Unexpected Fortune pulling st...

By -WhatIsLifeAnymore-

Where one side gets information,while the other gets entertainment after being bored for an eternity of nothi... More

Naming sense(NOT A CHAPTER)
Introduction To The Coin System/GoD Slander
Short Side Story/Alberu Learns From Cale
Wiki
Pretty Useless Bastard (2)
Pretty Useless Bastard(2)

Damned Gods

9K 342 524
By -WhatIsLifeAnymore-

Summary: Those damned gods really do what they want without restraint. But really. Are they all bad? Cale and Co. Gets transported to watch information of the future and they reluctantly agree.

The timeline is after the battle in the gorge of death and before Cale gets the Sky Eating Water.

Cale looked around in shock. He'd just been teleported somewhere a bit after using the dominating water. He looked around and saw all his allies he'd made. With a few people who look like they hold influence or power,that he'd never met before.

He calmed as he recognised the domain.

After their shock was offset a bit,a voice came out.

"Ugh,this better be working-" He recognised the voice. It was the one who brought him to react to a bunch of messages. Completely random.

"Well,so I am a basically a god."

It took a while,but their shock slowly went away as they listened to her. Things you do become alot more believable if your a god,huh?

"I am here to show yall the misfortunes that'll happen in the future."

"What will you gain from this?" I cut straight to the chase.

She raised an eyebrow at me. She smiled mischievously,as always. "What will I not gain? It'll be entertaining,help to take out a thorn sticking on my side,and teach the demonic race a lesson."

People looked at the brave person who dared to be insolent to god's.

"Well,I'm basically the only person in my friend group-"

"You have a friend group?" Asked actually drunk Bud,like the dumbass he is. Glenn was too late to shut his mouth.

"Heeeey,don't interrupt me. I'll introduce them to you later. They'll be coming too. So,i paused time with the help of Ao-I mean,the god of time. It would've been a hassle,buuut since the demonic race is involved,I'm holding less probability than I originally should have."

"Eh,but sadly, I and you can't decide what chapters will play."

"Chapters?" Asked Cale. He immediately thought on how it must be from Choi Han's POV as he was the main character. He also voiced out some other people's thoughts.

"Reading will give more information than watching in which you'll have to walk around constantly trying to find something you would've noticed immediately in writing."

"I can't decide to lesser probability. We'll start now. I'll give a check on whats happening."

After a few painful hours of explaining wtf is going on in that amazing arc. (She had to stop Cale's allies from killing her due to her restrictions that only allow her to speak specific information.)

Everyone was bamboozled.

"Can't waste more time. So we'll start, we'll give short breaks to digest info."

Chapter: Pretty Useless Bastard (1)

"Who are they referring to as useless and bastard? I hope it's not you, young master." Ron said as he benignly smiled at Cale.

Cale just averted his eyes. Which garnered suspicion.

"What do you mean by that?"

Choi Han heard a voice behind his back.

Alberu was standing there.

"Did this crazy bastard do something again?" Alberu,who figured he was going to be exposed anyway, brusquely said that. Alot of people were quite shocked to see the prince's lack of etiquette in god's domain.

"...Who?"

Cage did not recognize Alberu who was wearing a mask and changed his voice and looked at him with wariness.

'I changed my voice?' he was a bit puzzled,but figured he'll get an explanation sooner or later. He was also wary that he might be in his dark elf form.

Choi Han started to speak at that moment.

He sounded almost as if he was shouting.

"There's no way that-!"
"Lower your voice."

'Why am I shouting?' Choi Han was starting to get a bit concerned.

Alberu squeezed Choi Han's shoulder.

Peek.

Alberu then peeked toward the closed strategy room door.

He had followed behind Choi Han because he found it odd that Choi Han suddenly left the room with an odd expression and managed to hear part of what Cage said.

'...Their vow of death with Cale disappearing means-'

His eyes widened. The vow of death broke.... Doesn't that mean he's dead?

It meant that he was dead?

Alberu quietly whispered to Choi Han who was looking at him.

"Do you want Duke Fredo to hear everything? You want the enemies to hear everything? You want them to know about this situation?"

