A Bond of Eternity - Genshin...

Por ArcanePanzer

When one leaves a legacy whether clean or tainted, only the future generations can keep it alive or redeem it... Mais

Prologue: Inevitable Sacrifice
Chapter 1: Undying Resolve
Chapter 2: Persistence
Chapter 3: Traces
Chapter 4: Pause and Preparation
Chapter 5: Prelude to a Mission
Chapter 6: Confrontation
Chapter 7: Healing
Chapter 8: Recovery
Chapter 9: Involvement
Chapter 10: Chiyo's Persuasions
Chapter 11: Living Changing Lives
Chapter 12: Festival Fun
Chapter 13: Escalation
Chapter 14: Boiling Point
Chapter 15: Battle for Inazuma
Chapter 17: Looking Ahead
Chapter 18: Old Phantoms
Chapter 19: Smoke and Darkness
Chapter 20: A Gleaming Grey Realm

Chapter 16: Preparing a New Age

670 23 7
Por ArcanePanzer

"As promised, the Raiden Shogun abolished the Vision Hunt Decree. Finally, her people's wishes penetrated her locked heart. Finally, her people's wishes penetrated her locked heart."

That one morning, there in the palace, the Raiden Shogun, as per Ei's instruction, gave out the long awaited order to abolish the Vision Hunt Decree to the Tri-Commission as well as to return the Visions to their rightful owners. With a wave of her hand, the Okuzumeshuu messenger immediately set out with the order. Chiyo and (Katsuo) are there, overseeing the momentous chapter in their beloved nation. The couple look at each other with smiles on their faces, knowing that they have succeeded.

The Raiden Shogun looked at them and her expressions became more... expressive. This is Ei now and she is eager to meet a long lost friend. Chiyo approached Ei and they embrace each other tightly, having not seen each other for five centuries. (Katsuo) couldn't help but smile at the sight of long time friends reuniting and knowing that contributed to make it possible.

"Beyond the Plane of Euthymia, she saw what eternity means in the eyes of the world."

Inazuma City is already back to normal after a while since the decisive act of its people to change their nation for the better. It is as if there was no battle that occured here in the first place; all of the stalls are unharmed, the people are out in the streets, feeling their newfound freedom now that news that the Vision Hunt Decree is going to be abolished today spread like wildfire. Truly, Inazuma is now a nation shaped by humans.

The disciples of the Mist-Blade Sentinel are there in the streets of Tenryou, enjoying the new things that the city has to offer as celebration to the abolishment of the damaging decree. Rikku, Ujio, Enkō, and even Omura is there, walking side by side and seemingly having put aside the past events that led up to this moment. After all, they are a few of a kind. The unity that was created between them is unbreakable even by the gods.

Jutsurai is with them as well, but having abandoned them in favor of the opposing faction in the civil war for a long time, he feels that he does not belong with them anymore. It was he who has forsaken them and he feels responsible for it — one of them doesn't think so.

Ujio noticed Jutsurai trailing behind. His vigour and spirits have been restored since his Vision was returned to him in courtesy by Omura. He called to the former top disciple of the Mist-Blade and gestured for him to join them. Hesitant, Jutsurai looked at his former fellow students and saw their approving, smiling faces. It seems that even though there is a rift between them, the chains of bonds remain strong deep within them.

Jutsurai gave them a nod and eagerly joined them in enjoying the refreshed city, cracking jokes and buying food until they had their fills.

"When one's fervent ambition burns brightly, the gods will cast their gaze upon you."

Yae Miko, the mastermind of setting Inazuma to the path of progress and transformation once more, strolls around the Grand Narukami Shrine. She had heard of the news that the Raiden Shogun has finally listened to the cries their people and has given the order to abolish it. It is indeed a time for celebration. She looks up to the sky where once the gaze of gods came from.

To say that she is alone in planning the entire scheme, however, is certainly incorrect. There was someone else who helped.

A woman with white hair and kitsune ears stood by the entrance of the main building. She is wearing a what seems to be a newly crafted miko priestess outfit albeit a more refined and perhaps timely design. She is smoking through a pipe and an aura of dignity emanated from her. She, too, looks up to the sky, reminiscing of the old times.

Miko looks at the kitsune woman who in turn acknowledged with a gaze. The Guuji gave her a nod and the woman returned it, knowing that they succeeded and hinting that the woman in white is the consort who assisted in planning Inazuma's return to progress and Ei's self-actualization.

