Trust Me || Peter Parker

By TrueLouMoonlight

"You're going to have to trust me, Lyra, go home!" "And what? Leave you!?" ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ Peter Parker - Andrew... More

- Casts
- Part One
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
- Part Two
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
- The End

Chapter 20

3.9K 134 34
By TrueLouMoonlight

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬: 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀?

Lyra stood under the lights of New York city's local area. The cool breeze flushed through her, sending shivers up her spine. Lyra gently rubbed her arms together, hoping to cope with some body heat. She had been pretty stupid to not bring a coat out, it looked freezing from her bedroom window, yet there were more important things running through her brain.

Lyra, out of all the emotions she was feeling, was most of all scared. The last time they had an encounter, was when she cut it off, walking away, leaving both their hearts to silently grieve in the alleyway.

She occasionally, changed spots to stand at, trying to get out of pedestrians ways. Some guys would walk past her and smirk, causing Lyra to take in a huge breath and look directly away from them. She felt very uncomfortable, mostly keeping to herself as she occasionally tucked a strand of hair behind her eye, adverting her eyes to stare at her feet.

Her heart completely changed as she glanced up in front of her, making eye contact with the boy she loved. Peter parker gently stuttered towards the girl, failing to obtain the sweet smile to form upon his lips. Lyra let herself let out a small, goofy grin. Peter had both his hands tucked into his pockets, feeling the rush of cool air that rushed past him.

"Hey, Hi," Peter said as he now stood directly in front of her, there was this sort of tension flowing through the air, but Lyra ignored it and managed to nod her head at him.

"Hey, Bug boy." Lyra smiled back, as Peter let out a small chuckle, shaking his head slightly.

"You look amazing." He compliments, letting his eyes scan her body. He didn't notice the way Lyra cheeks flushed pink but seemed to pick up on her shaking hands. He then noticed she hadn't brought a coat and quickly shook his head, Peter shook the jacket off his body, he had worn a long sleeve t-shirt under anyway. He nudged her hands through his jacket, letting it sit comfortably on her.

"What- no, you'll be cold," Lyra said as Peter then stood back, admiring her from his stance.

"I'll be okay," Peter replied.

"I'm sorry for the sudden outreach." Lyra then apologised, shaking her head. "It was really out of the blue and-"

"No. No. No. I- I don't- out of the blue... is alright. You know." Peter awkwardly stuttered, cheeks tinting pink as Lyra stared at him, melting at his adorable gaze. He would always stutter around her, even when they started dating. And it was incredibly cute for Lyra to watch him get all flushed in front of her.

"Yeah well, I just figured it was time, You know," Lyra stated, shafting her body weight to her other leg. "Time that we try and be friends, at least. We both care about each other and just acting as if neither of us exists... It doesn't sit right. And it's probably unhealthy. And- Just- Sometimes I really miss you."

"Yeh," Peter says as he nods his head with a small smile, trying to hide the sadness in his voice. "Friends. That's- That's great. A good idea."

"It just doesn't want things to be- you know- complicated. You and I, I don't think we would want that." Lyra said with reasoning, her voice cracking slightly.

"Oh yeh, I was just saying that to someone. Complicated is a no go." Peter replies shaking his head, flashing her his cheeky grin.

"Just, keep it simple," Lyra adds.

"Okay, great, great. Yeh, yeh, yeh." Peter nods, starting to walk, nudging her to follow him in the process. "All right, well. I mean...If we're gonna be friends, I think we gotta establish some ground rules first."

"Ground rules? What are you, a business manager?" Lyra asks him with a small scoff.

"Hey, I'm doing us a favour. These ground rules are going to help us." Peter answered, making Lyra let out a small giggle. "Exactly like that!"

"Like what?" She asks.

"That laugh. You're laugh." Peter says, now pointing his finger at her lips.

"What!?" Lyra says in disbelief, sarcastically scoffing at the boy.

"It's off the table." Peter says, using his hands as an 'out' gesture making Lyra shake her head, sighing.

"My laugh can't be off the table!" Lyra answers a grin tugging on her lips. "Maybe you should stop making me laugh then."

"It's not my fault I'm the funniest person you know," Peter answers. "You've gotta figure out a more annoying laugh."

Lyra stares at him with raised eyebrows, yet he still gestures for her to try. Sighing, Lyra leaned forward a bit and attempted to snort out the most annoying and ugly laugh she could. Peter admired her the entire time and just smiled. "That's still adorable."

"No, it's not!" Lyra shook her head, letting out her real chuckle, making Peter pretend to faint backwards as if he just heard an angel singing. Lyra just nudged his shoulder making him let out a small laugh too.

"Fine then." Lyra stands her ground, turning her whole attention to Peter. "Well, then I have a ground rule to, Spidey."

"Alright, what is it?" Peter smirks.

"Don't tell me I look amazing, with your big brown doe eyes!" Lyra blushed as he just stared at her with a loving gaze.

