Gone Bad (Nigerian Novel) -Ed...

Od heyitsifs

"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of... Vรญce

Chapter 1 - Fine Girl, Fine Wine.
Chapter 2: The Midnight Adventuress
Chapter 3: After Parte After Parte
Chapter 4: Midnight Call
Chapter 5: Girl Talk
Chapter 6: The Spot
Chapter 7: In the House of God
Chapter 8: Let's Not Call it a Date
Chapter 9: What Do You Want
Chapter 10: Fight Me
Chapter 11 : Decisions Decisions
Chapter 12 : Belle of the Ball
Chapter 13: Nights in Shining Armor
Chapter 14: Are We Cool Now?
Chapter 15: Birthday Who?
Chapter 16: Road Rage
Chapter 17: Change of Plans
Chapter 18: Hello There
Chapter 19: Not So Nice to Meet You
Chapter 20: Head in the Clouds
Chapter 21: Tropical Haven
Chapter 22: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 23: So Sick of It
Chapter 24: What's it to You?
Chapter 25: Can't Stay Mad at You
Chapter 26: Carpool Accuse-oke
Chapter 27 : No Big Deal
Chapter 28: All Fun and Games
Chapter 29 : The Bitter Truth
Chapter 31: World War Me
Chapter 32 : Walking Dead
Chapter 33: Dark Clouds
Chapter 34: What If...?
Chapter 35 : The Final Curtain Call
SEQUEL? OUT NOW.

Chapter 30: Where Your Love Lies

638 112 6
Od heyitsifs

I wasn't sure what felt worse standing in front of his door knowing the mess I had caused, or t \he mother I would have to face back home.

Vic called -the cat was out of the bag. By the time I finally make it back to the mainland, my mothers knife would be sharpened.

"You know I didn't think you'd actually come after yesterday." he says, greeting me with his washboard abs.

I force a smile as I step inside. "Change of plans."

I can sense his brows ride even though my back is facing him when I say it.

"Your statement says yes, but everything else is telling me doing it is the last thing on your mind. Am I wrong?" he says, crossing his arms on his chest.

Instead of responding my eyes force me to watch as every muscle ripples under his skin, and how nice they really were to the touch.

"Sorry can you put on a shirt, I'm trying to focus here."

He smirks, having noticed the distraction was how he had been carved to perfection. Yet the usual admiration that followed anytime I got the chance was suffocating under the weight of Demilade's lips.

Here I was rethinking fornication, only to rebrand myself as a cheater in the span of a few hours.

"Nothing you haven't seen before." Is all he says before leaving me alone in the opulent leaving room.

I take a moment to admire the riche beige furniture, paired with darker flooring and a wooden armoire.

I knew next to nothing about interior decor, but the rustic touch of the room was hard to miss.

The kind of magic thagt happened when sophistaction met masculinity.

Warm lips press against my cheeks and suddenly Isren is hunched over the sofa, strong arms digging into the head rest. "Anything I might delight you in."

I shake my head, forcing the small smile to leave my lips. I didn't deserve it. "Why are you acting all fancy?"

To this he hisses playfully. "Women will complain chilvary is dead, yet act like a gentleman and start to form." he says landing right next to me on the couch.

I stare at him this time unable to contain my laughter.

How had things gone so wrong so fast?

He was everything I had broken all my rules for. Adventurous, glamorous, and every bit the forbidden fruit I had been dying to taste.

"Why are you making googoo eyes at me young lady." he says, cutting into my train of thoughts.

My mouth forms a sour o and I punch his shoulder.

I yelp as I pull my hand back, knuckles stinging at my poor form.

"Ouch that really hurt." he says sarcastically and I turn to him, my eyes enlarged with rage.

"What are you made of." I grind out, enunciating each word.

"Money, muscles, and mischief." Isren tosses back, mocking me with his eyes.

I narrow mine, looking away. "You're walking on thin ice buddy." No you are. My mind quipped.

"Yeah yeah, so are we going to nextflix and chill or what?"

Before my pupils finish doubling in size he intercepts my thoughts. "I mean the literaly definition of chill. But if you're down for the metaphor I am." he says waggling his brows.

A pillow slams straight in his face, and I have no regrets as I blow my hot pink nails.

"Are you ever serious?"

"Always about you." he says, not missing a beat.

The sinking feeling in my chest returns and I remember how I had kissed Demilade knowing fully well I was someone else's girlfriend.

The title felt wrong.

Girlfriends were there on days their man couldn't go on. Saw the side of him no one else got to see. Knew him like the the back of her own hands. And never cheated.

Yet all I and Isren had done was sneak around, whisper sweet nothings in the middle of every party, and do things no boy could ever boast of having done with me.

