𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 & 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺 (...

By Themanofculture

In the beginning, things were Balanced, as all things should be. However, for reasons unknown, the embodiment... More

BIO
Prologue- A witches gift
1.0- From Zero
1.1- Bowel Hunter
1.2- Breakdown of the cycle
2.1- The Sound Of Chains
2.2- REstart
2.3- The Meaning of Courage
2.4- Rem
2.4.1- Memory Snow
3.0- Return to the Capital
3.1- The Self Proclaimed Knight
3.2- The Crimson Sea
3.3- The Sickness Called Despair
3.4- The Outside of Madness
3.5- The Greed of a Pig
3.6- Restart Commence: From Zero
3.7- A Mothers Love
3.8- Battle Against the White Whale
3.9- A Flash of Sloth
3.10- Nefarious Sloth
3.11- The Traveller, Self-Proclaimed Knight & Greatest Knight
4.0- A Chance Encounter With the Witch
4.1- A Tea Party With the Witch
4.2- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt I
4.3- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt II
4.4- The HSIℲ˥ƎS Wielder of Flames: Prt III
A Valentines "Short"
Q
A
4.5- Who am I?
4.6- Childhood's End
Another Q
Another A

2.0- The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family

2.9K 115 215
By Themanofculture

(Y/N): Your name

No last name...

(L/N): Last name (False)

Race: Dragonoid

Element: ???

Age: ??? (18 Physically)

Normal Speech: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Whispers/Mutters: Like this

Shouting/Serious tone: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

——————————————

Subaru: This place really is huge! The yard isn't so much a yard as a field.

Emilia: Those are some unusual movements. What are you doing?

(Y/N): You've never seen someone so stretches before?

Subaru: Our homeland's ancient practice of warm-up exercise's. Come on, Emilia-tan! (Y/N)! Join me! Radio callisthenics, number two... Bounce on both feet to loosen up your body!

(Y/N): *Might as well...*

Both Subaru and (Y/N) started bouncing on their feet, startling Emilia.

Emilia: Eh? You're kidding!! What's that?

(Y/N): Just do as we do!

Subaru: Haiii!!! I'll drill the essence of radio callisthenics into you!

Emilia watched and then copied Subaru and (Y/N)'s movements. While Beatrice watched from a window.

Subaru: Now, raise both arms and shout, "VICTORY!!!"

(Y/N): VICTORY!!

Emilia: V-Victoryy!!!!

Puck: VICTORYYYY!!!! VICTORYYY!! Puck popped out and raised both arms to the air.

Puck: Ohayo, Subaru, (Y/N)! Great morning, isn't it?

Subaru: Well, since this morning's wee hours, it's been nothing but chaos for me. Looping hallways and a mean little girl on a rampage... And then, shedding the sweat of passion with Emilia-tan!!

(Y/N): Boi, don't act like I wasn't there because you have a crush...

Emilia: And don't make it sound scandalous! Good morning, Puck. Sorry I put you through so much yesterday.

Puck: Morning, Lia. I almost lost you yesterday. I can never thank (Y/N) and Subaru enough. I must do something for them.

Subaru: Okay~ Then let me pet your fur whenever I want!!

(Y/N): You know what, I would also like to request that...

Emilia: Eh? That's all??

Subaru: For a first-rate fur master such as myself, being able to love on the object of your petting affections at any time is worth as much as a multimillionaire's riches!

(Y/N): Quite simply, I'm not very ambitious, just live in the moment...

Subaru: Man, these ears!!

Subaru said as he felt Puck's ears, and (Y/N) started to stroke Puck's chin.

Subaru: aim in love with how soft your are!

(Y/N): Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Puck: Since I can read your mind I knew you were thinking that, but I'm still amazed that you can say it!... It's okay, Lia. I can't find any malice, hostility or Ill-intent in either of these two.

Subaru: It's so cute how you call her "Lia," too.

Puck: Not as cute as your "Emilia-tan"!!

(Y/N): Nicknames are the epitome of being close to someone~

Subaru: Right?

