First Wife, First Love.

بواسطة Karnavi55

0. Summary. [Arranged Marriages Series 0.5] She is his first wife and soon she turns out to be his first love... المزيد

0. Characters.
1. Arya Malhotra.
2. Vedant Mehra
3. Failed Marriages.
4. Old Friends.
6. First Meeting.
7. Save The Date.
8. So Much Shopping.
9. Happy Moments.
10. Engagement Day.
11. A Piece Of Past.
12. Mehandi & Sangeet.
13. Tied Forever.
14. Considerate Husband.
15. Silly Siblings.
16. Our Name.
17. Hold My Hand.
18. Balancing Relations.
19. A Little Closer.
20. One Kiss At A Time.
21. Good Habit.
22. Starting Somewhere.
23. Rakshabandhan Shock.
24. Insecurities.
25. Truth Unfold.
26. New Morning.
27. Shocking Applaud.
28. Living With Guilt.
29. BB & NN.
30. Romantic Hubby.
31. Falling For You.
32. All Yours.
33. Extended Honeymoon.
34. Just A Thought.
35. Family Dinner.
36. Little Argument
37. Opening Up.
38. Patching Up.
39. Beautiful Family.
40. Epilogue.
41. Epilogue-2.
Author's Note.

5. Marriage Proposal.

15K 820 42
بواسطة Karnavi55

***Rajnath's Pov.***

"So what do you say?" I ask Raghu, my best friend.

"I am surprised, but it is not a bad idea." Raghu says with a hesitation.

"Look, I will hide nothing from you. You know our past very well. How my own son almost ruined our lives. By the grace of god, I got Purvi out of this sick relationship. I got her divorced and made her my heir. Things are getting better too. Vedant is also coming out of his shell and is a very confident and loyal grandson. Mayra is still avoided because of her parents, even though she is the sweetest child in the world. But you know me and you know I will take care of Arya like my daughter. I really liked her for Vedant. She is loving, kind and very loyal towards her family. If she marries in our family, our family's fate would just change for the better. So what do you think?" I ask him.

"I saw Vedant and I know he is nothing like your son. He has gotten your, Meera bhabhi and Purvi's good upbringing. I trust your word enough. But I have to talk about this to my family. It would be my decision only but I have to tell them too. So I would need some time." Raghu says.

"Take as much time as you need. Even I have to tell my family about this." I say.

"Then we will discuss it with our family then fix a meeting later on. What do you say?" He asks.

"Perfect. If they like each other even a bit then we will marry them." I say.

"Yes." Raghu says with a smile then gives me a big hug.

***Arya's Pov.***

It has been a week since I discussed everything with Rajnath Dadu and Mayra. Mayra and I go shopping for the things we need as the painting will be done soon.

As we go to look after some work, I take Veer with me. Mayra is very good with kids as Veer really enjoys playing with her. I get busy with work as she looks after Veer with his nanny around them.

After coming home, Veer excitedly jumps in Shaurya bhai's arms and pats his cheeks. He is in a very happy mood today. We all have dinner then sit down in the living room for dessert and Nanu starts a conversation.

"So you remember my friend Rajnath, right Sarthak?" Nanu says to Mamu.

"Yes. Your bestest friend." Mamu says.

"He has a grandson, Vedant. Very polite and respectful towards others. I saw him today at their office." Nanu says.

"Yes. I heard from others that he is very good at dealing with new business. And in a very small time he has taken Mehra Company to new heights and that too after the major loss they faced some years ago. People are talking about his tactful approach in the business world a lot." Mamu praises Mr. Mehra. He must be good since my Mamu is praising him as he never even says a word about anyone.

"Yes, very good man too, he is. What do you think of him as your son-in-law?" Nanu says and I almost choke on my ice cream.

"Sorry but not interested." Parth says as he eats ice cream and Mami hits on his head.

"Not for you idiot. I am talking about Arya and Vedant." Nanu says as he glares at Parth.

"What?" Mamu says with wide eyes and everyone looks at Nanu.

