Messing with the Middle

De _KingWolfie_

Sasuke is back and boy does he have a long list of issues that need to be solved. Itachi needs to be saved, M... Mais

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
First things First
To Itachi
Dealing With Isobu
Improvement
The Jinchuriki's
Jinchuriki Hunting
Happy accident
Meeting the Traitor
Preparing
The battle
Long awaited meeting
Off to Suna
The Sweet Lie
The bitter truth
Lapse of Anger
Close Call
One Promise Kept
One step closer
A cry for help
Battle of Konoha
Merry Christmas
What could've been?
The Calm
The Peace
The Storm
Wins, Ties and Loss
Hell hath no Fury
Team 7 Reunited
All wars end
A Day

Hunting the Team

3.2K 180 51
De _KingWolfie_

Sasuke glared silently as he snuck through another set of a halls. Silently setting up small seals in each room, he continued his hunt.

After checking every room and killing every experiment in sight, (believe him... he was doing them a favour) he gave a huff of frustration before leaving just as quietly as he came.

Walking through the forrest silently, Sasuke turned and watched the hidden base burst into a muted explosion. Not a sound around, but the sight of fire and chemicals created a very interesting sight for the Uchiha.

When the flames died down, Sasuke ripped off the Seal that was on the tree beside him. Immediately he could hear the crackles of the left over flames, and could even hear the crumbling of any caves that didn't collapse at first. A beautiful sight indeed.

Looking up at the full moon, Sasuke gave a soft, small smile, at the reminder of the reason he's doing all this. A world where all her loved ones survive. To see her smile is worth everything.

Marching into the dark woods, that only seems to get darker with the beacon of fire, he headed towards his next destination. As he moved Sasuke pulled out the cursed seal that was infused into Chakra paper. He glared at it silently before stuffing it back into his pocket. He had to make sure that was the only way that stupid snake could come back.

In short he had a lot of bases to destroy and a lot of experiments to kill. He rubbed his blood red eyes in frustration, just how many stupid bases did this fucking snake have? This had been the third one he had found in the land of Fire.

Let's not get started on the other Lands that he can search without too much worry about being caught by leaf Ninja. Honestly? Who the hell needed five bases in the land of Wind, 2 in the land of water, 3 in the land of lighting and 4 in the land of earth...

What the fuck? And those where just the ones Sasuke had found. Was Orochimari trying to build a massive underground city, under the five Nations or something? Because that's basically what they were.

It had to been a year and Sasuke was so close to quitting. But not yet. He hadn't seen anyone from the 12, which was good. If he heard another speech about 'doing the right thing' or how 'you can still come back' he was just going to set them alight with no hesitation.

The most annoying part was that Sasuke was half way through the second year... and he has only found Karin. Turns out because he's searching for his team early they actually aren't in the same bases they were when he first met them. Frustrating but not too big of a problem...

That was before he realised just how many bases the snake has.

His black Shinobi sandles walked silently throught the forest. The small seal he had carved into them doing their job perfectly. Not that Sasuke himself could walk silently but doing it this way made his life slightly easier. Dressed in all black, with a sleeves shirt, with a white rope wrapped around his weist.

A small crack was heard. Immediately upon hearing it, Sasuke grabbed the handle of his sword that poked out over his left shoulder. He moved so quickly it was more so instinct than reaction but that didn't stop his blood red eyes from scanning his surroundings.

"Someone got trigger happy with the explosives again" a light voice echoed.

Red eyes snapped up to the voice. Also wearing mostly black except from his wooden sandles and his white and red mask, and leaned up against the trunk of the tree he sat on rested Sasuke's partner in crime.

"Hn, Seeing the experiments pissed me off," Sasuke replied.

"Enough to create an explosion so massive it could have been mistakened for an earthquake?" He asked softly.

Sasuke was silent, but he caught on.

"What did you find?" He asked, his mask made his voice seem sterner than it was.

"Notes... hundreds of Notes on her. He wants her, to use her. For what I have no idea. But I'll cut him into a thousand pieces before he gets within a mile of her." Sasuke explained.

"And your anger lead to.... that," they said.

"Fuck off Haku. When it comes to Her, there isn't anything I wouldn't do." Sasuke responded.

Haku gave a light chuckled before jumping from the tree and landing next to his friends.