Emilia: You two really are strange...

Subaru: Huh?

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I heard what Emilia said, but I was wondering what she meant by it... When we both looked at her she just smiled and then Ram and... What was it again?.... Oh yeah, Rem. I was asking myself "Who's Rem?" And then it hit me... Anyway they approached us.

Emilia: What brings you here?

Rem/Ram: Emilia-sama. Our Lord, Roswaal-sama, has returned. Please come inside.

(Y/N): Do they rehearse this before they come or something???

——————————————

Beatrice: I was watching you from upstairs and you know what? It would seem you're both quite dumb, I suppose.

Subaru: Where do you get off saying that, you loli?!!

Beatrice: What does that word mean? I've never heard it before, and it irritates me.

(Y/N): Good. Because as adorable as you are, your attitude irritates me you drill Loli.

Puck: Yo, Betty. Haven't seen you in four days. Have you been well and staying ladylike?

Beatrice: Bubby!!!

What the hell?

Beatrice: I've been waiting for you to come home!! Will you stay with me today, do you suppose?

Puck: Sure, no problem! Todays the day we can finally relax together!

Beatrice: Yaaaayyy!!!!

Subaru/(Y/N): 🗿

Emilia: Bewildered, aren't you? Beatrice is so taken with Puck.

(Y/N): Hmm... I can see that...

Subaru: Who even says "Bewildered" nowadays?

🤡: OOOOOYYYYYAAAAAAAAA!! How unusual to see you here, Beatrice... I'm sooooo happy that you've decided to dine with meee.

Her mood took a 180.

Beatrice: Those boys are more than enough addle-brained fools for me, I suppose.  Betty was only waiting for Bubby!!

Subaru: Ahh! You guys hired a clown to entertain you before each meal? I'll never understand how rich folks think!

Emilia: Um, Subaru, that man is...

🤡: Ya Ya Yaaaaaaaa... It's quiiiite alright, Emilia-sama...

Subaru: What's going on?

🤡: Only that I am the loooord of this manor, Roswaal L. Mathers, Natsukii Subaru-kuuuuun.

This guys presence disturbs me greatly.

——————————————

(Y/N): Wow... The last time time I ate something this good was when Nella decided make something for me...

🤡: Heee heeee. Despite her appearance, Rem's cooking is quite impressive.

Subaru: So this was cooked by the one with blue hair... Um, Rem-chan, right? You made this?

Rem: Hai, Okyaku-sama. I do the cooking in this house. Nee-sama is not very god at cooking.

Subaru: Ah, twins who are good a different things! So your sister is good at cleaning, then?

Rem: Hai, that is correct. Nee-sama excels at housework, particularly cleaning and laundry.

Subaru: So your sister is good at those. Meaning your bad at cleaning and laundry but good at cooking?

Rem: No, I am generally good at all household tasks. I am also better at cleaning and laundry than my sister.

(Y/N): Why is your sister here then?

🤡: You two are truly straaaange young men...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

🤡: You come to the mansion of Margrave Mathers, in the kingdom of Lugnica, but you both claim to understand nooooothing!

(Y/N): Is something bad happening in this country?

Roswaal 🤡: Well, it is not in an agreeable state. After all, Lugnica's king is currently not present.

(Y/N): That's a first...

Roswaal🤡: No, there is no neeeeed to be concerned... Everyone is already aware of the reality.

Subaru: Really? I expects a "Now that you know my secret I can't let you leave here alive" thing.

Roswaal🤡: Around the same time as the king sent into hiding, an epidemic began to spread around the castle! The kiiiing and his children are the last of his liiiine. Currently, a council of wise men manages the nation, and they are nooooow in the process of selecting a new king!

He may not be a clown but he sure speaks like one-

Subaru: I see. I'm starting to get the picture. On top of his absence, the royal selection is causing confusion in the kingdom. Then we appear from another— WAIT WE'RE TOTALLY SUS HERE!!!

(Y/N): Nothing we can do about that at the present moment. At most we can just say it is a coincidence, but I doubt that would be easily believed.

