inside his head or anything, but the space between time and realities.

It's a vast space, much too big for a five year old to comprehend, but after a few visits, Atlas got used to it. And if it weren't for the help of the Old Man , Atlas would have never gotten around to figuring out his powers.

It was almost like exploring numerous television channels, with very different or very similar shows playing throughout. Atlas could easily view and walk into any timeline or reality he ran into, but he couldn't interact, influence, or talk with them...not yet anyway.

Two of his favorite realities to look at is a cartoon version of Earth, where there is a Spider-Man in a black and red costume named Miles Morales and the other being a world where the Justice League comic book group is actually real.

"So cool.." Atlas squeals as he was thinking of visiting that world again, but something in his head is pulling him towards another. It feels almost...sinister. Cold, but familiar.

In total, the Old Man has only allowed Atlas to visit seven alternate realities and three events in the past. He was not allowed to see into the future nor delve too deep in the past, but whatever it was that is giving him chills, is obviously not good.

So, like a good boy, he goes towards it anyway.

"Hope the Old Man doesn't catch me here..."

Atlas puts a bit more effort into his steps and sticks his hand forward, the invisible barrier of the future splitting like broken glass. He doesn't take more than one second to walk through, and he soon finds himself flying over a large body of water.

"Aaawwessomme!!" Atlas yells out as he spreads his arms out like a bird and goes a bit faster, the wind blowing his hair back. He doesn't even care if he can't control whatever is happening to him, he likes it. He likes it a lot.

No more than a few minutes later, does he see large mountains and tree ahead. He feels his body start to slow down in the air, descending further and further down as the young boy even spots a small cabin.

His feet eventually land on the grass, his small body wobbly from his air time flying. Atlas regains his balance and looks around at his new surroundings. He doesn't feel cold nor warm, he doesn't feel much of anything really.

"Where am I?" Atlas wonders to himself as this place doesn't seem familiar to him at all. It felt almost sad in a way, the total opposite of himself flying a few seconds ago.

He doesn't know what it is, but whatever is in that cabin is subconsciously calling him to come in. Whether it was the breeze that flies past his ears or an actual voice, he follows it's command and enters through the door.

His feet creek the floorboards below, a rocking chair slowly going back and forth in the corner as if someone has just gotten off of it. This place felt every heavy with energy, Magic or whatever.

Atlas notices the curtains are all drawn in, leaving the cabin dark and shady all throughout. He even hears a teapot whistling on top of a stove, with who is clearly a woman with brunette hair tending to it.

Young Atlas can't make out who it is, as he can only see the back of her, but it isn't enough to make him want to find out as his feet carry him towards the back, in a tight hallway with a few doors on each side.

His heart starts to beat a bit faster as the five year old steps into a small room with a bed, nightstand, etc. There is no true light source as the curtains are also closed...all expect a red, scarlet hue in the corner.

L/N turns his head and almost jumps back in fright.
He sees Wanda, but she's different. She almost looks like a ghost, a projection. She's wearing what seems to be red robes and regalia, and even has a intricate red tiara on top of her head.

But what is really freaking Atlas out is the fact her eyes are red, she is floating in midair and a old decrepit book is in front of her, flipping it's pages.

"Aunt W?" Atlas asks with apprehension, his body edging closer and closer to her without his permission. His hand is extended forward as if he wants to take hold of the book as well.

"Aunt Wanda? Is that you?" He asks again, but unlike the first time, she seems to hear it as her head perks up, mouth slowly open in surprise.

"Uh oh! Did she hear me?" Atlas is frightened, but his body doesn't seem to want to listen to him, edging closer and closer to her. Atlas wants to start panicking, the red energy with dark hues within lapping around the room like wildfire.

Right before it comes in contact with the boy, Atlas feels a hand behind him pull him on his shoulder, the sound of glass shattering erupting loudly. Atlas closes his eyes shut for what seems like an eternity as he knows exactly whose behind him.

"Not the old man..."

"I thought I warned you not to enter into the future, young Atlas? Do you not wish to heed my words?"

(YEAH, SO ATLAS IS PRETTY OP FOR A FIVE YEAR OLD...HIS POWERS MAY PLAY A ROLE IN THE FUTURE.)

________

While Atlas was off in a distant future and Irina and Wanda asleep, Y/N ventured to spend the night in his sizable lab built besides the master bedroom. The name Wade gave him has been troubling him since it was uttered.

He puts his palm flat on the hand scanner and waits as the door slides open. He opted not to wear his arm cast so his damaged right arm is left dangling to the side. As Y/N walks in, the lights flash on and the lab is on full display.

His old costumes, weapons, equipment and files are decorated accordingly throughout. With the help of Tony, this was something Y/N was really proud of building up, but now isn't the time for admiring, it is time to investigate.

Y/N walks towards the middle, where his supercomputer lies ahead and waiting for the voice command. "Active T-Computer."

The screens come to life as the Titan symbol is the first to come on, followed by schematics on one screen and updates on the others. Y/N walks up to the main screen and begins typing away on the keyboard with his left hand "Taskmaster."

"Taskmaster, heh?" Y/N repeats out loud as he shakes his head. "Sounds like something you order from a late-night infomercial."

He looks through files upon files on the name, most of it unrelated to what he's looking for. But he eventually finds something related to a figure known to the underworld part of the city. There is a blurry black and white image of a figure with a hood, but his face is obscured, with only the yellow eyes visible.

"Damn it...this doesn't prove anything. Whether he's a folk lore, mercenary or a fucking scam to scare people."

Y/N is lost at the moment, nothing he has in front of him giving him answers as to how this is connected to the Black Widow's. Did it have something to do with that Dreykov that Natasha told him about? "But Natasha said he died in the explosion..."

L/N decides to go through some daily news, not that it would hint at this Taskmaster and his motives, but he does so anyway.

AFTERMATH OF THE DECIMATION: CAN THE WORLD TRULY RECOVER?

DOCTOR OTTO OCTAVIUS: FOUR LEGGED MAD SCIENTIST ON THE LOOSE.

SPIDER-MAN: HERO OR MENACE?

NORMAN OSBORN—ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT. WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?

SOKOVIA ACCORDS: STILL IN EFFECT

SILVER STREAK SPOTTED NEAR MOON. DELUSION OR NEXT ALIEN INVASION?

WILSON FISK—LEGIT OR LOWDOWN?

Y/N angrily shuts off the computer entirely, frustration practically rolling off him. He rubs the bridge of his nose as he truly hoped this Taskmaster wasn't truly after the Widow Assassins.