"Yes, yes, the world is painfully aware of you inability to refuse the Hyuga" Haku said with a smirk. His mask now off his face and instead rested on a string attached to his hip.

Sasuke rolled his eyes and continued his walk forward. He pulled out a map and marked a red cross on it, before circling another section and putting it back.

He was making his way through Orochimaru's bases one at a time. Until he found his team or found the snake.

"So, how do you think Naruto will react when he hears about your adventures?" Haku asked as he walked beside the Uchiha.

"I don't know, or care. He'll probably be pissy that I don't want to go back to Konoha and rant about his childhood and how similar we are or something along those lines," Sasuke muttered.

"You saw him didn't you," Haku stated.

Sasuke huffed, before stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Hn, briefly, and yet it felt way too long. 'Come home Sasuke!?' 'This isn't you' 'did our past mean nothing to you?' 'What about Hinata, think about how she feels!'" Sasuke said, making his voice slightly higher to mock Naruto.

"So it wasn't brief then." Haku replied.

"Of course not. Stupid Dobe doesn't understand the meaning of the word brief." Sasuke responded rubbing his eyes. He let out a heafty sigh before looking back up to the sky.

Haku watched as Sasuke skillfully walked through the forest and avoid all obstacles while keeping his eyes trained onto the full moon.

Haku too looked towards the moon. He knew the reason behined Sasuke's fascination with the moon, and wasn't about to ruin one of the few bits of peice his friend gets... well... for a little bit anyway.

"Missing her already?" Haku asked, a teasing tone in his questions.

Sasuke looked at the boy beside him, who was raising his eyebrows in a suggestive way.

"I hate you," Sasuke muttered.

"You didn't answer the question" Haku replied before ducking underneath the swing of Sasuke's sword.

Haku gave a light smile as looked at the annoyed Sasuke. Truly, it was a rare creature that should be kept and preserved.

"I thought you were off playing bomb master?" Another voice entered the conversation.

Looking behined them the pair saw Itachi. He was wearing his normal clothes just without the Akatsuki cloak and his glasses on.

"Did you go to Tsunade like I told you too?" Sasuke asked.

"Hn"

"Then I'm not talking to you" Sasuke responded before turning around and continuing his march.

Haku covered his mouth to hide the small laughter that left his mouth.

"Hn, why are you laughing? I told you to go see her too, and yet here you are" Sasuke said glaring at Haku.

Sasuke had come to realise that he travels with Idiots. One was infected with an unknown illness and the other has had the Black roots poison running through their veins for a fucking year.

Yet did either want to get healed? Nope.

"It's not exactly easy trying to talk to her you know" Haku responded.

"Getting into the village as a wanted man is difficult, it's not just Anbu and Ninja after me, but Root too and they have eyes and ears everywhere." Itachi responded.

"Hn, then send a messenger hawk and get her to come to us... idiots" Sasuke muttered.

Haku was getting annoyed and chose not to mention the million things wronged with that plan. What if the note gets intercepted?, What if Tsunade is unable to meet them?, what if Danzo gets to the message first? Tokyo many variables.

Itachi chose to roll his eyes.

"That's not what I'm here for. The Akatsuki are still preparing, they don't know the location of all the Jinchuriki so they aren't going to start attacking it but they will be ready soon. Just keep an eye out, they will come after Haku when they learn he is a Jinchuriki" Itachi stated before dissapearing as quickly as he appeared.

The two Ninja stared at the spot in silence for a moment.

"I hope to god he's adopted," Sasuke said.

Haku chose not to mention how Sasuke reacted when he first saw his big brother, and how he had tackled the man into a hug.

He only knew this from Kurama who had somehow managed to witness the conversation between the brothers while they were in the Tsukoyomi.

"Let's go, there are still a few bases around here that you wanted to check right?" Haku asked.

"Hn" Sasuke muttered marching forward.

Haku rolled his eyes. He was the only reason why this trip was even remotely enjoyable... that didn't stop him from gripping his numb arm in pain.

****
****

"Another base destroyed! Orochimaru yelled as he threw things onto the floor.

He glared at the map before him and hissed dangerously as he crossed yet another base of his off the map.

That Uchiha was beginning to get on his nerves. At this point Orochimaru wasn't sure he even wanted him as a belle, he just wanted to kill the little bastard for destroying his years of hard work.

