Leo (Under construction)

By purple_mistress

Not all secrets can break you. Sometimes, it can make you fall in love. Give it a chance! Read and enjoy! ^_^... More

Chapter 1 - Business card
Chapter 3 - Permission
Chapter 4 - A Semi-Date
Chapter 5 - The Beginning
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 - Rescue
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Amber
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 - The Bar
Chapter 13 - Seaside
Chapter 14 - Secret Revealed
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - The Story Behind...
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 2 - Ice Cream

50 5 0
By purple_mistress

The time has come for them to meet again!

Read and enjoy! :D

****************************************************

Tuesday came and I was excited, I actually woke up pretty early. I got up at thirty minutes before five in the morning and took my run on the plaza. After my run, I took my morning routine. By the time eight o'clock came, I was ready to go. Actually, I was already all set when my clock strikes seven but it would look like I am so excited to get my car repair, which is I indeed am, if I go there at seven instead of eight. So I drove my car to the Harper's Car Repair Shop. I drove a little faster than my usual speed. I am really that excited.

When I arrived at the shop, they were already working on a car. So far there's only one car that they're working on. I parked beside the first car and get out right after turning the engine off. A small man came to me. Though he is buff and tanned and full of grease. "Are you Mr. Jasper Steele?" he asked me a little louder.

I nodded, "Yes."

"I'm James Harper, owner of the shop." he offered his sort of clean hand for a shake.

"Nice to meet you, sir." I took his hand.

"So," he opened the front seat of my car and reached for the handle beside the chair. "what's the problem with your car, sir?" he asked opening the bumper of my car to see the car engine.

"My AC is blowing fire instead of cold air." I said standing next to him.

He nodded. "Don't worry, sir. This will only take an hour or so to repair. You can sit there sir," he pointed to a long rattan chair. "or if you have any other errands to do, you can leave your car with us. We will take care of this, we assure you." he plastered a trusting smile.

"No, I'm good. I'll just sit." he nodded and I walked to the chair and sat.

I wonder if that girl is around here or still inside of that door. An hour has passed and the first car that they were working on was now maneuvering to get out of the shop. My car was the only one left now. I felt the need to use the bathroom so I stood up and walked towards the owner. I pat his shoulder to get his attention. "May I use your restroom, sir?"

He said to follow him and I did. We enter to the door and walked straight to a very small hallway. At the end of the hallway was a dirty kitchen, not literally dirty but a kitchen where you use woods and charcoals instead of the usual stove and stuff. He flipped a switch and opened a door on my right side. "Here, sir." he pointed inside. I nodded and he left.

I enter the bathroom and closed the door. I immediately release my load to the toilet. I let out a satisfied sigh and was about to hide my thing when the door burst open. Which leads me to spin around to look who opened the door. And there... I saw... the person who didn't left my mind for the past days. She looked at me with wide eyes, I had a very clear view of it now. It was the darkest brown I've ever seen, it was almost black. Her eyes travelled down my body and when she spotted something she avoided to look to me. I looked at myself. "Shit." I said under my breath and turn my back to her and put my thing inside my pants where it belonged. I flushed the toilet before turning to face her again. Her face is a cute shade of crimson and my ears were burning.

"Um... I'm sorry about that." I murmur, hoping she'd hear it cause I don't have the guts to say it out loud. She nodded so I guess she heard me. I saw her looking on my hands. I looked at them too, and I saw a shiny liquid on them. Did I piss myself? Damn! I heard her chuckle and she pointed on the left side of the bathroom.

"There's the sink." she said, still not looking at me.

"T-thanks." I made my way to the sink and wash my hands. When I turn around, she was gone. Guess she went back to her room cause the bathroom door is still open. So I just went outside and waited. At least I get to see her today. So she lived here. I thought this was just a shop but it was actually a house too.

I think thirty minutes has passed after I rested my ass on the chair when the screen door swung open. A girl came out. I didn't recognized her at first but from the skipped of my heart I knew it was her. She's freshly bathed, wearing a black shorts, a white blouse and a pair of flats with a small beige sling bag, and a purple sunglasses.

The owner went to her. "Where are you going, Leo?" so her name is Leo. What a unique name for a unique girl. And sexy too, a part of me said. Yeah, her name is sexy just like her.

