The Other 'NYC' Newbie {1}

By fqirygen

Brielle Lawson moves from Brooklyn, New York to Riverdale, (being the second person to move from NYC to River... More

~ Characters ~
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
PART 2
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
!!!
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
| SEQUEL |

7

61 3 0
By fqirygen

It was 4:30PM and I had just got out the shower. I threw on comfy clothes to wear while I do my hair and light makeup for school pep rally at 6:00.

(Her outfit)

I sat at my vanity and flat ironed my hair, did a high ponytail and let down two strands in the front and did my edges. I hate having naturally long hair at times, it gets very annoying to do everyday, especially when I'm in a rush or need it to look perfect.

I checked my phone for the time and to see if I had any text or calls from Veronica, Betty, Jughead, Cheryl, or the River-Vixens group chat once I was satisfied with my hair. It's now 5:25. I grabbed my makeup brushes, eyeshadow palettes and concealer to start my makeup.

I finished and got put on my Vixen socks and my white air-force 1s.

I grabbed my charger, keys, birth control pills, extra change of clothes, 2 panties, 2 bras, socks and my hygiene essentials along with my whole River-Vixen uniform and the accessories I picked out to wear with it, and put them in my Nike duffel bag. I shut off my lights and closed my door, jogging down the steps, checking the time, 5:40. My mom smiled proudly as my brother came behind me with his duffel bag, dressed in his Bulldog Football uniform.

"You two never fail to make your momma proud." She smiled and wiped a tear from her eye, snapping a few pictures of me and Brandon.

---

I went into the girls locker room at 5:50, I basically ran to the school. I unzipped my coat, taking it off, along with my clothes, swiftly changing into my RiverVixen uniform and adding the accessories to it.

(Her RiverVixen Uniform/No Scrunchies)

(The bow clipped into the front of her high ponytail)

I changed out of my pink & white air forces and swapped them out for my white cheer sneakers. (Shown in the picture with the RiverVixen uniform.) I rolled up my socks to my ankle and took a quick, cute selfie and headed to the field where I seen Archie and Jughead smiling together, which made me take in pride and smile. I knew they'd never quit on each other. Veronica came up to me and smiled.

"You look gorgeous, Bri Love."

"Thank you and likewise, Ronnie Baby." I returned the smile and hugged her, she hugged back.

Over the past couple of days, between all the drama and heartbreaks, me and Veronica got closer by the minute. Maybe Veronica Lodge wasn't so bad after all. After a minute or two, Cheryl jogged up to me, I totally forgot I was supposed to go up and rap the rap part of 'Candy Girl' with Cheryl and Josie & the Pussycats.

"You've got down the timing and lyrics, right Elle?"

"Uh, oh shit, yeah, yes of course I do Cherrybomb!" I said, totally confused at the beginning but then it clicked.

"Don't mess this up for me or my Vixens, Lawson!" Cheryl semi-yelled.

"Chill out, poison ivy, I won't." I stayed calm. Me, Veronica, Betty and Cheryl walked over to the RiverVixens and got into our places as Mayor McCoy came on the microphone.

"Now please, join me in welcoming to the field our very own River Vixens, and their special guest stars, my daughter, Josie and her Pussycats!" And, with that the pep rally had began.

"Hey, shawty You're my candy girl The kind with the swirls ♪|| ♪ Oh, so good Baby out of this world ♪||"

"♪ Looks so sweet Fell in love with your curves ♪ || ♪ Every time you speak Conversation like, sir ♪||"

"♪ S-U-G-A-R You ain't her ♪||" A group of Vixens carried Cheryl, while another group carried me.

"♪ Oh, honey, honey Put money on that girl ♪||" Me and Cheryl blew kisses to the crowd.

"♪ Let's keep it in her circle You everything I deserve ♪ ||♪ Baby wants her sugar I'm ready to get served ♪|| ♪ Sugar ♪|| ♪ Oh, honey, honey ♪ ||♪ You are my candy girl ♪ ||♪ And you got me wanting you ♪ ||♪ Ooh ♪||" Betty, Veronica and the remaining Vixens get in a line and swirl their hips while the two group of Vixens set me and Cheryl down to get in formation for Veronica's part.

