π‘…π‘’π‘€π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘‘π‘‘π‘’π‘› - 𝐡𝑒𝑛𝑗...

By DWeber02

Her whole life, Dahlia "Lia" Day has been abandoned as a child, an orphan, adopted daughter, a sister, and a... More

π‘ƒπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘“π‘Žπ‘π‘’
π‘ƒπ‘™π‘Žπ‘¦π‘™π‘–π‘ π‘‘
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑂𝑛𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡π‘€π‘œ
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖π‘₯
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖π‘₯𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦-𝑂𝑛𝑒
πΈπ‘π‘™π‘–π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’
πΏπ‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘œ π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’

πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦-π‘‡π‘€π‘œ

58 5 9
By DWeber02

Benjamin's POV

All of my life I have been searching for something, and it's you. It's always been you. I'm madly and unconditionally in love with you... You, my love, are my rewritten. She's now my wife... I couldn't be happier than anything... She accepts who I am. My past, my present, and my future with her. My hauntings come to the stop until I met her and she become my wife forever. I look myself at the reflection, refreshing myself before the reception terror lies upon me and Lia.

The moment I come out of the restroom in the hallway in Julia's house, Patrick pushes me again the wall, holding something for me. In the most threatening, warning face, looking straight in my eyes. "I know you told my sister. If you tell Eimear, I swear I'll kill you."

Here we go again... threatening me for no purpose... I grab his so-call gift for me, and it was a note. The note that I'm not familiar with... As I open the note Patrick gave me, it gives me quite a shock. I know you're having an affair, Patrick. I look at Patrick in shock and he's still thinking that I'm involved in this. "Must be exhausting... Spending all this time fighting something that you're not."

Patrick scoff, "You don't know anything about me."

"Good son. Good brother, good father." I show the note for a reason for my next option, "Good husband..."

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up!!"

"Oi!!" I turn to the person approaching us. It's Leo, standing beside me. He examined our conversation by looking down at the note I'm still holding. "Brother... he didn't write this. I did. Now he knows now... as the same for the both of us."

Patrick looks down at his feet in guilt as I put the note in my suit pocket. "I- I can't lose my wife... my children."

I look at Patrick in honest and in promise, "And now you won't have to... as long you stay out of my way. For Lia's sake."

Patrick looks at Leo who still standing beside me, "I second him that... just get over it, mate. It's done." Patrick nods as he heads down to the stairs, ready for the reception to be with his family. Leo turns to me in sympathy and appreciation all in one. "Hey... I want to tell you and I really mean it. I'm sorry for the way I treated you...from everything. I was really concerned about my sister but after today. You're the perfect man for her. She's happy, and that makes me happy."

I nod to Leo, "Thank you... You shouldn't apologize and I understand you're a family to her... You love her. I appreciate that also."

"Bygones?"

I smile at Leo and offer my hand. "Bygones."

"Eh, get over here. We're family now." He pushes my hand away and pulls me over to him. Giving me the hug... he pats my back, twice for a buddy hug. He pulls away and offers me a soft smile and I return the gesture.

"Is it just me, or do I see my brother hugging with my husband?"

We turn to the voice, knowing who it is. While my jaw drops by her appearance... My wife is wearing a white two-piece blazer with a pantsuit. V neck showing her little cleavage, button-up as the sleeves of her blazer and pants are cut flare giving the view of her clear high heels and her wedding rings, and diamond stud earrings. Letting her hair down in wavy upon her shoulders. Dare I say she's the most beautiful woman who captures my eyes and my heart... every day.

She continues in shock and in humor still, "Appearly I'm in a bizarro world."

Leo walks to Lia, "WOW!! You're beautiful, sis..." She gives him her winning smile, he holds her hand and slowly walks away. "Well, I better head down and cheer for you guys. See ya!"

Lia walks over to me while I'm still speechless. She smiles and grabs my hands, "You ok?"

"Ye-yeah yeah... It just... you're so beautiful..."

Lia softly smiles, and kisses me passionately, "Thank you... Care to walk with me, Mr. Greene?"

"I would be honored, Mrs. Greene..."

Lia smile and she holds my hand as we walk down the stairs in Julia's house. The staircase is decorated with red roses and leaves, and lights surrounding the railing. The guests, we invited started to applause us. Mr. and Mrs. Greene coming down. Together.

Julia has done well with her home. There is a chandelier on the ceiling. There are sorts of same covering of red roses and leaves in every room. There are close friends and family than big guests in the home. I know Lia doesn't want to be big with her reception which I totally understand. Ever since she said to me about the pub. We start our hellos to the guests.