"Some ambitions have the power to heal wounds... To bring victory. To inspire hope."

Gorou returns to Watatsumi Island with the army. He returns home with his men finally victorious after a long war that for raged for over year. He will never forget the moment when he came face to face with the Raiden Shogun and seemingly certain death along with (Katsuo) who was his enemy much like Kujou Sara. At long last, their words have been heard.

Enkō saw Ayaka as well as two other Yashiro Commission representatives waving at him. Just as he pondered what the reason could be, he remembers it. Now that the Vision Hunt Decree has been abolished, one of his long time friends can go back out once again without the fear of being prosecuted. He excused himself from his fellow disciples and joined Ayaka in inviting Thoma out.

They arrive at the Komore Teahouse and call for Thoma to come out. A moment passes and the door of the Komore Teahouse opened and the blonde young man exited, feeling the freedom that he regained after what felt like an eternity. Outside, he saw Ayaka, Enkō, Sayu, and Nana waiting for him. Together, they welcome their loyal friend back to Inazuma with Ayaka having even planned a small celebration.

"But some ambitions outlive their masters, long after the soul ascends."

Near the Grand Narukami Shrine, Kazuha arrives at a grave marked by a sword. It is here where his friend now rests after he challenged the rule of the Raiden Shogun - perhaps he is the one who truly kick-started everything that finally led up to this, only that it costed the sacrifice of his life as well many others. Nevertheless, he fulfilled his desire to brave the lightning's glow and Kazuha, while still saddened by his passing, is also happy for his friend, knowing he is now at peace more than ever.

The young samurai returns the masterless Vision to its rightful owner. Kazuha prays for his friend before standing up. He disappears into the wind as a sign of moving on, leaving the sword, the scarf, and the Vision behind.

"They remain as they were in the beginning, burning bright and true, for all eternity."

- Some time later... -

Having reacquainted with Chiyo once more, Ei is overjoyed. (Katsuo), ever the trustworthy one, has fulfilled yet another promise as he always has. Ei is proud to call him her friend.

Despite their reunion, Ei is still moved by the Traveller's conviction to change the way she rules Inazuma. Her concept of eternity has been challenged and now, she must mull over it once more to redefine what eternity means to Inazuma and its people. She has voiced these concerns to both Chiyo and (Katsuo) including taking the time to think about everything.

"Do you really have to go? It has been so long and..." Chiyo trails off, upset that Ei must leave them once more. Ei holds both of her red hands.

"Don't worry. It will not be long. I just... need time to think." Ei says to the oni maiden.

"Then, come back soon. We have a lot to catch up on and I'm sure Miko has a lot to tell you too." Chiyo tells Ei who nods in response. Ei then turns to her enenra friend.

"(Katsuo)... Words cannot describe how proud I am to call you my trusted advisor and my friend above all else." Ei says to (Katsuo) who smiles.

"Of course. Between us all, there is eternity in our friendship after all." (Katsuo) replies. Ei nods.

"We can discuss the foundation of the Yūreitachi Clan as well as this new Commission that you proposed once I return. I will especially be honored to be able to contribute to the creation of your very own clan." Ei tells him.

"It was a long overdue project." Chiyo remarked and Ei chuckled.

"Indeed it is, Chiyo." Ei mused.

"I had my reasons." (Katsuo) retorted to Chiyo who playfully glanced at him.

"I'm sure you did, (Katsuo)." Chiyo mused. "But of course, that naturally includes me since you're so head over heels for me." She adds with a smirk and (Katsuo) raised an eyebrow at her.

"Haha, I see that you two are as playful as ever. It is such a wholesome sight." Ei comments. She then sighs, knowing that she must leave for now. "I must go, Chiyo, (Katsuo). I promise that we will see each other again soon." She tells them and they nod.

"We'll be waiting, Ei." Chiyo replies.

With that, Ei lets go of Chiyo's hands and took several steps back. Moments later, her eyes glowed for several seconds before the light receded, signifying that she has returned to the Plane of Euthymia and the Raiden Shogun is back in control.

Chiyo and (Katsuo) turn to leave. The Raiden Shogun stared at both of them as they left the chamber. Her eyes furrowed as several thoughts ran through her mind.

