Avatar: Awakened Gamer

By HolyJ0ker

This is the story of a man who transmigrated into the Avatar world as Sokka with a Gamer Interface. The Main... More

Chapter 1: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 2: Stats
Chapter 3: Fishy Fish
Chapter 4: Preparation
Chapter 5: Preparation & Banishment
Chapter 6: Zuko
Chapter 7
Chapter 8: Bros
Chapter 9
Chapter 10: Aang Goes Home
Chapter 11: Outburst
Chapter 12: Kyoshi Island
Chapter 13: Seduction
Chapter 14: Secret Arts
Chapter 15: Evolution?
Chapter 16: BeastMaster64
Chapter 17: Fire Nation Attacked
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Cabbage Merchant
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Egg
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: A moving Speech
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: A battle against Fate and Destiny
Chapter 37: Schemes of Broken People
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42: Negotiation
Chapter 43: Battle against Monsters
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47: Lions and Lambs
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50: Truths
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Forbidden Knowledge
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: Fate? I can change it.
Chapter 56: Cold Mercy
Chapter 57 - I will save them my way!
Chapter 58 - New Best Friends
Chapter 59 - Strategic Minds
Chapter 60 - Old Man's Favor
Chapter 61- Twisted Fate
Chapter 62 - Tides of Fate
Chapter 63 - Promise to Myself
Chapter 64 - Exotic
Chapter 65: Banquet & Princess
Chapter 66 - Look Underneath
Chapter 67 - Water Tribes
Chapter 68 - Two Sides of the Same Coin
Chapter 69: Generational Fight
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: A Dangerous Enemy
Chapter 72 - Viscous Enemy
Chapter 73: Cowards, Family, and Betrayal
Chapter 74: We have an impostor among us
Chapter 76: Arts and Deals
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82: Wake up!
Chapter 83 - Playing with the Dice
Chapter 84: We Are Equal
Chapter 85 - Divine Right
Chapter 86 - Dark Passenger
Chapter 87 - Secrets Between Us
Chapter 88 - I might be a princess, but am still human
Chapter 89 - Let Me Show You The World
Chapter 90 - Different Kind of Monster
Chapter 91 - Chains Around My Wrists
Chapter 92 - Slave-... I mean Unpaid Intern
Chapter 93 - Spirit and Human
Chapter 94 - Stalemate
Chapter 95 - Killing Gods
Chapter 96 - Starved Sights
Chapter 97 - The World Bleeds
Chapter 98 - Big News
Chapter 99
Chapter 100 - Innocent and Dangerous
Chapter 101 - Animals
Chapter 102 - No Help Comes for Free
Chapter 103
Chapter 104 - Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 105

Chapter 75: He likes pets?

6.4K 277 26
By HolyJ0ker

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 75: He likes pets?

***
Even after having indirectly killed ten people. Sokka acted causal, and just trained, with that he was able to increase his strength by 2. 

He did mostly strength training by wrestling with some domesticated polar bear dogs? Most of the animals in this world were very weird. 

He didn’t say anything or act unusually. For some time, and a couple of days passed. Which made everyone understand what had happened to the men who went on the secret mission.

**
Sokka was doing push-ups, training his strength. Katara came to him and she had a worried look on her face. “Are you doing okay?”

He stopped at her question and stood up, even through all of that rigorous exercise, he was barely sweating. Not because he wasn’t tired, but [Gamer’s Body] helped him a lot to keep his body at its peak, and ready to fight. 

Game Characters rarely sweat or get tired, even when they do, the fundamental logical human body rules that apply to them. Sokka had done quite a lot of research, every day he tried to learn a new thing about the Gamer Interface. Having a special ability and not knowing everything about it was a danger in and of itself.

“C’mon now, sister,” he smiled brightly, and put his arm around her shoulders, causing Kiwi, the little fox to pop its head from under Katara’s clothes. Sokka smiled at the little fox and petted her slightly. “There is my cute little guy.”

“It’s a girl. I already told you that,” Katara reminded him. “Also what are you doing with her?”

“Hm?”

“I thought you didn’t like Kiwi,” she narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Sokka being nice to someone with a genuine demeanor, made Katara be on guard. She was waiting for the inevitable punchline, which would reveal his sinister plans.

‘Okay, maybe I am being a little critical of him. But unless it is sarcastically, my brother will never be nice to someone. The way he is acting right now is even more suspicious than usual.’

Her mind worked faster than it had ever before, as she tried to look at an angle and what was he aiming at here. 

Sokka on the other hand was reminded of a dog he had back home, he liked pets quite a lot, opposite of what his usual demeanor showed. “I like Kiwi, plus she has grown a little and looks kinda like a dog.”

“Dog?” She was confused. Not understanding what kind of animal was called that.

“Think of it like a polar bear dog, but smaller and much, much cuter,” Sokka explained it in a way she could understand. Most of this world’s animals were some kind of hybrid and some that weren’t. “I like dogs.”

“I don’t think you have ever seen a real dog in your life.”

“And you haven’t seen a mountain of gold, but that doesn't mean you wouldn’t like having it,” he debuted her while thinking that he should get a pet after this war is over. Maybe a cat? He had seen a couple of normal cats in the Earth Kingdom. “Anyway, the Southern Water Tribe will be quite nice when we go back. I have this amazing plan.”

Katara stared at him, trying to figure out what her brother was thinking, or why he was telling her this. But once again, she was unable to see any logical way about what he was up to. “Do you want to see some new waterbending moves that I learned from Pakku?”