Roswaal🤡: And on top of that. You both maaaade contact with Emilia-sama, thus becoming connected to my househoolllld!

(Y/N): I don't understand why the Lord of the mansion would refer to Emilia with "Sama".

Roswaal🤡: It's only natural to address someone of higher status with all due respect...

(Y/N): When you say... "Higher status"...

Emilia: My current status is a candidate to become the Kingdom of Lugnica's forty-second ruler, with Margrave Roswaal's backing.

Subaru: EHHHHH?!!!

So... Practically she's royalty??? This is uncanny. She just happened to be the next in line to rule the nation she comes from...

Ehh... But if I recall correctly... She wasn't into it at all really....

The only reason I met her was because she suck out of her... Castle...

Hm...

Emilia: Sorry to surprise you. I wasn't trying to keep it a secret.

She then placed the insignia she had on the table.

Emilia: This is what qualifies a candidate to be king. It's a touchstone for determining if one is worthy of the throne.

Subaru: Wait, Emilia-tan, you lost an insignia that qualifies you to rule the kingdom?

Emilia: Don't put it like that! I didn't lose it! It was stolen from me by a thief !

Subaru: That's the same thing!!

(Y/N): Is it really? True, a better job could have been done hiding it. But there is a clear difference between losing and it being stolen. So what happens if it really did get lost?

Roswaal🤡: Oh, myyyyyyy! If you'd lost it, then there would be nooooo doubt... If it were thought that one, who can't even protect a tiny insignia, can't be trusted with the nation's rule, that would be the end.

Subaru: Now that I think about it, I did a dam good job.

(Y/N): We...

Subaru: Right, Right. This totally raises my expectations for a reward...

Emilia: Yeah, you're right. You two were my saviours. So ask for anything.

Roswaal🤡: You may have any reward you request. Merely state your desire!!

Subaru: Hee Hee, In that case, I have but one request. Hire me to work in this mansion!!!!

...

...

...

...

...

Ram: Atchew!

A kinda adorable sneeze from Ram broke the silence... Asking to work here after now knowing all the facts doesn't help making us less suspicious... But I don't think what I want sounds any less suspicious.

(Y/N): I'm aware Beatrice stays in a library... So, I'd like to be able to stay here so I could read a few books there...

That creepy clown guy gave me..... An off look, like he was intrigued or something, then he began smiling... It was very.... Unsettling...

Beatrice also started to stare at me, but she didn't say a word.

My reasoning is simple... I just want to learn more about this world, including how magic works. I know once Nella wakes up she'll be interested in that place so why not.

Roswaal🤡: Sure, but I do ask that you keeeep anything you reaaaad in there to yourseeeeelf.

I reaally feel discomfort at the way this dude is staring at me.

——————————————

Emilia: That isn't quite right... Wasn't there anything else that fit?

The butler clothes he was given to wear were very baggy.

Subaru: Oddly, some of the girls' stuff fit me, but...

Rem: Our deepest apologies, Okya- I mean Subaru-kun...

Ram: You look ridiculous, Okyaku-sama. I mean, Barusu.

(Y/N): Hold on.......

Subaru: Um, Nee-sama, you just turned my name into a blinding curse.

(Y/N): Subaru... Barusu... Subaru... Barusu... Your name with some letters swapped around doesn't sound half-bad...

Subaru: Don't you start please!!

Ram: Rem, looking at Barusu's ridiculous appearance, notice anything?

Rem: His shoulders are shaped funny, his legs are short, and his eyes are scary? Frankly, I think (Y/N)-sama is more built for this type of work.

Subaru: I can't do anything about two of those!!!

Ram: We can't allow you to work here in such a shady-looking attire. People would question Roswaal-sama's dignity.

(Y/N): You mean it isn't already being questioned with that whole creepy clown makeup?

Everyone just stares at me blankly.

(Y/N):.... Err... I have a habit for voicing my thoughts aloud... It want my intention to offend..........

