Duck Tales x oc

By Hydranga2

Duck Tales but with oc. Meet Elanor or Ella if you will. She isn't related (blood wise) to the family but she... More

About Ella
Woo-oo!
Escape To/ From Atlantis
Daytrip of Doom!
The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverest
The Great Dime Chase!
Karaoke
The Beagle Birthday Massacre!
The House of Lucky Gander!
The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!
A/N
The Living Mummies of Toth Ra
McMystery at McDuck Manor
The Missing Links of Moorshire!
The Spear of Selene
Day of the Only Child
DuckTales Theme Song
The Golden Lagoon
Huey and Ella Day
Castle McDuck
Ella confronts Donald
Gizmoduck
The Shadow War!
The Most Dangerous Game... Night!
Notice
Sorry
OK
The Depths of Cousin Fethry!
Note

Crash of the Sunchaser

503 10 8
By Hydranga2

Season 1, Episode 23: The Last Crash of the Sunchaser!

Outside the mansion, Launchpad is loading up the jeep.

"C'mon!" Launchpad groans before closing the rear window, "All set!" The raft inflates and breaks the window.

The kids run out the door, "Next stop, Monacrow!" Webby cheers.

"Home to E.X.C.E.S.S, the Extreme Consumer Electronics and Science Symposium. Experimental race cars!" Huey chirps holding up a small poster.

"Lasers!" Webby adds on.

"Aeroplanes?" Launchpad asks.

"You bet old friend." Dewey told Launchpad giving him a fist bump.

"Where have I heard that line from?" Ella grumbles to herself.

"And Monacrow is said to be the final resting place of the elusive Maltese MacGuffin. Lost during the Netherworld War II, is ephemeral heirloom is so rare that no one has ever laid eyes upon it." Scrooge says walking out the mansion.

"Whoa, so what is it exactly?" Huey asks Scrooge.

"How could anyone know if it's real if you no one ever laid eyes on it?" Ella asks raising an eyebrow.

"The stuff dreams are made of!" Scrooge answers Huey with an air of excitement.

Ella walks over to Donald upon noticing him struggling to carry some planks.

"No, but, I... like it is a statue, or... Come on Uncle Donald, you can fix the houseboat when we get back." Huey told him running up to them.

"Uh-uh, I'm almost done. We'll be on water again in two days!" Donald told Ella and Huey, the three hear the sound of the Houseboat fall apart, "Seven days." Donald corrects, and explosion goes off in the background, "Sigh... I should get started." Donald says taking the rest of the wooden planks from Ella and walking back to the houseboat.

"No rush!" Dewey called out.

"Maybe I should stay here and help him?" Ella thought out loud, Huey turns to her, "Ella you were the one looking forward to the E.X.C.E.S.S. the most." Huey says.

"I know, but what if I give him a blueprint to follow, maybe some instructions..." Ella said before running into the manor, being careful not to trip over Beakley.

"Granny! You're coming too?" Webby asks in awe upon seeing Beakley.

"I have 987 vacation days saved up, and Monacrow's black water beaches are legendary." Beakley told Webby throwing her luggage onto the top of the car. "It's high time I wild it out, with some 'maxing, and relaxing. hm?" Beakley asked Webby putting on some weird shades.

Ella returns to the group after giving Donald her toolbox and a few items to help him better repair the houseboat.

"I have the coolest grandma!" Webby squeals.

"Sure. Now who's ready for the-" Dewey said.

"Best Vacation Ever!" Huey, Dewey, Webby, cheer, Scrooge comes in a bit late causing Ella and Dewey to cringe.

"Aw, you'll get it." Huey told Scrooge as they run into the car.

Scrooge chuckles watching the kids go to the car, "Six months ago, if you'd have told me I should take in a group of youngins..." Scrooge told Beakley.

"I did." Beakley answers.

"...I would've called you daft. But I tell ya I haven't felt this energized and vital since..." Scrooge is reminded of Della and Athena as he sees Huey and Ella by talking by the car, "Well a long time." He told Beakley who smiles at him knowing who and when he was referring to.

