May Blossom High

By Omah_nwodo

> Grasping the railings, my hands tremble with bittersweet emotions. I'm uncertain if subjecting myself to th... More

Characters/ aesthetics(1)
Characters/aesthetics(2)
Kendalls Pov (1)
Kendalls Pov (2)
Emma's Pov (3)
Emmas Pov (4)
Kendall's Pov (5)
Jessica's Pov (6)
Emma's Pov (8)
Kendall's Pov (9)
Kendall's Pov (10)
Emma's Pov (11)
Emma's Pov (12)
Kendall's Pov (13)
Kendall's Pov (14)
Emma's Pov (15)
Emma's Pov (16)
Kendall's Pov (17)
Jessica's Pov (18)
Emma's Pov (19)
Emma's Pov (20)
Kendall's Pov (21)
Kendall's Pov (22)
Einsteins pov (23)
Emma's Pov (24)
Emma's Pov (25)
Third party Pov (26)
Eric's Pov (27)
Jessica's Pov (28)
Kendall's Pov (29)
Kendall's Pov (30)
Emma's Pov (31)
Emma's Pov (32)
Third party Pov (33)
Kendall's Pov (34)
Kendall's Pov (35)
Emma's Pov (36)
Emma's Pov (37)
Third party Pov (38)
Einstein's Pov (39)
INTERMISSION (40)
Kendall's Pov (41)
Kendall's Pov (42)
Einsteins Pov (43)
Emma's Pov (44)
Emma's Pov (45)
Jessica's Pov (46)
Third party Pov (47)
Kendall's Pov (48)
Kendall's Pov (49)
Emma's Pov (50)
Emma's Pov (51)
Third party Pov (52)
Einstein's Pov (53)
Kendall's Pov (54)
Kendall's Pov (55)
Third Party Pov (56)
Emma's Pov (57)
Emma's Pov (58)
Landon's pov (59)
Mindy's pov (60)
Yvonne's pov (61)
Third Party Pov (62)

Emma's Pov (7)

113 31 16
By Omah_nwodo

You need to know how relieved I felt when mummy Joana told me she bumped into a high school bestie from way back, at the salon. It's been a while since mum had real friends and hung out with real adults. If Fred wasn't in the picture then it was grannie's illness keeping her occupied.

So during their chit-chat, they realized they both live close by, though theirs was where most of the rich folks lived.

Edison street harbored both the rich and famous, the houses weren't just ones with a white picket fence. Whenever I took my regular walk around the area I sometimes wished mummy and I lived in one of those houses. At least it would earn us a lot of respect from neighbors and friends but mostly, especially Fred.

He wouldn't have the nerve to come around such luxury knowing that we were okay without him. Not that our present home was bad, it was way better than the former but the houses at Edison street were so intimidating I'll admit.

They had regular cleaners very early in the morning cleaning the area. Sometimes I take a while to watch the number of sleek cars moving out of their there, it was Wow.

I even heard a rumor that the hip-hop singer Rihanna owned a condo there but was hardly around. I'm not sure what to believe but it's very much possible. I just want to make friends with anyone who lives there. I'll be the happiest girl on earth.

So that brings me to the enthusiastic jittery feeling I've been having since last night when mum announced her friend Catherine invited us to her housewarming party today at her home in Edison Street.

My mouth was wide open for a while and I'm sure if mummy hadn't shut it for me, flies would've. I'm finally making friends there, I'm finally going to be hanging out at a sleek mansion with automatic doors and windows. They might even have private jets parked in the backyard. I hoped.

And the best thing about this news is that Catherine's kids are also schooling at May blossom high.

Damn! Can it get any better? I thought.

I just need to play my big girl cards right and charm the rich spoiled kid. I bet she's less of a snob than I am but I have to tune down on my anger issues. I know it kinda ruins stuff for me especially when someone is acting up.

I apply my mascara with ease and a nude kylie lipstick. I'm not one for heavy makeup because I'm a beautiful girl, well I guess because Manuel said so.

He was an unrequited love from my former school. My simp and bestie. I knew he loved me to the moon and would do anything just to be by my side. I hated nerds and Manuel was one, till date I didn't know how I could keep up with him as a friend since preschool.

Aside from him, a lot of guys who saw me through puberty then wouldn't just peek once.

I always get the stare, up till now I'm used to it so makeup has never been on my list but May blossom high has shaken my confidence level. With everyone engulfed in themselves to care about others. Money and reputation mattered a lot I realize, I need to up my game a notch at least.

Mummy Joana peeps into my room looking tasty like she's single. She's wearing a purple suede slit gown and her hair is intact with tendrils. I'm so jealous of her, even without makeup or a lip shade she's still breathtaking. I watch with admiration, she deserves a man who will worship the ground she walks on, every step she takes, and won't let a tear fall off her beautiful face. She's meant for luxury.

If only I look exactly like her, I'd be married to a rich man living at Edison street. I loved that street.

Mum looks me up and down, she's always conscious of what I wear as if I'd shame her with my love for skimpy things but not today. I wanted to look classy, not hot like a club girl type.

"Hm... nice choice there honey! you look gorgeous. I thought this would be me trying to do a last-minute wardrobe remedy for you, to remind you this isn't a high school event" I chuckle. She knows me so much when it comes to my preference but I guess she's rubbing off her fashion tastes on me.

"I'm ready to go ma," standing from my spot at the vanity mirror. My gosh! I look different and I have curves that I didn't realize exist in my denim and a hot girl look.

I chose black because I love how it sets out my color so much, also one can never go wrong with black right?

So okay, I have to be sure of the kind of people I'll be expecting at the mansion to know my challenge and ways to get about them. One thing's for sure, girls at my school will be there and damn!... Do they dress to kill?