They all keep staring at me... They they just continue talking like I didn't just say anything-

Ram: Let is alter the jacket, at least. Rem, I'd you please.

Emilia: Well, I have to study for the royal selection. Good luck with your work, too, Subaru.

Subaru: Yep, leave it to me, Emilia-tan.

He said with a thumbs up and Emilia left... Hm... Guess I'll go to that library...

Rem: I shall take your measurements. Stand still, with your back straight.

(Y/N): Well, Imma be taking my leave as well then, catch ya later...

Subaru: Yeah, see y- *Moans*

(Y/N): Da Faq ಠ_ಠ?

Rem: Please refrain from making strange noises. It's unpleasant. (ō_ō)

Subaru: That was beyond my control... This is awkward for a guy like me in many ways!

After the measurements, Ram was going to give Subaru a 'tour' of the manor, so I decided I would tag along for that before leaving. Don't wanna wind up with a terrible sense of direction and then as a result take the wrong turns all the time like that one guy in the AU.

——————————————

Ram: This is the VIP room.

——————————————

Ram: This is the bathing room.

——————————————

Ram: This is the kitchen.

——————————————

Ram: And this is the lavatory.

(Y/N): If there was an award for quickest tour ever...

Subaru: In a mansion like this, the restroom must be huge.

Subaru opens the door... But we see Beatrice on her bed nuzzling Puck...

Beatrice: You're so great, Bubby! Your fur is the be— *Gasp*

(Y/N): What a dam sight to behold...

Subaru: Don't worry. I won't tell a soul. The feel of that fur would make anyone—

I step back and sigh, because it's happened to me too many times for me not to know when's it's coming.

After I stepped back, Subaru was flung out of the door and it closed.

Subaru: Hey!! Let me finish!!

He reopened the door and we saw the actual toilet.

Subaru:... Eh?

Ram: That was Beatrice-sama's Door Crossing.

Subaru: So it's a spell that can connect any door in the mansion to her room?

Ram: Once Beatrice-sama has eliminated her presence, there's no way to find her without trying every door in the mansion.

(Y/N): No offence but I call bullshit, It's this one...

I pick a door at random, with the way things have turned out, I'm almost certain it'll be-

(Y/N): Surprise mother fucker!!!

Beatrice: KYAAAA!!!

Puck: That was impressive, (Y/N)!!

Beatrice: You picked the right door again?

(Y/N): Hey, I don't do it on purpose, you just pick the wrong dammed doors you Loli...

Beatrice: I don't understand what you're saying!!

Subaru: Who even are you, anyway? Ros-chi's little sister?

Beatrice: I'd never want to be his sister, I suppose! Hmph!!

Puck: Betty is the librarian who oversees the Roswaal mansion's forbidden library.

Ram: Roswaal-sama is the greatest magic user in the kingdom. He has many books that mustn't be seen by others. Beatrice-sama is contracted to protect them.

(Y/N): That explains the strange looks when I asked to be able to read them...

Ram: (Y/N)-sama. Consider yourself very privileged that Roswaal-sama has allowed you to read these books.

(Y/N): Uh huh...

Maybe I could ask him for some knowledge on how magic works if the books are a dead end... I doubt it would come to that though.

Beatrice: If you get it now, then go away...

The door closed on us.

Well... Imma need to get myself back in there... Shouldn't be too hard...

——————————————

First try, Made it into the library, the problem came after, Beatrice's reluctance in letting me stay even though the clown man said it was okay.

Puck managed to convince her though and I started to look for books on how magic works in this world.

I learned quite a bit of information. It seems that in this world, Magic is quite "lacking".

Example being that there are four main elements. Fire, Water, Wind and Earth. And then there are the two others Yin and Yang that focus on debuffs and buffs.

However, according to Nella, on my home planet there were at least 14 different elements that could be manipulated using magic.

Fire, Water, Nature, Lightning, Ice, Earth, Air, Metal, Dark, Light, Holy, Demonic, Space and Time.