"Load up everyone!" Scrooge said.

As Beakley, Scrooge, Ella and Launchpad have their backs to the others.

"Psst, psst hey." Louie says from the front door.

"Did ya get it?" Dewey asks Louie, who nods and taps the duffel bag.

"Come on kids! TO OUR GREATEST ADEVENTURE YET!" Scrooge cheers as they all enter the car.

"WOO HOO! TO ADVENTURE!" Everyone, minus Ella who put headphones in, cheer.

Launchpad drives the jeep into the Sunchaser which takes off shortly afterward.

Theme song plays

"Sorry Mrs. B, only seat I could find." Launchpad told her putting down a random chair between him and Scrooge.

"Seatbelts?" Beakley asks awkwardly sitting in the chairs.

"Oh, Umm..." LAunchpad says awkwardly.

"Hadn't had the time to install some." Ella said popping up behind Beakley.

"Launchpad picks up an inflatable tube, "When we crash it can be used as a flotation device." Launchpad told her.

"When we crash?" Beakley asks worried.

"Long time since you've been in the field, ey Agent 22?" Scrooge teases.

"And this plane would have been dangerously outdated even then. I'm counting 1...2...3...4... fourteen safety violations." Beakley said looking around the plane.

"Aw come on. Every time the Sunchaser goes down, she always gets right back up in the air!" Launchpad defends his aeroplane.

"Every time? I allow the children to travel with you because I assume you're keeping them safe." Beakley told Scrooge.

"Actions! Launchpad give the old bird the tour of the old bird to show her there's nothing to worry about. I'll take the wheel-stick... thingy...?" Scrooge says.

"Sorry, when did you learn to fly a massive cargo plane?" Beakley asked Scrooge narrowing her eyes at him.

"Please, I'm Scrooge McDuck! If Launchpad can do it, how hard can it be?" Scrooge asks.

"Not very!" Launchpad grabs Beakley who's arms are being held down by the inflatable, "Our tour starts down at the tummy of the plane. Let me know if this gets too technical..." Launchpad told her carrying her around.

Meanwhile in the cargo hold the kids minus Ella were having a meeting.

Ella knows where the group is but doesn't bother to let them know that and instead reads a entry in her mother's journel, she's been getting this bad feeling since they mentioned this trip.

Ella looks up when the place gets strange turbulence and sees the others whispering.

"Are you children alright?" Beakley asks.

"Inconspicuous whistling... just a casual whistle..." Webby says in response.

"Augh, you anti-aeronautical patchwork contraption! Will ya FLY ALREADY!?" Scrooge yells from controls.

"Why is Scrooge of all people at the controls?" Ella asks causing Beakley to storm up the ladder that led to the controls.

"McDuck! I leave you alone for two minutes and you crash the plane!" Beakley scolds him.

"If we crashed, then why are we still in the air?" Launchpad asks as he and Ella look out the window.

Everyone gasps as they see that their somehow balancing on a very small spit of mountain.

"Of all the irresponsible..." Beakley grumbles.

"Not even a real crash." Launchpad confirmed.

"Ah quit your havering. It's just a teeny 10,000- meter speed bump. I'll have us safely on the trail of the Maltese MacGuffin by morning or my name isn't Scrooge Mc- AUGH!" Scrooge says accidently made the engine blow of one of the wings blow out causing the plane to spin.

Dewey struggles to catch the last piece to the puzzle involving the triplets' mom.

(Instead of doing the episodes that explain Della should I do one explaining what Athena was up to?)

"You've blown an engine!" Ella scolds Scrooge as he goes flying past her.

Beakley luckily pulls the break causing them all to stop spinning.

"Ah, that happens all the time! Right Launchpad?" Scrooge says.

"Yes, but usually I crash land two seconds later." Launchpad told Scrooge.

"We have to get out and figure out how we get down." Beakley told Scrooge.

"And pass up the adventure of a lifetime?!" Scrooge asks Beakley as he tries to figure out the controls.