"Britney wants me to go with her to buy some stuff, dad." she said. So her dad is the owner of the shop.

"Really?" her father asked like he's not buying what she said.

"Really. I won't be out long. I promise to come home early and I promise to stay in the city." she said with a chuckle.

"Fine. Do you have money?"

She smiled playfully. "No." and she giggled.

Her father reach inside her pocket and pull a couple of cash and handed it to her. She took it, kissing her father on the cheeks after. Then she took off. She rode a cab. When I saw her went inside, I immediately stood up and came to the owner. "Sir, I remembered I do need to go somewhere right now." I gave him my car keys and walked to get myself a cab. I remembered the number of the cab she rode so I instructed the cab driver to follow it the moment I spotted it. Her cab stopped at the mall. After paying the cab driver, I followed Leo inside the mall. She went to the bookstore, when she enter, I saw her walking towards a blonde girl. The blonde girl saw her, they both smiled and hugged each other. I hid in one of the book shelves.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" I hear Leo asked.

"Let's go buy some clothes and then ice cream and hotdogs and then ice cream. Did I say ice cream?" they both laugh.

I saw them went out of the bookstore and I follow them. They went to a boutique and I noticed that Leo wasn't buying anything. She's just looking through the clothes, pulling out some that she maybe like. Only her friend was the one buying. After her friend paid the clothes she liked, they went out and walked to the ice cream shop. The shop was full of people and I got bumped into some of them. Making me lose sight of where Leo now. I scan the whole place but I couldn't find her. No matter where I look, I still couldn't find her. So I went out into a less crowded place.

I was waiting to spot them when a kid stand next to me holding a balloon. He looked at me and I looked at him. We were just staring at each other when he loose his grip on his balloon and it went flying. He cried and run but I managed to catch it before it was out of my reach. I followed the kid to give his balloon back. But I bumped into someone that really made her fall, good thing I caught her waist before she hit the ground.

When I saw who I am now holding in my arms, my heart immediately summersaulted. Like there were horses in my chest cause of the strong beating of my heart and there were rats inside my stomach. Her face was really close to mine, her eyes were so wide again and I get to have another clear view on them. I got tempted to kiss her the moment I saw her lips up close. Her hands were on my chest. I could even smell her sweet candy smell. I didn't notice that I'm not holding anything now but her.

I heard someone clearing her throat to get our attention. As much as I wanted Leo in my arms for a little more time, I don't want her to get the wrong impression of me. She already saw me in an awkward situation earlier. "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." it took me all the strength I have to say that without stammering and let go of her.

She shook her head. "No, it was my fault too. Sorry." and she smiled at me.

I felt a cold and sticky feeling on my stomach. I looked at it and saw that she spilled her ice cream to me. Guess she saw it too cause she pulled her handkerchief out and started wiping the ice cream off while she kept on saying she's sorry. And I noticed her blouse was spilled with ice cream too. "How about I'll buy you some clothes to make up my clumsiness." I told her and smiled.

Her eyes widen, "No, that's not necessary. I was clumsy too." she shook her head.

"I insist."

"I--"

Her friend cut her off. "You know what? I think I forgot my change on the ice cream shop." she looked back and forth to me and Leo. "Why don't you-- wait. What's your name, mister?" she asked me.

"Jasper." I offered my hand to her.

"Oh, I'm Britney." she took it and we shake. I let go immediately without making it look rude. "Why don't you go buy your shirts and I go get my change? Yeah?" she look at Leo who's eyes were wide with shock. "See you later, Leigh!" she said and walk away.

So it's just me and Leo. I don't want this chance to slip so I compose myself and become the confident and comfortable me. "So, let's go?" I asked her.

She looked like she has no other choice. "Y-yeah. Sure." she said and we started walking. I fought the urge to put my arm around her shoulders. But instead, I put my hand on her elbow to assist her from time to time, which gives me a flow of electricity every time I touched her. I took her to the boutique they entered earlier.

She suddenly stopped when she realized where we're going. "Oh no. Can we just go to a department store to buy my shirt?" her eyes were pleading.

"What? Why?" I asked.

She looked at the floor like there's something interesting in it. "'Cause I don't have the money to afford the clothes in there." she just said it like a whisper but I still heard it.