Because that would mean This Taskmaster would be after his wife. And NOBODY fucks with Y/N's wife, regardless if he's crippled or not.

He steps away from the T-computer and instead goes over to a wall where he has his swords and staffs on mounts. Y/N hasn't touched any of these since shortly after Thanos snap, for he thought he had no real reason to after gaining the Rinnegan.

The former Sharingan wielder eyes up one of the hilts in the middle and slowly grabs it like it's made of glass. Being the expert swordsman he grew up to be, he had to learn how to use both his left and right hand in combat.

Y/N looks down at his limp right arm, which was his more dominant one. "Yeah, in case some shit like this happened."

The Avenger takes a few practice swings with his left arm, slicing through the air over and over again. It feels comfortable, it feels natural, it feels like an urge to go out and cut a couple sons of bitches in half.

Wanting to try something, he holds the sword downwards towards the middle of his legs, more so closer to the right side. With training effort, he slowly lifts his right arm inwards to grab the hilt with both hands.

But his heart almost breaks; as soon as he manages to grab it with his cracked arm, it starts to slightly shake and vibrate, like it was rung like a bell.

"Damn it..." Y/N curses as his right arm doesn't have much strength to it. He can't seem to hold the sword steady as he tries to put equal weight on both hands, no matter how much he focuses.

(KIND OF DEPRESSING. Y/N WENT FROM BEING ARGUABLE THE MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE WORLD TO NOT EVEN ABLE TO HOLD A SWORD WITH TWO HANDS. DAMN.)

But he doesn't let sadness overwhelm him, he can't allow it. Someone is potentially out to murder his wife, and he'd be damned to just sit around in sorrow and feel sorry for himself without doing something about this minor obstacle.

Y/N simply holds the sword with his left hand, gripping it as tight as possible as he looks down at his right, slowly trying to flex each finger, a sense of raging fire in his dark, unyielding eyes.

"I need to get back to being a badass...."

______________

-TWO WEEKS LATER-

"Uhhhh...can I go back in my room now?" Atlas whines as he sits at the table, with a plate of eggs and pancakes in front of him.

"No, Atlas. Not until you finish eating your breakfast." Wanda calls out behind her shoulder as she is watching I Love Lucy. "You heard what your father said."

"But he's asleep right now." Atlas points out. "And besides, you're watching this boring old show. Can we watch American Dragon Jake Long? It's suppose to come on this morning."

(AMERICAN DRAGON JL WAS A GOATED SHOW)

Wanda resists the urge to roll her eyes, but instead giggles. "A) I Love Lucy is NOT boring. And B) The quicker you eat your food, the faster you can go back in your room and watch it."

Atlas huffs, but does as he's told, nearly stuffing his mouth with pancakes. "How come she gets to hog the family tv?"

It's been two weeks since Atlas recklessly looked into the future. He didn't understand what Wanda was doing in that moment. Sure, he's seen her use her powers plenty of times, but what he saw was different. It was dark. It almost felt evil.

And based on what he saw in her head earlier, maybe he is right to be slightly hesitant.

But his time to think over it more is interrupted as a door opens up in the hallway. Atlas thinks it's Y/N but immediately deflates when he sees it's just his sister. Irina, with her red hair tied in a long ponytail and Bluetooth speaker in her pocket, comes out doing an En Pointe ballet technique.

"No, not you." Atlas groans.

Irina seems completely in bliss as the song "Breathe by Breaking Benjamin." plays through her speakers. Her eyes closed, lips twisted in a smile, she seems to be in her own world as she dances towards the kitchen to get food.

"Yes, me." She replies as she reaches for a bowl, but doesn't forget to greet Maximoff. "Good morning Aunt Wanda."

"Morning, Irina. You seem in high spirits today."

"Aren't I always?" She asks rhetorically as she does a quick spin with the bowl still in hand towards the countertop. She grabs a box of Cookie Crisp and pours herself a generous amount.

"You're so weird..." Atlas mumbles lowly.

Irina turns around on her heels and glares at her younger brother. "Says the one that claims to be Uber smart and doesn't know his timetables."

Atlas is clearly offended. "I do know them."

"Oh really?" Irina asks the five year old as she smirks. "Then what's eight times thirteen?"

Irina knows she got him as he widens his eyes and begins counting with his fingers rapidly, mouthing out numbers silently. She scoffs as she walks over to the refrigerator to grab the milk. "A hundred and four."

Atlas pouts and hits the table with his hands. "I knew that. You didn't give me enough time to say the answer."

Irina smiles over her shoulder. "If you're so smart like you say you are, you would've gotten it in three seconds."

Although Wanda is watching the television, she can't help but overhear the children's back and forth. It reminded her so much of her and Pietro when they were small in Sokovia...with their mother and father.

KNOCK KNOCK

With reaction speed that would give Peter's Spidey Sense a run for his money, Atlas and Irina whip their heads towards the door, expressions identical.

"I'll get it!"

"No, I will."

Atlas leaps off his chair, while Irina puts the gallon of milk down and begin dashing towards the door.

Wanda is more suspicious, and uses her hex magic to freeze the children where they are like a freeze frame. She turns the volume on the tv down and doesn't take her eyes off the door as she slowly approaches it.

"It's like I'm Mr. Incredible when he was frozen by Syndrome." Atlas elates as Wanda's energy keeps him stuck in a running position.

"What a drag." Irina thinks in her current predicament.

Wanda eventually gets to the door and opens it swiftly, only to sigh in relief and undoes her magic on the children, causing them to fall flat on their face. "Natasha! You're back!"

"That I am." Natasha laughs as the two women embrace, having not seen each other for quite some time. "How are you, Wanda?"

Wanda pulls back and lets the woman of the house come in. "I'm doing great. The kids certainly keep the days interesting."

Natasha can't help but agree as she looks around at her humble abode. "You're right about that. Speaking of which-"

Atlas and Irina groan as they slowly stand to their feet, a bit shaken up, but nothing they haven't been through before. Atlas is the first to see his mother walk towards them. "Momma!"

"Мама. Вы вернулись!" Irina cries out as they both practically run towards Romanoff and wrap their thin arms around her waist, smiles on their faces.

"Wow, did someone miss me?" Natasha carcasses their heads, truly missing the sound of their voices. She is truly grateful every day for the bundles of joy embracing her at this moment, for she thought it wouldn't have been possible for most of her life.

Atlas looks up at her with big emerald eyes, just like hers. "Yep! Every day!"

Irina simply buries her face in her mothers waist, simply answering with a nod.