I met Emily, Della's life partner, who's with Della. I see why Lia is a shipper for them. I get to meet Lia's friend, Fred, who practically saves her outside of the orphanage from the wintery storm. Some of my workers are here, including Bianca and Zac. Lia's grandmother, Hazel, is here as well. Leo hugs me again as now in bygones, starting to belong in the family. I see Julia hugging Marsha who comes with her daughter, Cali, as she introduces her boyfriend, Nathan.

Marsha has gotten what she wants since our last conversation, her friendship with Julia again. That left me in wonder from Hazel and Marsha... Edward is not here, which I'm hoping for. I don't want him here, ruining our life together with his presence. He hurt Lia... and his family. I don't want the monster to invade our wedding along with the audience. Lia deserves to be happy with her family and friends, not the disaster provided.

Julia approaches me and warn me to do the speech. I have to give the speech according to the tradition. Well, this speech of mine is easier... that I have not been rehearsed. All I have to talk how much I love Lia... in front of the audience. The audience comes together, watching me hold the microphone as Lia is watching me present the speech as Leo is standing beside her.

"The first time I met Dahlia... it let me draw to her. I can't really explain that. Considering the fact we touch our hands by mistake in a quiet, knowledgeable place... I have feelings for her that I never felt that way before. I talk to myself to follow this young woman who speaks about simpler things so beautifully. I never realized by then she would change my life. As if for my life before...'

"For a long period of time in my life, I have been running away. From who I am, for what I've done. It haunted me... for a long time. By that moment with Dahlia, when we dance under the light post. Sunset. She's the one... She always has been by the short notice, I wanted to be there for her. In any way possible."

"As Dahlia said in her vows, she has been searching for something. I have been too. I found my Lizzie... who has bewitched me, body and soul. I know through our relationship; we don't make much sense... Our age gap; though our fifteen years of life have separated us... How we look like from each other; our race differences. My answer to all of those... nothing can make everything more irrelevant than love.'

Everyone in the room cheered from my last line. As I look at Lia getting tear up as well for mine, "Through our circumstances, we found our way for being there for each other. Protect. Love each other unconditionally. From now on as becoming friends, lovers, and married, Dahlia... Lia and I will have growth and compassion in the near future. We both had been rewriting our lives, looking forward to our turning page. Reading our turning page can be terrifying, but it is also can be the best thing that ever happens to me... That's how I know that despite everything, me and you... We're going to be okay, my love."

The audience in the room was awed by my speech, I didn't tell my speech to the guests, just to Lia. In response to that, she smiles in tears as she walks toward me. "I love you..." She shakes her head and pulls me to her. We kiss passionately, everything around us just stops and silence reflects... 

Until that moment, the people in the room applause us and Lia pulls away from the kiss. She wipes her tears and smiles lovingly at me, "I love you." I smile softly and I hand the mike to Julia who stood closer to me.

Awaiting for a moment... that moment we begin our dance as Mr. and Mrs. Greene. The audience spread out to make space for Lia and me. The lights dimmed as the warming spotlight lay upon us. As we're the only people in the room. The music begins playing which leads to our first dance together. The string quartet plays Clair de Lune...

Offering my hand to Lia, she smiles softly reminiscing our first dance. Sunset... light post... music playing. She takes my hand and I lead. There she is, my friend, my confidant, my wife,  my light... my rewritten. Gliding along to our steps filled with smiles, and laughter. Everything around dissolves, focusing on her... I put my head against her and close my eyes, living in the present with her, and now it all should be.

Time travels fast as I dance weirdly with my niece, Lottie, and my friends. Leo set up some dancing 70's and 80's hits playlists. As Queen appears, everyone comes crawling and dancing their grooves. Everything is now in place and no more drama. Like what I wanted since I talked to Lia, that everyone is accepting their position and being there for both of us. I see Lia dancing with Leo, smiling happily until Della interrupts their dance and whispers to Lia.

From Lia's reaction comes to worry and terror, she takes a short look at me and leaves with Della along with Leo. As I made a vow to myself, I come to her in any way possible as I'm willing to do. I inform Lottie that she should continue dancing with Bianca and Zac. I make my way following Lia through a crowded room.

I hear voices coming toward the direction of Julia's hallway by the front entrance. I hear voices of concern and warnings coming from my family along with Nathan. I hear the quiet voice of Nathan as I walk nearly to the entrance, "What do you think you're doing? You're not allowed here!" Emotions turn to anger and threaten as I see who's appearing, uninvited to Julia's home... Edward.

"Well, elder widow, I was invited if you must know!"

Walking to stand by with Lia in furiously and caution, "You need to leave right now!"

Edward's eyes are on me, trying to make a scene while the guests are dancing in a different room. "HOW RUDE!! I brought a present and everything."

"Whatever this is, let's just not, shall we?" Marsha tries to calm him down as she walks closer to me.

Edward's eyes are on Marsha and harshly point her out. "I wanna talk to Dahlia, not you."

"There it is!"

