MISTRESS OF FLAME

By CeCeLib

[ BOOK 1 OF AZITERA: YTHER'S QUEEN ] Consumed by avarice, the four human kingdoms-the Infernal Empire, the Ki... More

SYNOPSIS
SOLLEL
AZITERA MAP
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER: Rescue
SPECIAL CHAPTER: A peek into the past
WRITER'S REVEAL: How the Azitera Series came to be
[FREE PREVIEW] - The Descendant of Sappher and the Former Elf Princess
SPECIAL CHAPTER: The Descendant of Sappher and the Former Elf Princess
SPECIAL CHAPTER: Bathtub (R-18)
SPECIAL CHAPTER: The Mistress of the Wind

CHAPTER 52

84.5K 7.7K 3.8K
By CeCeLib

CHAPTER 52

NIGHT FELL and Sollel's group need to find a safe place to let the night pass. It's dangerous to venture the desolate valley in daylight, but it's more perilous to traverse it at night. Hakken suggested to find a higher ground, but since they couldn't find any that was safe, they improvised and settled on one of the large dead trees they found. It was high with thick limbs and branches. Perfect for night stay.

After checking if the tree was safe, Grath had to help Zassia climbed up the tree while Sollel and Hakken climbed the tree with ease.

"Is this safe?" Zassia asked while looking down and when she saw height, her body went cold and became dizzy. "Oh, my deities... I think I'm going to vomit. I hate high places."

"Endure it, lady Zassia." Said Grath who was very comfortable sitting on one of the tree's limbs. "This is safer than staying on the ground."

Watching Zassia getting paler and paler, Sollel felt pity towards her poor student, but as Grath said, this was the safest place. They were in between twenty to thirty feet high, understandable if Zassia was feeling a little queasy.

Leaning her back on the tree trunk while sitting on the tree limb, Sollel turned her attention to Hakken. He was quietly sitting on the same tree limb as her, but his legs were hanging down, just like Grath, and she was the one closer to the trunk.

He looked so fun to tease from where she was sitting, but she didn't. Instead, she just watched him. Enjoying the view in front of her.

After what happened to her, after escaping prison, she was closed off to everyone. She trusted no one. Even Cira who helped her a lot. She was not keen on speaking or entertaining anyone, especially people who tried to get close to her. Cira and Hakken. But as her strength slowly recovers and as she travelled with them— with him, she slowly opened herself. Gradually letting people in and trusting again. She was skeptical at first, doubting everyone's intention, but after Cira was hurt in the Nobles Hill, that's when she realized that she didn't want to lose the people who had become her companion.

Cira. Zassia. Grath. Even Zeke. He's a descendant of Sappher, but he was helpful and very caring to Cira. Of course, Hakken. Her hunter.

Afraid to be betrayed again, she threw a bait to make sure than no one was going to backstab her again. And of course, to catch someone. The person who saved her from prison.

Everything went accroding to plan. Her companions were loyal to a fault. And her bait attracted two individuals. Hakken who appeared on the clearing even though no one told him where she was— only meant one thing, he had eyes on her the whole time— and Warlord Hakkeran who didn't use his arcane weapon as he should to fight their mortal enemy, one of the Yther's queens and the Mistress of Flame. Hakkeran also went easy on her when they were fighting. She had fought against descendants of Sapphers before and they were not weak. No one was weak in Sappher. Each one was a warrior. The strength she had at that time was still too little, still very weak against a warlord, yet he fought her and nearly lost as if she was back to her full strength.

That's when she became certain that the warlord knew her.

Then entered Hakken. He fought with the warlord and the warlord run, leaving Hakken with only one single wound. Not only that, the surprised in Hakken's face at that time when Warlord Hakkeran suddenly fought like a madman, it was not because Hakken was surprised that Hakkeran was stronger that he thought. It was more like a surprised face of a man who was confused why his opponent had a killing intent after agreeing that they were allies.

That's when it became suspicious. That's when her bait started working that made her draw a conclusion.