'Duke Fredo?' He'd never heard of a Duke with that name. This was just getting more and more confusing. But,if they were so wary,it must be a problem if Duke Fredo heard thier conversation.

Choi Han's open mouth closed shut.

Choi Han then peeked toward the closed strategy room door.

Alberu continued to whisper.

"I closed the door as soon as Cale was brought up, so they shouldn't have been able to hear inside."

He sighed in relief.

Choi Han finally sighed in relief after hearing Alberu's comment.

But then he immediately started to frown.

"We need to go to the Endable Kingdom. We need to hurry over to the Endable Kingdom."

'Endable kingdom?' Ok,now what was that? Thing are starting to get more and more crazy and confusing,but he kept his calm.

' Even when learning information that could possibly help us,you still drive me crazy,you crazy bastard.'

Choi Han's fingertips were shaking. The same words continued to come out of his mouth.

"We need to hurry over to the End-"
"Be quiet!"

'I shouted?' And that in an annoyed voice? He'd never done,he wasn't allowed to do that,in order to not ruin his princely image.

Choi Han could see Alberu's expression after hearing him shout in an annoyed voice.

Choi Han's eyes opened wide.

'...Has Alberu Crossman ever been so openly annoyed or angry before?'

Never.

Choi Han realized that Alberu was stressed out as well.

Alberu continued to mumble in an annoyed voice.

"I'm thinking. Thinking. I'm thinking about what to do."

'Cale Henituse died? He suddenly died like that? He died even with Eruhaben and Bud by his side? Was that possible?'

This person... They were able to kill this meticulous person with the protection of an ancient dragon,and a THE mercenary king? Just who were they? No,no. He wasn't dead yet. They didn't confirm he was dead.

Meanwhile,Buds eyes widened.'I'm involved with this person too? Just what is going on? Perhaps,they can help me kill the crazy bastard?'

Bang!

Alberu heard the strategy room's door slam open.

"Mm."

He then groaned.

Alberu could see a shaking black Dragon.

Ah,right,Cale Henituse's 2 dragons. Alberu belatedly recalled.

Meanwhile,people who weren't Cale's alleys yet,were shocked. Two dragons? Just what is up with this person's luck? (Lmao,just wait.)

"T, the human!"

Raon approached them while holding a video communication device with his shaking paws.

Crackle. Crackle.

Black mana was fluctuating in an irregular manner around Raon.

Crackle!

The video communication device was starting to crack because of the mana. The mana continued to get bigger and stronger as it fluctuated around Raon.

Their eyes widened slightly. So this is the power of a dragon. Mages quickly tried to remember as much as they could from this rare display.( Completely forgetting their in a god's domain,which might as well be rarer.)

Raon barely managed to speak after seeing Alberu's stiff expression.

"...T, they said that the human d, disappeared. G, Goldie gramps- gramps, he-"

Alberu clenched his hands.

Alberu took a deep breath after seeing Raon being unable to speak.

He looked inside the strategy room past Raon.

Lord Sheritt, Duke Fredo, and the Dragon half-blood were inside the strategy room.

'Lord sheritt? Who?'( i dont think Cale got sheritt before the battle in the gorge of death,right?)

Alberu smiled as he realised the dragon half-blood was now most likely their ally. He looked at Cale from the side of his eye. 'That must've been because of this bastard,too.'

Fredo had his arms crossed as he observed them with an odd expression.

Alberu started to speak.

"...You son of a bitch."

Alberu winced slightly at his language. Just what was this bastard doing?

'Cale Henituse. Just what the hell are you going around doing? Did something happen to you? ...First of all.'

Alberu thought about Eruhaben's description of how Cale had disappeared.

'We don't know if he is dead.'

In that case...

"Choi Han."
"Yes, sir."

"You go to the Endable Kingdom."

Alberu looked at Fredo and took off his mask.

His skin, eyes, and hair color all changed at the same time.

His eyes widened. So he was gonna get revealed early,huh? He smiled bitterly. People couldn't hide their wonder about this turn of events.

"......!"