"Did you fight a lot of bad guys?" Natasha knew her son would ask her these questions. Atlas loved getting into Avengers business. "Was there a final boss battle? Did you bring Uncle Steve's shield for me to play with? Did you record the fights?"

"Atlas, Atlas." Natasha giggles as she runs her fingers through his black hair. "Calm down. We'll get to talk later."

Irina pulls back to look at her mother. "Later?"

"Mommy's pretty beat up right now," Natasha says, exhaustion and stiffness racking throughout her entire body. "And she needs to rest for a bit."

Wanda is off to the side, her face masked with no clear expression. She simple watches the interaction between mother and children. Wanda gives nothing away to how she's feeling, what she's thinking...and what she wants.

"I'm sorry." There are a few tears running down the young Sokovian woman's eyes. She slowly leans into Y/N and gently presses her lips to his as the last of her beautiful face disappears into the wind.

"Um, Nat?" Wanda blurts out, getting the attention of Natasha and her children after the kiss ends in her mind. "I'm going to the compound and visit Pietro. See how he's doing."

Natasha nods, holding her kids at either side. "I understand. And as always, thank you for taking care of my family. You're welcome here at anytime, Wanda."

Wanda returns a small but sad smile, her eyes glancing at Atlas and Irina, with the former tilting his head just slightly, as if waiting on her to say something.

But Wanda doesn't—she simply gives them a curt nod, whispers ever so softly to them to tell Y/N she left and walks out the door, leaving without as much as a second glance, leaving the family of four to themselves.

Natasha, being the former agent and spy she is, noticed something was off. "Is Wanda okay? You two didn't misbehave while I was gone, did you?"

"No."

"Absolutely not."

Natasha gives them both suspicious looks but decides she really needs a much needed nap, but begins to look around. "Where's your father?"

Irina points her thumb behind her shoulder. "In your guys room. He's asleep."

This gives Natasha an idea, an idea neither one of her children need to know about. She gently nudges them away. "Why don't you two head off in your rooms. You can tell me all about what you did when I wake up."

"Okay, momma." They both reply as Irina dashes towards the counter to grab her now soggy cereal and carefully walks to her room, shutting the door behind her with her foot. Atlas simply runs to his respective room, eager to hop on the PS5.

Natasha waits a couple seconds for the children to get settled before making her way into her room. Slowly opening the door, she slips inside quietly so she doesn't accidentally wake up her husband.

She removes her coat and sets it down on a chair before she stands behind the foot of the bed, staring at Y/N sleeping on his back, his face as calm and serene as still waters, his chest slowly rises before falling.

Nat can't help but admire her husbands face. He seems almost childlike, innocent and beautiful. It didn't matter to her that her love lost his hair color, that he became more frail and lost most of his power, he would always be the most stunning being in the universe in her eyes.

But she can't let that get in the way of the fact that he's vulnerable at the moment. He can't protect her like he wants, like she knows he wants to. And Natasha would do everything in her power to make sure he was protected. She vowed it next to his comatose state many weeks ago.

__________

-FLASHBACK-

ONE DAY AFTER THE SNAP.

"Your husband will live, Mrs. L/N."

Natasha doesn't take her eyes off of Y/N and doesn't respond to the news the doctor was giving her. The doctor keeps explaining what's going on, "The nurses and doctors are doing everything they can for him, but right now it's all up to him to come back to us."

Natasha takes another step forward to Y/N but remained in shock on just how vulnerable and frail her husband looks. It almost looked like a stranger to her, but that was just her own hysterics talking.

Y/N's wife starts to tear up as she gazes at his half bandaged face from the doorway. The incredibly strong agent is being torn apart by watching the strongest man she knows reduced to this. It's almost painful to witness, her lip quivering as a result.

The male doctor confidently puts a hand on her shoulder. "Go to him Mrs. L/N. Maybe your voice will have an effect. Just talk to him as if he was awake."

With a strained nod, Natasha walks forward and pulls up an armchair, and positions it right next to the head of the bed but doesn't sit. Instead, she stands over him and caresses his bandaged arm, then caresses his face, even the scarred side.

Her tears continues to fall slowly. Natasha then combs his hair gently with her hand, "Y/N. It's me, Nat." She then gently touches his face, "You saved me, my love. You saved all of us." Her voice cracks as she speaks, "And I've been trying to stay strong for you, for the children. I thought I lost you. And now...now that I know you'll live, I need you to come back. I need you to come back to me, мой маленький воин."

There is no response from Y/N as he remains in a deep slumber. Natasha begins crying. She continues to interchange playing with his white hair and caressing his cheek. "Please, wake up, fight and come back to me. I love you so much. I will always love you."

There is nothing but silence. She sits down on her chair and lays her face against his chest. Romanoff gets up again to plant a kiss on his chapped lips and a kiss on his forehead. She smiles through her tears and decided right then and there that she was going to be the one protecting him.

_________

-PRESENT DAY-

As Natasha lets that memory run it's course, she notices that he looks a bit better. His skin has returned to its natural color, and she sees both arms are ontop the covers, and they seem to have filled out just a tiny bit, with his right arm still mangled with scars.

Natasha can't help but smile with pride as she bends over a bit and stares at her slumbering husband, simply taking in every detail. "Y/N...oh, Y/N.."

The urge to simply touch him becoming too great, she walks over to the side of the bed.

"Y/N?" She whispers, brushing some of the hair out of his face.

"Hmm..?" Y/N mumbles as his eyes open. It takes a few moments to adjust before becoming fully awake and surprised. "Nat?"

Romanoff giggles at his dumbfounding look and carcasses his cheek. "Hey there, Prince Charming."

Y/N scoffs playfully. "Prince Charming? That's a definite downgrade."

Natasha has missed his sense of humor, it almost never failed to make her laugh. She sees he's trying to sit up to greet her properly, but she gently pushes him back down. "No, allow me."

Natasha surprises Y/N yet again as she starts to get on the bed, but rather than laying beside him, she lifts one of her legs up and begins straddling his waist, making sure not to pressed against his arm.

"Woah.." Y/N lets out as he can already feel himself getting rigid down below. He carefully grips Nat's waist with his good hand, noticing the sultry look his wife is giving him. "You are definitely allowed."

She brings her face down towards his, her breath ticking his lips. "Then allow me to greet you properly."

That's the last thing she says before smashing her lips against his for a hungry kiss. It held all the desperation for the love and affection she sorely missed these past couple weeks, and it's reciprocated with just as much force.

