Reborn into The Promised Neve...

By -TODORONI-

"...𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥...". "𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥?" ... More

//Story information//
//Death...I thought?//
//An Announcement over Breakfast//
//Discovery & Acceptance//
//Plan Commence//
//Encounter//
//New Discovery//
//Unexpected Announcement//
//Commence Escape//
// Unregrettable Death//
//Familiar Unfamiliar surroundings//
//Death Sprint//
//Death sprint...2? //
//inhuman encounter//
//Chopsticks//
//Chopsticks Champion//
//Warm Embrace//
//Goodbyes//
//Old Man//
//Plan making//
//Departure//
//travels//
//haircut//
//Goldy Pond//
//Meeting Leuvis//
//Awkward//
//Minerva's Message//
//Hunch//
//Final Goldy Pond Battle--Part 1//
//Final Goldy Pond Battle- Pt 2//
//remembering the guide//
//The chapter that made the author(s) cry//
//encyclopedias all the way//
//phone-call //
//Cuvitidala//
//timeskip//
//draw//
//Escaping the Shelter//
//Guilt//
!!!Announcement//not an update LMAO!!!
//explanation and unease//
//hostage//
//lazy//
//scarf//
//Original Albino//
//A good person//
//bittersweet reunion//
//Rematch//
//To swear jar or not to swear jar//
//Cookie stash//
//Ray's plan//
//Thwack//
//Motive//
//From Another POV//
//Please don't make promises while zooted//
//Horseback riding//
//Royal Capital//
//Genocidal 4sshole//
//Norman's Burden//
//Sl3nd3rman b*tch//
//Sibling Spat//
//The hands of a psychopath//
//The hot woman // Perfect scores//
//Thanks, Mom/&/Sinner//
//Peter's resolve//
//Stay-at-home-dad//
//Relief//
//Promises//
//Empty promises//
//Lucky//
//Liar//
//Explanations//
//When pigs fly//
//Confrontation//
ANNOUNCEMENT & THANK-YOUS
//Playing Friends//
//Dreams//
//The Sleepover (1)//
//The Sleepover (2)//
//The Sleepover (3)//
//Special Gene//
//Desperation//
//Tracks//
//Out-of-our-minds//
//Stupid Pig//
//Rat Downfall//
//Raiders//
//Oops//
//Joe Mama//
//Escape//
//The woods//
//Cold//
//tensions//
//Choice//
//decisions//
//showoff//
//Resolution...or not?//
//Catch me if you can//
//Seven Walls//
//Time//
//Trust//
//Relieved//
//Realizations//
//The Wait//
//Talk/&/Sleep//
//Literature Projectiles//
//To Be Enough//
//Hot chocolate :(//
//Forward//
//Idiot...//
//Family/Home//
//One Dream//
//Scars - Epilogue//
Bonus art !!!!1!!

//Unease//

3K 185 442
By -TODORONI-

suppp bestieessss!!!

-----

Benny watched me leap up and pull myself into the vent with a groan. "What kind of legs do you HAVE??!"

I poked my head out over the edge. "What? Do you need me to climb back down and give you a boost?"

Benny paused. "...let's find out."

I leaned out the window and lowered a hand. Benny took a running start and jumped up, gripping onto it. I raised to my feet and grunted, heaving them into the small space, thankfully without yanking my arm out of its socket.

I started crawling quickly through the vent. "Is there a reason you're taking this route?" Benny asked from behind me. "friggin PRINCESS crawling through the most obscure entrance in the castle."

"I'm not–" I started, but relented, a little to tired to argue. "–force of habit." I huffed. "Didn't know before that most of the fellows here already knew I was human. ...Also, I'm supposed to be in bed right now."

"And... you're not?" 

I reached the end of the vent. "No shit." I jumped out and hit the floor, breaking my fall with a roll. Benny jumped out of the vent and landed beside me.

"You can come with me to my room." I turned to them. "If someone asks, I'll tell them you came to me after hearing about the bandit's plan."

"So... lie?" 

I blinked. "Um, yes...?"

Benny frowned. "Lying isn't good." they stated blatantly. "It will always cause more problems later on."

"Believe me, I know." I grumbled. "But you can't get everywhere just by telling the truth."