“Oh wow, that sounds amazing, can’t wait for that," he declared sarcastically. Though Sokka didn’t have anything better to do right now and was waiting for a certain someone to come and find him. 

Though Katara heard the sarcasm, she smiled smugly and started showing off her waterbending moves, and her brother looked on with a contemplative look. 

***
-Katara POV-

Damn it! He wasn’t getting annoyed at all. Finally, after learning to keep calm after his provocative words that usually annoyed me to no end, I thought I could get the upper hand and annoy him back. But Sokka always seems unfazed by the things around him. 

“Katara, have you ever wondered what you will do after the war is over? Or even in the future,” he suddenly inquired, catching me off guard.

The future? I never really thought of it, we weren’t sure of even beating the Fire Nation, or how to stop them. Much less about things after the war. The far future? I don’t know if we will have any future if the Fire Nation wins. Especially since the Avatar’s companions are bound to be eternal enemies of the Fire Nation. 

“Never really thought about it. There are enough things we have on our plate right now. My dream for the longest time has been to find a waterbending teacher and I was finally able to get that.”

Sokka nodded and he laid down on the cold icy ground, though he was wearing a jacket, it was bound to be cold. But he didn’t seem bothered by it at all. “You should think about it more. You have one life, so don’t waste it and let others control your life. Even those who love you can unconsciously waste your time, so be careful. They will love you, but they won’t care about your time.”

He had something in his mind that was bothering him, but I knew that he wouldn't tell me. Sokka seems to be keeping some secrets as of late, and wasn’t ashamed to show it to me that he was hiding something. Still, I was a little nervous about how this war would end up, because while the people seem to address Sokka as a Hero for saving them, war was dangerous, not something you could play at. 

Even though I had started seeing the crack in the system, the Northern Water Tribe had no chance of winning this war. Unless Aang entered the Avatar state or something like that, but even then it would be dangerous. 

I somewhat know how strong Aang was in his Avatar State, but have never seen him battle against an army that would throw flaming boulders at him. That would be impossible, even for the Avatar.

***
In his first life, Sokka had been quite perceptive, a skill that he had developed during the failure that was his acting career. That failure was something that he was glad had happened, sometimes failing was a good thing too. Since then he had been able to read the general mood of someone. 

In this world, his perception had gotten better, having to sharpen such insight even more. Because here, he had to deal with malicious people daily. While in his last world, the most he had to deal with was a coworker trying to one-up him, or a manager stealing his efforts and presenting them as if they were the manager's ideas. The world was cruel on both sides, but one side stood more prominent, lawless.

While Gamer Interface didn't help anyone with something like not being naive, it rewarded behavior that wasn't stupid. Sokka liked to consider himself who at least wasn't stupid.

"Anyway, think about your future a little more," Sokka advised her, before getting up and walking away, having caught sight of the location of the person he was waiting for. "Sometimes, even contemplating it can save you from tragedies. Don't let your future become something others decide for you."

Katara gazed at his back as he walked off, and asked him. "What about you? Have you ever thought about your future?"

"Of course," he nodded, a small smirk making its way into his face. Katara could tell that he was smirking even though she couldn't see his face. "I have everything planned… even my death," he muttered the last part quietly, but she still heard him. "Sometimes, things might not go to plan, but you just need to adjust and adapt to situations."

"Make sure you plan everything carefully then," Katara pouted, acting annoyed at his words. Though she listened to them very closely. "If you fall down, I will be there for you too."

"Eww, that's cringe," Sokka turned around and looked at her as if he had swallowed a lemon, he seemed to have been hurt inside due to her words. "I got second-hand embarrassment just listening to them."

"I learned to speak this way from you! Bastard!" She chased him off, Katara was annoyed, this time for real.

But Sokka was fast and it seemed like he had multiple legs, like a squid as he ran off. In the end, she was left breathing heavily, with her brother nowhere in sight.

**
Sokka stood atop one of the roofs after losing Katara, and he looked down at the person he had been waiting for. It was Arnook, the Chieftain, he stood tall and tried to look respectable. But Sokka could see through him like an x-ray. 

He noticed that Arnook had lost some weight, appetite changes maybe? Since he seemed thin, energetic, and judging by his half-closed eyes and yawn, it seemed like he had slept less too. Or maybe he hadn't slept at all.

Appetite and weight changes. 
Changes in sleep habits. 
Less optimistic than others. 
Loss of concentration. 
Disinterested in his hobbies.

Those were the signs that someone was depressed. Sokka couldn't prove the last point, he was still quite confident in his assessment as Arnook fit most of the descriptions. 

Sokka knew just how vulnerable one could be in this position. Normal people could be depressed, but a leader never must, or else he will be taken advantage of. Right now, Sokka wasn't feeling too kind as the more dangerous the situation became, the more ruthless he would become. 

Now wasn't the time to be nice.

So with that in mind, he jumped down and approached the chieftain, with nefarious thoughts in his mind. 

***********
A/N: If you wanna join my Discord server to ask any questions or see character pics. Here it is the link:
https://discord.gg/bqadGRAUHA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3K 24
*Under Editing 3/22 chapters done* This story starts when Zuko abandons Ozai to go join the gaang but in the process he keeps thinking about the beau...
78.1K 1.7K 24
hello everyone! I notice there aren't many female love stories with toph. so I wanted to make one or maybe more teehee. yes! there will be smut...bu...
8.4K 410 19
Dying in a truck accident Levi wakes up to find himself in a completely new world, so different from his own and yet so familiar, the world of "Avata...
2.1K 53 5
From the moment of birth i know there was something great about me, i was born with unequal power, just like the Avatar, but i promised my mother th...