Hakken and Hakkeran knew each other.

It was the reason why she left Hakken in the forest, using the 'our deal was finished in Ager' reasoning to test him.

If Hakken followed her to the Valley of Bones to offer his assistance and nothing more, she was almost eighty percent certain that Hakken had a hand of her escape. And when no army arrived in the city outside the valley to check if she was there which was supposed to happen knowing the Kingdom of Treterra, she was certain that Hakken and Hakkeran had something to do with it. And not to mention Hakken's knowledge about the Valley of Bones. Sollel didn't buy his 'research' answer. She knew that he knew about the path beforehand.

Though it was not just speculation on her part, she had evidence. Her memories that were starting to come back— that was her evidence.

She started to gradually remember the memories she had forgotten because of being imprisoned and weakened in the moonrite cell. It affected her memories. As her strength recovers, so were her hazy memories. And after taking the flame essence of the flame sorcerer back in the forest clearing, her hazy memory started to clear up.

She remembered Hakken, his full name, his warrior's name and his arcane weapon. She remembered how he wielded it. How he used it. How could she forget the weapon that almost defeated her? It was only thanks to her blood of flame that she won. Without the power from the deities, she would've been defeated.

What Sollel didn't understand was why Hakken was keeping it a secret from her? Was it because their race were mortal enemies or was it because of a different reason? Sollel didn't know. She asked him his name before they entered the Valley of Bones. And his answer was a combination of truth and lies, but she let it go and let him accompany her. To see what he wanted from her.

And as they traverse the Valley of Bones, Sollel finally found out what Hakken wanted from her.

Although, she was not expecting that her simple bait would uncover more than what she hoped for. She didn't expect that she would also uncover a love that transcended three lifetimes, and that love was still burning selflessly, not asking anything in return.

How could she— the object of his love— ignore such affection?

Recalling her memories with him all those years ago, his marriage proposal before their battle, he was so adorable back then too. She even remembered feeling bad that she won. At that time, she even thought that it wouldn't be that bad to have a warlord for a husband.

"— at me, my lady."

Sollel blinked enumerable times hearing Hakken's voice, pulling her out from her deep thoughts. "What were you saying?"

Hakken smiled teasingly. "I was asking why you were looking at me like that."

"Oh," Sollel smiled. "I was just thinking of something. Anyway," Sollel took a deep breath. "I'd been wondering, how did you cross the Shivering Valley so fast?"

"Shortcut."

Sollel's eyebrow shot up at that. "A shortcut?" Then the route we took was a long one?

Hakken nodded. "Yes."

Sollel exhaled at what she learned. Had he purposely taken the long route? That warlord! "Is it dangerous?"

Hakken nodded. "But nothing we can't handle. The dangerous part is the temperature and the blizzard at night, but other than that, it was bearable if you knew the right route."

Sollel inwardly shook her head, then she stared at Hakken. "Funny, you're always worried about me, but you didn't even ask, not even once, who I was with and who helped me in Shivering Valley."

Hakken looked down below, as if escaping Sollel's gaze. "You're the Mistress of Flame. I know you can manage. You're a strong woman."

Sollel chuckled. "Said the man who wanted to fight the monsters with me earlier because he didn't want to be away from me."

Hakken remained silent, so Sollel didn't push for an answer and sighed. "The one who helped me was Warlord Hakkeran, the one who injured you." While telling her story, she was watching the emotion on Hakken's face. "Contrary to what I thought, he was very sweet. Not a day passes that he didn't treat me as a queen. And I like him a lot for that." Hakken's jaw tightened. Oh, my hunter, there's more where that came from. "Though he was very serious with me, which I find adorable too." Hakken's face darkened, but Sollel continued. "Then I found out that he had my Solaris. I don't know if he knew, but to wear my Solaris you have to be very loyal to me. In every sense of the word."

Hakken finally spoke. "Do you like him better?"