The couple exit the palace and make their way down the steps where they fought the Raiden Shogun in that fateful night. They could make out small, minor scratches on the steps that were caused by their blades as they battled. Now, they have become a permanent fixture into the concrete and perhaps a symbolism into the change that is to come to Inazuma.

"Do you think Ei will ever consider ruling Inazuma directly and not through a proxy?" Chiyo inquires to as they reach the bottom of the steps and walk into the courtyard where a group of Okuzumeshuu samurai are gathered in a formation.

"I'm sure she will. It will not be immediate, but I reckon that something else must happen before she does. At this point, I doubt that she is considering that option yet." (Katsuo) answers and Chiyo nods.

"I hope the day when she does will come sooner. The Sakoku Decree is still in force, still cutting Inazuma from the rest of Teyvat." Chiyo mutters with a sigh.

"All will be fine in time, my love. The Sakoku Decree will be abolished just like the Vision Hunt Decree as Inazuma progresses forward once more." (Katsuo) comments. "When that happens, we must be prepared as that path, whichever it may be, will be arduous but filled with opportunities." He states and Chiyo hums.

"Mhm. You're right. We have made Ei to reconsider everything and whatever path she may put Inazuma on, we will support her." Chiyo declares with a determined expression. (Katsuo) smiled at her show of passive bravado.

"That reminds me... I find it quite surprising that you managed to scheme behind my back." (Katsuo) muses, gaining her attention. "Exposing and exploiting the weaknesses of Shogunate defenses and sneaking in a sizeable force of resistance fighters is no easy task."

"Well, I took a note out of your book... and literally from the Teyvat Art of War. I have to use the knowledge somehow." Chiyo states and (Katsuo) crossed his arms.

"So, it took you betraying my trust on you to accomplish them?" (Katsuo) remarks and Chiyo laughed.

"Hahaha! Oh, (Katsuo), don't be such a child. It was all just fun and games~" Chiyo teased. (Katsuo) just shakes his head in amusement of her antics.

The oni maiden's mind wandered back to their interaction with their friend back in the palace. Chiyo looked back up to the palace above them. When she spoke with Ei, she felt something stirring inside her. She couldn't understand what it is but it felt... opposing.

"(Katsuo), there's something about Ei. She felt... conflicted, internally mind you." Chiyo murmurs as (Katsuo) also looked towards the direction of the palace. "You felt it too, didn't you?" The oni maiden asks the enenra.

He was about to ask her what's wrong when he stopped himself. He would be displaying ignorance — he, too, noticed it. There is something that is conflicting with Ei's consciousness... as if another being is becoming belligerent against her.

"I have." (Katsuo) briefly says.

Chiyo hums. "I couldn't make out much of it. It's faint, but it is growing." She says absentmindedly. "Ah, but maybe I'm just imagining things. If it's there, I'm sure that Ei would have no problems." She muses, smiling.

"Of course. She is strong. We'll make it through this chapter with her at the top." (Katsuo) says, agreeing without a second thought.

"Yes... Now, we just have to wait for Saiguu and Hiroshi to come back." Chiyo murmurs and (Katsuo) nodded. They walk towards the Okuzumeshuu assembled in the courtyard where one of the hatamoto is overseeing them. The hatamoto notices them and bowed.

"Lord (Katsuo), Lady Chiyo." Masaoki, the same hatamoto who accompanied (Katsuo) in his expedition to Yashiori Island, greeted the elder enenra and the oni maiden. "Lord (Katsuo). The second group of samurai that you requested are ready for your orders." He informs (Katsuo).

"Has the first group left for the Hiiragi Estate?" (Katsuo) asks Masaoki who nodded.

"Yes, Lord (Katsuo). I have already sent the first group to apprehend the dishonored Kanjou Commissioner just before the break of dawn. If all went well, they should have arrested him by now." The hatamoto answers.

"Then we must receive a messenger within this hour." (Katsuo) commented. "Although, I predict that the news will say that he is resisting. He's always been defensive of his appointment ever since he received it and he will not give it up so easily. I will make him if that happens." He declares.

"(Katsuo), are you sure that we must remove the competent leaders of the two Commissions?" Chiyo asks him, skeptical.

"They were incompetent enough to be fooled by Signora. Fools do not have a place in the Tri-Commission." (Katsuo) told Chiyo who chuckles.

"Haha. You are still just as firm as the old (Katsuo) that I know." Chiyo remarked with a smile.

