The List ยป Zarry (M-Preg) โœ”

By itsZaynAndhaRRY

Harry, a highschooler, starts on another student's To-Do list and ends with his baby. *** Harry Styles was ju... More

The List
1: Sexual Education
2: Senior Year
3: Prom Night
4: Yellow Paper
5: Dry Cleaners
6: The Odds
7: My Son
8: Fire Dragon
9: Orange Cup
10: Planet Burger
11: Past Past
12: Birthday Surprise
13: Temporary Solution
14: Fair Tradeoff
15: Lofi Beats
17: First Valentines
18: Junk Food
19: Wrong Right
20: Like Triange
21: Minus One
22: Over Again
23: Big Wheel
24: Neutral Location
25: Many Truths
26: Second Time
27: Father, Son
28: Family Relationships
29: Work Related
30: Abstract Concepts
31: The Innocent
32: Big Chair
33: Empty Space
34: Le Bleu
35: Favorite Bourbon
36: Emu, Ostrich
37: Raw Fish
38: Long Week
39: Responsible Man
Thank You ๐Ÿ’›

16: Red Velvet

1.3K 121 16
By itsZaynAndhaRRY

Harry swallowed the last piece of his red velvet cake.

"Mmm. That was so delicious. I can't believe I ate two big slices of it."

"It's your birthday. You deserve it, baby." Anne told him and she took his fork and plate from him and put it in the sink.

"Yeah. But I set a bad example for Benny. No wonder he ate all that cake and threw up on his birthday."

Gemma chuckled and ruffled his hair a little.

"Like father, like son, I guess."

"Yeah."

Harry picked up his phone and checked it. When it didn't show what he was looking for, he frowned and sat it back down.

"Can I go play, daddy?"

"Yeah, sure. But no jumping around."

When he slid from the table, Anne took his bamboo plate and put it in the sink with Harry's dishes.

"I can't believe you're twenty two now." She said.

"Seems like just yesterday you were in that room down the hall from your sister and me. I miss it."

"I know, mom. But it just wasn't enough room for all of us. I couldn't stay. Benny needed his own room with his own bed and a place to put his toys."

"I know." She said sadly.

"At least you two come by and visit. That's what's most important. Because I love to see you."

He nodded.

"More than I can say for dad."

She reached out and touched his hand.

"I'm so sorry your father didn't want to see you when we split. But the fact that he continues to be that way means getting that divorce was the right thing to do no matter how much it hurt."

"I know. But I'm just bothered that Benjamin doesn't have anyone to call grandpa. Come to think of it, he only has us three to call family. That's it. Not that we're not good enough. But... I wish he had more, you know."

"Maybe he can have more." Gemma said and she sat up.

"Harry, I know you're still really young right now. But have you thought about getting married in the future?"

Harry frowned.

"What? Getting married? That's crazy. I'm not marriage material."

Anne put a hand over her chest.

"Why would you say that? Do not sell yourself short. I raised you right and you turned out to be a good man. You are marriage material and any man would be lucky to have you."

"And Benny. That's the thing. It isn't just me. I'd have to find someone who likes Benny too. That's not easy. He's someone else's child."

"Yeah, somebody who is never coming around again." Gemma added. "Just face it, Harry. It's been five years and it's obvious Zayn was just a highschool boyfriend. What you need is a real man now. One who wouldn't dodge the responsibility of raising a child like dad did. Besides, I think having another responsible adult to help raise him will be good for him."

"Gemma. You really don't know anything."

"Huh?"

"You think you know about me or Zayn or Benjamin but you don't. Just because I didn't tell him about Benjamin then, that doesn't mean he wouldn't care about him once he knew he existed. Zayn is not dad. Not in any way, shape or form. And I would appreciate it if you didn't make that comparison ever again."

"I wasn't comparing him to dad. I was just saying-"

"It doesn't matter what you were saying. You were wrong."

"Well, if you feel that way about him, why didn't you just tell him you were pregnant? Why did you break up with him in the first place? Was what he did really that bad? Or were you just dramatic as always?"

At that, Harry scoffed and rose to his feet.

"Benny! We're going! Get your coat and shoes!"

"Honey, where are you going?"

"Home. Where people don't judge me for not being married on my birthday."

"I'm not even-"

Anne held a hand up to tell her stop talking.

"I didn't think that's what she was doing at all, Harry."

Benjamin came into the kitchen with his shoes on his feet, shoe strings untied.

"Can you tie 'em?"

"You know what? We do not have time. I'll just pick you up and carry you. Come on."

He hoisted Benjamin up on his hip and faced his mother.

"Bye mom, see you later. Thanks for the birthday cake."

"You're welcome. But I really wish you would stay."

"I can't. Maybe next time. When Gemma is less judgy, perhaps."

Anne knew she couldn't convince him not to go. So she just watched him get everything of his and leave. Once he was gone, she scowled over at Gemma.

"What did you think you were doing? Just because you're dating Marshall, that doesn't mean you can judge him for not being in a relationship."