I did also find out that the magic in this world functions quite differently. For example, Fire magic in this world doesn't just grant the user control over flames, the user can manipulate temperature itself. Meaning they can generate things like ice, like Puck does. Fire magic on my home planet cannot do that...

But, magic on my home world does still have more diversity.

My attribute? Well... Actually... My attribute, as far as I know, has never been seen on my planet before.

It has many different names. Ancient magic. Arcane magic. And in some cases Primordial magic...

My magic allows me to manipulate all the elements.

I don't know why I have this magic... I asked Nella, and she didn't look like she knew...

Besides my own innate magic.... There's also... that.

The thing that's inside of me... I'm still wandering if Beatrice could sense it earlier...

I don't really know what it is that's inside of me... But... Nella told me not to trust anyone with that secret... That thing is the reason I'm able to equip that armour and even have a fighting chance against the thing that chases me from world to world.

Once again though... I'm not sure what it is... Or how it got in there...

When I arrived in the other worlds... Nella was the one who taught me everything I knew... She's kind of been like a mother to me... A very.... Suspicious mother that likes to make moves on their-

Yeah... Okay... Well... Mother might be the wrong word... Especially with her habit of walking around the house naked... But she still is kind of like a parental figure I guess....

But even with everything I've been through... I still know way too little...

I can roughly say it's been over a century since I've woken up...

But it sometimes feels like only yesterday, I was sitting at a lake with her, just staring out at the sunset....

I was sitting in a corner reading a book... But I slowly started to feel myself drift off.....

My head kept on going down... And then I decided to just give in-

——————————————

I start to see many flashes...

It's like they're my memories just flashing before my eyes...

Until...

The flashes just stop... And I can see myself...

A very slightly younger version of myself... Sitting with a cloak...

Right next to her...

(Y/N): Stacia!

I let out with a smile... I walk towards her and try to grab her hand... But it goes right through....

They're just.....

Shadows of the past.....

The distant past...

She was so kind yet strict...

Beautiful... But she did pack a mean punch...

She was a hard worker... And she still managed to balance her "outside" life with her duties and obligations...

I enjoyed the two years we spent together....

I continue to walk... But then a strong wind picks up...

The world around me changes and I'm suddenly standing above the clouds...

I jump as I hear a clash of weapons.

Three beings fly past me. My past self... Stacia... And then... That thing...

I don't know why it appeared... I don't know what it wants... It can't be reasoned with....

It took her away from me-

"STACIAA!!!!!"

I watch my younger self reach his hand out desperately in an attempt to save her... But she's enveloped in a bright white light and then she's shot off elsewhere at speeds I cannot possibly hope to reach.

She left a white trail as she was forcefully ejected...

And I could only watch...

Everything around me changes again... And I see her face, she was speaking to me. Before the battle with it.

"Listen to me, (Y/N). If anything happens to me. I want you to fly. Fly as far away as you can. Do not let that thing catch you."

"And... What about you... You can't expect me to-"

"Don't worry about me. Keep flying and don't look back. As long as you're safe... That's all that matters to me."

"But-"

"No time to argue..."

I really should have refused...

Everything changes again... I'm looking right at my past self... Staring with tears going down my face as the only family I had was taken right in front of me... And I couldn't do a dammed thing...

I remembered her words... And did as she told me...

I flew away as fast as I could.....

It chased after me, and we clashed. I didn't have nearly as much control over the strange power within me back then as I do now, after our energy beams clashed once I was sent spiralling all the way across the dam multiverse...

Shortly after that... I met Nella...

But ever since then, I always have nightmares about that moment.

That specific moment just before she got whisked away...

I remember that with perfect clarity...

And it's why I chose to fight that thing... I was tired of always running...

But see how well that turned out for me... Now I'm stuck in this world... Barely enough mana to even cast spells...

"Oi!"

I suddenly hear a voice...

"Hey!"

Where the hell is it coming from though?!

"Wake up!!"

——————————————

I suddenly sit up and look around frantically.

I see Beatrice staring down at me and I look up at her with an expressionless face.