Alberu continued to speak as Duke Fredo's eyes opened wide and his jaw dropped in shock.

"I will go to the palace first and then head over too."

Choi Han and Alberu made eye contact.

Choi Han started to speak.

"Then I will be heading out first."

Choi Han and Alberu started to walk in different directions after that.

* * *

Cale couldn't breathe.

They were getting really scared. Their Cale couldn't breathe? Was he... Actually dead? No,no. There is no way. He said he'd live as a slacker with them,right? So there is no way he'll die! Right,no way he'll die!( Flashback to my one-shot.)

'...It's hard to breathe......'

They clenched their fists in anger or breathed out. What's the use of their strength,if they can't protect the one they love the most?

He wanted to breathe, but he could not take a breath properly.

He couldn't open his eyes and his ears felt numb.

He couldn't even smell anything.

'I remember getting caught by the black hand and being dragged somewhere...'

They got their shit together and started taking notes,so they could beat up the person who dared harm their Cale.

But he couldn't remember anything after that.

For some odd reason, Cale was breathing even though he felt as if he was suffocating.

They sighed in relief. It's wasn't great,but atleast he was breathing and alive.

As Cale tried his best to move his body in this situation...

'Damn it! What the hell is going on?'

It'd be one thing if he could even squirm, but his body wasn't allowing him to make any movements at all.

'Is he not in control of his body right now?' some thought,but not dare speak out,lest they anger the rest.

- Child who has escaped the hand of god and his fate.

Cale felt his heart sink after suddenly hearing the chilling voice.

Something that can scare the fearless Cale? He must be extremely dangerous! They vowed to get stronger to protect their Cale from any dangers!

The first of his senses to be permitted back to him was his hearing.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

His heart was beating wildly.

- Humans, no, living beings are meant to be born and then eventually die. That is the law of nature and their fate. You've gone against that.

They clenched thier fists remembering the many times that Cale had cough up blood. Their hands were getting really pale and blue.

'Who is this? Is the black hand talking? What is the black hand?'

- Furthermore, time is warped for you as well. You are you, but also not you.

His body started to shake.

The second thing Cale was permitted to do in this situation was to shake.

It was an instinctual fear.

He'll be fine,they reassured themselves,but it didn't help much.

- Cale Barrow. I thought that only that child was qualified to carry on my powers. But you are the same.

'Cale barrow?' they'd never heard that name before. They deemed it important to remember that name

Cale suddenly felt as if his ears suddenly opened.

He then had a strong urge to talk.

His mouth then opened.

"Who are you?"
- Me?

He heard a low laugh.

- Just as the Divine race worships the gods, there are beings the Demonic race worships as well. I am a being the Demonic race worships.

Some of the dragons' eyes widened. 'The demonic race? They're moving? Why hasn't the divine race given a revelation yet?' People started to get in a frenzy.

'A being the Demonic race worships?'

- I've been in a deep slumber, waking up for a short duration of time over and over after being sealed by the gods a long time ago.
"...So, who the hell are you?"

As expected of Cale,he did not bow to even gods.

Cale suddenly felt a large hand caressing his back.

But a terrible fear filled his body each time the hand touched him.

That voice whispered in Cale's ear at that moment.

- I am wickedness.

'What?'

Cale took a deep breath.

The voice continued to speak.

- I am solitude. I am despair.

A being that was wickedness, solitude, and despair.

- I am all things that humans like you do not want.

This was a being that brought out a human's instinctual fear and anxiety.

- A being whose presence itself turns into fear, but something that still exists somewhere.

Cale's eyes suddenly opened.

He made eye contact with the thing.

- That is who I am.

Blood-colored eyes were looking at him.

'Mmph!'

He instantly felt as if he could not breathe again.

- You have faced solitude, resigned in front of despair, were in pain, and had to face the wickedness surrounding you many times. Furthermore, you escaped your fate and the hands of a god, your time is warped, and you are you but not you at the same time.