"Marshall has nothing to do with it. And I didn't do anything wrong. He just got mad when I brought up Zayn. But he's the one who didn't even want to tell Zayn he had his baby and he still doesn't know. That right there should tell him what their relationship was about."

"Yes, but that dosen't mean he should be compared to your father."

"No offense, mom, but you're biased. You have always stood for Zayn. That's why you convinced Harry to give Benjamin his last name even after their breakup. But how do we know the only reason Zayn isn't exactly like dad is because Harry let him off the hook much sooner? I mean, do you really think a seventeen year old was going to want to be a father?"

"Your brother did."

"No. He didn't want to be one. He had no choice. Now just like me and Harry, Benjamin will suffer for not having his other parent around. And as his aunt, I really hate that for him."

Gemma was obviously upset when she left the table but Anne knew she just needed a break to cool off. Both of her children did. Then after their break was over, maybe she would check up on how they both were doing and suggest offering up an apology."

* * *

Harry had come in the front door of his home with Benjamin about a half hour later. Niall was sitting on the living room couch.

"Hey, Niall." Benjamin said.

And he rushed over to hug him as soon as Harry put him down.

"Hey, Benjamin. What's up?"

"Nothin'."

"Actually what's up is bedtime. Benjamin, go to your room. I'll come get you ready for bed in a minute."

As soon as he was gone, Harry frowned over at Niall.

"What are you doing here? I specifically told you that key was for you to use only when you were out with Benjamin. If you're not out with him, don't use that key. Unless it's an emergency or I specifically state otherwise."

"I know. Sorry. But this time I had to. I have a birthday gift for you. See?"

He pointed to the table where there lay a hand vacuum box with a bow stuck to it.

"I got it because I heard you complaining about Benjamin getting cookie crumbs on the couch the other day.

"Then why not call me or text me and tell me that? Don't just walk in my house when I'm not here. It's rude. Gosh, why is everybody so damn presumptuous today?"

"Sheesh. It was supposed to be a nice suprise. But okay. Sorry. Next time I'll just ruin your surprise for you."

He stood up off the couch and Harry pressed his thumb and index finger against his eyes.

"No wait. Stop. Sit back down."

"Are you sure? Because I could go."

"No. I'm sure. Sit."

Niall did.

"Sorry if I'm irritable. I just had a disagreement with my sister earlier."

"I don't suppose you really want to talk about it."

Harry slowly walked over to the coach and plopped down.

"Do you think I should get married for Benjamin?"

"What?"

"The question is simple. Should I get married for my son?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. If you wanted to. Sure. But I would have to think it should be someone you love and are happy with. Otherwise it doesn't really benefit him. Why do you ask this? Did Professor Payne ask you to marry him or something?"

Harry gasped.

"What? No. Absolutely not. Why would he do that?"

"Because you're sleeping together. And once again, yes, I do know that."

"No. He did not ask me to marry him. It really is just sex, Niall. It's just something fun so we both feel better when it's over."

"And do you feel better when it's over?"

"Yes. All the time."

"But it doesn't last."

Harry sighed.

"Nothing casual lasts. But that's the thing. Having sex with him doesn't help Benjamin. It only helps me. And doesn't that make me selfish? Wouldn't getting married make me less selfish? Because then I'd not only have someone to sleep with, I'd be giving Benjamin a new dad."

"A new dad? Why does he need a new dad when he has you and Zayn now? His parents are all he needs. You don't have to get married for that."

That's when Harry checked his phone again. He didn't see what he was looking for.

"Yeah, but it's clear Zayn is a part time father who only comes around for his son. But someone for both of us couldn't hurt."

"No. It couldn't. But you should at least do it for the right reasons if you're going to do it. And you most definitely shouldn't rush into something you are not absolutely confident in just because your sister may have said something to you about it. It'll come when it's ready. Just like everything else always does."

"You know, I hear what you're saying, Niall. But at this point, I don't even know what the right reasons for me should be. I just turned twenty two today and I have a four year old. My childhood overlapped with parenthood and my entire adulthood has been parenthood. I think I'm just desperate for something good to happen to me."

"Something good is already happening to you, Harry. His name is Benjamin. What you're really looking for is someone whose willing to share that with you."

Once again, Harry looked down at his phone. He still hadn't seen what he was looking for. He guessed he wasn't ever going to see it. So he stood up with a sad expression.

"Thanks for the vaccum, Niall it's very thoughtful gift."

Niall  got up from the couch a and stretched.

"It's the least I could do after you got me a Christmas gift and I didn't get you one."

"You know that doesnt matter to me. I'm not counting. And you know what? If you came here because you wanna stay tonight, that's okay with me too."

"I appreciate the offer. But I'm good. Dylan is sneaking me in through her window tonight. So I'll be there."

Harry didn't even bother to get on him.

"Alright. Just be careful."

"I will. As long as you agree not to rush into anything."

"I won't."

But he looked down at his phone.

How could he rush when the only thing he really wanted right now was the one thing he still hadn't gotten?