"I would not have fulfilled my promise to you if I were not." (Katsuo) mused. "Besides, you made me like this." He added.

"Mm. It would appear so." Chiyo smiles. "I will meet with your disciples. We'll continue our prosecution of the Fatui. While they are already on their way out of Inazuma, it's likely that some of them will stay to continue their nefarious ways. We'll make sure that they won't." She states and (Katsuo) nods.

"Good call. In the meantime, I will put Kujou Takayuki on house arrest. If he thinks that he can defy the Okuzumeshuu, he will not dare to even speak ill of me if I am with them." (Katsuo) states.

"Please be careful, (Katsuo). They're still humans, after all." Chiyo told him. (Katsuo) chuckles.

"Don't worry. I know more about it than you do." (Katsuo) remarked.

"By the way, Lord (Katsuo)," Masaoki calls out to (Katsuo) who looks at him. "We have made an independent investigation about a month prior to the battle. Aside from from Lady Chiyo's cooperation with the Watatsumi Resistance, we also found evidence of a number of their members who went undercover in the city, specifically near Tenshukaku. Evidence suggests that they somehow managed to infiltrate the border or they had assistance." He informs the elder enenra.

"Truly?"

"Yes, milord. That's what our investigation entailed, although we only found out at the last second." Masaoki confirms.

(Katsuo) frowns, immediately having an idea on who might have been involved. "Was it the Shuumatsuban?" He asks.

Masaoki looks at him in surprise and hesitates for a moment. "Uhh, we're not sure, milord." He replies.

"It can only be them. There's no other organization in Inazuma that can sneak in Resistance members undetected like they did." (Katsuo) states before something clicked in his mind. "Hmm. That might explain why Kamisato Ayato was seldom seen — he was directly commanding the Shuumatsuban. Clever boy." He comments.

"That might also explain why coordinating with the Resistance was easier for me. There was someone else out there." Chiyo comments and (Katsuo) hums. "What are you going to do about him?" She asks him.

"Nothing. He is, at the end of the day, an ally. Though I would like to have a word with him regarding the Shuumatsuban's treatment of my disciples." (Katsuo) states.

Chiyo nods. "I must go now. I should also go and see the men that I took in." She says. (Katsuo) tells her not to take a bite off them, metaphorically speaking. Chiyo chuckles. "Haha, alright. I'll see you soon." Chiyo bids him farewell and soon left Tenshukaku, leaving (Katsuo) to his devices.

"Is everyone ready?" (Katsuo) asks the group of twenty Okuzumeshuu that he will be leading.

"Yes, Lord (Katsuo). We are ready." The yoriki leading them replies to the Mist-Blade Sentinel.

"Then let us go. We have a disgraced man to arrest." (Katsuo) muses.

(Katsuo) brought the group of elite samurai out of the entrance of Tenshukaku and made their way to the Kujou Estate; the other soldiers and citizens staying out of their way for they know what comes next. Reaching the Kujou Estate, they are met by Tenryou Commission guards who, upon seeing (Katsuo), did not oppose them and the arresting force entered without issue.

The atmosphere in the Kujou Estate is understandably tense. Everyone knew what their Commissioner has done which is negotiate and agree to the demands of a Fatui Harbinger. Most them simply are not in the position to question the decision of Kujou Takayuki, but (Katsuo) certainly is. To them, the presence of the Mist-Blade Sentinel in this kind of situation is a sign of ill omen.

Following their instructions, a large portion of the group of Okuzumeshuu stood in place around the Estate's courtyard while several stayed with (Katsuo) as he made his way to the household itself. He noticed the guards standing by the entrance are positioned as if they are prepared to fight, implying that Kujou Takayuki doesn't intend to give up his position without a fight. With (Katsuo) at the helm, however, the guards backed down without as much as raising their weapons, unwilling to fight the ancient warrior.

The Okuzumeshuu who are with (Katsuo) pushed the Tenryou Commission guards out of the way as (Katsuo) came up on the sliding doors. His hand went to reach the doors, but he stopped. He senses two individuals just by the door itself, weapons drawn and ready to strike at anyone who will enter. Rolling his eyes in annoyance, he opens the door and summons the wakizashi counterpart of Kazemoya and blocked the predictable strikes from two Tenryou Commission soldiers.