"Lying to people who care about you is never a good idea." the green-haired demon retorted.

I looked up to the ceiling. "And sometimes, maybe the people who care about you are the people you need to lie to most."

"God," Benny grumbled, "you sound just like Cozbi sometimes."

"Yeah, Cozbi." I chucked, but soon hesitated, chewing my lip. "But listen... rather than Cozbi, I need you to tell me about Aurelia."

-----

I awoke to a quiet knock on my door. "Y/N?" Mujika's voice called into my room. "Are you awake?"

I pressed my face against my pillow with an internal groan. And then I slid off of my bed, stepped on an arm, and fell to the floor. 

Benny didn't even stir. 

"Yeah, I'm– well, I'm awake now." I responded, walking over to the door, stepping on Benny a few more times in the process, and pulling it open. 

"Oh!" Mujika exclaimed, eyes trailing over my bedhead before landing on Benny. "...who's that?"'

"That's uh," I turned around to look at the demon, who was splayed on the ground snoring soundly with a blanket tangling their legs. "That's Benny. You met them before."

"Oh! The lively one." Mujika smiled. "when did they get here?"

"Benny came with me earlier. I asked them to wait into my room for me and catch some rest while I went to the conference room."

"Alright." Mujika nodded. "do you mind?" she gestured to my forehead.

"No," I hummed. Mujika raised a hand to my head and focused a moment.

"No fever." she smiled. "I'm glad."

I exited the room now, closing the door behind me. "I...er... Benny came to tell me about the bandit's plan, so I've got some new information. The current plan will need to be altered."

"I see." Mujika nodded grimly. "I'll lead you right to Sonju. The battalion captains are here right now, but not for long–"

I nodded. "in the conference room?"

"Yeah–"

I picked up the pace to a jog and made my way to the conference room. Once I arrived, I pushed open the doors and stepped inside. 

"Sonju!" I called. "I've got some information."

Sonju, along with all the captains, turned to look at me.

"Listen, the bandits are planning to attack from the Eastern gate late night tomorrow." I started.

Sonju walked over to me. "Where did you learn of this?"

"A little birdy told me." I grinned.

Sonju hummed drily, and I assumed he was raising an eyebrow under his mask. "You went yourself."

I coughed. "Maybe, but please don't tell Mujika." I chuckled nervously.

 "Anyway, lemmie at the map."

Sonju moved out of the way and I leaned over the map of the capital, splayed across the middle table. "They've got reinforcements. Perhaps 200 strong." I spoke quickly. "The main force is supposed to come from the eastern gate in about 42 hours along with the reinforcements.  An informant from the camp notified me."

"Then we should move all the soldiers to the east–" a captain started, before Sonju interrupted.

"Wait," Sonju raised a hand. " how trustworthy is the information?"

I quirked a smile. "See, that's where it gets complicated. I'm acting... totally on a whim here, but I think the bandit's plan might deviate."

Sonju frowned in thought. "Why?"

"I've... got a few reasons to believe so, but I'm not certain yet. Nevertheless, I think we should spread out the soldiers through the capital, just in case they change it." I rationed.

Sonju's frown deepened. "If you're wrong, and we draw soldiers away from where we need them, citizen lives will be put in danger."

I chewed my lip. "But if I'm right and we don't act on it, even more innocent lives will be put in danger. If they end up coming from the west gate or even the north or south, our rear end will be totally unprotected."

"Like you said, it's on a whim." Sonju repeated my words from earlier. "You're not even sure it will happen."

"Sonju, you of all people should know that I'm not usually wrong about these things, even when it's simple suspicion." I reasoned. "Plus, you know more about army tactics than I do, and I'm sure that–"

"If there's one thing I know about you, Y/N, it's that you overthink." my gut twisted. "Please, if you don't have any more valid information to add, leave the planning to me and go have breakfast with Mujika. I'm sure she'd love that."

My mouth clamped shut, and I tried not to scowl. "I pray for everyone's sake that you won't regret this." I muttered, briskly exiting the room.

As I closed the door behind me, I stared down at the floor in thought. A few minutes passed before a shadow fell over me, and I looked up to a familiar face. "Norris..." I whispered. A wave of guilt overcame me as I remembered my behaviour from last night.

The demon soldier nodded glumly. 