"♪ I saw this girl I wanna know her name ♪ ♪ She's got this body It's driving me insane ♪ ♪ 'Cause I need a candy, girl ♪ ||♪ Her kisses rock my world ♪||" We get in two separate lines and do a weird twerk as Veronica came down in the middle and did her part.

Me and Cheryl grabbed microphones from Mayor McCoy and ran up the stage and started rapping, I looked at my mom proud as she recorded it and waited for my part.

'Candy Girl (Sugar Sugar)' [Rap]

C= Cheryl

B= Brielle

C - "Say mama won't you do me that favor. I really wanna taste ya. 36, 24, 36 flavor. Been around the globe in a laid back nature." The crowd was a little thrown back but stayed hyped, not knowing Cheryl could rap.

B - "Always on my mind shawty be my life savior. Sweet little thang, body insane. She's working that thang. Brown sugar be the name. Candy girl, come get rid of my pain, I think about you all the time. Shawty you should be my dame." 

The crowed roared of cheers, yells of praise to me, and love as I finished. My mom looked at me, stunned but proud, not knowing I could rap. She didn't know I could sing either, I never sang in front of anyone but my best friend back in Brooklyn.

"All right, you all ready? Let's make some noise! Put your hands together for the Riverdale Bulldogs!" I said into the mic, the crowd clapped and roared when Archie and the rest of our Football team ripped through the banner, I clapped along with them as I seen Cheryl freeze. I gave my mic to Josie and went over to Cheryl and looked in her direction.

Archie's jersey read '#9'. I think back to banners that hung in the Gym during the 'Back-to-school Semi Formal'. That's when it hit me. Archie is wearing Jason Blossom's jersey. Not only that, Archie has Ginger colored hair.

Oh shit. Cheryl must've had a flashback of Jason.

I looked over to no Cheryl.

"She just ran." Josie told me, pointing to a running Cheryl.

Damn she's fast as fuck.

But, I caught up to her and seen her sobbing in our locker room. I walked up to her and sat behind her, rubbing her back.

"Cheryl, what is it?" I asked her, but she just kept sobbing.

"Cherrybomb, what happened?" I asked again, waiting for answer, rubbing her back.

"Jason, he's gone." She said, in between sobs.

"I know, I know he is." I said, sighing but calm.

"No you don't. You don't understand." Cheryl spoke a little louder.

"Look, I know I can't understand your pain because Brandon is with me but-." I started but she interrupted.

"No, Brielle. Jason, h-he was supposed come back." Cheryl said a little lower, but it was enough for me to hear it.

"Supposed to come back?" I said lower than Cheryl to myself, still rubbing her back.

"I'm alone, I'm alone!" Cheryl broke down some more, and I just rubbed her back.

"You're not alone, it's okay. I'm right here." I said calmly, before she whipped around and hugged me, sinking into my chest and we stayed like that for about 10 more minutes.

------

Ever since that cheer practice when Betty and Veronica got into it, Betty has been ignoring my text and calls. Avoiding me in school. It's been 4 days since then, since the second day of Betty ignoring me, I dropped the situation. Betty is toxic, she was probably mad that I was talking to Veronica. But, just because Betty chose to be petty to Veronica doesn't mean I will, too. I chose to be the bigger person and talk things through with her. I left the locker room after Cheryl said she was fine and needed time to herself. I walked out to the field and texted my mom and Brandon in a family group chat that we had that I would be staying at Veronicas for the weekend. After I've done that, I walked up to Veronica and grabbed my duffle bag from her hand.

"Thanks, Doll." I smiled.

"Anytime, bestie." She returned the smile.

Just as we were about to leave, we heard someone call our names.

"Veronica, Brielle!" The voice shouted. We both gave each other a confused face then turned around. It was Betty, walking towards us.

"Hey." Betty greeted us in a soft voice, rubbing her arm.

"Hey." Me and Veronica said, giving the girl a sad smile.