Y/N returns the kiss as his hand grips her hip with a bit more force. He feels her tongue pushing against his teeth, trying to reach the inner parts of his mouth to which he happily gives access to. Natasha moans loudly out of pleasure when Y/N's tongue begins to wrestle with hers and she holds onto both sides of his face in a desperate effort to kiss Y/N even harder.

Natasha wants to touch him everywhere, all at once. She is so happy to see him again, so aroused that she can't even think straight.

__________

Unbeknownst to the married couple, Atlas and Irina are on the other side of the door, with the youngest pressing his ear against the surface.

"Mom and dad are being gross again.." He whispers as if he has just been fed a spoonful of medicine.

"They're obviously busy in there. We should go." Irina whispers back a bit more harshly, not wanting to hear her parents kissing one another.

"But mom said she would be sleeping." Atlas pouts as he tries to reach for the doorknob. "I want to talk to her."

Irina grabs his wrist. "Well obviously she changed her mind. Leave mommy and daddy alone. We'll see them when they come out."

___________

Natasha starts to get wet as she kisses down her husband's neck, frantically trying to lift up his shirt. Y/N can't say he isn't enjoying it, he's relishing it in fact as his moans get louder and louder.

"Fuck, Natasha...I..I don't think we put a silencing seal on the door."

Natasha simply moans against his neck, her tongue swirling against the smooth skin, but the moment gets ruined as her knee accidentally pressed down on his limp arm, sharp pain shooting up as a result.

"Argh!"

Natasha immediately ceases all activity and covers her mouth in horror. "I'm..I'm so sorry." She quickly scrambles off his lap and sits on her knees beside him, not wanting to get too carried away.

Y/N curses as he involuntarily flexes his scarred fingers, his teeth clenched together tightly, his face one of slightly anguish. "It's okay, Nat. I'm okay. Let's just sleep for now. We'll talk later."

With nothing more than a nod, Nat crawls over to his left side and cuddles with him like holding a teddy bear.

"I love you, Y/N." Natasha whispers as she snuggles into his chest, closing her eyes. The comfortable warmth from Y/N's body helps lull her to sleep quickly.

Y/N pecks her forehand with a kiss. "I love you too." His own eyes begin to grow heavy and Y/N takes a moment to pull up the blankets before sleep overtakes him.

____________

When Y/N wakes up a couple hours later, the first thing he notices is the lack of Natasha on his chest. He looks around for a moment before his lips frown when there isn't any trace of his wife in the room.

Fortunately, Natasha comes back into the room a split second later...carrying a tray of food in her hands.

Y/N breathes a sigh of relief. "I thought you had left for another mission without telling me. Geez woman."

"I'd never do that to you." Nat reassures before she sets the tray down. "I have lunch for you incase your hungry."

Y/N smiles in response. A smile that almost makes Natasha blushes when he flashes it. He sits up in his bed and carefully straps his arm-cast on, and sits on the edge of the bed. "How was the mission? Did you find Victor?"

Natasha immediately gets nervous and swallows a lump in her throat. "We...we did. Or, at least we THOUGHT we did."

Y/N can't hide the groan that escapes his lips, his body sagging. He for sure thought the intel he collected would lead them to him, or atleast his base of operations, but it seemed Doom was three steps ahead. "What happened?"

Natasha climbs up on the bed so she is kneeling behind him. She places her hands on his shoulders and begins to knead the muscles, she can feel the tension. Y/N closes his eyes, enjoying the feel of her hands on his skin. Slowly he begins to relax.

"We got to a desolate castle, which we figured was where he was located. But it turned out it was just a couple of Doom's robots." Natasha is still bitter over it. "It caught us off guard and gave us a bit of trouble...but we took care of it."

Y/N feels like she's missing something. "Did they say anything?" Natasha continues to massage him, her small fingers traveling from his shoulders down to his back. "Anything to you specifically?"

"Well, one of them said I reminded him of someone named Susan. That I had the same fire in my eyes as her. But the name doesn't ring a bell to me."

"Susan? I haven't a clue either." Y/N repeats, also not familiar with the name. He glances behind his shoulder, a guilty look on his face. "I'm sorry, Nat. For wasting you and the team's time."

"Don't apologize." Natasha whispers as she brings her lips to his ear. "Let's stop talking about me. How have you been?"

"Well..." Y/N begins, taking a moment to consider his words. Natasha's ministrations are easing the ache in his body. He feels calmer than he has been for a while now. "I've started to move around more. Working my muscles around a bit. Getting a bit more active with the children and whatnot."

Natasha smiles. "I've noticed. You know you don't have to strain yourself. Take one day at a time and DO NOT think you have to push yourself. Let me take care of you now."

A flash that could be associated with guilty appears on his face for a split second. "I understand. But I just want you to know a few of the guys invited me to go bowling tonight. They've missed me being around and such."

Y/N is prepared for Natasha to say no, but to his immediate surprise, she nods. "Sounds good."

"Really?" He turns his head to look at her. "You sure?"

"Of course." Romanoff agrees. "I don't want to hog you all to myself...but then again, that wouldn't be so bad." She finishes the last part with a whisper as she presses her soft lips against his.

"You have fun today, alright?" She says as their lips pull apart. "I want nothing but strikes from you."

"Oh, I'll be getting strikes..."

_____________

-ONE HOUR LATER-

Y/N volunteered to take Irina to ballet practice, to which Natasha questioned if he was really up to it. He convinced her it was just driving and that he didn't really need two hands to do it.

"Driving my children is the least of my worries." He promises as he gives his wife a quick kiss and tells Irina to get in the car.

(TO MY READERS THAT HAVE YET TO GET THEIR LICENSE OR SUCH, DRIVING IS EASY. TRUST ME. JUST PAY ATTENTION AND GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE.)

"Can we go to the convenience store so I get a snack before practice?"

"Sure."

Irina is currently listening to music with her earphones, seating in the passenger seat, while Y/N is controlling the wheel with his good hand, his eyes glued to the road ahead, and tuned into the radio station playing throughout the car.

As they come to a red light, Irina takes out one of her earphones and adjust herself sideways on the seat. "Daddy?" She asks as she turns down the volume on the radio.

"Yeah?"

She points at the beanie he is wearing, covering his white hair. "Why do you keep wearing that whenever we go out?"

Y/N gets a bit confused, trying to keep his eye out for the tracklight to turn green. "What, this?" He points to the black beanie. She nods. "You know why, Irina."

The red hair girl shakes her head. "No, I don't. Tell me."