"And risk our lives?!" Beakley asks referring to his last adventure with Athena and what happened to Della.

Scrooge hesitates sadly glancing at a picture of Athena that was duck taped to the ship next to the chair.

"Ah your safest houses, this is nothin'! The plane could be on fire! Or we could be on fire! Or this could be a volcano! EVERYTHING could be on fire!" Scrooge argues.

"This is a blantant breech of training protocol AND just basic safety precautions! Is this what you're doing when you take the family on road trips?!" Beakley asks him.

"Ah you're overreacting!" Scrooge argues.

"I have no idea why you thought this would be a good idea." Beakley argues back.

"You're a hysteric. Honestly..." Scrooge scoffs.

Ella climbs up the ladder as the other kids get closer in concern and confusion.

"Beakley, to be fair we can't exactly leave the ship right now if we wanted, not without one of us potentially falling to our death." Ella speaks up calmly.

"Ha! I win!" Scrooge says victoriously to Beakley who rolls her eyes.

"ON the other hand! Beakley is absolutely right! This is extremely dangerous, and we should be taking the necessary precautions since everyone is on board!" Ella scolds Scrooge causing him to flinch.

Both him and Beakley saw Athena for a moment, Athena always had a way of diffusing the situation while putting Scrooge in his place.

Ella hits Scrooge over the head with a chancla she found, "Don't ask me where I found this chancla, and something had been telling me to hit you over the head since you decided to take the controls." Ella told Scrooge.

"You really are your mother's daughter." Beakley says amused recognizing the chancla as the one Athena would hit Scrooge with when he was annoying.

"Now listen here you two..." Scrooge says bitterly which leads to the 3 of them arguing.

Launchpad noticing the other kids awkwardly blocks their view of the 3 arguing, "We've seemed to have hit some... um... turbulence in the cockpit here. Everything's fine! Please enjoy our inflight entertainment.

Darkwing Duck credits theme plays.

"Now what?" Huey asks.

"NOW THAT!" Dewey said spotting the last piece of paper.

"I'll use the Jeep's engine to jump start the Sunchaser's propeller and we'll be on our way! What could be safer?" Scrooge asks as he, Ella and Beakley walk past the group.

"Calling for help? Climbing down on our own?" Beakley lists.

"Not starting a car inside a plane that could potentially fall off balance!" Ella says annoyed.

"Ugh, you nag like your mother." He told Ella shaking his head down at her.

"Well, someone other than Beakley has to be the brain cell during these trips." Ella retorts glaring up at him.

The kids begin talking amongst each other.

*

While Scrooge works on removing the engine from the car Launchpad sits in the driver's seat.

"All set up here, mister McD!" Launchpad chirps.

"See here Bentina, Elanor, I have taken the children on countless adventures, and they have never once caused a worry about their safety." Scrooge says.

Louie walks up and acts concerned, "Uncle Scrooge! We're worried about our safety!" 

Beakley and Ella look to Scrooge, "N-now Louie I have always a looked out for you. Why worry now? At such a potentially embarrassing moment for me?" Scrooge says with a tight smile.

"I know we've been in tough spots before but this one seems really tough." Louie told Scrooge.

"He's right. Given the altitude, the condition of the plane, and the weather patterns, we have a one in 17 million chance of surviving." Huey speaks up.

"Wait really?" Louie says actually worried now before coughing to try to keep his composure, "I mean yeah, scary!" 

Ella rolls her eyes at Louie's acting.

"And usually on our expeditions there's some kind of curse or villain that can outwit. But you've outwit gravity!" Webby speaks up.

"Yeah! Y...yeah yeah t...that's right! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! WE'RE WORRIED ABOUT OR SAFETY WE GOTTA GO NOW NOW NOW!" Louie panics shaking Ella who remains strangely calm during the situation.

"Now?" Launchpad asks before starting the car.

"No!" Scrooge and Ella scream.

Dewey fall off the roof of the car while trying to grab the piece of paper just before Launchpad crashes to the other side of the ship.