Just in front of him past the two soldiers is Kujou Takayuki himself, Kujou Kamaji and the adopted daughter, Sara along with two more Tenryou Commission guards. (Katsuo) frowns and quickly parries the swords that tried to attack him, cutting down the two assailants and incapacitating them with ease using only a wakizashi. Seeing their fellows cut down by the last person they want to face, the two remaining guards immediately dropped their weapons and stepped back.

"M-Master (Katsuo)?" Takayuki stuttered as he quickly lowers his katana, fear gripping his heart as (Katsuo) unsummoned the wakizashi. (Katsuo) stares at him for a moment before his sight lands on Sara, contemplating what she intends to do.

"... Are you going to defend your father, Kujou Sara?" (Katsuo) asks her. Sara glanced at Takayuki with a bitter expression before closing her eyes and backing away.

"No, Master (Katsuo). I will not." Sara declares. Takayuki stares at her in disgust.

"Why you-! How dare you betray me, your father?!" Takayuki questions Sara, angered.

(Katsuo) lets out a light chuckle at his remark. "Betray you? Perhaps you are interested in the entertainment sector, Takayuki? Your joke is almost funny." (Katsuo) remarks and Takayuki fearfully returns his gaze towards his prosecutor. "I believe I know who Sara is more than you do. Her loyalty is unparalleled, unlike yours. Betrayal is never her thing." (Katsuo) states.

"Master (Katsuo)! What I have done is for the Raiden Shogun, for Inazuma-!"

"I will not hear of it, Takayuki. Whatever excuse you will make is bound to be nonsense." (Katsuo) sternly cut him off. "Sara has told me everything and they served to confirm my suspicions on you. You've done nothing but to further your own prestige; you've written false reports about the situation regarding the civil war when it was still ongoing, disregarded the sacrifices of many brave soldiers in the process, and collaborated with the Fatui to keep the Vision Hunt Decree enforced and suffocating the people, all to enrich yourself and your clan. You have committed treason of the highest order, Takayuki." (Katsuo) berates.

"... What will happen now?" Sara reluctantly asks even though she knows what all of it entails.

"I'm sure you know, Sara. Because of your treasonous father, the Kujou Clan has been disgraced and soon to receive the punishment of the Raiden Shogun. The Tenryou Commission will no longer be led by the Kujou Clan." (Katsuo) replies to her. "It is a shame, truly. You could have been an excellent Commissioner." He tells Sara, indirectly complimenting her.

"Master..." Sara trails off, internally feeling proud of the praise that she caught.

"From this point on, Kujou Takayuki, you will be under house arrest and stripped of all your honors, including your right to bear arms and command men. You will await the Raiden Shogun's punishment here and you will accept it if your wish to restore your honor." (Katsuo) told Takayuki before gesturing at the Okuzumeshuu who went and seized Takayuki's sword. "Sara." He calls to the tengu warrior.

"Master." Sara acknowledges.

"The Tenryou Commission may no longer be under your clan, but your skills as a leader and service to the Raiden Shogun as well as to Inazuma remain invaluable. I will not force you, but I implore you to continue commanding the Shogun's Army as you have in the past." (Katsuo) tells her. Sara looks at Takayuki who is just about to be escorted to his room. He glared at her, but Sara did not react. "You no longer have to answer to him. He has no right to be called your father anymore." He tells Sara. She sighs and nods.

"You're right, Master. After what he's done, he still asserts that he's done the right thing. Is disregarding the lives of my men in the frontlines worthless to him...?" Sara mutters, angry at her so-called father. She calms herself down before looking at (Katsuo). "Master (Katsuo). My will remains steadfast. Even if my honor is lost, I will continue to serve the Raiden Shogun no matter what." She declared and (Katsuo) smiles, satisfied.

"That is refreshing to hear, General." (Katsuo) says to her, addressing her with her rank that he essentially returned to her. He then turns to Kamaji who has been silent the entire time. "Kujou Kamaji, as the former heir of the Kujou Clan, the temporary leadership of the Tenryou Commission falls to you. I trust that you will not follow in your father's footsteps now that you know." He tells Kamaji who stayed silent for another moment before nodded.

"I understand, Master (Katsuo). I will do what I can to uphold what my father failed at. I promise." Kamaji swears. (Katsuo) nods. They exit the household and went out to the courtyard.