Y/N lets out a sigh, reminded of his physical faults. "Because your Dad doesn't want people to see his hair, that's why."

Irina gives him a mystified squint. "Why not? You look fine to me, Daddy."

Y/N chuckles. "I'm sure I do, sweetie, and to your brother and mother-"

"Don't forget Uncle Leonidas."

"And him too." He adds, noticing the light turning green, prompting him to put his foot on the gas. "But to everyone else, they may give me certain looks. Like I'm weird or something. Plus with these scars on my face and such...I'm just not at my best at the moment."

"Oh...well..." Irina begins as she gives her full attention to Y/N. "Who cares what they think? I know why it's like that. You saved the world. They should be cheering for you, it shouldn't matter how you look."

"If only it were that simple." Y/N shrugs as he takes a left turn in the turning lane. "I'm just not totally comfortable with my appearance at the moment."

"Well I think you're really handsome." Irina says confidently. "Even with white hair."

"Aww." Y/N slightly blushes as he lifts up his casted arm a bit towards her. "I would pinch your cheek right now, but you know..."

Irina flashes him a smile identical to Natasha. "I know." There is a comfortable silence in the car, no music, no air conditioner on, just them and them alone.

"I hope you get better soon, Dad." Irina whispers, almost out of sadness, facing forward in her seat as she doesn't bother to put earphones back in.

Y/N feels his bottom lip tremble a bit, but he holds it together as he focuses on the road ahead.

"Me too, Irina. Me too."

_________

-CONVENIENCE STORE-

"OUR FIRST BAD GUY IN NEW YORK...THIS WILL BE TASTY!"

Mr. Anderson, the clerk behind the register, looks in bewilderment as one moment, he was being held gunpoint by a robber, and the next, said robber is being threatened by a large creature made of...black goo with crazy sharp teeth.

The male robber seems to trembling from head to toe, piss traveling down his pant leg. "W...what is t-t-this? What a-are you doing?"

"WE WOULD GIVE YOU A WHOLE SPEECH ABOUT PROTECTING THE INNOCENT ," The creature begins as if it's really thinking, "BUT WE'RE STARVING..."

Anderson looks on as the creature opens it's rather large mouth filled with rows of razor sharp teeth and eats the man in less then two bites, feasting on his body with ease.

"Well damn..." The cashier is slightly taken back as the creature begins to shrink in size, and before he knows it, it's revealed to be the man that walked in a couple seconds ago before the robber.

The brown haired man takes a second before burping loudly, giving the cashier a slight head tilt. "You...don't seem too bothered by that just now."

Anderson take a couple seconds to answer before shrugging. "Sir, we live in a world full of super powered freaks...nothing surprises me any more."

"Touché." The man replies as he points to the aisles. "I'm just gonna..."

"Go ahead." Anderson waves him off. "And whatever you buy is on the house."

"Sweet." The customer smiles as he goes ahead and gets what he needs. He begins talking to himself. "So..what culinary delights will tickle the pickle tonight?"

"Tater tots and chocolate. Get them now, Eddie."

"No problem."

The bell at the door rings again, and the cashier lets out a quick "hello."

As this Eddie guy goes into the fridge section, he hears small feet slap against the floor, running in his direction. He pays it no mind as Irina looks for a snack in the aisle Eddie has his back turned to.

"Irina? Slow down! Don't go off with me!"

Eddie fidgets with the tatter tots bag as the voice in his head eggs him on to get more. Y/N looks down every aisle until he spots his daughter, who grabs a bag of Hershey's Cookies and Crème drops.

"There you are." Y/N sighs in relief as he walks up to her. Eddie feels a smile form on his lips as he does his best not to ease drop on a father scolding his daughter.

"Hmmm..."

"What is it?" Eddie whispers under his breath.

"That man behind you....he has a familiar scent about him..a lingering one. Lets eat him!"

"No!" Eddie retorts rather loudly, garnering the attention of Y/N and Irina, who look at him.

"Uh...s-sorry." Eddie apologies awkwardly as he turns and faces the open freezer once again, his voice a bit quieter now. "We only eat bad guys, idiot. Do they look bad to you?"

"...No."

"Then no eating." He hisses, just as Y/N leads his daughter away from Eddie and to the cashier to pay. "And what did you mean he had a "familiar" scent?"

The creatures takes a minute to answer. "I don't know! Now stop stalling and get our food!"

(YEAH...VENOM IS IN THE MCU ALREADY. WHO KNOWS, HE MIGHT PLAY A PART IN ANOTHER MOVIE ARC..)
_____________

-8:00 PM- -LAB-

Y/N is wearing nothing but black jeans and a plain white shirt. He makes sure to put the files he has on Taskmaster saved on the T-Computer before shutting it down.

The Avenger goes over to his equipment and picks out various gadgets like a sword, kunai, grapple gun, wire, you name it, to take with him on his "bowling" trip. It feels sort of nice to get back into the action, no matter if he's not a hundred percent up to par.

He places them in his duffel bag, intending on passing it off as a bowling one if his wife ever asks.

As he throws in some cargo pants, armor plating to protect his chest and stomach area under his shirt, and his cloth half mask, he stops and stares at a large silver compartment that's sealed off, with the only way to open it is via a code and an eye scanner.

"Ffeeeddd....I...ne...ed...to feed...."

The scratchy voice repeatedly calls out to Y/N from within the large glass capsule it's trapped in, but he ignores it as best he can as he zips up the bag and carries it out the lab.

__________

-DINING TABLE-

"About time you got out of there." Natasha smirks as Y/N comes into view, gently placing his bowling bag against the wall. "You got everything you need?"

"Sure did." Y/N returns a smile of his own as he takes a seat.

Natasha quickly stands up and clomps a good sized portion of mash potatoes on Atlas plate, who looks rather happy to finally get to one of his favorite things about life: eating.

"спасибо мама." Atlas shows off his bilingualism, thanking his mother as he starts to dig in.

Irina rolls her eyes across from him at how sloppily he eats. Y/N and Natasha are sitting at each end of the table, with the former looking rather nervous/excited for something to happen.

Natasha notices Y/N is texting on his phone, a smile on his face. "Do you have to text at the table?"

Y/N doesn't look up from the screen, rapidly tapping away with his only good hand. "Uh huh. Yeah."

Natasha sighs. She turns her attention to Irina, who has her earphones in, slightly rocking her head back and forth with her eyes closed, going along with the music.

"Young lady." No response. Natasha taps her fork on the table, getting her daughters attention. "Take your earphones out. You know the rules."

