OPPOSITE ATTRACTS

By its_sanjh

• Devil born to be evil could only be healed by an angel, his angel• She was an introverted, reserved girl... More

INTRODUCTION
PARTICIPATION
GLARE
CHECKING HIM OUT!
NO HEART
HUMILIATED!
OBSERVANT
BEST FRIEND
CROSSING THE LIMITS
REVENGE
TRIGGERS!
SKILLED
INNOCENT
TRUTH
VIBES
MUSICIAN?
ADORABLE
DIFFERENT?
JEALOUSY?
WASHROOM!
PAYBACK
CUTE!
STRANGER
ATTRACTOR
RIVALRY!
BATTLE
CHEMISTRY
CHESTNUT HAIR
REPLACEMENT
WINNER
FRAGMENT
ORBS!
ADORABLE KID?
POLAR APART PERSONALITIES!
MYTHICAL
DOUBLE DATE?
CHANGE IN PLANS
MOVIE!
TALK
CONNECTING THE DOTS
HIS PAIN!
ROSE
SECRETS!
DISHEARTENED
WRONG BUT IT FEELS RIGHT
CARE?
OVER-FRIENDLY STRANGER
DEVIL AND HIS ANGEL
TRUST!
NEVER HAVE I EVER....?
DARKNESS
SPECIAL
MR. ARROGANT
DILEMMA
HEART
L...O...V...E
PAST?
BROKEN!
EXHAUSTED!
TUTOR!
OPPOSITE ATTRACTS?
SURPRISE!
SUSPICIOUS
MR. STALKER
TRUSTING THE DEVIL
CONFESSIONS
ARROGANT MONSTER
CONCERN
ANNOYED
HOME
I HATE YOU!
BIRTHDAY
"MYSTERIOUS K"
AFTERWORD

CARING FRIENDS

2.8K 212 28
By its_sanjh

Having an inner battle and deciding to bunk the class, I lay on the bed. Hoping mom won't drag me out of the bed. Fortunately, mom overlooked the fact. Didn't bother to wake me. They soon left the house. As I heard the main door shut, I pulled out of my act. Walking towards the window and peeping from behind the curtain. Feeling guilty for faking the sleep as the car departed from the house. It would stress their entire day.

But it left me with no option. I was a coward to face the professor. What would I utter? When he was so adamant not to allow me to answer the boards. I shook my head, attempting to brush the thoughts away that were further depressing me. I wanted to plan a way out, someone whom I could share my trouble with, someone who could provide me with some suggestions.

I grabbed my phone, typing a message.

I had taken a break.

Sending the message to the Samaira. I kept staring out of the window. Allowing my brain to shift from the worries fogging my mind. I needed peace to think, to feel better. Stressing won't be a suggestion yet my mind kept rewinding the words spoken by the professor. With the humiliating stares from the other teachers, I was scared that they would question me. My class teacher was present, she had slowly started adoring me. I couldn't witness those orbs showered with revulsion.

I needed to find a way but much before that I needed to calm myself. That could be done with a round of reading novels along with a mixture of my favourite playlist. I walked downstairs, filling my stomach with the bread and toast presented on the cabin. Ending it with a cup of coffee, I strolled in the living room having a book in my hand. I was finally going to read some of my pending books.

For the past few days either I was exhausted or not in the mood to continue with my reading marathon. Moaning in comfort, I leaned further into the soft cushion. My eyes rolled down on the words and soon I shifted to my favourite world. The world that offered me peace, the world brought me happiness. The world that made me believe in possibility, in love, friendship and every positive aspect of the world.

An hour passed by, minutes crossed yet hands weren't ready to close the book. My eyes were draining due to my continuous read, I rubbed it. Pulling away from the book I placed it beside me. Deciding to take a rest as the mission was accomplished. My mood had shifted from a gloomy one to delighted as I read the story of two love birds. The male lead made me adore him and silently wish for someone like him.