Sollel frowned at Hakken. "Why? You're going to give me to him?"

"No!" Hakken couldn't control his voice that Grath, and Zassia who were on the other side of the tree heard him. Then Hakken immediately lowered his voice when he spoke again. "I mean, I don't want to. I want you all for myself."

"And here I thought you left all the negativity behind."

Hakken looked at Sollel then his eyes automatically dropped down to her lips. And it didn't escape Sollel's eyes when Hakken licked his lips while looking at hers as if he was looking at a delectable food. "I guess, I just don't want to share you, my lady."

Sollel smiled. "How selfish."

"When it comes to you, my lady, yes, I am." Then Hakken scooted closer to Sollel and pressed his lips on hers.

Sollel accepted it wholeheartedly. It was a soft and sweet kiss. But it only took a second before it turned into a hot fiery kiss. Hakken's lips were aggressive again, devouring her lips and tongue. Sollel had to stop herself from moaning at how good it felt. Good thing Hakken pulled away before she lost control of herself and moaned.

"You're one naughty hunter," Sollel said while shaking her head.

"I guess, I am." Hakken pressed his lips on hers again. It was just a peck, and, in a heartbeat, he was showering her with kisses as if he couldn't get enough of her, then he captured her mouth once again and gave her wet kisses that Sollel answered wholeheartedly.

Sollel was not a prude. She lacked experience, yes, but the knowledge the elders taught her, and the other queens were still clear in her mind. She only didn't put it to practice before because no one was brave enough to kiss her, afraid she'll burn them... Which she would have if they tried.

But with Hakken, she had no thoughts about burning him at all. Her thoughts were more indecent, and dirty.

Because kissing Hakken opened so many sensations in her body and she wanted to explore them one by one. Only if they had time and privacy.

Sollel softly pushed Hakken and pointed her fingers to their companion on the other side of the tree. "They'll hear us."

Hakken bit her lower lip in response before he pulled away completely, looking satisfied with a wide smile on his lips.

Sollel shook her head. "Someone's happy."

"Who wouldn't be?" He glanced at her. "I just kissed the love of my life whom I waited three lifetimes to see and touch. I think I'm entitled to feel like I'm going crazy."

Sollel chuckled at that. "You know what, Hakken, you should take back all the negativity you left behind. I want to meet the whole you. I think the complete you will be amazing."

Hakken stared at Sollel intently before he answered. "Maybe I will... But not anytime soon."

"Then promise me one thing."

"Promise what, my lady?"

"The moment you decided to take back the negative you, come to me and let me see you first." There was no teasing in Sollel's face. She was dead serious. "I want to meet the whole you before anyone else."

"Why?" Hakken was genuinely curious.

Sollel shrugged. "Because you're mine, of course. That is, if you want to be owned by me."

"All yours, my lady." Hakken's answer was fast and without an ounce of hesitation. "From head to toe. Body, mind, heart, and soul. All yours."

Sollel smiled in satisfaction. "Then, you can have me too—" Hakken's lips parted, until Sollel added, "— of course, you have to be whole for that to happen."

Hakken immediately sulked. "You're so mean and such a tease, my lady."

Sollel just chuckled and kissed Hakken's cheek. "If I'm not a tease, then I'm not your lady. I don't tease people I don't like. I don't speak to them, period."

That made a frown on Hakken's eyebrow. "So, when you were not speaking to me at first, you didn't like me?"

"Yes."

Hakken looked at her in disbelief. "How could you hurt me like this, my lady?"

Sollel just chuckled at Hakken and poked his cheek. "I did like your face. You're quite handsome, though if I compared you to the warlord, I'd say he's point-zero-one percent more handsome."

Hakken looked at his lady flatly. "Are you making me jealous, my lady?"

"Are you?" Sollel chuckled as if something was funny. "If you're jealous, it'll be more fun, I think."

Hakken just sighed and leaned on his lady's shoulder while sitting sideways and his lady was facing him. He smiled when his lady just lets him lean on her. And it felt nice because the night was cold, and she felt warm— literally.