"I, uh saw you and Cheryl. Not many girls would've done what you did." Betty said with a small smile.

"Yeah, well, I'm a RiverVixen and no matter how mean Cheryl can be, she's still a person and she's dealing with a lot right now." I said, sighing.

"If you guys aren't doing anything, do you guys wanna maybe go and get milkshakes at Pop's?" Betty asked shyly.

"Are you sure?" Veronica asked Betty, laughing.

"Yes." Betty said smiling and both girls looked at me for a response.

"What do you say, bestie?" Veronica asked smiling.

"Oh, Doll." I sighed, caressing her cheek and zipped up my Vixen jacket Cheryl gave me, with 'Brielle' on top left.

"How could I say to no that smile, and a Chocolate Milkshake from Riverdale's very own Pop's Chock Lit Shoppe?" I said with a smile.

----

Me and Veronica went to the Pembrooke and changed.

(Her outfit)

---

We arrived at Pop's and sat in a booth. I sat on the window side, next to Veronica and Betty sat on the opposite side of us.

"Here you go. Two double chocolate and one old-fashioned vanilla." Pop Tate said, placing our milkshakes down in front of us, and we all thanked him.

"Betty, Brielle.." Veronica spoke up.

"Hm?" I asked, sipping my milkshake, and Betty just looked up at Veronica.

"Can we make a vow?" Veronica asked.

"I'm all ears, Doll." I confirmed.

"Sure." Betty agreed.

"That no matter what, no boy nor disagreement, will ever come between us again." Veronica vowed.

"No matter what, no boy NOR disagreement, will ever come between us again." I vowed, placing my right hand over my heart and smiling, causing Betty and Veronica to laugh.

"Deal, B?" Veronica asked Betty.

"Deal." Betty smiled at me and Veronica. Then the bell jingled, and it revealed Archie Andrews, and Jughead Jones, standing by the half glass wall, looking at us.

"Do you guys want to join." Betty turned and asked them and Jughead smiled at Betty but at me for a minute and a smiled a strong smile.

"Yes, but only if you're treating." He said approaching our booth, as we all laughed.

"Veronica Lodge." Veronica greeted Jughead as he hopped over the booth behind us and sat in between me and Veronica.

"Jughead Jones, the third." He said. Archie and Jughead ordered milkshakes, as we sat and told funny life stories, and jokes throughout the rest of our time at Pop's.

'For one shining moment, we were just kids. Those bright neon lights of Pop's keeping the darkness at bay.'

---

(Her outfit)

I was sitting at a table with Cheryl and Veronica in Biology, when Sheriff Keller and Principal Weatherbee came to the door.

"You're here for me, aren't you?" Cheryl asked, standing up and me and Veronica looked at each other confused as shit.

"Because of the autopsy?" Cheryl continued.

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl." Principal Weatherbee informed Cheryl in a calm manner.

"They'll find out soon enough." Cheryl said, holding out her wrist like she was going to be handcuffed.

"Cherrybomb, what are you doing?" I asked scared, looking up at my friend.

Did she kill Jason, her twin, her brother? I thought back to her words the night of the Pep Rally.

[Flashback]

"No, Brielle. Jason, h-he was supposed come back."

[Flashback Over]

"Now, that won't be necessary." Sheriff Keller spoke up.

"Wait, Cheryl, find out out?" Veronica questioned Cheryl.

"That I'm guilty." Cheryl said, and with that she left with Sheriff Keller and Principal Weatherbee behind her. I turned to Veronica in shock.

'As shocking as those three words were, they were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during its autopsy. That Jason didn't die on July 4th, as we believed, but over a week later.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1M 434K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
3.6K 55 5
𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘵 ; 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺
9.8K 136 50
Grace Stone has been called up from NXT to the main roster, where she will join the women's tag team division. Her partner will be Zelina Vega, who i...
3.7K 154 30
𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑹𝑰𝑫 𝑯𝑨𝑹𝑳𝑶𝑾 is 21 years old and friends with Billie Eilish's girlfriend, what happens with they break up and Billie decides to start f...