"We've always been at odds on who is the one holding the higher rank but in the end, it is you who truly is second only to the Raiden Shogun." Sara mused as they walked together. "And to think that you are the one who returned my position as the general of the army to me... Hah, the irony..." She murmured.

"I did not totally expect things to go the way they did, but maybe they are necessary so that life in Inazuma can start over." (Katsuo) replies to her.

"Yes... Maybe it is necessary after all." Sara murmured, agreeing.

"Sister, I am sorry. I should have told you sooner, but I didn't know if you would believe me or not." Kamaji apologized to Sara.

"I do not blame you, Kamaji, and maybe you were right to doubt me. If it were you who informed me first, I probably would not have believed it. You are not at fault here." Sara reassures him.

"Still, I should have done something. Maybe I could have told someone else like Master (Katsuo) here but... I was indecisive." Kamaji mutters.

"That is a lesson that you imposed upon yourself, Kamaji." (Katsuo) told him in an indifferent tone. Kamaji sighs.

"Yes... Perhaps all of this could have been avoided when I just did something." Kamaji continues and Sara went beside him to comfort him.

Just then, an Okuzumeshuu messenger arrives. He is just about to enter Tenshukaku, looking for (Katsuo), when he spotted him at the entrance of the Kujou Estate with Sara and Kamaji. He went up to the Mist-Blade Sentinel with news from Ritou.

"Master (Katsuo). I bid you a good morning." The Okuzumeshuu messenger greets (Katsuo) who looks at him. "I have news for you regarding Hiiragi Shinsuke's arrest. At the current time, we are unable to do so as he has ordered the Hiiragi Estate to be barricaded and the Kanjou Commission guards to defend the property." He informs (Katsuo) who frowns.

"So he is resisting. It is just as I suspected." (Katsuo) commented. Sara immediately saw the opportunity.

"Master (Katsuo), allow me to deal with this traitor. Allow me to redeem my clan's honor even by a slight margin." Sara declares, but (Katsuo) shook his head.

"I object, General. Even if you went to deal with the Hiiragi Clan yourself, no honor will be restored if the people has no trust for you." (Katsuo) tells her. "More importantly, you and Kamaji need to recuperate after what happened especially to you. Rest, General. You have earned it." He adds.

"I... Very well, Master (Katsuo)." Sara bows and Kamaji does the same. "Thank you, Master, for giving me this second chance to serve the Raiden Shogun." She thanks him.

"I respect merit, General, and you certainly have a lot of it." (Katsuo) replied to her before he left with the Okuzumeshuu messenger, heading to Ritou.

He travelled north, passing by lively citizens and surprisingly, some Watatsumi soldiers who are staying in Konda Village in the meantime. No longer that he sees them as enemies, having understood that they all have been played by the Fatui who is their true enemy.

He arrives in Ritou where he found Kanjou Commission personnel temporarily under the command of the Okuzumeshuu yoriki as he has ordered. The Outlander Affairs Agency is also similarly under the oversight of the Raiden Shogun's personal guard. At least that has been achieved.

This is what he proposed to Ei; the creation of a new, secret commission that will watch over Inazuma as a whole from the shadows as well as take over diplomatic roles for when the Sakoku Decree ends and Inazuma reopens to Teyvat. It is the perfect role for his kin, the enenra, and will be the first time that his people becomes directly involved with the governance of their nation. Through it, (Katsuo) hopes that whatever happened in the recent past will never be repeated.

His mind returns to the situation at hand. To think that the leaders of two branches of the Tri-Commission would be so willing to work with a foreign organization that sought to being Inazuma down — they are either unaware that they were being manipulated or they are downright stupid and ignorant. But how could that be? (Katsuo) has watched them grow up into some of the greatest men in their generations, so much so that they attained their positions both through nepotism and merit. He has seen them as intelligent leaders and even taught them some of the knowledge that they would need to be leaders; they should have seen the evil that was coming, they simply should have! And yet, here he walks on his way to apprehend the last of the two.

Despite those thoughts, he knows that what he will do now must be done.

(Katsuo) goes straight to the entrance of the Hiiragi Estate where he found a joint force of Kanjou Commission ashigaru and Okuzumeshuu guards besieging the entrance, but are unable to enter due to the resisting loyalists. He finds the yoriki who he put in charge of the entire operation.

"Lord (Katsuo)." Yukimura, the Okuzumeshuu yoriki bowed to (Katsuo) as he approaches him.