"I'm so sorry." I mumbled, reaching forward and pulling him into a hug.

"It's alright." Norris said weakly.

We stayed like that for a moment, grieving silently. And then, Norris pulled away. "Hey, hey," he hummed quietly. "Guess who got promoted to captain last night?"

I looked up to his toothy grin. "Really??" I exclaimed, the empty feeling edging away a little. "Congrats!" 

"Well, it was only to replace... you know." Norris chuckled awkwardly. "And... I know I can't do that, but... I want to...try. Even though... I'm not ready yet."

"You'll do great." I slapped his arm in a comforting way, wearing a bittersweet smile.

"Then," I muttered as my attitude turned sour, "I've got to go have breakfast."

I left Norris to the conference room and made my way to the dining room, where Mujika would likely be by now. I pulled own the doors open and walked in, glancing around.

Seated at the table was Benny, stuffing their face with pancakes. And, a few chairs away was Mujika, eating politely. 

"...how'd it go?" Benny asked through a mouthful of food.

I took a seat at a spot that already had breakfast ready for me. "Well, I mean, they trusted my information, but Sonju didn't trust my backup plan."

"What?" Mujika hummed. "that's... not like him."

"Yeah, tell that to the guy who just called me an overthinker and then dismissed me in front of everyone." I quipped.

"He did what?!" Mujika rose to her feet. "I'll go speak to him." 

"Just leave it. "I shook my head."Though I know you could put him in his place." I grinned. "But he was right, about one thing– I haven't eaten a meal with you in a while, and I think I'd like that." 

"Alright." Mujika smiled and sat back down. "Say, in the meantime, why don't you tell me about your trip?"

I nodded. "Sure. Where should I start...?"

-----

After spending the morning with Mujika, I spent the rest of the day resting and recovering, until nightfall came. Then I secretly made my way out of the castle again, travelling towards the bandit's camp to check on things.

I crept as close as I could get to the camp before scaling a tree and lying in wait. I kept an eye out for Aurelia and any unusual movements while I settled into position.

The bandits were preparing for battle– sharpening weapons, quietly going over plans, and feasting. Their attack tomorrow would be a suicide mission, and they were aware of that, so they were living their best lives now while they still could.

Though, it did strike me as odd– that they were feasting a near 24 hours before their actual attack.

Not to mention, there was still no sight of Aurelia. 

An unsettled feeling crept into my gut. Dammit. My suspicions may have been right. 

I needed to move closer.

I scaled down my tree and edged towards the camp, straining my ears until I could hear the nearest voices clear enough.

I was now a few feet from the closest fire's glow, moving towards a patch of underbrush. I soon froze and crouched beneath it, as the bandits' voices carried towards me.

"Man, it's been so long since we were under Zev, I forgot how controlling the bastard could be." one of them spoke with a low chuckle. 

"Right?" another one grumbled. "to change the plan last-minute on us without caring how we feel. Walking all the way to the west gate will take us hours!"

"No wonder we've got to depart so damned early."

"Not to mention, our time of attack" the bandit across the campfire said. "Broad daylight has never been how we do things."

"As if we needed it to be any more of a suicide mission."

"Where does he get that kind of nerve?"

"I heard it was 'cause of an informant!"

"What, the weird new member?"

I shifted closer while my stomach churned. 

I was right. 

"No, another outside informant."

"What, Zev's just goin' round trusting the word of just anyone?"

"No, 'pparrently it's the other–"

The speaking suddenly stopped.

"Hold on. I think there's..." The voice carried in my direction as there was a quiet shuffling of feet.

I gritted my teeth. Perhaps they head heard my sharp intake of breath, or perhaps it was just instinct, but they noticed me now– or suspected I was here.

There would be no more spying tonight. No matter, I already had the information I would need to compel Sonju to listen to me.

I quickly ducked away from the bushes and slid away from the campsite, narrowly avoiding getting caught.

I made my way back into the castle, moving quickly through the halls. Where would Sonju be?? I checked the conference room, only to find it empty. 

I was walking down the hall towards Sonju's room when my vision suddenly swam.

"What–" I stuttered as I tried to blink the dizzy out of my head. I propped myself up against the wall while my knees threatened to buckle underneath me.

Suddenly, I was falling.

And then nothing.