Faced solitude? Resigned in front of despair? Were in pain? It was then that people remembered Cale,who was 20,(even rok soo who was 36,it might be old to some people,but compared to dragons and other beings lifespan,it went in the blink of an eye. )

They remembered how Cale–no,rok soo had to have insane talent or faced... Circumstances to be nonchalant when facing things that would make an ordinary person break. (This is gonna be third person view-point so KRS is gonna show up pretty often.)

As Kim Rok Soo, he had lost all things that were precious to him and escaped his fated death.

Kim Rok Soo? Alot of people were curious about the odd new name. Choi Han flinched and Raon,clearly better than Choi Han as an actor,kept his cool. Cale flinched,but he hid it quite well,but no matter how well he hides it,his assassin butler noticed it.

Now, he was both Kim Rok Soo and Cale Henituse.

They remembered the text was going on. Ron raised his hand as Kyla stared at him to speak.

"May we have a break? As it seems we need to... Discuss a few things."

She nodded firmly and replied with a "Yeah,sure. Just don't take too much time."

All eyes went to Cale.

"So,young master,what is it about this 'Kim Rok Soo?"

He smiled his usual smile,but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"You unlucky punk,what did you get yourself into?" Do I even need to say who told this?

Cale sucked in some air. He slowly exhaled as he dropped the nuclear weapon.

"I'm a transmigrator." The bomb was dropped and everyone who didn't know was left aghast.

Ron's beignin smile dropped.

"What are you talking about young master? Now is not the time to joke." He pulled his smile back up although it didn't seem to reach his eyes.

[The constellation 'God of Eternal Rest' tells all of you to calm down.]

[The constellation 'The Lady Who Reigns Over the Sun' looks at constellation 'God of Eternal Rest' in pity.]

[A constellation who likes despair looks at constellation 'God of Eternal Rest' as if he is pathetic.]

[The constellation 'Goddess of Existence' shoos everyone away and tells them to quite down and intervene only if necessary.]

[The constellation 'Goddess of Existence' smiles down at you warmly.]

[You have been sponsored 50,000 coins!]

These messages appeared infront of everyone but they paid more attention to Cale.

"I used to be Kim Rok Soo,a normal person,who suddenly woke up in Cale Henituse's body,one day."

Ron's eyes shook violently as his head got chaotic.

"So,you suddenly woke up in the young masters body, without your consent?"

"Yes,most likely the fault of the God of Death."

Ron breathed in quitely. His young master,whom he took care of since he was a baby,till he was old,was now gone? He might've not cared for him as much as Beacrox,but he still cared for him.

"Very well. I suppose we'll find the reason for your transmigration later,I suppose?" He looked at the person who brought them here. She smiled and nodded.

Cale was surprised to see how easily he accepted it. He was still a bit worried about the others reactions,but didn't let it show on his face.

"So transmigration IS possible!" Rosalyn's eyes shined a bit.

She started asking him random questions about his transmigration like 'Did you feel weird? As if your body took all the weight in the world to cross dimensions? I mean,it must be a burden for your body to have gone through space-time,yes?' and many more of the likes. Mages truly were curious creatures.

Eruhaben-nim looked at him with a gaze that screamed 'you unlucky bastard!'

All of them accepted it easily as they knew him after he got transmigrated,not before.

"How was your life before this,nya?~" asked a curious Hong.

"I'd say it was normal." Lie. His face didnt event twitch when he lied. What a great liar.

The people whom he didn't know we're left out the conversation. They either initiated a conversation with someone else,or just standed fidgeting their fingers. Or some magically got games to play.

As the conversation went on,they completely forgot to ask what the it meant that he was supposed to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 70.6K 125
The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?! 50 years ago, rifts started to open around the world. Portals to other dimensions. And with their...
742K 44K 92
Did I just transmigrate into an Ateez fanfiction?! A pirate AU at that! But instead of becoming Y/N, I'm actually become a nameless character who's g...
42.7K 1.5K 43
𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 Jun 17 2022 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 Nov 19 2022 I woke up in a world I didn't belong to New school, new family, new classmates and new friends But...
8.8K 486 13
"You finally decided to be honest to yourself." "Yes. I realized how stupid I've been." He gazed at the goddess with determined eyes. "I would like...