Beatrice: If you're going to fall sleep, do it in your room. Betty doesn't want to see you drool on those books, I suppose.

(Y/N): Ah... My bad... Had a bad dream... This little "visit" was educational... Thanks... I'll be back tomorrow...

Beatrice: Betty would rather you didn't come back at all, I suppose.

(Y/N):..... You know... I'm beginning to wonder... You seem to hate people... But you always sit at the front door... Where people will always be frequenting when they enter this place...

She narrowed her eyes at me when I say that.

Beatrice: What are you trying to say?

(Y/N): Hm... Nothing... I guess I'll get out of your hair now...

Beatrice: Hmph... About time...

I stand up and place the book back on its shelf...

I then open the doors to the library and see the hallway that leads to my room.

(Y/N): Hmm.... We're quite alike...

Beatrice: What is it now, I suppose?

(Y/N): Your supposed dislike for people... Yet you sit at the front door... I find that very strange...

Beatrice: What about that makes us alike, I suppose...

(Y/N): You've been alone... Haven't you?

I look back at her and her eyes widen a little. She doesn't have that sour expression that she usually does. It's more of a perplexed one.

Beatrice: You don't know what you're talking about, in fact...

(Y/N): Yeah... Maybe I don't... I dunno... But when people tend act a certain way... They unconsciously do things inconsistent with their usual behaviour... This ain't my first rodeo... I've seen it many times before... Enough to be able to recognise this type of situation at a glance sometimes...

In all the worlds I've been too... There's been people like Beatrice... people who lack self awareness and show it in their actions. Or those who know deep down, and are in denial of their true feelings.

I don't really know what's going on with her... But I do have a strong feeling she's been alone for a long time... But if I'm being honest... It's just speculation, and I have no evidence to prove myself right.

Yet.

I close the library door, Beatrice didn't say anything as I left, and that's okay... Even though I've been sleeping for a while, I'm still pretty tired...

I just hope I don't have the same nightmare again...

Without Nella... I'll probably end up destroying half my room again...

With my lack of Mana... Maybe not...

Timeskip

It's been five days since we've been here... And I really just spent 99% of my time inside the library while Subaru does a poor job with house chores...

After the first day, I don't actually interact with Beatrice very much...

Every day, I'd just come in, read a few books, leave and repeat the next day...

Something I never actually questioned... Was how I was even able to read at all...

I'm used to being able to read... So I didn't even realise I was reading something that wasn't even in the alphabet I was familiar with...

Very strange.... Dam... I'm really hopeless in some areas without Nella... Perhaps I rely a little too much on her...

Right now... It's night time... I'm with Subaru and Emilia, she was talking to some lesser spirits...

Emilia: It isn't that fun to watch, is it?

Subaru: When I'm with you, nothing is boring, Emilia-tan.

Emilia: That makes me happy, even if you're only flattering me...

Subaru: Besides, we haven't had a chance to talk for the past few days.

Emilia: That's right. It must be difficult for you to learn your work here.

Subaru: Yes, it is! It's killing me! I wish I could be sequentially comforted in your arms, on your chest, on your lap—

Emilia: Hai, Hai. If you can joke around like that, you must be fine. How about you (Y/N), how have you been?

(Y/N): Hm... Well... I'm okay... As far as being okay goes....

Emilia: Are you sure?

Subaru: Umu Umu... Howndo I put this... These past few days... You've been a bit... "mopey".

Emilia: Has Beatrice been treating you poorly?

(Y/N): No... It's just... I'm just not used to being on my own...

Emilia: On your own?

(Y/N): I know there's you, Puck and of course Subaru... But... There are people I miss... That's all I mean...

Emilia: What happened to them?

(Y/N): For certain reasons... I'm just unable to see them at this moment in time... It's fine though... I'll probably get used to this feeling...

Subaru: You know man... I'd you're ever feeling lonely, I'm sore I could sneak away from the maid sisters for a few moments to sit with you for a while...

(Y/N): You sure? They look like they'd both dish out a brutal punishment if you get caught slacking....