Sakura sat in the corner of the room and watched the Sannin throw a temper tantrum. She rolled her eyes before looking back down at her book on poison. Turns out the Land of Wind had some nasty plants that made some very inhuman poisons.

There was a poison the literally melted you from the inside. Another makes holes in you Chakra System, which made Chakra leek out and eventually kill you.

No wonder Sasori was so invested in poison when his home land had these type of dangers.

"Haruno did you finish the test subject yet?" Orochimaru hissed, his anger had caused his patience to be nonexistent.

"Finished them earlier" she replied.

"Good. Now head to the training ground, we need to prepare for our visitor" he muttered.

Sakura looked up confused.

"Based on the pattern Sasuke will be coming to our current base next. Might as well make it a visit be will never forget," Orochimaru explained. A dark grin grew on his face as he stalked past the pinkette.

Sakura shuddered at the dark grin that she witnessed before getting up. She halted in her steps and for a moment, a brief moment... she hesitated.

She was scared. Of what? No not what, who... Sasuke? But why? She was doing all this for him, for their child, for their future. Why was she scared. She shouldn't be scared, she should be proud.

It was that little voice, that little voice of sanity, that tiny voice of reason that echoed the same words in her head over and over and over again....

.

.

.

Is Sasuke worth it?

The more she thought about it, the more she let that question expand, the less she wanted to do this.

Sasuke never loved you? He didn't even try to come to Sarada's birth. Where you really happy with him? Your all alone for him, was it worth it? Will it be worth it?

Is he worth it?

"Haruno!" Orochimaru yelled snapping the girl from her thoughts.

Of course Sasuke was worth it, he'll always be worth it. He'll appreciate everything she's doing and done when their future is back to normal.

He is worth it...

.

Right?

****
****

Hinata was sat at a small dock by a lake near the Uchiha compound. It was one of Sasuke's favourite spots.

She stared at the picture she held had in her hands it was the first picture they ever took together. Sasuke had his hands in his pockets and wasn't looking at the camera but was instead looking at Hinata with a tiny blush on his cheeks. Hinata was however looking at the Camerea wearing the jacket she got from Sasuke. His purple scarf was wrapped around both of them.

The picture was something she cherished, it was before all this madness, before Sasuke left Konoha, before she grew some confidence.

She flipped it over and saw something she had never realised. This picture was always in a frame in her room ever since she got it, this had been the first time in years she held the raw picture so she never noticed until now. The words on the back.

I'll always be a call away

- Sasuke

Tears grew and sat in the corner of her eyes as she read the words over and over again. He was an idiot... but he was an idiot that she liked.

Hinata hadn't noticed, but by touching the photo, a small seal had been placed on Hinata's hand, only a shade darker than her skin colour. You wouldn't see it unless you were looking for it.

Sasuke meant what he wrote... if Hinata called for him, he would be by her side in a heartbeat.

Hinata looked up at the sky as the sun began to rise, the blood red hue covered the sky and buildings reminding her of the Uchiha eyes... no. Of her Uchiha's eyes. She missed the inky black eyes that she could stare into for hours. They eyes that reflected the stars at night and made them sparkle. The eyes that she had come to love. Her Uchiha's eyes, and she couldn't wait to see them again.

______________________________________

Sorry about going MIA. I've been really busy with Work and Uni, and surviving. I now have very little time to myself so writing has gotten a lot harder.

I was also off Wattpad for a while so there's that too which didn't help. I really do want to finish these stories they're just going to take longer than I thought.

I hope you guys can forgive me, I didn't mean to make you wait this long.

So character looks!

Sasuke:

Haku:

Itachi:

I apologise if you can't see them, they are just incase my description of them were too trash to understand.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter though.

Ja ne!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

102K 3.1K 20
Hi this is the sequel to Unmended, so if you haven't read that one yet, this one won't make sense. Sasuke gives up on Naruto, and regrets it. But w...
101K 3.6K 30
Sequel to Forbidden (ItaSaku) - Book 1 Her heart was wrecked and her world was crushed by the only man that she ever truly loved. She remained an emp...
468K 17.4K 34
Sasuke comes to discover that maybe Sakura wasn't the one for him. He's unhappy with his life, it's the reason as to why he was barely in the village...
1.2M 31.5K 83
Two and a half years have passed since Team 7 was torn apart. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Mariah have all studied under masters. What will happen whe...