Never in his long and continues life did Hakken expect that a time will come that he would be this close to his beloved. Just sitting like this with his queen felt like he was the luckiest being in Azitera. This was a blessing.

Sollel couldn't help smiling when she found Hakken snoozing softly while leaning on her shoulder. To secure his body so he wouldn't fall, she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer. Hakken was always looking out for her, so this time, it was her time to look out for him.

Sollel secured Hakken's body as he sleeps. And since she didn't really need sleep to function, she stayed awake, and she volunteered to be a guard so Zassia and Grath could sleep. But when midnight came, it was dark and no moon, she heard a crawling and a hissing sound from the ground beneath them. Wanting to see what it was, Sollel dropped a small ball of flame and what she saw made her hair rose.

It was the long bug from earlier this morning. Zassia called it Peripatus. But the horde on the ground were smaller and faster because of its size and they were eating everything in their path! Trees, carcass, bones and even rocks! And they were close to the tree they were at!

"Holy! Wake up!" Sollel shouted for everyone to hear her. Zassia, Grath, and Hakken immediately opened their eyes and became aware of their surroundings. "Let's get out of here!"

Without waiting, Sollel jumped to the ground. When her feet touched the dry land, flame erupted on the ground, creating a circle shape safe space where her companion could land. And seeing that her flames could not stop thousands of Peripatus at the same time and fighting these little crawling bugs will drain her before she annihilated everything, Sollel sent out an order.

"Run!"

Grath immediately picked up Zassia who was slow when it comes to running and they sprinted together with Hakken, but when Hakken saw that his lady stayed to hold off the thousands of Peripatus, he went back to grab his lady's hand.

"Come on, my lady! Let's run!" Hakken shouted and only then did Sollel turn around and run with Hakken. The long crawling Peripatus were hot on the heels and as they run to escape, the two lost sight of Zassia and Grath who went running first, but they couldn't find the time nor the chance to look for them because the crawling Peripatus were so close to devouring them and the only thing blocking their path was Sollel's flame, but even that was not enough to stop the thousands Peripatus devouring the land.

Sollel and Hakken just run without minding where they were going. As long as there were no Peripatus, their feet unconsciously run towards it. The duo were too preoccupied of their Peripatus that they didn't realize they were about to collide with a group that they wanted to avoid at all cost.

But it was already too late.

The moment Sollel's cloak glowed red, as if warning her that a moonrite stone was near, her eyes narrowed on the group of sorcerers, sorceress, warriors and two descendants of Sapphers warlords who were also running from the same thing.

And they were only meters apart from collision.

Simultaneously, the moment Sollel and Hakken realized that they were about to collide with the enemies, the enemy camp also discovered that they were about to come into collision with the Mistress of Flame!

And everyone froze. They didn't know what to do.

Fight the enemy or fight the crawling Peripatus?

Sollel answer was to fight both. But the pesky crawling Peripatus were now upon them, her eyes unconsciously settled on Warlord Hakkeran who also had his eyes on her and Hakken. Hakkeran subtly nodded, Sollel didn't know if it was for her or for Hakken.

Then a moment later, the fight between monsters versus the Mistress of Flame and a Hunter versus the Kingdom of Treterra sorcerer and sorceress and the two descendants of Sapphers warlords broke loose. 

CECELIB | C.C.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486 96 30
Before you begin this story, I must warn you first. This is not a tale of dashing knights and lovely damsels awaiting rescue. It is not the tale of h...
31.1K 1.2K 35
With the war against Hybern over, Prythian is finally able to breathe. That is, until four women are brought into a dream where they discover that th...
12.9K 1.1K 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist Astrid, the Princess of Eurovea, a country existing several centuries in the future, had led a happy and sheltered life in the ca...
15.5K 672 31
Sometimes when we find out a secret that has been kept from us for so long, it's not the secrecy that kills us, but what is actually unveiled. |||||...