"Huh, never crashed a Jeep in a plane before. Into a plane, sure. But... hm???" Launchpad notices that the plane was tilting on his side causing items to fall against the free side of the car.

"Launchpad! You need to counterbalance the plane! Everyone to the front!" Scrooge said worried before turning to the others.

EVeryone gets the front of the plane.

A cargo box almost hits the children and Beakley catches it with some struggle.

"What is in here?" Beakley grunts.

"Nothing!" The triplets and Webby said in sync as they climb up the ropes to the front.

Launchpad struggles to get of the car and opens the hatch, "Uh, Mister McD?" Launchpad asks worried.

"Gah, someone secure the hatch!" Scrooge calls out.

Ella suddenly begins using some gymnastics to climb up the rope and secures the hatch while Beakley uses a dagger to hold the box in place.

The hatch isn't able to be secured thanks to amount of weight as the boxes begin sliding down nearly knocking Launchpad out the back of the plane if Scrooge hadn't caught him.

Ella presses the button once the boxes leave closing the hatch.

Beakley uses a rope to help pull Scrooge and Launchpad up to their level.

Webby hugs her grandmother earning a loving smile in return.

"Thanks, mister McD!" Launchpad says.

"Nothing bad will happen when Scrooge McDuck is around!" Scrooge says proudly before cleaning his glasses, he's met with Ella and Beakley's frowns.

"Mr. McDuck!" Beakley says accusingly.

"Kids!" Scrooge says shifting the blame to them.

"Mrs. Beakley! Sorry. I thought I could keep the blame circle going." Louie laughs nervously upon noticing the frown on Ella's face deepen.

"Must you blindly gallivant around with no clue what you're doing?!" Scrooge scolds the kids.

"Ironic coming from the duck who got us in this mess in the first place." Ella says glowering up at Scrooge.

"If you cannae listen, I can't keep you safe! Except of course I can because I am Scrooge McDuck and I am very good at what I do. From here on out you have to stay put!" Scrooge told the kids.

"Are we supposed to be impressed and no longer feel fear because you say, 'I'm Scrooge McDuck' Because If so heh it's not working." Ella scoffs crossing her arms.

Dewey noticing no one's eyes were on him moves to grab the paper causing the plane to tilt.

*

The kids are now sitting in their seats with an angry Ella mumbling to herself.

"There's the missing piece! We just have to get it!" Dewey said.

"Nope! Nuh-uh! Nothing is getting me out of this seat!" Louie said from his place between Ella and Huey.

He had Ella wrap him up in the seatbelt.

"What if the plane catches fire and we have to evacuate?" Huey asks Louie.

Louie turns to Ella with sad eyes causing her to cut him loose and he immediately clings onto her arm.

"My back up plan to stay safe is always Ella anyway." Louie told Huey who stares at him unimpressed.

"Come on, that puzzle piece may be our best chance to find out why Della disappeared!" Dewey tries to encourage his brothers.

"Maybe?" Webby says unsure.

"Beg your pardon?" Dewey asks Webby.

"It's just, you said that in the archives, and on Ithaquack, and how can we know for sure?" Webby asks him.

"By grabbing the piece! Guys this is the greatest mystery of our lives!" Dewey asks.

"We can't solve it if we're dead!" Louie said clinging on harder to Ella,

"We'll be fine. Scrooge isn't gonna let anything bad happen to us." Dewey said getting out the chair causing the plane to tilt.

"Stop moving!" Scrooge yells at Dewey.

"Ugh, see?" Dewey said quickly getting back in his chair.

"If you do that again I'll break your ankles then castrate you." Ella told Dewey with a glare.

"This couldn't get any worse!" Louie whines.

"This is your captain. TO take your minds off of our potentially grim fate, please enjoy another action-packed Darkwing Duck video!" Launchpad said over the intercom, the tape begins acting up, "Huh, the tape player seems to have been damaged in the crash. Enjoy!" Launchpad says.

The kids minus Ella and Louie groan.