"Report." (Katsuo) instructed.

"Yes, milord. When we arrived, I have given the Kanjou Commission your ultimatum as you instructed. Half of the members and representatives including the Outlander Affairs Agency yielded, but the other half retreated to the Hiiragi Estate and, well... here we are now." Yukimura reports to him.

"How many times have you warned them?" (Katsuo) questioned. Yukimura went into thinking for a moment before replying.

"I... don't recall anymore, milord. But it was a lot." Yukimura replied. (Katsuo) stared at the entrance of the estate and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Very well. I will lead the way. Follow me." (Katsuo) told Yukimura before making his way to the entrance.

"Yes, milord! Men, follow the Mist-Blade!" Yukimura instructed the Okuzumeshuu and the Kanjou Commission personnel who sided with them. They follow closely behind (Katsuo) as he led them to the entrance.

They came upon the entrance that is, surely enough, blockaded by crates and other materials in an attempt to keep them at bay. (Katsuo) is irked at the sight and summoned Kazemoya, not intending to let it delay his judgement. Inside, the loyalist Kanjou Commission guards stand at the ready to defend the estate as per their Commissioner's orders. They failed to take into consideration that a displeased (Katsuo) would come to deal with them personally.

The barricade is suddenly blasted open, sending the materials that made it up back into the Estate, hitting and incapacitating some of the guards. From the smoke, (Katsuo) and the Okuzumeshuu emerged and upon seeing him, the loyalists dropped their weapons faster that they could think and went to their knees to beg for mercy. (Katsuo) ignored their pleas as he walked past them, letting the Okuzumeshuu arrest them.

(Katsuo) soon goes up the steps where the remaining loyalist guards predictably surrendered without a fight, with the following Okuzumeshuu arresting them in an identical fashion. (Katsuo) opens the door of the household and barged in and there, he found Hiiragi Shinsuke along with several other guards in an oddly identical situation with Kujou Takayuki.

"Lord (Katsuo)!" Shinsuke exclaimed in terror as he and his guards dropped their weapons, also unwilling to clash with the Mist-Blade Sentinel. (Katsuo) glared at Shinsuke as he stood in front of him.

"... 'Serve the Almighty Shogun', hm? Do you remember those words that you said to me the last time I visited?" (Katsuo) questioned the disgraced Commissioner who stayed silent as Okuzumeshuu samurai entered the household. "Answer me, Shinsuke." (Katsuo) said sternly, causing Shinsuke and his guards to flinch.

"Y... Yes, Master (Katsuo)." Shinsuke admits.

"And what have you done?"

"Master (Katsuo)! I...! I have done everything I can to serve her, Master (Katsuo)! You have to believe me! And these Okuzumeshuu have no right to arrest me! They never had that jurisdiction to begin with!" Shinsuke reasoned.

"Don't you realize your situation, Shinsuke?" (Katsuo) questions the former Kanjou Commissioner. He then gestured to the Okuzumeshuu behind him. "I don't need these men to deal with you. Bringing them here is merely a formality and I can easily execute you now on the spot for your crimes." He berates Shinsuke. "In addition, both the Kanjou and the Tenryou Commissions are at fault for collaborating with the Fatui. In that regard, only the Okuzumeshuu, although unconventional, is the only force that can deal with the situation at the moment. I personally asked the Raiden Shogun to lend me command of the entire Okuzumeshuu until the new commission is in place." He told Shinsuke who looked at him in confusion.

"A... new commission?" Shinsuke asked, confused.

"You are no longer privy to such knowledge, Shinsuke. You lost that right the moment you entertained Signora with an audience." (Katsuo) told him before gesturing for the Okuzumeshuu behind him who came to arrest Shinsuke.

"... Will my daughter, Chisato be able to take over at the very least, Master?" Shinsuke asked (Katsuo).

"Certainly not." (Katsuo) replied almost immediately. "This is your fault, Shinsuke. Because of what you have done, your clan has lost its honor and is officially stripped of its leadership position in the Tri-Commission. Young Chisato will no longer be destined to be the Commissioner." He told Shinsuke who lowered his head in shame. "Wallow about all the crimes that you have committed in prison. Take the time to regret everything before your punishment comes." (Katsuo) concluded before gesturing for the Okuzumeshuu to take him away.

"Master (Katsuo)..." A young woman's voice called to (Katsuo). Turning to look, he sees Hiiragi Chisato peeking out from one of the rooms.