Getting up from the sofa, I walked towards my room. I needed my muscles to relax and a warm shower could do the need full. As I walked into the room, I switched my playlist. Song of my favourite singer, mysterious K. Music had amazing healing power and my favourite list could lighten me from any severe depression. Playing it loud enough that the noise could reach my washroom. I got inside it, assuring the water was warm enough. I was drenched in the warm rain, dancing on the tone playing. Forgetting about the world waiting for me. I could deal with it later, allowing my heart to have fun.

Sometimes all you need is a break from the world around you. Sometimes disappearing for a while could answer your biggest doubt, allowing your mind to rest could solve your biggest problem. I shook my head as my mind was diverting back. Yelling lyrics on top of my lungs! Setting my mind back on the song.

Enjoying the song till my body could handle it. Switching off the shower I walked out of the washroom after wrapping a towel around my naked body. Swinging on hips as the music was still blasting on the speaker. I made my way towards my wardrobe. Dressing myself up, shorts and a shirt could be an ideal outfit to spend a lazy day at home. I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was break time in school. My stomach was craving food as well, Samaira might have replied to my message I would check my phone later.

Making my way downstairs, after switching the music off. I planned to prepare some instant food, opening the freezer. A leftovers dish were present. Collecting the dish while planning to microwave and heat it. I could order from the nearest restaurant but wasn't planning to. As the leftover Chicken Chessy masala prepared my mom was more pleasing than any restaurant food. I walked upstairs to get my phone anticipating that my parents would be worried about me and also I had to reply to Samaira. As I was making my way upstairs, I heard the doorbell.

Suspicious of who could it be at such an hour? Rarely our neighbours would trouble us as they were aware my parents hardly were at home. Taking caution step, I peeped from the hole. Samaira! Oops, I hadn't seen her respond to my message. I need to prepare for her scolding, her concern towards me brought her here. As she was impatiently waiting for me to open the door, in her school uniform.

I unlocked the door and opened it. Before I could express a word, I was pulled into a bear hug. Suffocating me in her tight grip. "Why on earth, you weren't receiving my calls?" She was continuously blabbering, her grip tightening on me. "I was so scared and on listening about the previous day event it worsened." I was trying to register her words when I realised she wasn't alone. My eyes wandered from one concerned friend to another, some were glaring while others shaking their head. The only one standing out of the crowd, his emotionless face further piercing my heart. It hurt seeing him least bothered about me.

I forced my eyes away from the dark brown orbs. I pulled away from Samaira, glancing at Anuj that why he and his friends were present in my house?

"You're forgiven just for today." Without explaining anything further, Anuj walked pushing by us slightly. As if he owned my house.

"Shouldn't you be calling us in?" Aarav questioned, asking me to provide him with the space to enter. With no option left, I stood aside. "Naïve girl," he chuckled entering in. Unlike earlier he wasn't mocking rather teasing. Varun followed him, offering me a smile.

"Do pick up your phone next time or your best friend would turn us insane." He mentioned walking in. I moved my confused eyes at Samaira, asking her to explain.

"Where is your cell? I assure you it's of no use," she shook her head grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside. I hesitated, glancing out. Ehaan hadn't moved from his place with that stern look masked on his face. His dark brown orbs were glued on me, those were blank. An indicator that he was masking his emotions from me.

I gestured him to walk in, not desiring to pull attention on us by voicing it aloud. Samaira halted, pissed as I wasn't allowing her to drag me in. "What..." She followed my gaze, stopping on Ehaan. "And this guy over here had missed his last opportunity to be in the football team for your careless," Samaira grumbled walking inside, leaving me alone to deal with Ehaan.

He didn't show any emotion, while I took a step towards him. The piece of information Samaira provided me was further making my heart burdened with guilt. Last night I was praising his skills in front of my mom and I had turned the reason behind him losing the opportunity to ever play in our school team in his last year.

"You didn't have to..." Before I could speak a word, he walked in. Ignoring me, I glared at his retreating figure. Was he planning to act like a stranger? I scoffed at the thought. Walking inside my own house that was filled with my so-called friends.