LAunchpad walks over to Beakley and Scrooge carrying some parachutes.

"Here are those dirty laundry bags you wanted, Mister Mc.D" Launchpad says placing them down.

"Launchpad, these are parachutes." Beakley corrects him.

"They're what-now?" Launchpad asked confused.

Beakley groans and walks over to Scrooge who was struggling with rope.

"Ugh, Mister McDuck. Mister McDuck. Scrooge!" Beakley says trying to get his attention.

"What? All I have to do is climb out on the wing to jump-start the propellor myself using these heavy parachutes as counterbalance out the other side of the plane." Scrooge told Beakley his plan.

"Leaving us with no emergency equipment! Please, for the safety of your family, for the safety of Athena's daughter, admit you cannot fix this." Beakley begs.

"Nonsense, nothing bad is gonna happen to the girls." Scrooge dismisses.

"The girls?" Beakley asks although she knew who he was referring to, Athena and Della.

"Hm? Uh, the kids. They'll be thanking us by the time we land. Launchpad, hand me another parachute. Launchpad! Besides the kids are having the times of their lives!" Scrooge says correcting himself before gesturing to the kids.

Launchpad hesitated to give Scrooge the parachute, he glanced at the picture of Athena, he had met Athena while the group were at the casino. She had helped him save an old girlfriend.

He had promised to keep Ella safe in her absence, he felt like he was letting down the woman, who in that short time, he began to see as his own mother.

She didn't mind or dismiss his quirks.

Meanwhile the kids minus Dewey and Ella were singing along to the end credits.

"You guys are so silly." Ella told them shaking her head amused.

"Ugh, I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE, I'M GOING FOR IT!" Dewey says jumping out his seat and running to the paper causing the plane to tilt dangerously.

"DEWEY, NO!" Huey yells before turning to Ella who throws his walkie talkie to him.

"Junior Woodchuck Rule 18: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction." Huey says.

"I thought that was Newton?" Webby asks also holding a walkie talkie.

"Where do you think he got it from?" Huey asks coyly.

"Science? Okay I'll call out the steps! Got it?" Webby said confused before turning back to the walkie talkie in her hand.

"Got it!" Dewey says over his walkie talkie.

"Nope bad idea! Terrible Idea!" Louie says shaking his head as he clung on tighter to Ella.

"I agree with Louie! Get your stupid dumb-" Ella is cut off by a loud groan from the plane's weight, "Back here now!" 

The kids look at Ella surprised that she was capable of cursing.

"For mom." Dewey said earning a thumbs up from Huey.

"Ready... steady... Dewey left, step, step. Huey right,step, step. Dewey right. Huey left." Webby instructs.

"DON'T ENCOURAGE THIS!" Ella scolds as Louie terrified, buries his head in her shoulder.

"Please, we believe you are a very capable adventurer, alright?" Beakley begs him.

"Stand down 22, I am still your boss. Launchpad now!" Scrooge says coldly and Beakley harshly pulls the rope tighter around Scrooge in response.

Launchpad opens the windows.

Dewey grabs the paper, "The truth about Della Duck! Nothing can stop us-" 

"Walk with the stupid paper already!" Webby says annoyed.

"Dewey?" Beakley asks surprised upon noticing him.

Scrooge also turns around and sees Dewey, "What the blazes? What have you got there?" Scrooge asks noticing the paper in his hand.

"Noooot Secrets!" Dewey says with a forced smile.

"Literally you are the one triplet without the brain cell." Ella said over the walkie talkie.

"Literally the worst answer you could have given." Louie agrees.

"Give it here." Scrooge says walking over to Dewey.

Dewey goes to hand it to him only for the wind to blow it away.

"No!" Dewey jumps to grab the paper shifting the balance of the plane.

Scrooge climbs down, "Get back here, you'll get yourself killed!" Scrooge scolds him.

"Both of you stop speeding through the plane!" Beakley yells out.

Scrooge and Dewey slowly creep to the other end of the plane.