Marsha takes the offense and walks away, standing by Julia and Nathan. Hazel walks toward him as he rolls his eyes. "Don't embarrass yourself."

"You mean don't embarrass you, mother. Don't worry, I don't plan to."

Della infers to her father, "Please don't do this..."

Patrick comforts Hazel and warns Edward as he guides Hazel to step out of the scene. "You need to go, right now."

There is Edward, still standing, waiting to make a scene. His eyes look around the room, eight against one. Why he can't give up? Clearly, his own family doesn't really want him in their lives anymore... mostly Lia. "I don't want to put a dampener on things, but I thought you ought to know... Dahlia kissed me. At Christmas, she kissed me."

Ok... I'm done with this shit. I know for certain she didn't... he controlled over her. The images of young Lia getting abused to the blood from her lips recently come through me. I make a fist, wanting to punch him with rage... This isn't who I am... punching someone for no reason. But above all, the reason is Lia... my rewritten I want to protect. From him.

"Really? That's the best thing you can think of? Try for 10 years, touching everyone's lives for your satisfaction turns to loathe. You just wasted your life, now there is nothing you can do to get it back..." I feel a touch of my right hand from fist to holding in comfort. I turn to the person and it's Lia. We're in this together... my eyes soften to Lia's eyes letting me comfort her. Lia smiles softly at me and is ready to stand to herself to Edward. "For my family's sake and for now. I like for you to go..."

Edward's eyes are on Lia, hearing Lia's words. Now for what I witnessed from Lia. She's finally conjuring her past, her hauntings. It brings me joy to see her like this... for her own self. I turn to Edward to give him a warning for protecting her. "You heard her."

Edward points out horrified to everyone in the room, and mostly to Lia, "You can't take everything you longing for... Them! You're just an adopted orphan... I will not be disregarded.. by you!!"

"I just did..."

Lia turns to me, letting me know she's needed space. I nod to her, and I turn to Edward, glaring at him. Realizing that he lost. Lost his game. "Don't you walk away from me! Dahlia!"  I take a step to guard as she ignores him as makes her way out. Edward comes after her as Leo and Patrick pull him away as he shouts, "DAHLIA, I COMMAND YOU TO COME BACK HERE NOW, DAHLIA!!"

Patrick pulls his hands up to guard his sister's way as Leo pulls his father away. "Will you please just calm down, for God's sake, please."

Marsha walks toward Edward, grabbing something from his side pocket. Revealing the keys, the keys of her house, I bet. "I don't think we'll be needing these, do you?" She walks away from him.

This is it... it's happening. Everyone he touches is gone from his life. Patrick glares to Edward, "I'm not you... I'll never be you." He walks away from him. His eyes come towards me in sympathy. For everything he's done in the past has been forgotten. I nod to him as he walks past me, going to his family.

"I'm taking my children. All of my children. Far, far away from you." Julia glares at her ex-husband. Nathan guides Julia to walk away from him.

As it's Della's turn, she begins to walk away, but Edward grabs her arm to not let go of him. "Darling, I-" The voice interrupts and it relieved her life partner, Emily, coming to her. Della pulls her arm away from him and walks to Emily. The couple together walks away from him.

Edward turns to Leo who is frightened of him. Edward put on a smile and grab his young son in the family on his neck, trying to hug him. "Leo, the lion!" Edward realizes that Leo didn't smile back or give him a hug, he's given his last words to his father.

"My sister's right... you are a monster."

Leo pushes his hand away and walks away from him. As Edward realizes what's happening in Lia's words. Everything he touches is gone... I stand patiently in front of Edward, ready to throw this bastard out of Julia's house.

Edward's eyes are on me filled with tears, and I tilt my head. To give him one last time for a warning. "Time to go, I think."

Edward walks toward me, filling negative thoughts along with confusion and loss, "What do you want with her? What do you want with my Dahlia?"

"My Dahlia." I empathize with my words, comes with standing up for us against this man. The bastard who ruined my Dahlia's life for a decade. Now finally I come to terms with honesty and protection. But most of all, love. "I don't want anything from her. Other than to love her, to be there to her. Giving everything she's been longing for in her whole life... which clearly you didn't."

Edward looks away for a moment still in blood-eyes tears, "You don't know anything about us."

I come face-to-face with anger and holding together to not make a scene, "I know what you did to her... Leave her alone, you don't have any right to be close to her. You are not her father and you never were, you don't belong in her life." I grind my teeth to pull myself together as I warn again, "For the last time, you leave right now. If I see you in any close to my wife, I'll make sure to give you a decade worth that you never even saw it coming..."

Edward's eyes turn to frighten and insult, I ignore his reaction as I make my way to open the door to let him leave the house. He walks out and I shut the door. I watch him leave until he disappears into the darkness. I head toward the hallway near the reception. I see Julia guiding the guests out of her house... I don't know where Lia could be?