I opened my eyes to a blue sky, puffy white clouds drifting lazily across it. A dream...?

I was stumped for a sleep-hazed moment. And then I sat up when the familiar feeling settled in while I stared down at the floor underneath me- or rather, the endless pool of water that reflected the night sky.

It had been a while since I visited this place– how many months... three? four? But still, it was as nostalgic as ever. 

I looked around myself, but there was no sign of the pesky demon god. I rose to my feet and brushed off my pants. "Hello...?" I called out. "X? Are you playing pranks again?"

I sighed with a tight frown. "Listen, I need to–"

"Awhh, why such a rush?" X pouted, face suddenly hanging in front of mine as they sat upside-down. They drifted in a circle until they were upright again, peering into my face. "It's been a while since we've talked one-on-one, after all."

I pursed my lips. "I've got to get back soon. I need to warn Sonju that–"

"C'monn~ We haven't hung out in forever! Why not relax a little, hon?"

"X," I gritted my teeth, "people are going to die. A lot of them."

"They always do." the demon deity giggled. "that's how it goes."

"Senseless deaths never need to happen." I retorted.

"And since when do you care?" X hummed, floating until their feet touched the water, casting ripples across the surface.

"...what?"

"About their lives." the one grew until the small-child like form was replaced with one similarly aged to my own. 

"I thought it was strange," they hummed, pacing playfully in front of me. "when you put yourself between those bandits and that demon girl. That sort of empathy... is that really you? And say, all these demon citizens you speak of... what do they mean to you?" 

It took me a moment to recover from my shock. "They matter to Sonju and Mujika. That's why–"

"Really?" X hummed. "I suppose that makes sense. Man, I almost thought, that deep down inside..." a spiky-toothed grin spread over the demon's face. "that you were still trying to compare yourself to Emma."

My blood ran cold. "What?"

"How long ago did it start? You keep telling yourself you'll do things 'your way,' and yet, deep down inside, you always seem to revert to following the choices 'Emma would make.'" the deity giggled maliciously. "It's as if you're afraid. Afraid that you would mean nothing to them as yourself."

I opened my mouth to speak, but X wasn't done. 

"Say, you don't suppose you're reverting back this way because you're uncertain now?" the deity's already wide grin spread further. "I never did get you to tell me the truth, but you used to say something about 'seeing the future...' hey, could it be you can't see it anymore?"

X crept closer. "Is that why you're afraid to do something wrong?"

I gritted my teeth. "I'm– not afraid–"

"Denial is such a gift." X laughed. "Say, then," they leaned into my face with an unnerving, unfaltering gaze. "Why don't we test how stubborn you can be?"

The deity rocked back onto their heels, grin never faltering. "I'll make another promise with you, Y/N. Right here and now."

"...What?" my voice came out as a whisper, so quiet I could hardly hear it myself.

"Another promise! Here's the deal." X jabbed a finger into my collarbone. "You, Y/N, may go to the human world. Right now. You'll be put in some obscure place, of course, but you can make it there safely, with all of your memories intact."

"But," X's head tilted and they pointed their finger to the air and leaned back. "you will leave the demon world behind, and passage between worlds will be cut off. Permanently."

"So..." I murmured lowly, "I won't ever see Sonju, Mujika, or the others again?"

"Exactly!"

"And... I won't know how the battle goes?"

"But you'll be back in the human world with a chance of seeing the humans there." X furthered. "without needing to give away anything more. You just have to let things run their decided course."

"...So? What'll it be, Y/N?"

-----

hehehehehehe

Guess who knows who's currently in the demon world.

And guess who doesn't.

Sometimes I question whether I'm a genius or just totally batshit.

Or both.

ANYWAYSSS ILY GUYSS 😛😛‼️‼️

(Once again, that smiley face has no soul <3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1.1K 28
This is my very first fanfiction. It is about Klayley, Klaus Mikaelson Hayley has been living with the Mikealsons for a few weeks. What comes is in s...
237K 10.2K 39
[Second Book] This is a time before Shiori ever found her twin. A time where she was all alone and struggling to survive. She even stood at death's d...
727K 17.3K 32
lisa , who have been friends with jennie since they were kids secretly have a feelings for her. but little did she know that jennie already know abou...
613K 29.1K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...