Forever Yours

By Queen0226

Everything was perfect, Until one night. When she thought life was bliss, It took away her precious beings. ... More

Blurb
Forever Yours
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 4

471 33 2
By Queen0226

4th Feb, 2022

Saim glanced at the girl who looked at him shocked. He studied her face and he was sure that she had been crying for the tear marks were clearly visible but what shocked him more was the redness on her right cheek. He did not want to believe that her mother could be so cruel to raise her hand on her and so to ignore the questions swirling in his mind he faked a cough, bringing her out of her trance.

"Uh- Your purse. I found it near the café." He said through the thick awkward air that had build up between the two.

Yusra took the purse, avoiding looking at him, all the while thinking if he had heard any yelling or seen something. She mumbled her thanks and waited for him to leave not wanting him to witness anything further which could only worsen things and just as he turned around walking away from her, she sighed in relief for being saved but it lasted not longer than a minute as she noticed him walk back again, making her posture to go stiff.

He stretched his hand, that held his jacket making her look at him with questionable gaze.

"It's cold out here, wear it." He said more likely ordered leaving no chance for Yusra to deny so she quietly took it from his hand before pulling it on, instantly warming her up. She pulled the jacket closer to her, his perfume lingering on the jacket, making her realise that it was unwashed.

She didn't knew how long but the two stood still, none of them speaking. She waited for him to leave without any queries but when he didn't she looked at him through her eyelashes to only see his calculative gaze on her making her tinge in embarrassment.

"Was that your mother?" He questioned and she sucked it in a deep breath already fearing the further questions that he would ask which she herself wouldn't be able to answer.

She shook her head before whispering, "My aunt."

Saim looked at her waiting for her to continue further, her eyes moving to the front door frequently, but when he found out she wouldn't continue, he realised that he had to question her to get answers.

He was sure that she was hit by the lady the one she called her aunt and it did string him knowing that there were still double faced relatives in this generation.

He had been born and brought up in such a family where they considered their cousins, like siblings and their uncle and aunt were nothing less than their own parents.

He had heard alot of his friends whine about their relatives poking their nose in their affairs but this was something he couldn't just believe.

"Your parents?" He questioned already knowing that it wasn't his problem but he couldn't stop himself. She shook her head, unable to voice out due to the lump in her throat. She didn't want to glance his way, knowing that his eyes would reflect what every other eyes had. Pity.

"But that doesn't give her the right to hit you." He said knowing that he had already crossed a certain boundary. She almost stumbled back looking at him in fear. She looked at the door and back at him not knowing what she was suppose to say.

"I d-don't understand wh-what you ar-are talking about." She stammered out crossing her fingers tightly at her back already hyperventilating but what he said next loosened it.

"You have a mark on your cheek." Instinctively her hand automatically held her right cheek while he raised his brow at her, "I never said which cheek." He spoke his posture calm and composed making Yusra to flush in embarrassment.

"Uh- I- She, It was by mistake." She stuttered trying to cover it up by an anonymous lie to only hear him scoff loudly.

There was a certain limit he could be patient for he definitely wasn't a patient man but he had been trying his best to not loose it but she was now drifting him to the edge.

Yesterday when he had seen her, he had undoubtedly found her fragile; thinking that her parents must have spoilt her to be that way- just as the way his sister was treated- but today when he witness the scene he couldn't even imagine what she would be going through behind that closed door. Maybe he hadn't witness anything but the mark on her cheek and she being thrown out of the house was quiet enough to understand the rest. He couldn't even imagine Zara going through such pain in her life. He wouldn't know what he would have done if it was his own sister going through such torture.

"Why don't you file a complaint?" He questioned that kept nagging at the back of his mind and she gasped in horror taking a step or two towards him, making it clear for him to see her face; with the tear marks and the slap she had surely received.

"Please, don't." She sobbed almost on the verge of holding his hand to plead but stopped her hands, clutching them on her chest when suddenly she heard the front door open making her pale.

"Who are you?" The lady asked with the serious face while Saim walked to her, Yusra immediately following him but she was quickly pulled by her arm making her hiss.

"So this is what you do when you tell us that you had to work late at that stupid café, huh?" She spat angrily on Yusra burning holes through her eyes at the jacket she wore while Yusra shook her head, tears once again flowing.

"Just because she doesn't speak that doesn't mean you can manhandle her." Saim said furiously but he knew his manners. His mother had taught him better than to raise his voice at elders. His gaze moved at the hold on Yusra's hand, his fist immediately clenching at the sight before glancing at the two infront of him.

"Boy, don't mendle in our life." She said tightening her hold onto Yusra making her keep her hand on her aunt's. Saim looked at the lady with his eyes turning the darkest shade of black in anger before he pulled out his phone, "I am calling the police right away." He said but before he could even unlock it, it was snatched away.

"The consequences won't be good, boy. Don't make me repeat my words and leave." She said pushing the phone back into his hold while his gaze rested on Yusra. He looked at her before making any move.