"Yes. They are from our caste only and Vedant is a good family-oriented kind of boy. He respects his elders and is very polite " Nanu tells us.

"It is fine but wouldn't it be too soon to marry her. And you know their family's history." Nani asks with worry.

"Someone's past doesn't define their future. Vedant is a gem of a person nothing like his father. He was brought up by my friend and his Mom. At least we should think about it." Nanu says.

"If you think he is a good choice for our Aru then I am trusting you." Mami says.

"Yes. I know your friend is a very good hearted person. He would surely look after our Aru." Nani says too.

"But shouldn't Aru get to decide too after she sees this man herself?" Shaurya bhai says.

"Shaurya, my father is not a dictator." Mamu says.

"Sorry, Dad. Sorry dadu. That was not what I meant." Shaurya bhai says.

"That's okay. When did I say that I am forcing her? Look Aru, first meet this boy and if you like him then say yes if not you can say no. Okay?" Nanu asks me.

I think for a few seconds as they look at me then smile and say, "Okay. As you say Nanu."

"Great. Now that is my granddaughter. I will call Raj then fix the meeting." Nanu says and then they talk about arranging things for the family meeting.

Parth gestures to me to follow him and I take my ice cream bowl to follow him. Shaurya bhai and Reyansh bhai also came with us. We sit in the backyard and my brothers look at me like they want some kind of explanation from me.

"What?" I ask.

"Why did you say okay to Dadu?" Parth asks.

"Yes. You should have thought before saying yes." Reyansh bhai says.

"Yes. You should wait." Shaurya bhai says as I eat my ice cream.

"Are you even listening to what we are saying?" Parth asks.

"Yes. And I also heard what Nanu said but I don't think you all did." I say.

"What did he say?" Shaurya bhai asks.

"Yes, tell us." Reyansh bhai says.

"He only told me to meet the guy and then decide. I did not say yes to the marriage. I said yes to meeting him. And didn't you hear how Nanu was praising him. If he thinks that he is a good choice for me then why not I should just meet him." I say trying to make them understand.

"Well you got a point there. But you have to ask him all the questions you want to ask." Shaurya bhai says.

"Also make sure to notice how he behaves with you and us and our staff." Reyansh bhai says.

"And also see if he is good with Veer or not." Parth says.

I rub my head as they tell me to do different things to get to know the guy in the first meeting. Some of the suggestions are very funny and I am not even going to use them but I don't tell them that. When we get inside, Nanu asks me to sit beside him.

"I called Raj and he said they are going to come to meet you and us tomorrow evening. Is it okay for you?" Nanu asks.

"Yes." I say with a shy smile. He hugs me and I think about what kind of person he would be to impress my Nanu in such a short time.

***Vedant's POV.***

I finished my work very early today so I thought of surprising Ma with me and her favorite sweet dish. I buy some jalebi and rabdi for her and others too. I come home to see her sitting with Dadi and complaining about me.

"Ved has grown up too much. I miss those days when he used to be in my lap and would not go away. He used to eat in my lap and sleep there only. But now he doesn't even call me once in a day and comes home late too." Ma says with her cute pout.

"Purvi. You know he stays busy in the office for you only. So you could have all these luxuries." Dadi says with a sigh.

"I know Ma but I don't want luxury at the cost of my son's time." Ma says.

"Then do one thing: marry him. That way you would have company and Ved would come home early after marriage. Also we would have some grandchildren too." Dadi says and I feel like she is conspiring against me. She and Dadu are made for each other.

"You are right. Then I will make Ved jealous by showing my daughter in law more love." Ma says and I look at her with an open mouth then shake my head as I smile.

"Well I am happy to hear that you both spend your days conspiring against me. Tell me what else you both have in store for me." I ask as I make my presence known.

"Ved, you are home and that too early." Ma says with delight but then sits down with huff.

"For a second there I was expecting a hug from you." I say and come around and give a maid the parcel I brought and tell her to bring it out on a plate.

"I am not talking to you." She says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes." She says.

"Then what was this?" I ask.

"What?" She asks.