Subaru: Sure... It's for a good friend...

I chuckle and thank him, and then I feel a hand in my hair.

I look to the left and see Emilia reaching up and stroking my head with a smile...

Emilia: I'm sorry to hear you were separated with people you care about. This is all I can really do, but, like Subaru said, if you ever are feeling sad about something, don't hesitate to knock on my door!

I appreciate the sentiment... But I guarantee the moment I opened her door I would end up in that library again-

(Y/N): Thank you. Both of you... I mean it...

Subaru: Don't even mention it...

Subaru then falls onto his back, and looks up at the sky... It's quite clear tonight.

Emilia sits down, and I remain the only one who is standing...

Subaru: The moon sure is pretty...

Emilia: Yes, and yet it's out of our reach...

Subaru: I got a really touching response, without even trying!!!

Emilia: Don't you think you're lacking a bit in ambition? Like the time with Puck, and back in the capital when you asked for my name.

Subaru: You just don't get it, Emilia-tan... I want what I want at that exact moment, and I want it from the bottom of my heart.

Emilia: Eh?

Subaru: At the time, I wanted to know your name. In a new land, nervous, and unsure of the future, I'd no expectations for tomorrow. When I think about it calmly, there were probably other things I should have wanted. But I can't lie to myself.

(Y/N): Deep... I'm really not much of an ambitious person... It's not rare... But it's also not common to come across people like me... Who likes to help just for the sake of it... I, like Subaru was lost and alone. I didn't have any plans and I was unsure of what would happen tomorrow... I guess the satisfaction of helping... Is just enough to get rid of that uncertainty that lies within me...

Subaru:...... It's the same with Ros-chi... I'm flats broke, and I could easily cheat him out a fortune and live it up, but then I could just as easily obtain a source of livelihood, right?

(Y/N): *Sighs* Where'd you leave your brain at bro?

Subaru: Huh?

Emilia: Couldn't you have become a permanent guest like (Y/N), rather than an employee?

Subaru: Oooooohhhh shhhhhhhhiiiit- I didn't think of that!!!

Oh brother.....

It was then that we got a good good look at Subaru's fingers... A whole lot of plasters around em...

Subaru: Oh, man, talk about pathetic... You should keep your efforts a secret, huh?

Emilia: Do you want me to use my healing magic?

Subaru: Nah, I'm fine like this.

Emilia: Why?

Subaru: It's kinda hard to explain... But... Well, this is proof of the effort I've put in. I don't dislike exerting myself, you know. Learning to do something I couldn't before... Well, it's not so bad.

Emilia: That's right. Yes, I think you're right. *Sighs* Really, Subaru you Bakka...

Subaru: Hey, what's with that reaction? This is where you fall for me, all over again.

(Y/N): I don't recall her falling for you once for it to be all over again

Emilia: Exactly... Honestly... You're so silly~

Subaru: EMA...

Emilia: Huh?

Subaru: Emilia-tan, major Angel!

Bruuuh.... he REALLY likes her-

Emilia: I'm thanking you, and you're joking around again!

(Y/N): I'm curious to know where exactly you got the cuts... And why are there so many??

Subaru: Ah... I cut this one with knives in the kitchen... And this is from the evening when I went shopping in town, and a little animal some kids were playing with bit me.

(Y/N): So... Which part of that was the result of your effort???

Subaru: Those kids were ruthless, hitting vans kicking me, and wiping their runny noses on me. It sucked, Damm it.

(Y/N): So you had trouble with some brats Eh? Take me along next time, I'll show you how to get 'em to behave~ Honestly I've been meaning to get out of the library lately anyway...

Emilia: You do seem like you're good with small children, (Y/N).

Subaru: Great!! (Y/N) can come along, and then we can get reven- I mean teach 'em a lesson! In fact... Emilia-tan could come too, we could all watch the kids and small animal!

(Y/N): Phrasing, but that does sound like a good way to pass the time...

Emilia:.... It isn't that I don't want to go with you two...

Subaru: Then let's go!