"Sorry." Irina says as she takes both out and begins eating, her body still recovering from the grueling ballet practice.

"So..." Natasha says a bit loudly as she places both hands on the table, a false smile on her face. "How has school been for you two since I've been gone?"

Atlas is eager to answer, going over anything that is anything, excluding the back and forth with Ms Brackman of course.

"I also beat this guy in a push up competition." Atlas announces likes it's the greatest thing ever. "He only got to six, I got to fifteen!"

"Oh wow." Irina says sarcastically. "Good for you. What did you win? Good grades for once?"

"Shut up!"

"Stop, you two." Natasha warns as she looks to Y/N. "Honey?"

Y/N is still on his phone, pulling up a projection of a grapple gun before pushing it back down into the screen. "Kids, you know better."

Atlas and Irina swap glares, voicing just by their eyes alone that this isn't over.

"So Irina." Natasha starts with a forced smile. "How was school?"

"N-nothing." She shrugs. The seven year old REALLY didn't want to get into anything related to school at the moment.

The Black Widow notices the little hitch in the girls voice. "Really? Are you absolutely sure?"

Irina doesn't look in her mothers direction, instead finding the food on her plate rather interesting.

"Fine." Natasha backs off. "I'll ask someone else then."

"Shit..." Y/N stops what he's doing on his phone and also stares down at his plate. He knows exactly what's coming next.

"Y/N." The said man winces at his name being called. "Care to tell me what happened with Irina at school?"

"N-nothing." L/N says with little to no bass in his voice. "She was a good girl."

"Y/N...look at me." Natasha orders, her voice nothing but authoritative. It takes some time, but Y/N eventually looks up from his phone and returns hesitantly returns her eye contact.

"What happened while I was gone?" She asks again.

Y/N swears Natasha has him in an invisible vice grip  around his entire body right now. He can't seem to move as the situation gets strangely tense.

"You promised Irina you wouldn't tell. You promised Irina you wouldn't tell."

Y/N turns his attention towards Irina, who pleads with her eyes for her father not to break and tattle-tell.

"Hey, don't look at her." Natasha says, tearing Y/N's eyes away from the seven year old and back on her. "Look at me."

Y/N looks like he has to pee, his knee getting fidgety under the weight of Nat's glare. He even tries holding his breath, because he knows as soon as he opens his mouth it's over.

"Keep it together...keep it together...keep it-"

He breaks. "Fine, I was called into the principal's office because Irina was caught using her powers again in class."

"Dad!" Irina shouts out in despair.

"Oh my god, it's over.." Y/N takes the biggest sigh of relief as he holds his chest. He sees that Irina is giving him the meanest glare she can muster for a little girl, and he starts to feel guilty.

"I'm sorry, honey, it's just that..." Y/N spares a glance at his wife, who is busy glaring at their daughter now. "Your mother has power...unseen power."

Atlas is too busy laughing to himself, holding his stomach and mouth.

Irina gets angry. "You think this is funny?"

"I...I do." Atlas just barely manages to let out between giggles. "You're such a troublemaker! I wonder what Tony would say about that..."

"THATS IT!"

Irina thrusts her hands towards Atlas, causing 10 chakra threads to emerge from each fingertips and attach themselves to his arms.

"Hey!" Is the last thing he cries out before Irina starts controlling his hands to slap himself across the face, one hand after the other on each cheek.

"What's funny now?" Irina laughs as her fingers move hypnotically with the strings, Atlas arms hitting his face faster and faster.

"Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?"

"Stop it, Irina!" Natasha shouts as she is prepared to stand up. But before she can, Atlas's green eyes turn translucent blue with a ominous look, and Irina's chakra threads vanish into thin air.

Irina feels something like a heavy wind blast slam into her chest and she instantly throws up everything she had eaten that day in front of her.

"Ew, gross!" Atlas cries out as even he didn't think he could make her puke.

"You two are unbelievable!" Natasha yells out.

Irina wipes her mouth, nothing but madness on her face. "That's it!"

She lunges across the table at Atlas and they start wrestling. Y/N is absolutely deflated at this point, continuing to stare at his phone, frantically asking the person of interest when they will get-

The Doorbell rings, causing everyone to freeze, with Y/N having a big smile plastered on his face.

"Finally."

Atlas and Irina quickly resume back into their original seats as Y/N quietly goes over to answer the door.

"Cage!" Y/N exclaims as Luke Cage, in a tight yellow shirt and jeans stands in the doorway.

"Hey, Uncle Cage!" Atlas yells out with a wave.

"Hey, little man....hey Nat." Luke waves back.

Y/N quickly walks over to his chair and grabs his coat and bag. "I'll see you guys later."

Irina is the only one to perk up. "Where you going?"

"Bowling night." Y/N reminds her as he kisses her on the head, walks over to the other side and does the same to Atlas, before going to Nat and giving her a long kiss on the lips. "I'll see you all later."

Natasha resigns. "Say hello to Jessica for me, Luke."

"Will do!" He replies as Y/N quickly exits the doorway. Luke goes to follow but is stopped.

"And Luke? Make sure my husband comes home without a scratch." Natasha warns. "Or I'll make sure unbreakable skin of yours cracks like an egg."

Luke gulps as he adjusts his collar. "Sure thing. Without a scratch. Got it." And with that, he quickly leaves in a much faster hurry then intended.

____________

-MINUTES LATER-

Parked in the L/N's driveway, Y/N hops into the back seat of Luke's sedan and throws his bag to the side. He sees someone already in the car and smiles.

"Danny, what's up." Y/N greets the man waiting in the passenger seat. Danny Rand aka The Immortal Iron Fist.

"Nothing but the sky above." Danny says as they fist bump, just when Luke sits in the drivers seat and starts up the car.

Danny immediately sees something is up. "You good, man? You looked...spooked."

Luke ignores the question and turns back in his seat to look at Y/N. "Hey...you sure about this? You know, with your arm all messed up and what not?"

Y/N laughs. "Come on, I've told you I'm fine like a million times. What, did Natasha say something after I left?"

Luke denies it with a shake of his bald head. "No...it's just...would actual bowling be so bad? I mean, there's no chance of us getting hurt or-"

"Will you shut the fuck up and get this car going?" Y/N laughs as he sits back in his seat. "You guys needed help with this nightshade, taking out henchmen problem, so let's go. I need to get my feet warm."

"Y/N's got the right spirit." Danny observes with a cheeky smile, turning towards Luke. "Where'd yours go?"

Shaking his head at his own complicity, Luke puts the gear in drive and takes off.