"Please leave." She finally uttered making him furious. Without waiting for any other word he walked away slamming the gate as hard as he could making Yusra to flinch. She gazed at the place where he stood before she was dragged inside.

"Hana is returning. Go back to your room." Her aunt said and she nodded quietly walking to her room but stopped when she noticed the purse that she had held in her hand against the jacket. She wanted to hand it to her aunt, the reason behind the slap but deciding against it, she walked away because she knew she wouldn't be able to handle those harsh words again. At least not now.

Saim slammed the door of his car shut. He couldn't believe his eyes. The girl whom he hardly knew was getting abused and all he wanted was to help but she didn't want it. Why? He had no idea. And he was beyond furious, why? He had no idea. Or maybe because he couldn't stand anything wrong.

Yes, that was the reason. His mother had always told him to stand up for the right but what could he do when he wanted to but the person wouldn't let him? Simple. Let go. And he was about to do just that. He didn't knew the girl, to go against the odd, so he would simply let the girl live her life the way she wanted while he lived his life. With his family he would eventually forget the girl by tomorrow.

He calmed himself down, breathing in and out. As he was starting the car, his eyes flickered to the house one last time, before moving towards the top, knowing this was the last time he would be here. As his eyes moved around his eyes found a particular figure. He could see a girl through the window and he didn't needed to know who she was because he already knew it. She was still wearing his jacket that made him know that she was the same girl behind his now frustration.

Yusra looked through the huge glass window, knowing all too well about his eyes on her. She wanted to ask for his forgiveness for how her aunt had talked to him but she knew she couldn't and as she noticed him going away she felt her heart heavy. Turning away, she sat down on the mat, clutching onto the jacket as tightly as possible, unable to process anything that had happened.

This wasn't the first time someone was trying to standup for her. This wasn't the first time she let herself crush by her aunt. This wasn't the first time she was thrown out. This wasn't the first time she was abused. Everything had been done in the past and she had let it happen again.

She sat straight wiping the tears that were her regular visitor. She would tear up every night and the reasons would always alter. She didn't remember when was the last time she had slept without any tears because that was the only time she could let them flow without thinking about anybody but her ownself.

Just as she was thinking about it, she heard footsteps that instantly made her stand on her feet before rushing into the washroom and turning on the tap.

"Appi, where are you?" She heard Hana and she almost sobbed up again hearing her cousin's voice. Taking deep breaths, she calmed herself down before replying, "Just returned from work Hana, give me a minute."

"Okay, I'll be here, take your time." She heard Hana and she relaxed washing her face. She looked herself in the mirror, finding any traces of tear marks to only see the huge red marks on her face. She sighed not knowing how to cover it, so she waited inside the washroom turning on the tap of the shower.

"Appi, are you done?" She heard Hana making her feel guilty of hiding from her, "Hana it'll take time. Is there something important?" She questioned playing with her fingers, unable to stop the racing of her heart.

"Oh no appi, I just wanted to talk to you about my day with my friends. It's okay take your time, I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?" She heard Hana and she sighed in defeat before replying an okay.

"You are okay right appi?" Hana questioned instantly making panic rise within her, "Yeah." She breathed out before Hana agreed and walked out wishing her good night while Yusra smiled painfully while replying back to her.

As soon as she heard the closing of the door, she turned off the tap, before peeping outside.

Sighing she turned on the tap, and did her ablution to pray two rakaah's of involuntary prayer.

Locking the door, in case Hana thought of barging into her room, not wanting her cousin to find what the night had done to her. She prayed her heart out, weeping throughout. Her lips quivered as she did her sajdah, prolonging it as much as possible, making the prayer mat wet and as she raised her hand, she didn't knew how she was suppose to form words, just like the rest of the nights. And like every other night, she cried, cried for her parents and for herself. And as she sat there, with no tears, she realised that she once again had lost track of time.

With no energy she stood up, folding the mat and placing it at its place before changing into her nightwear. She turned off the lights and covered herself with her favourite comforter for which her cousin had fought with her mother.

But sleep was far away from her. She could still remember the incident that had taken place not long ago. She could still remember one particular face, that she couldn't forget. But she knew she had to.

There was just too much in her life and involving people would bring them nothing but grief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 7.5K 35
"If you didn't love me in the first place then you shouldn't have married me." She said, her heart sinking knowing that she didn't have a place in hi...
1.2M 88.7K 63
-UNEDITED- | IBRAHIM BOOK I | Iqraam Ibrahim; a billionaire who had it all. A loving family, money, fame, an empire and was living his dream as a CEO...
1.3K 205 28
She was happy She was content She wanted nothing more He came into her life He broke her into pieces. He left her with nothing But pain,sorrow and be...
78.3K 7.8K 57
She's a simple person with little to distress her, loves to practice deen though she isn't perfect. What happen when she got hooked up in the web of...