"I believe you have heard everything." (Katsuo) stated and Chisato nods.

"Yes, Master (Katsuo). I just... can't believe that my father did this." Chisato murmured.

"You are not at fault, young Chisato, but your clan takes the blame. It is unfortunate, but this is how things always been when it comes to the Tri-Commission. You remember the story of one of your clan's vassals, the Sendai, and what happened to them, don't you?" (Katsuo) said and Chisato nods.

"Who will command the Kanjou Commission now?" Chisato asked.

"The Okuzumeshuu will take over under my oversight. It is but a temporary arrangement until the Raiden Shogun appointes a new clan to lead it." (Katsuo) answered. He turns to Yukimura the yoriki. "I will send for officials from Tenshukaku to assist you in managing the Kanjou Commission and its objectives. Expect them to be here within this week." He told Yukimura who bows.

(Katsuo) promptly leaves the Hiiragi Estate and joins the Okuzumeshuu in escorting their high profile prisoner back to the city to be incarcerated. There, both Shinsuke and Takayuki will be punished when the day comes. The civil war may be over and the Vision Hunt Decree scrapped, but his work is far from over. His plans extends farther into the future, safeguarding Inazuma and the progress that it may and will achieve. That way, perhaps, he can also help Ei realize what Makoto wants her to understand about eternity.

That way, Inazuma could truly stand independent of Celestia and the Heavenly Principles.

Elsewhere, Chiyo is planning to return to Yashiori Island and find the nobushi who she enlisted months ago. One of the Kairagi mentioned a machine called the Maguu Kenki and surmised that she might see something familiar about the machine and Chiyo is interested to find out.

She would still be on her way if it weren't for a group of Fatui who she found lurking by the beach.

Not intent on letting the treacherous people walk on her land, Chiyo brandished her sword and eliminated all but one of the agents. She questioned the agent why they aren't leaving Inazuma as they should like the rest of their people and from the agent, Chiyo learns that they are Signora's men and that they are on the path to avenge their former master.

"We're staying because we want to see Inazuma burned to the ground! This is payback to what you have done to Signora!" The Fatui agent said to her without a pause.

"Watch your tongue, outsider." The typically gentle and restrained oni maiden uncharacteristically snaps at the Fatui agent, showing a part of the bloodlust that is innate to her kind. "What you and your people have done here is unforgivable and Signora deserved what happened to her. We've been merciful to let you all go back to Snezhnaya peacefully, yet you are here, speaking of payback and burning Inazuma?" She spat with venom in her voice. "Hmph. Maybe we were too lenient. Maybe the Kanjou Commissioner made a mistake to let you all come here." She states as she unsummoned her swords. The Fatui agent took this chance to brandish a hidden blade and charged at her, intending to kill her.

"Die!" The Fatui agent yelled. Before he could reach her with his blade, however, Chiyo nonchalantly slapped the arm holding the blade away.

In a horrifying twist of events, Chiyo grabbed the agent by his garments and almost in an instant, she bit down on his neck; her sharp teeth tearing through cloth and flesh alike. She ignored the screams of terror and pain of the agent as she bit off a chunk of flesh from the human before letting him collapse to the ground and spitting out the meat and fabric that she tore from his neck. She summoned her old sword and swiftly decapitated the agent's head, ending his suffering.

Chiyo took a breather to recompose herself. She walked to the water and washed her face and mouth of the blood that she unintentionally painted herself with. After making sure that she no longer has bloodstains on her person, she stands up and goes on her way like nothing happened, passing by the corpses of the other Fatui skirmishers who she also killed with ease.

"Poor humans. None of you truly deserved this fate." Chiyo murmured for the fallen Fatuus. "But we're in different sides of morality. For now, you are my enemies."

She is already expecting the situation with the Fatui to be as bad as she had just witnessed. After learning of the true extent of their operations in Inazuma, any slither of mercy of them became blurry in the oni maiden. She will see to it that they are removed from Inazuma, one way or another...

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.1K 77 6
In the year of 2021, the mystery siblings came from long distant of pasts, but claims as Emiya Shirou's children from the future! Here to help the pr...
1M 43.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2.9K 157 20
"Hey, buddy, do you know? The title of the world's greatest swordsman has been taken away by someone else?" "What? Is that so? Who is the greatest sw...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...