"That's not what she meant, and you know it!" Ella called out in an irritable mood.

Dewey moves a small box in the way, "Leave me alone!" Before going back to creeping toward the paper.

Scrooge awkwardly and carefully steps over the box before turning back to Dewey.

"Come back here this instant!" Scrooge calls out to Dewey.

"You four come to balance the weight." Beakley tells Ella, Louie, Huey and Webby.

Ella carries Louie as he clings to her front like a koala.

"I'm trying to save your life, now come back here or I will end it young man!" Scrooge tells Dewey.

"No! So close!" Dewey says heading to the paper.

Scrooge reaches out to grab Dewey's foot he sees that the rope holding him back and pulls on it harshly causing the parachute that Launchpad was holding to fly out his hand and hit Scrooge. Both him and Dewwy hit the hatch and the last box that the kids were using as their hide out nearly crushes them if they hadn't moved in time.

The crate opens revealing the kids' board.

Beakley gasps and sees a piece of paper sticking out of Webby's pocket and looks at it.

"Oh no." Webby said holding her head.

"Oh children... what have you been up to?" Beakley says disappointed.

Dewey seeing the paper fly to the other side pulls the string of the parachute and hilds onto the bag as it makes him float in the direction of the paper.

Scrooge quickly grabs Dewey's legs and as they crash to the cargo area the plane leans.

"Seriously!?" Ella asks seriously annoyed with Dewey.

The paper flies out the plane and Dewey being the dummy he is climbs out the plane window.

"Dewey!" Everyone minus Ella screams.

"Absolute dummy!" Ella says handing Louie to Huey before digging frantically through her bag for something.

"NO! LAD! LAD GIVE ME YOUR HAND! No, not again." Scrooge squwaks holding out his hand for Dewey who climbs onto the top of the plane.

Scrooge climbs out also eager to save him before he kills himself.

"Dewey, this is crazy! The mystery is not worth it!" Webby says over the walkie talkie.

"I... I get it but you can't give up the rest of us to find the one person we lost!" Louie says over the walkie talkie.

"Dewey, the Darkwing Duck video is still running! Do you want me to pause it until you get back?" Launchpad asks over the walkie talkie.

Huey snatches the walkie talkie from Launchpad, "Gimme that! Dewey, our family is amazing! We're enough, let it go!" Huey says over the walkie talkie.

Dewey ignores everyone to grab the paper and throws the walkie talkie.

Dewey climbs on the propeller and reaches to grab the paper causing the plane to shift and nearly fall.

"Please, I... I can't keep you safe alright? How can i get you to listen to me?" Scrooge begs Dewey.

"Tell me about the Spear of Selene." Dewey said the paper now in his hands.

Before either of them could blink Ella appears with a large propeller making her fly, she grabs Dewey by the collar and Scrooge grabs Dewey's leg as she flies by.

Ella launches them into the plane from the window.

Once they were all inside the plane Ella slams the windows closed hard enough to the point they crack.

Ella turns to Dewey with murderous eyes causing Dewey to try to hide behind his brothers.

Ella pushes his brothers out of the way stalking toward Dewey with a murderous aura, no one moved out of fear.

"Prepare to have your ankles broken!" Ella said grabbing Dewey by the collar only for Beakley to grab Ella by her hood and whisper something in her ear.

Ella groans and storms off in the plane.

They all watch as Ella walks and begins moving items in the plane to balance it out.

The plane balances out and Ella sits angrily on a chair her arms crossed as she curses under her breath.

Scrooge decides to take this time to explain the story behind Della's disappearance.

Louie and Huey sob.

"Cool, so you're the reason our mom is gone!" Dewey says blaming Scrooge.

"What? No! I... I..." Scrooge tries to defend himself.

"Um, guys?" Launchpad says noticing the balance was messing up again.

"You built her a crazy dangerous super rocket!" Dewey accused.

"Which she stole early!" Scrooge retorts.

"Then you encouraged her to keep flying through a cosmic storm? You could have called her down, there were too many variables!" Huey accused causing Ella to look at him with a glare.