"Mum, your friend Catherine's daughter, is she in her senior year like me?" I ask, running after her in my pumps, careful not to fall. She turns towards me and I elaborate.

"I mean, I just wanna know if she's someone I've met at school you know, it'll be easier to get along with her and so" I shrug.

"Is it?" she watches me with that knowing expression.

"What?! Mum, I'm serious, I really wanna make friends at school and otherwise isn't that the reason we moved? I know you think I'm asking because I feel intimidated but that's not it. I promise. Do you even know her name? Have you seen her at all? Is she tall like me or taller? " I can no longer help myself, I need to know if she's a bitch or a nerd. If she was the latter then lucky me! I'd pimp her to my standards and we'll rock the world.

"Emma stop!" mum whisper-yell, taking me by surprise.

"This isn't your former school, there's no Gina here nor Sierra to compete with. Besides I won't call what you guys had back then a healthy competition if it always ended with you guys in detention besides who told you Catherine's children were girls?" she says grabbing the car key and walking off like she did not just throw me off balance.

Boys?... Were they boys? I never thought about that, I just assumed it was a girl, Hollywood kinda girl. Now, I feel like chilling in my bed with some Beyonce music and forgetting all about the dinner at Edison street or my plans to make friends there.

Mummy is so cruel with hiding such important info from me. I mean she should have said something earlier I didn't put all these on to impress some stupid jock at school.

My phone vibrates in my hand and it's Joana calling. Yes Joana, she's acting like one. I sigh and force myself to finish what I already started.

"Must we go in this car, it's not that far from ours" I complain, hating the fact that we're going in her beetle car. I'm already feeling the embarrassment all over. Who goes to the rich area with such a beaten-up car that can't even be classified as one?

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about honey, this car is vintage, yeah?" she smiles, I turn to watch her in total astonishment. She always says that, vintage my foot!

We get to Edison street but we're parked at a far end thanks to other guests who arrived earlier and occupied the open spaces. At least nobody from school will see me getting off of that thing. We walk to the mansion and I pause at the sight before me.

I'm so envious of Catherine right now. I'm feeling intimidated by the beauty before me. I haven't come across this particular house since my tour here.

It's what anyone would wish for. It's everything I want with mummy Joana. I look her way to see if she feels the same way as me.
But trust her to put on a poker face and convince the whole world she's okay, nice facade mum!

She brushes her tendrils unconsciously, straightening her back before taking a step into the long hallway that holds beautiful art pieces by the sides.

Were they monumental freaks?... I have to ask. Maybe the husband works in a museum because the effigies and paintings were expensively displayed.

I'm not an art person but I appreciate the beauty and so did I until a voice squeals behind us, I turn around to see a Marylin Monroe kinda lady walking elegantly towards us, wow.

She is not just a redhead but so damn gorgeous, so polished and she wraps mum in a quick hug, both of them smiling from ear to ear, giggling like high schoolers.

I watch with so much admiration. She's everything I want to be in the future. Rich, famous if you're to judge by the number of people moving in and out of the house already. I'm already picturing myself as her and this, my house with guests everyone adoring me.

"Emma!" Mum calls drawing my attention to them and Oh my gosh! Catherine has her full gaze on me.

Her eyes are kinda grey, I bet they're natural not contacts because that woman is an epitome of beauty itself and I feel honored, no cap.

Taking in a huge breath I walk up to them with a smile.
"Hi, Mrs. Hat! I'm Emma, and your house is so beautiful that I could get lost in it."
She laughs exposing her white teeth, which I'm sure were properly looked after by her dentist.
At this point I know I'm gushing over her and I need to tune it down in my head.

"Oh, sweetie I love that you love my home. You're welcome anytime Emma. You can call me Cathy for short." I nod quickly like an obedient student.

Okay, it wasn't such a bad idea to attend this party. Even though my aim was wasted I could use a friend in Cathy I shrug.

"Your mum tells me you just got into May blossom high as a senior?"

"Yeah, I did" feeling proud of myself, for the first time, my intellectual excellence was boosting my confidence and persona.

"That's wonderful, only a very bright student would. Hey, have you met my boys? They attend May blossom high as well. You guys might make good friends, you know, especially my son Eric, he's such a wonderful kid?" she suggests rubbing her palms. She gets a servant in white to call her son Eric. I squeeze my face with such disinterest.

Like I wanted to be friends with some boys who might think I'm another fan girl gushing over them.

Mummy Joanna gives me a stern look to behave myself which I ignore and continue with my exploration of the big mansion. At some point I find myself lost in the huge house without the knowledge of my location.

Phew, I think the wine has taken effect on me at this point because I'm roaming around like a lost puppy.

I find a door slightly ajar, it calls to me. The house is a conundrum and I want to explore every bit so I follow the door and everywhere is dark. The little bit of light sipping through the curtains is enough to let me see my path.

I get to an intrinsically carved door and I'm tempted to open it. Wondering what might be inside there, will I find a billion dollar lying carelessly inside there? Or a kinky kinda thing like the one in fifty shades of grey?

I guess I'll never know till I see for myself. I grab the doorknob in anticipation but a thunderous voice stops me.

"Hey, intruder!"

><{{{(•>

Don't forget to like below❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 2.7K 30
πŸ’–2022 WATTYS WINNER IN NEW ADULT CATEGORY!πŸ’– "You know what this reminds me of?" he asked. I shook my head, feeling the rush of our jump stir in my...
120K 9.3K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
77.6K 10.4K 58
This story is based on a true life story. Adesua is forced to attend a new school against her wishes. Fortunately for her, she finds her first love i...