Anuj had made himself comfortable on the couch in front of the television, the sounds of a football match were bursting in my ears. Around the dining table, I found Varun and Samaira busy in their world. Making my eyes rest on Aarav who had walked out of the kitchen with the bowl in his hand.

"Were you planning to burn this delicious chicken?" His eyes were horrified as he slowly let taste melt in his mouth. Moaning in pleasure, his eyes closed for a few seconds.

I widen my eyes on realising that I had kept the bowl in the microwave. It was the last piece of a dish left in the refrigerator, I was going to starve. "Oh! No! It was the last bowl left." I hated myself for pouting at him, my stomach was groaning in hunger.

"Oh! My! I didn't know it." Mischief radiating in his orbs further taking another bite of the chicken. I glared at him, stamping my foot.

"Stop troubling my friend." Came Samaira in support, walking towards us. "Why don't we order something? My stomach is yelling as well." She confessed indirectly that they had rushed without having their snacks. How did I get so fortunate to have such caring friends? I had never thought they would ever be concerned about me to such an extreme. My eyes roamed on each individual, though they weren't expressive enough yet their action spoked volume.

"Where is Zara? Hadn't seen her for past few days." I question, Aarav averted his gaze. The playful grin disappeared, blankness returned into the orbs. I could sense the tension in the surrounding, making me regret why I brought the topic up? Also suspicious of the way Aarav reacted. Was everything good between them?

"Hmm... What about pizza?" Varun jumped in the conversation, changing the topic. Confirming my doubt, there was some trouble between the friends. I hadn't seen her hanging along with them after the friendship day. I never found enough courage to question it. Rather I was surrounded with my own set of trouble.

"I will order it." I offered to make my way upstairs to grab my cell. As I opened the lock, thousands of notifications popped on my screen. From Samaira asking me for a reason to expressing her worry about me not responding to her continuous call. Followed by Anuj, Rudr and some unknown number calls.  It overjoyed my heart within a few days I had created some amazing bonds but it saddens my heart as well, I had troubled them unnecessarily.

"Stop burdening your heart with guilt." Came a sudden voice making me glance at the source, stunned. Anuj was leaning on the door frame, eyes narrowing at me while arms crossed around his chest. "Why do you act so careless? Do you have any idea, how worried we were?" He shook his head, glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes at his words. Though that overprotectiveness delighted my heart at the same instance, it seemed insane. What harm could take place in my house? "Don't you think, you all are overreacting? I mean who would..."

"You are so unaware about the situations," he got pissed at my words. "Sometimes I wish I could spill all of it out, it turns frustrating at times." He closed his eyes in exhaustion, leaning further into the door.

"Then speak it up..." I voiced out meekly.

He jerked open his eyes, keenly observing my figure. "Why are you hesitating?" His spying eyes were on me. He could read me so well, he knew I was scared. Frighten of upcoming truth. I wasn't prepared to deal with the reality. The reality of the devil! I wanted to believe he wasn't at fault.

"It's nothing..." I attempted to walk off from him, out of the room. But he grabbed my elbow, pulling me to face him.

"Don't hide things from me, Ru." He paused, staring straight into my brown orbs. "What's the deal?" He inquired further.

"I am not interested in knowing the truth. I am done dealing with it! The past or anything related to you all doesn't concern me. My life is much messed up and I want to deal with it. So, I hesitated as I have much to stress about." I looked at him straight, he wasn't convinced yet he left my hand.

"I hope you don't trust Rudr..." He was going to blabber further but I interrupted him.

"I am in such a state, I am not able to trust myself." With those words, I left the room. As I was out I glimpsed at Ehaan staring at me with those same blank orbs, overlooking him I walked downstairs having enough of every single thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 4.1K 58
Book 1 of From Ours To Yours Triology ABOUT THE BOOK Two strangers complete opposites of each other fall in love. But the life is not easy, none of u...
895 60 48
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
1.3K 71 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
104K 6.9K 50
"I promise you baby girl that you will never be able to go away from me. You are mine, Mine to beat, mine to play and mine to touch." He whispered in...