"Now boys, you don't know..." Beakley tries.

"And you're the richest duck in the world! Why didn't you send up more ships to look for her?" Louie asked.

Ella remembers the bills she found, that proved Scrooge nearly spent all his money to search for Della.

"I spared no expense!" Scrooge defends himself.

"Yeah, right. Cheap old Scrooge probably bailed as soon as it put a dent in his money bin." Dewey retorts causing Scrooge to frown.

"Um, guys?" Launchpad tries to get everyone's attention.

Ella climbs out of her seat slightly fixing the balance problem.

"Take it easy Dewey, he may have a point. Even if gifting an experimental rocket to a mother of three was clearly a terrible idea!" Webby says.

"This is a family matter! You are not family!" Scrooge shouts at Webby causing her to tear up.

"See here McDuck. You will not speak to my granddaughter that way." Beakley snaps at him.

"You will not speak to me that way! None of you! After everything I do for you, you're all nothing but trouble!" Scrooge yells.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" Ella screams.

Everyone turns to Ella who had the scariest glare they've ever seen on her face her hair floating behind her as a blue aura covers the ship keeping it steady.

"LISTEN HERE ALL OF YOU! None of you have the right to blame Scrooge. Scrooge you have no right to make the claim that Webby isn't family when you yourself see her as a daughter. Huey, Dewey and Louie, you are all wrong to blame Scrooge for what Della decided to do!" Ella yells at them.

"Dewey you nearly killed everyone with your need for answers. You're no better than your mom on your impulsive actions. Just like her you didn't think before you followed your own desires!" Ella snaps at Dewey.

"Oh yeah, what about you keeping secrets. I bet you knew this entire time what happened to our mom. After all you're keeping secrets about your own! Not surprised you're taking Scrooge's side!" Dewey snaps back storming up to Ella.

"You nearly had us all killed! You're no better than Scrooge! You were so pressed to point fingers when you find the answers you don't think! Neither dear your mother since she chose a ship over the three of you! She knew it wasn't ready, but she acted recklessly! If you all would think for a moment maybe this family wouldn't keep getting in precarious situations!" Ella says as the blue aura begins turning green.

"Ella, this doesn't concern you. Scrooge is the reason our mother is gone! You may want to unrightfully take his side, but we know it's his fault! We're thinking clearly here, you're the one who's not! You got to find out the reason why your mom is gone why is it so wrong for us to find out the reason ours was?!" Huey snaps at her.

"Because it put everyone in danger! We almost died Huey, when I found out about my mom no one's life was in danger to do it!" Ella snaps back at him.

Louie looks between the two, he was on Ella's side, as he thought about it, but he didn't say anything, he was under too much stress right now to be yelled at.

"You all don't even know about how much Scrooge sacrifices for you, how much Donald sacrifices for you! Donald didn't have to take care of you! Scrooge didn't have to bother to spend his time and money on you! You're all ungrateful brats!" Ella snaps getting in Huey's face.

"Coming from the girl whose mother abandoned her and left her to Uncle Donald! If your mom is away to protect you, why haven't you seen or heard from her in 4 years? Why Ella, tell me? Why won't tell Scrooge about what happened to your mother? He deserves to know just like the rest of us!" Huey snaps back at her.

Scrooge's eyes widen at the mention of Athena he looks to Beakley who seems just as surprised as he did.

"I was told not to tell anyone until the time came! But oh, look at me the big dummy, who TRUSTED YOU of all people to keep it a secret! You're no better than Dewey. I waited to get answers about my mother I never asked Downy just told me! I didn't people the family's life in jeopardy Huey! It was you, Dewey and Webby! Scrooge might have gotten us in this situation but the ones who nearly killed us was you three!" Ella snaps causing Webby to hang her head as she realizes that Ella was right.

Ella floats over to the controls and makes the plane fly home.

"NO ONE BETTER SAY A WORD WHILE WE MAKE OUR WAY HOME, OR ELSE I'LL SEW YOUR LIPS SHUT!" Ella screams out at everyone causing them all to sit down.