Emilia: But if I'm there. It might cause trouble for you both...

(Y/N): Trouble?

Subaru: Yoshhh!! Got it, let's go!!

Emilia: Are you listening to me?

Subaru: I am! I hang onto every word you say, Emilia-tan!!

Emilia: Jeez... Only during a study break, and when your work is done, all right?

Subaru: Yyyyyyoooooshhhh!!!!! Roger that!!!

(Y/N): Guess I can't stay in he library tomorrow...

Subaru: Don't worry about it! I'll have no problem finding out which door Beatrice chooses to connect to! I'll come and find you when it's time to go!

(Y/N): Yeah, don't get caught up in your infatuation and leave me behind you hear?

Subaru: I won't, I won't!

Emilia: Don't worry, Ill make sure he remembers~

(Y/N): That's a little reassuring...

——————————————

After that, me and Subaru are walking through the corridors of the manor. Knowing that I'll have something other than reading to do tomorrow kind of excites me...

The sinking feeling or boredom is has gone away after that...

On the way, Subaru randomly opens a door, and walks into the forbidden library casually.

Subaru: Hey!! Loli girl! You're still up?

Beatrice: So now it's not only him, but now you just break through my door crossing like it's natural, I suppose....

(Y/N): Well... Like I said, It was never intentional... Until it actually is... This dude actively tried to get in here though...

Subaru: Well, I just wanted to say hello before going to bed. Can I try that too?

He walks towards Beatrice and reaches for her hair... He's gonna regret that...

Beatrice: Only Bubby may touch me, I suppose.

Subaru: No Fair that only you can have fun. Well, I'm in a good mood, so I can let it g—

Beatrice: Enough! Just get out of here!

She holds her hand up and Subaru comes flying through the doors.

I catch him while deadpanning, he really should see this coming.

(Y/N): You know, you'll never get anywhere if you shut people out...

*SLAM*

The door swings shut and the selected door changes...

——————————————

Beatrice: Who does he think he is, I suppose...

——————————————

I depart with Subaru afterwards and head to my room... Knowing Subaru, he's probably going to come up with an excuse to leave me with the kids in the village while he sneaks off with Emilia...

That doesn't really both me though... Reading is great... But I've been indoors for too long... I can probably play some games with those kids...

Well... I can think more about that tomorrow... Time for some sleep now-

——————————————

I thought I would have nightmares... But it was worse... I dreamt I was back in that shadowy realm...

A hand made of shadow shoots towards me and crushes something in my chest and I instantly feel excruciating pain.

(Y/N): DAMM IT.... BUT.... WHY?! HRRAAAARGHH!!!!

——————————————

The world then distorts, and after I blink... I'm back in the hallway....

Huh?

It's day time?

Did I sleep walk??

What's going on-

*THUMP*

*THUMP*

(Y/N): ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I feel the pain in my chest, and it isn't any easier to deal with than last time...

I drop to my knees and clutch my chest while coughing.

I only feel this pain....

No...

Noo...

Just noo!!!

How could this be possible?!

What went wrong?

How did this happen?!

Subaru... Died?!

——————————————

The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family

——————————————

(A/N): A little of (Y/N)'s past revealed... That said it was more a revaluation of who this "her" was that he kept talking about and less about who he is and where he comes from...

But that's stuff that'll be revealed in time~

Getting pretty late on my end so I'm off for today, till next time.

Themanofculture loggin off~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 108 30
"humans and monsters lived in harmony. until Many years later war broke between the two races. humans and monsters. monsters had the numbers. but hum...
3.3K 418 30
Dragons. They absolutely despise humans. Humans. They absolutely despise dragons. Then there was her. A human that loved dragons and hated her own. T...
48.3K 1.6K 49
She lead a rather tragic life. The black sheep of her family due to her lack of affinity for fire. Her affinity was quite the opposite. Water in fac...
159 6 12
Two twin sisters drifted apart because of misunderstandings and screaming by there on family no less. Zan Cui the one with a dragon fate was seen as...