"Julia? What's going on?"

"Well, my daughter decided to close up the reception early due to some schedule they have and her nerves have been awake by the crowding."

I smile softly, remembering what she said to me about the pub. I'm a little nauseous with the crowd. I spread my goodbyes to Zac and Bianca as they depart from the house. I turn to Julia, who's still spreading goodbyes, "Julia? I want to thank you for everything... I mean bringing Lia into my life, and being there for her. For both of us."

"Benjamin, you're a part of my family now. I always support my family... Seeing Dahlia so happy is what I wished for since she left. You're a part of that happiness. Your welcome and thank you..." 

I nod silently and Nathan joins the conversation, "Not too happy, Benjamin. I need to get a chance to see her more." I smile little at his wit, "In case you're wondering... I drove your missis home. You guys need more time together for tonight..."

"Thank you, Nathan. Julia. Thank you."

I get in my car and drive home to Lia. Three hundred and thirty-six days we have been together. I never knew the moment when I first met her, she would change my life, make me smile, laugh, accept who I am, and mostly love... As I get out of the car, seeing our home in view. Our home reveals no light in the front meaning Lia's not really inside.

I walk to my right side of the house, seeing a little light from her office, giving a view of Lia sitting on the hammock under the tree. She is reading a letter, that I'm not familiar with. She takes off her high heels and looks up at the stars to her right. I walk quietly and ask her a simple question, "Pardon me, can you give me an insight?"

She turns to me as she smiles softly, "Of what?"

"A story..."

I walk to her as she thinks of her answer. She begins smiling as she proceeds her answer as I sit down next to her. "Well, there is a struggling writer who felt invisible through her life. No escape. No family who truly loves her. No ideas for her next story. Then she meets a charming, handsome man who happens to change her and her life. Through the journey, they shared together, they have found what they're searching for their whole lives. But above all of that, they continue to love each other indefinitely."

"That sounds... incredible."

"It is... it truly is."

I grab her hand in comfort and give a soft smile to Lia, "He's gone. Forever. I made sure of it."

"Good." I look down at what she's holding, and I read My Dearest Lizzie at the top of the page. Lia realizes my questionable look from my eyes to a letter. "It's a letter from my mom before she died... She said some things I want to hear from her, and I never realize that she was heartbroken when she left me. Only to protect me... It left me wondering, what would happen if she didn't?"

"Well, you would never meet your true family. Nathan included. You won't have the freedom to become what you want to be in your life. The passion of writing. Without Ted, I mean... you wouldn't get inspired to write your first novel. After that, you wouldn't meet me..."

"Yeah, that's the breaking point for sure." We laugh together, and she grabs my hand with both hands. Lia gives me her soft smile, and I caress her hair behind her ear. She closes her eyes feeling my touch and opens her eyes to me. I kiss her softly, and she grabs my cheek for more. More passionate and more caress. She pulls away from the kiss, giving me a clear view of her beautiful brown eyes with bronze and little silver sparkle. "Let's go inside..."

Nodding my head, I begin to stand up from the seat and offer my hand to her to help her up from the hammock. I grab her shoes aside by me, we begin to walk together. I twirl her as we walk along and she begins to laugh. Brings a smile to my face as I pull her to let my arm around her waist as we continue walking inside together.

Dawn arises. Birds chirping. Cloudy mists. Leaves scattering outside. The silence awakes upon no neighborhood. The sound I'm hearing close to me is Lia's breathing. Peacefully sleeping. I open my eyes to look at her sleeping in peace. She's still in her suit as well. I am without my suit blazer and tie. I turn to her, laying aide on the bed as I'm beaming at her.

How did I get so lucky? You're everything I want for my whole life... You're everything to me, Lia... The love of my life, my destiny, my unconditional love, my turning page... Thank you, Lia, for giving me an insight when we first met. An insight that we belong together. Forever.

Lia slowly opens her eyes and begins to smile. My eyes draw on her as I caress her cheek with my index finger. She moves closer to me, keeping her eyes on mine. I move closer to her, letting our lips consume together. Passionately. Happy. Simple turns beautiful. She pulls away from the kiss and grabs my hand with her left hand. We begin to slowly close our eyes as we hold on to each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Ophiuchus By rainshine03

General Fiction

6.1K 370 19
Matthew and Camille, Camille and Matthew. That's how things have always been. Despite living with an abusive father and an emotionally unstable and a...
126K 3.7K 37
My name is Brooklyn Robert. I'm 17, head cheerleader since my freshman year, I have fair grades and people always compliment me on my looks even thou...
57.8K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
25.8K 815 32
COMPLETEβœ”οΈ "I'm wondering how many years you still have to be here. You've already been here quite a while Gather. Such a shame for a pretty girl lik...