"This." I say, confusing her.

"What is this, Ved?" Ma asks.

"Dadi wasn't Ma talking to me right now?" I ask Dadi and she chuckles.

"You..." She says but stops and starts knitting the scarf again.

"Me what, Ma?" I ask but she doesn't say anything.

I look at Dadi and she gestures that Ma is a bit angry. Well from what I heard she is just upset about why I have grown up so fast. The maid brings out the plate of jalebi and rabri. As I take the tray, I also see Dadu coming our way.

"As someone is not talking to me then maybe I shouldn't have brought this jalebi rabdi for her. Let us eat Dadu and Dadi." I say and see Ma looks at us from the peripheral.

"Yes, why not?" Dadu says and goes to take it but Dadi slaps his hands away and glares.

"No. You can't." Dadi says as she herself takes a bite and teases Dadu and I chuckle as Dadu glares at Dadi.

I take one plate towards Ma and say, "Ma, sorry. See I brought your favorite sweet dish from your favourite sweet shop and came home early to surprise you. Have a bite, please."

She looks at me for a second then pats my cheek and makes me eat first. Then she eats it too. I smile and hug her. I already told one maid to take a plate for Mayra in her room only. We enjoy some pre dinner sweets and Dadu manages to sneak one bite from Dadi's share and we laugh.

Later we have dinner together except Mayra as she has dinner in her room only as she has some work. After dinner, Dadu tells us to gather in the living room as he has an important announcement to make.

"So, I asked Vedant a month ago about marriage? And he said he would marry anyone I choose for him. Well I finally found a perfect girl for her." Dadu says.

"Is this true Vedant?" Dadi says and glares at me.

"Yes. Do you have any problems?" Dadu asks.

"Yes. If I had known, I already have a list of girls for him." She says.

"Well none of them would suit with Ved like this girl would do." Dadu says.

"Who is she?" Dadi asks with a huff.

"Remember my friend Raghuveer, Vedant. The one you brought to my office this morning." Dadu asks.

"Yes." I say this as I remember Raghuveer Ji Malhotra. His name is still taken with respect in the business world even after his retirement.

"Your old friend?" Dadi asks.

"My best friend. His granddaughter." Dadu says.

"But I don't think his son has any daughters, only sons." Dadi says.

"No. I am talking about his daughter's daughter." Dadu says with a smile.

"Wasn't her mother the one who ran away to marry her father then died of cancer when she was abandoned by her husband." Dadi says with a frown.

"Please don't stop judging a child by their parents, will you? Arya has been brought up by her maternal relatives and is a very good person from heart." Dadu says with an angry frown to Dadi.

"Would she be good for Ved and our family?" Ma finally speaks.

"I think 100% she will be. Oh, Purvi, she is so sweet and kind. You would love her." Dadu says as he takes Ma's hand in his wrinkly ones.

"Well, Ma there is nothing wrong in meeting her." Ma tries to convince Dadi.

"Well, I am not against it. Children often are different from their parents. And I trust your Papa enough to know he will not choose anyone like that only. And Raghuveer Ji and his family are very well reputed people and from our caste too." Dadi says to Ma.

"What do you say, Vedant?" Dadu asks me.

"I think I told you I will do whatever you think is right for this family." I say.

"Oh, Vedant." Ma says and hugs me, "I am so happy that you at least agreed to get married. I hope this girl is perfect for you. But if you don't like her you can still say no, okay?"

"Okay." I say as I smile and hold her tightly.

Dadu gets a call from his friend saying that their family is ready to meet me. So they fixed a meeting for tomorrow as it is an auspicious day. Ma and Dadi talk about things they have to take with them in case my relationship gets fixed with this girl named Arya.

I will do whatever is good for my family and if this girl is what will solve our internal issue and be the right choice for me, then I will marry her.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

761K 43.3K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
111K 6.1K 41
Are you looking for arranged marriages with a little bit of drama but a lot of romance? Then you came to the right stop.... ________________________...
1.4M 102K 80
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...
1.3M 51.6K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...