Y/N begins to close his eyes, wanting a little moment of peace before having to embark on being violent once again.

"Hope I don't screw this up."

(Y/N GONNA GET BACK INTO ACTION SOON. THINK HE'L DO OKAY?)

________

-LONDON-

A woman dressed in black combat attire is pinned down on the floor of an abandoned apartment room by a masked figure with green LED googles.

The woman on the ground seethes and struggles under the weight of their adversary, trying to get the upper hand, but is punched across the cheek.

A vial of red gas is taken from the masked figure's waist pouch and immediately sprayed in the woman's face, distorting them for a moment as the substance begins immunizing the brains neuropathways from external control.

The dark haired woman takes a moment to clear her head as she feels herself being lifted up by her hand.

"You okay?" The muffled voice of her now rescuer asks gently.

"I..." She shakes her head as she stumbles towards the balcony part of the complex, needing some fresh air. "I will be. Just give me a moment."

The masked man or woman nods as she remains inside, simply waiting for the former Black Widow to get her bearings together. She leans against the railings, her back facing the wide view of the city below.

"Thank you." She says with a clear mind, a smile on her face that hasn't been there in quite some time. "Thank you for freeing-"

A loud pitched whistle can be heard cutting through the air, causing the masked person to take corner cover out of instinct alone.

Seeing that they haven't been hit, they come out of their cover only to find the Black Widow they just rescued with a hole through her eye, her body shaking violently.

"No, no, no..." They chant out as the Widow begins stumbling back, blood flowing down their now destroyed eye socket, mouth and remaining eye widen open with shock and dismay.

The masked person tries to reach them, but it's too late as the body falls over the railing and seconds later, impacts the floor below with a loud THUD.

The mask curses to themselves as they get a grappling gun and fires it near the edge of the balcony, clips the end to the belt on their waist and descends down the structure.

They get to the body of the now deceased Widow and is horrified to not only see the bullet wound through the eye, but also the fact their leg was now broken when they hit the ground.

The angrily tear the mask from their face and faces the direction from where the sniper fired from, revealing themselves to be Yelena Belova, sister to Natasha Romanoff.

Several buildings away, a lone figure is crouching down on one knee, taking their eyes away from the scope and grinning under their mask.

"Another spider down." Taskmaster quips as he begins reloading his Blaser R93 Tactical Sniper rifle. Next to his feet is his equipment bag where his orange and silver shield is resting on top of, to which he grabs and attaches to his left forearm.

The mercenary looks behind him, where there is little nothing a small built in structure for shade. "Keep the other one on her heels."

At once, five figures emerge behind Taskmaster, each equipped with swords and or pistols on their hips. They are also hooded with black hockey masks, each with a different large number on their right shoulder.

They all immediately leap off the edge of the building and go on hot pursuit of their next target, one that has already taken the hint and is on the move.

"Not you." Taskmaster adds as he hears footsteps slowly get louder behind him. "Those suit wearing fuckers don't want you tested on this one. You wait for the big fish, Walker."

"Understood." The figure answers immediately as they come into view, wearing a white and red suit similar to Captain America.

Taskmaster puts his sniper in the duffel bag and zips it close, but not before strapping two identical Widow batons on his hips.

_________

The high speed chance is in full effect, with Yelena leaping vaulting over obstacles to avoid capture from these amateur mercenaries. One manages to get too close as they begin firing rounds at her, but none connect with flesh.

Yelena quickly spins in the air and with expert precision, manages to fire a Widow Bite into their chest right before they can lunge at her back, causing them to roar in pain and tumble onto the ground.

The others ignore their associate as they make a mad dash towards the blonde Widow. Two of them continue to fire in her direction, but nothing lands into their intended target. She vaults over a parked car and hides behind it for cover, presses her back against the door.

"Where is she?!" Number Four screams as they jump over the same car, not seeing her watch them from above. "She was just here!"

Yelena quickly pulls out her Glock 26 and aims it square at the back of Mercenary Number Three. From several yards away, the bullet fires out the chamber and hits them right in the back and pierces the kidney.

The other mercenary stop what they're doing and look down to see one of their own wither on the ground, sneering in pain as he holds his lower back.

Yelena throws a smoke bomb in their direction, distorting them long enough to jump over the car and make her escape.

"Who the hell were those guys?" Belova asks herself, simply willing herself to get far away from this area as possible, ignoring the strange looks from the bystanders watching along the sidewalks and homes.

She eventually gets to higher ground, rooftop, resting on one knee to reserve her energy, her breath slightly hitched. One moment she saved yet another sister from Dreykov's control, and the next, witnesses her death.

A crunch of dead leaves behind her prompts the Widow to pull out her gun and turn around, pointing it straight at Taskmaster, who has his shield strapped his left forearm.

"Yelena Belova." The masked man greets, not even dazed by the firearm aimed at his heart. "You are a hard woman to track."

"Who are you?" Yelena demands as she slowly begins to move to the side, her eyes and gun trained on him the entire time.

A groan leaves behind Taskmaster's mask, annoyed. "You know, every Widow I've encountered has asked that same question. Maybe I should get it plastered across my chest."

"Every Widow?" Yelena is slightly troubled by that revelation.

Taskmaster drags his finger from one side of his chest plate to the other. "What do you think? I think it would look good with your blood after I turn in your pretty little head."

Yelena immediately fires two shots at Taskmaster, but he easily deflects them by holding his shield up. Yelena puts her gun away in frustration and decides to rush him instead.

"There we go." Taskmaster smiles as he gets into a defensive stance, clutching his shield a bit tighter and making sure to keep an eye out for her movements.

Yelena pulls out her twin batons and begins mercilessly slashing towards his head and body. He either dodges with his whole body with sidesteps, or deflects with his shield.

"Argh!" Yelena is annoyed by how effortless her opponent is evading her strikes and kicks. She feigns towards Taskmaster's leg before striking at his head, but he easily blocks it with his shield.

"Not bad." He says before pushing her away, creating some distance between the two of them. Yelena watches as he puts his shield on his back and takes out two identical batons from his waist and gets in a stance almost eerily similar to her own.

Taskmaster waves her over with one of his batons. "Bring it."

Yelena relents and begins slashes at Taskmaster again and again like a whirlwind. But, to her surprise, Taskmaster easily blocks all of her attacks.

After several moments of this, Yelena begins to realize something. Taskmaster isn't just blocking her and striking back. He's doing it the same way as Yelena. Within seconds, she realizes that Taskmaster is perfectly mimicking her fighter style.