At least she's honest. I brought my finger under her chin to lift her face so she's looking at me. "Don't worry." I gave her a reassuring smile. She nodded and smiled and we enter the boutique. I noticed that she was searching on the cheapest rack, so I searched on the most-beautiful-clothes rack. I pulled out a loose not-so-see-through peach long sleeved blouse. I'm about to give it to her but when I looked at her, everything around me went in slow motion. She was still searching but when I look at her, I see the most beautiful girl ever. It's like when I see her, everything changes from time to space and anything else. Is this the feeling of love at first sight? Cause the moment I laid my eyes on her, she was in my mind in every second of everyday. And my heart always beats faster than usual, like it's getting excited because I saw her. I wouldn't deny that I really like her but is it still too soon to say that I'm already falling in love for her? I didn't know her yet and I don't want to love her because she's beautiful. I still want to know her but I got this feeling that she is a unique girl. That she might really be the one for me.

She caught me staring at her and she just smiled like it's a normal thing to see a guy staring at her. Well, I couldn't blame those men, this girl really is beautiful. I made my way to her and give her the blouse I picked. "Here, try it on." I said.

The first thing she did before touching the blouse was look at the price tag. When she saw the price, she shook her head. "No. That's too much." she said.

"I insist." I pushed the blouse to her hand. "Please?" I looked at her eyes. She sigh and nodded. She went to the fitting room and tried it. When she came out, it looked perfect to her. Even a sack could look awesome when she's the one wearing it. "We'll take it." I told the sales lady. She just cut the tag to scan the code in their counter. After paying it, we went out of there and to a men's boutique to buy my shirt. We didn't take long, I just settled on a plain blue shirt.

We were now walking around the mall when I hear her murmur something. "What?" I asked her cause I didn't heard what she said.

"Britney said she already went home." she sighed. "I guess I should too."

"Well, let's go together. My car's in your shop right now." we walked to the exit of the mall. I gather all the confidence I have to ask what I need to. "Uhm... Leo, can I have your phone number?"

She looked at me with a puzzled look. "Why?"

"Uh... well, I..." damn, I can't think of a reason for her to give me her number. I want her phone number cause I don't want this to be our last time to see each other. I want to grab this chance to get to know her more. Would that be reasonable enough for her? Wouldn't I sound like a creep if that's what I'll tell her?

She must have seen the struggle in my face cause I heard her giggle. I look at her face and she's smiling at me. She stretched out her hand, palms out. "Give it." she said. It took me a moment to realized what she mean. I gave her my phone and she started pressing the screen. I heard her phone rang and she fished it out of her back pocket. She handed my phone back to me. "Let's go." she said and called a cab.

We were silent inside the cab on the way to their shop. We were almost there when I hear her talk, she said, "Thank you for the blouse. I'll pay for it."

"You don't have to. Consider it as my gift to you." I said the moment I heard the word pay came out of her mouth.

"No, I'll----"

"I insist, Leo. I'll consider it an insult if you pay for it or give it back to me."

She smiled at me and shook her head. "Thank you."

When we arrived at their shop, my car wasn't the only car in there anymore. "Leo, did you change you shirt?" I heard her father asked her.

"I bumped onto Jasper earlier at the mall and spilled ice cream all over our shirts." she said and kissed her father's cheeks. "I'll get inside." she looked at me. "Thanks again Jasper." and she enter to their house.

"So you need to go to the mall?" her father asked me, he gave me a look like he knew what's going on in my mind. "It's done." he said and hand me my car keys.

After paying for the repair, I went inside my car and maneuvered it out of their shop.

*********************************************

Share your thoughts in the comment box! ^_^

Liked it? Click the STAR! :D

Thanks for reading! Spread the love! :)) <3

~M_05~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

515 11 16
Have you ever imagined, how it feels to read your crush's mind? Can you be that lucky? Well, Leo was lucky. He got the power to know about Mia's sec...
Dear, Rose By K

Short Story

222 26 16
The truth won't just set you free. It will sometimes make you hurt or break into pieces and without any notice, you're broken.
46.6K 3.4K 7
HE loved Her unconditionally SHE deceived Him intentionally ---It's a Five Short story. Do give it a read.
273K 9.1K 42
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Claire is in trouble. More specifically, her family is. Or the lack th...