"But you always look amazing!" Peter urged, his lips quirking up. Lyra just tilted her head to the side with a small smile. "And there's another."

"What now?" She asks, rolling her eyes.

"No more tilting your head right in front of me!" Peter answers. "You do it all the time and stare at me with those big innocent eyes, It's so cute."

Lyra laughs slightly, tilting her head to show him. Peter just shakes his head, letting his hands fall to her cheeks, and tilt her head back to its upright position.

"You're killing me. Your spitting this in my face, I'm out!" Peter says to her, a grin on his lips, as he starts walking forward and away from her.

"What! Come on." Lyra begs as she followers him slowly, Peter turns around to see her tilting her head with a small pout on her lips, his gaze softens.

"First we get ice cream, and then I'm out!" Peter says gesturing for her to follow him, she does with a goofy grin tugging at her lips.

Both Peter and Lyra made their way to an ice cream van, ordering their favourites in a cup. Lyra was about to pull out money when Peter already handed the man some. She looked at Peter with a fake annoyed look as he just shrugged at her, walking beside her as they made their way along the pathway next to the water.

"I've been hanging out with Gwen a lot recently, we have been out everywhere," Lyra tells him excitedly as she occasionally scoops a bit of bubblegum ice cream into her mouth. "Once after work, we went to this place and now we are both addicted to these Korean meatballs they sell!"

"Oh yeh." Peter nods.

"Have you been there?" Lyra asks curiously, tilting her head.

"No, no, no." He shakes his head, staring at her smiling.

"It's seriously mind-blowing!" Lyra shakes her head with a small sigh.

"That place on sixth? I know, you love it there." Peter says with a shrug, his eyebrows raised with a knowing expression, lifting his spoon to take another mouthful of his dessert.

"And how do you know that?" Lyra asks suspiciously, her voice in a teasing tone.

"Hm?" Peter asks unknowingly, continuing to eat.

"How do you know I love it there?" Lyra says, her voice softening into a barely audible one.

"Because... uh, you told me?" Peter answered now with a more questioning tone ten before, making his way over to a tree and leaning against it.

"It opened just last month," Lyra states, moving to stand directly in front of him, her gaze now inspecting his own as he let out a small, nervous laugh. "Have you been following me?"

Peter doesn't answer, just adverts his gaze away from hers and leans his head against the tree.

"I knew it, how often?" Lyra states.

"Just once a day." Peter shrugs staring deeply into her eyes, a small pause of silence rang over the two of them. "Sometimes more."

"Oh boy, why?" She asks the boy quickly wiping a small tear that then escapes her eyes, bringing his eyes back onto hers as he lets out a full-body sigh.

"Just to make sure you were safe and um..." Peter starts, trying hard not to stutter. "And because it's the closest I can get to still being with you." He answered, his gaze dropping to stare at his feet, before stepping closer to Lyra, her heart silently pounding in her chest. She let him hook a finger under her chin and bring her head directly in front of his, moving to rest his forehead to rest against, hers as they both close their eyes in contentment.

"I'm moving to London." Lyra finally whispers out.

"What?" Peter whispered back, moving his head slightly back in alarm.

"Yeh, I um..." She stuttered. "I'm up for a scholarship to Oxford. I've finally found out what I wanted to study, it's like this study of human sciences like the biological aspects of human life and all. There are a few spots left and it's between me and this girl from Miami, Florida and she's really smart. I don't know what I'll do but If they end up choosing me, it's a big step in my future career. And, you know. Yeh."

"Wow..." Peter muttered after a short pause.

"I thought about this and I'm excited. I've talked to my mum about it, she was extremely proud of me. Um, she is going to stay here in New York though so it's, it's a big thing for me. And I- I don't want to leave everyone I care about but you know..."

"That's uh... England." Peter sighs almost heartbroken before cutting himself off, glancing over his shoulder into the large town roads. His arms seemed to tense up as he takes in a death breathe.

"What is it?" Lyra asked the boy, continuing to stare at the scene unfolding. She was about to open her mouth to tell the boy to go when she already turned and realised he had already left in a hurry. Lyra shook her head before grabbing the clothes and backpack he left behind, slowly making her way over to check it out.

☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎

An:

This was meant to be out yesterday! So I apologise but it's a lot longer then my usual chapters so hopefully that makes up for it.

Tell me your funniest jokes! >>>>

- BlueLouMoonlight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 7.3K 24
࿐ྂ ༘֨𖦹 IN WHICH the world gets in the way of soulmates 𝖠𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝗐!𝖯𝖾𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗄𝖾𝗋 𝗑 𝖮𝖢 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲�...
30.2K 708 12
*sequel to 'Just Out of Reach'* 'how to deal with your boyfriend's girlfriend returning from the dead' was not in any girlfriend handbook y/n was eve...
426K 9.1K 87
The title just about says it all folk Requests closed! The cover was done by @Undermyskin ! You guys should go check out her account! Highest Ranki...
93.8K 3.1K 30
you can have my heart, any place, any time. tasm - tasm2. completed. © flurryfawns 2022