The two cross batons, struggling against each other. As they do, Yelena growls. "You're imitating me."

"There's no fighting style I can't master," Taskmaster responds with a smirk before shoving Belova back and jumping up to kick her the chest.

She is surprised by his flexibility and strength, which seems impossible for someone built like him, but as the blonde continues to strike at him with a mix of strikes and leg kicks, she realizes he is good...VERY good.

As she tries to get through his defense, Yelena tries to shoot him in the head at point blank, but he knocks the firearm out her hand with one hand before flipping over her head and kicking her in the back.

She falls forward on her knees but quickly gets up and tries to kick him in the throat, but he grabs her ankle before it can make contact with his mask.

"Try again." Taskmaster taunts as he grabs her throat and throws her back several feet away, her body almost falling off the edge of the roof.

Taskmaster has nothing left to say as he pulls out a explosive dart from a pouch, clicks the head of it and throws it at her with little regard. It starts to rapidly blink red, with Yelena's eyes open with surprise.

BOOM!

Although the explosion erupts, Yelena falls off the edge of the building at the last second, with only a minor burn wound on her upper thigh.

The explosion also caused Taskmaster to cover his mask as smoke and slight amount of debris kick up everywhere from the attack.

When the dust settles, the hired mercenary walks over to where Yelena was last seen and peers over the edge, only to see nothing but the street below.

"No matter..." Taskmaster quietly says to himself as he puts away his weapons and pulls out a small touchscreen phone, where he sees the tracker he planted on her show that she is moving rapidly. "I'll collect you soon enough."

Taskmaster leaps off the building and after getting a call from one of his students, eventually finds them huddled around their fellow mercenary, who is bleeding heavily on the ground from the gunshot wound and has just taken off his mask.

Once they see their teacher coming towards them, they fall back and allow him to check on Number Three, whose blood is pooling under him. He struggles to speak.

"S-sorry, sir.." He winces as it's beginning to get harder and harder to move. "She *koff* got me..."

"I see that.." Masters says matter-of-factly, not seeming that interested that one of his own is dying.

"Forgive me..."

Taskmaster finally gives his attention to his dying student, peering down at him behind his skull-like mask. He stands over the bleeding protégé and pulls out his handgun. Three gets fearful that his teacher will put him down like he was nothing but a mere animal.

"You're forgiven.." But instead of shooting his wounded student, Taskmaster holds the butt of the gun to Number Four.

"Four. Take this and Shoot Number Three."

Four is taken back, almost to the point where she staggers back, looking at the butt of the gun extended towards her. "W-what?"

"You heard me," Taskmaster smiles under his mask, gestures the gun towards Number Four. "Take this...and shoot Number Three."

She can't believe what she's hearing right now, as do the other students around them. She looks down at Three, who is also in disbelief over what his teacher said.

She stares at the gun held out to her. "B-but.."

"If you don't take this gun from my hand in three seconds, I'll shoot you between the eyes and kill Three myself."

The other students look on in anticipation as Number Four's hands get a bit shaky on her sides. Will she do it? Taskmaster's piercing yellow eyes await her decision, while Number Three continues to suffer from his bullet wound.

"Three..." Taskmaster begins counting down, causing Four to stiffen up. She looks panicked at being put on the spot. Walker eventually catches up to them, not seeming winded at all from running such a great distance.

"Two..."

The rest of Taskmaster's students are on their toes, awaiting what Four with do as she looks at her fellow partner on the ground bleeding. She doesn't know if she can do it, but if she doesn't, her life is forfeited.

"Don't let me get to One." Taskmaster warns, the air surrounding them getting heavy.

Four, with a uneasy sigh of release, takes the gun from Taskmasters hand, and points it down at Three's forehead.

Three doesn't beg, he doesn't plead for his life, all he does his give her a small nod and closes his eyes.

Taskmaster stands besides her and leans to whisper in her ear. "I thought I made myself clear. I said to-"

BAM!

She fires a single bullet into Three's forehead, who gasps a snall "urk" as he falls back into the small puddle of blood on the ground, dead on the spot.

Four almost seems overwhelmed as she looks down at Three's frozen expression, blood trickling out of the entry wound. No one makes a single noise or movement as they all stare down at their now deceased associate.

Taskmaster is the first to do anything as he reaches down and grabs the gun from Number Four's hand. "Let's make one thing clear.."

BAM!

Number Four can't even react in time before Taskmaster shoots her directly in the temple, her body dropping to the ground next to her comrade that died by her own hand seconds before.

Blood splatters all over Taskmasters mask and hood, but he pays it no mind, looking down at his former female student on the ground with a fresh bullet wound in one side of her head and out the other.

The remaining three students don't seem fazed as they have lost yet another associate, blood already starting to pool beneath her head.

Taskmaster puts the handgun back into the holster on his hip and turns to face his lackeys.

"There will be no weakness in my students. No hesitation, no mistakes. If I tell you to fight, you do it. I tell you to jump, you jump. If I tell you to kill one another, you do it."

Number One, Two, and Five nods at once, standing at full attention. Walker simply remains idle, being in the military, he's been apart or seen crazier things happen.

"I don't take shit like that-" Taskmaster points at the corpse of Number Four, "-around here. She was weak and unfocused. How do you expect to do a job well done if you're hesitate? Hm?"

Taskmaster gets in each of their faces peers into their eyes, waiting for one for them to speak up and say how unfair and harsh he is, but it never comes.

"Good..." Taskmaster looks at Number Two. "Two, go find the body of that widow I shot down and bring me her head."

Two gives a quick nod before unsheathing his sword and running off.

Taskmaster looks at the rest of his students and smirks under his mask. "When he gets back....we'll resume the spider hunt."

_________

DAMN, TASKMASTER AINT NO JOKE, IS IT?

ANYWAY, HOW'D YOU FEEL ABOUT SEEING VENOM AND WALKER?

AND WANDA? SHE IS GOING TO BE RATHER WEIRD IN THIS ONE LEADING INTO SOMETHING ELSE.

WORDS: 11k...again.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

12.3K 513 36
You are a marvel fan with basic and a little shitty life but everything changed when your favorite heroes found you at your worst. this is a story m...
514 14 18
I don't own Marvel characters, I only own my OC and storyline.
15.6K 513 13
A xreader fanfiction. Any gender reader. You were trying so hard to hide your powers but with each passing day it was getting more difficult. Until o...
56.5K 1.5K 75
Ever is one of S.H.I.E.L.D.S. best agents they ever had. She gets assigned to help a lost billionaire but she gets more than what was asked to do. (D...