* * *

Zayn was lying in bed and had just brought his hands above his head. He was catching his breath. As he was looking up, a figure climbed over him, blocking the light from the overhead light. It was Louis. And he was wiping his lips with his index finger.

"Not to brag, but I think you really liked that."

"Well, you're kind of vigorous with these things."

"I am. I wanted to make sure you know I like doing it."

"Hmm. I certainly know now."

Louis plopped down beside him and rested comfortably when Zayn brought an arm down behind him.

"Do I scare you?" He asked.

"What?"

"I just want to know if I scare you. Because I know a lot of stuff I've done, you never did before. Like just now. I know you liked it. But you seemed hesitant at first. I was worried I scared you."

"No, of course not. You don't scare me."

"Are you sure? Because I really like you and I don't want to ruin this."

"You're not ruining anything. I promise. If anything it's just me being... me."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

"So our pace is good? The blowjob wasn't a big leap for you?"

"Not at all."

"Good. Because I do have plans to make your first time special. But only on your terms, okay?"

"I appreciate that."

They lay there together silently for a moment and suddenly Zayn heard Louis ask a question.

"What is that?"

"What is what?"

"That. That green thing with the eyes?"

Zayn followed his pointing finger and when he saw what Louis saw, he froze.

"Uh-"

"It looks like a child made that."

"Because one did."

"Really? Who?"

"A... customer's little boy."

He didn't lie.

"That's cute. Why did he give you that?"

"I'm not sure, really. But I thought it was adorable so I took it."

"Aw. How cute is that?"

"Yeah, it's really cute, but I really don't want to talk about that when we're lying here together. It's weird."

"Why is it weird?"

"It just is."

"Okay. Then let's not talk at all. How about I give you a handjob this time and let's see if you can climax twice."

"Louis, I don't know about that."

"Why not? Cumming twice would be one hell of way to start February."

When he said that, Zayn quickly sat up. "Wait what? What's today's date?"

"The first. Why? What's wrong?"

He jumped out of bed and put a pair of underwear on. "I just remembered I had something important to do. Work stuff."

"Do you need help with it?"

"No. This is about customer satisfaction. It's my job to take care of that as the owner. I have to do it alone."

Louis pouted.

"Does this mean I have to leave?"

"It's a business thing so I would advise it."

He sighed.

"Fine. I'll go. But I had a lot of fun."

"Yeah, me too."

Zayn was just standing there, so he hardly reacted when Louis came over and kissed him goodbye.

0"See you at work tomorrow."

"Mhm."

Whenever it was that Louis finally left his house, Zayn rushed over to his phone and dialled up Harry's number. After a few rings, Harry's tired voice came in through the reciever.

"Hello?"

"Wow. I thought I'd be too late."

"Too late for what?"

"To wish you Happy Birthday. Happy birthday, Harry.

"Oh."

His smile could be heard in the way he spoke.

"You remembered."

"Of course I did. Just like you remembered my birthday."

"Mhm."

"So what did you do to celebrate? Who'd you spend it with?"

"Benjamin and I went to visit my mother and sister like I do every year. We had dinner and cake."

"Nice. What kind of cake did you have?"

"Red velvet."

"Your favorite."

"You remembered that too?"

"Of course I did. You used to talk about it all the time."

"And you listened, apparently."

"I did."

Harry giggled into the phone.

"Well, thanks for remembering and calling. I appreciate that."

"Whoa, you're not trying to get rid of me, are you?"

"No. I just thought you only called to wish me a happy birthday."

"Are you too busy to talk?"

"No. I just got in bed."

"Well, then, let's have a conversation."

"About what?"

"About anything."

"You just want to talk? Not about Benjamin or anything?"

"Do you want me to talk about Benjamin? Because honestly I feel like I could do more than that. We don't have to leave it at Happy Birthday and goodbye tonight."

"We don't?"

"No."

Harry sighed but it wasn't one annoyance. It was one if contentment.

"Okay. Well then, let's talk about this cute little hand vacuum Niall bought me as a gift."

"A hand vacuum. Really?"

"Yes. But I actually like it. It was very thoughtful of him."

As Harry went on the about Niall and the vacuum, Zayn plopped down on the bed and listened to every word. It was so much like being in high school again. Only this time he did a better job about giving Harry more.

And though he felt like what he'd just done this mainly for himself, he was completely unaware that in doing so, he had just given Harry exactly what he had been looking at his phone for all day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 1K 30
Harry Style 17 Years have passed since Zayn died. He promised himself that he would never fall in love again and would only focus on raising his son...
127K 5.7K 27
Once a fuckboy, always a fuckboy. Yes, that's what Zayn Malik is. A well known bisexual fuckboy. He's the University crush: every girl loves him, eve...
73.8K 3.6K 32
Zayn Malik: A professional Surgeon, one of the best Doctors in the country. Recieved countless awards for his job. A job that he put his pride in. Bu...
34.5K 2K 39
Zayn Malik A young police detective from New York, who accidentally found a wounded young man in a dark, dirty alley, Like a normal person would do...