The months had passed in a thrilling blur, and it felt like falling in love, yet deep beneath the ground, I wasn't sure we had any foundation.

"Do you mean that?" I say, slowly meeting his gaze.

The room had long been silent and I was met with a questioning pair of eyes.

"Duh." he says trying to piece together my expression.

"And what are we doing?"

"...Having fun?" he draws out, unsure where this was going.

I suck in a breath, knowing he missed the target but the words had hit a little too close to home.

"I mean us. I know we're a couple but it honestly feels like we're just messing around."

He sighs, taking his head in his hand. "Is this about the whole love you question? You know I like you alot."

"But you can't love me, I'm just your pretty little thing." I finish for him.

"Since you're bent on going there, then answer this for me. Do you love me?" I says piercing me with his needle gaze.

"Offcourse I..." I say unable to carry on, off all the words I could attribute to the emotions Isren made me feel, love wasn't one of them.

Attraction, lust, infatuation, butterflies, headiness, thrill, without a second thought it was there.

But love wasn't one of them, more than 6 months had passed and it was only now dawning on me I had no real connection with him.

"Exactly. We're the escape we both need, why not just enjoy it." he says closing the case.

But I slam it right in the middle with my next words. "Because it's not what I want anymore, I want something serious, to be loved, seen, and accepted."

"Is it really that deep?" he says, the irritation starting to seep through his tone. Who could blame him? I told him one thing yet asked for another.

"It was deep enough to make me kiss Demilade." I blurt, jumping from the seat like hot lava had poured from my mouth to my lips.

He laughs without mirth, head bobbing in melancholic rhythm.

"Off course it'd be him, sweet sweet Demi." he mocks and the tears welling in my eyes spill into my cheeks.

"I am so sorry." I say, daring to look at him.

Even through my teary vision I see nothing but betrayal on his face.

"You know I like you so much, I would've overlooked it if it were any no name guy. But I'm done with his crap and you're going to give me an answer." he says, his voice rumbling like thunder.

"What do you-"

"One. Is he the reason you can't open your bloody legs, after making me thing you were down when we first started talking?" he says firing the first missile at me.

His careless tone takes a chunk of my self worth with him, as I begin to see how little he cared about the girl beneath the face.

All his past compliments come slapping me in the face. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Mesmerising. Nothing more than his favourite doll to play with.

"No, is that what you really think of-"

"Two and don't you dare lie to me. Do you love that boy." he says spitting the last word.

Ironic. What a man he was.

"You can't expect me to answer on the spot."

He pinches the bridge of his nose, on the verge of a side of his anger I had never seen before. But it falls on the left side and I see calmness swimming once again in his dark pools.

"Then prove it."

"What?" I sputter, almost choking on my saliva.

"Answer the question or show me I have nothing to worry about. You said you're not abstinent. If nothing held you back from kissing him, why can't you have sex with your boyfriend." he says, like he was talking about the weather.

"Is that all you care about?"

"I care about you more than any woman I ever have."

How fortunate they must be.

"No wonder you're still a bachelor at 30." I spit it him, intentionally getting his age wrong.

The outer warmness in his eyes leaves and I see the coldness that had been there all along.

"Enlighten me then, I must be too old to understand what you mean."

"That you're a filthy rich rake who can't see past a woman's skirt. You don't like me. You like the fact that I'm okay with being toyed. Okay with sneaking around with you. Okay with being used because everything is so new to me that I don't mind going a little further each time. I admit it was fun, a joyride of some sort wasn't it?" I say, sarcasm dripping off my words.

He chuckles, the storm brewing in his eyes growing darker by the second. "An understatement." Isren answers, hoping to wound me.

And that he did. Only, when I looked at him was it crystal clear why an admission that should've been my last straw didn't undo me.

All along I had been in love with the idea of rebelling, and for me...that was Isren.

"This is probably a bad time since technically I did cheat. But lose my number Isren Olubode, we're over." I say yanking my bag from the expensive leather couch.

"If you like leave. There's plenty of girls the where you came from, half of them aren't such prostitutes."

"I wouldn't hold my breath Mr. Club Casanova. And while you're at it grow up, someday Daddy's gonna need the next heir for his multimillion empire." I mock banging the door in his face.

I would be down the road for a while since I hadn't called an uber.

But as I stood waiting, the euphoria of leaving him made the inevitable sadness of loss, however worthless it was, sound bearable.

Pokraฤovat ve ฤtenรญ

Mohlo by se ti lรญbit

115K 15.7K 48
"Okay. What's your favourite food?" "It will be you after we get married, but for now It's anything you give me to eat." He deadpanned. Tseju almost...
42.8K 12.7K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
22.7K 4K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...