Louie looks sadly between Huey and Ella before looking down at her propeller pen.

***

Back at the mansion Donald finishes painting his newly made Houseboat and rolls up the blueprints Ella gave.

"Back so soon?" Donald asks noticing the triplets walk over.

"Well, ta-dah! She's all done! Ella's blueprints and instructions made it better than ever!" Donald says holding out his arms to show the boat.

He then notices their sad frowns, "Uh, what happened to you?" Donald asks confused.

"We know about the Spear of Selene." Dewey told Donald.

"Oh." Donald said sadly.

"Oh, let's go back to the marina." Louie says sadly as he and his brothers go to their room in the houseboat accidently knocking down a flowerpot causing Donald to let out a sad sigh.

"Where's Ella-" Donald goes to ask but sees Ella walk to him with a frown on her face.

Donald walks over and kneels on one knee in front of her, "What's wrong?" He asks, he's never seen such an angry and sad frown on her face before.

"Huey and Dewey are being stupid. I get their hurt, but they have no right to put on the blame on Scrooge. He did everything he could, in the end it was still Della's choice to make. Then Huey revealed to everyone about what I know about my mom." Ella told Donald who lets out a sad sigh.

"You and I both know that. I'll talk to the boys." Scrooge says brushing stray leaf from Ella's hair.

"Is it okay if I stay at the manor with Scrooge, I don't want to be around the boys." Ella said sadly staring down at her feet, angry tears building up in her eyes.

"As long as you promise to call me every day." Donald says smiling sadly at Ella who nods and hugs him tightly.

**

Scrooge puts down his hat and looks to the chair that Athena used to always sit in, it had her flannel shirt resting on the seat.

Webby and Beakley walk up to the door, "Isn't he even going to say goodbye?" Webby asks Beakley.

"We're taking those vacation days, if that's alright with you, sir." Beakley told Scrooge coldly.

"Fine." Scrooge says coldly.

Webby sadly walks off to look for Ella to apologize.

"Well, you've successfully pushed away your family and everyone who cared about you away, again. I hope you're happy." Beakley said before following Webby out the mansion.

Scrooge has flashbacks to what everyone said and sits in his armchair, "...I am." Scrooge says.

**

Scrooge wanders around the manor and sees Ella's bedroom door open; he peaks inside and sees Ella sitting on her bed, staring down at a familiar journal.

"Elanor? What are you doing here lass?" Scrooge asks confused, he thought Ella would hate him too and leave with Donald.

"I don't want to leave with the others. I agree you had no right to take your anger on Webby and Beakley, but they're also wrong about you not caring. Is it okay, that I want to stay?" Ella asks looking up at him with teary eyes.

Scrooge moves and sits next to Ella, hugging her close, "Oh, of course it is lass. I'm sorry for not listening to you and Beakley. I'm also sorry for what I said to Webby." 

"I already forgave you. The boys will gain a brain cell and realize that Della is to blame for her own actions." Ella grumbles before handing Scrooge the letter that Downy told her to give to Scrooge.

"My mom wanted me to give this to you when the time was right, but Huey ruined that, so here." Ella told him.

"I'm kind of scared to read it..." Scrooge admitted.

"I can tell you what Downy told me, if it's easier?" Ella offered.

"I feel it would be better." Scrooge says and Ella goes on to explain what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465 17 5
Two years! I've been in the DTU for two years now, and have loved every second of it! Things seem to be going great for me, Shayla, Wade, the Mc/Duck...
49.7K 1.5K 19
Louie always had inner demons, but when they start to get worse, Louie questions not only his bad side but his good side. (Contains: bad thoughts, b...
1K 72 23
Everyone is in shock. Nobody was prepared to lose Louie so quickly. The gang has to find some key for Bill Cipher or else Louie might not make it... ...
15.4K 461 20
Dewey has never felt like he stood out enough. Suddenly, one day he disappears without a trace. Follow Dewey and the rest of his family through this...