Till Our Souls Wilt (Age Gap)

Von GeneralizedBond

BOOK 2 The way his breath fanned my cheeks, how big his hand felt around my wrists, how easy it would be to l... Mehr

Till Our Souls Wilt
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 33

13.4K 410 218
Von GeneralizedBond

Chapter 33

~We have two more chapters after this one! I will be posting them together when they're finished because making you wait for that last chapter would be torture.~

Althea's POV

"Arms up Thea!" Cain hounded as Levi came directly for my neck. I scuffed and hesitated before blocking him. Cain screamed at me the hardest of our two combat trainers. It irritated me but in some way drove me to push through my exhaustion, I blamed it on the rage I felt every time his voice seared my ears.

Levi wasn't as good of a fighter as me, but he was quick and calculated 100% of the time. He truly listened to the trainers, and had the endurance to never fall slow when exhaustion coursed through him. Everyone had their strengths and weaknesses here.

The past couple of weeks have been exhausting, I felt like I was constantly behind on sleep. Weekends were independent training days, but Brais never let me sleep in. He woke me at five for a run to the cliffs and back. It always took most the morning but only because he would sit in silence once we got there, enjoying the cold sea breeze while I complained about my fatigue. It wasn't until the sun would rise and glimmer it's rays through the sporadic clouds, lighting the sea, that I would finally feel the run was worth it.

I had a feeling Brais took these runs alone the first four summers he spent here. I suspected he took me with him out of fear of what might become me if I were to be alone in that camp for even a minute. He was dramatic, he and I both knew I could easily defend myself, yet he refused to believe that in his core. So instead I stayed a delicate flower that he dragged to the cliffs each Saturday and Sunday morning.

Some days I ate with Brais and his close friends, but others I would sit alone. Sometimes socializing felt too difficult on days Arlo would invade my mind. I've learned how to feel his emotions from this far away. He was a calm person most the time, but sometimes a small amount of rage would seep into me from him. I would always wonder what got him upset, then I'd remember that Jake is still staying with him. So Arlo's rage usually brought a smile to my face, picturing Jake say or do something that he knows would piss off Arlo made me feel closer to home.

"Good match." Levi smiled up at me, his dirty blonde hair was matted and sweaty. My hand was placed firmly on his chest when I pinned him. I nodded and helped him up.

"You're the only one here that can wear me out that quickly." I complimented through my panting. He chuckled.

"Well it's obviously not enough, you still pinned me." He nudged me before we hopped down from the stage. I was glad there was someone other than Brais that didn't look at me like I was a piece of meat. Levi had a lot of little sisters, and I'm assuming that's where his caring demeanor came from.

"Thea, you're working footwork and blocking tomorrow. Levi, you need to get out of your head, fighting isn't a math test." Cain informed us. I rolled my eyes at his grouchy tone and grabbed my sweater, heading back for lunch.

"The advice he gives me isn't helpful at all." Levi admitted once we made it to the woods. I chuckled. Cain was an asshole but he wasn't wrong. Levi was extremely calculated, there was a name for every move he made, he didn't lift a foot without intention.

"I think he means to say, let loose. Fight me with your body, not your head." I grinned up at him and knocked my knuckles on his skull. He laughed and gazed down at me with the purest smile.

"You've become really comfortable here." He stopped his walking. I halted too.

"Thanks to you and Brais." I finally looked over again, this time seeing that same intention in his eyes. He was bottled in his head as if he were thinking something through. I saw his gaze land on Arlo's mark. He opened his mouth to say something but our moment of intimate silence was abruptly interrupted.

"Come on. You need to be quick little Alpha. Our endurance has thinned your skin." Brais walked through Levi and I, taking my arm in his hand and dragging me.

"My skin has thinned?" I retorted angrily.

"Means you're getting too skinny." Levi piped from behind us. I pried Brais' fingers from me before he finally let me go.

"There's never enough meat for everyone. You should always make sure you're in the font of the line." Brais kept his gaze forward. I glanced back to Levi and made a face at Brais' stern behavior. Levi had a silent chuckle.

Brais wasn't lying, he piled two servings of meat to my plate for lunch and dinner. Making sure I was walking alongside him before and after each training session.

"You're acting weird." I finally told him when he came out of the bathroom, I was making my bed. He scuffed and slid his bag under the bed, that was his extent of cleaning. The women in his pack really must do everything. It was Friday and some of Brais' friends were coming over to hang out. It was the first social gathering Brais agreed on. I was shocked to hear that summers before me, Brais would always hang out on weekend nights. Apparently he's been boring this summer...

"How am I being weird?" He finally asked.

"You talk to me like I'm your daughter or kid sister. And you grab me up like I'm some dog." I admitted. It only coerced a laugh out of him.

"Well can you at least go back to treating me like a friend again? It's embarrassing when
You act like that in front of the boys." I confided, realizing he's only acting like that when I'm in front of the boys.

"As long as you promise to stop leading Levi on." He snapped. I jolted up and turned to him seated on the couch scowling.

"I don't do that!" I defended. He chuckled and shook his head.

"He's just a nice boy, and he doesn't make me feel gross like the others..." I added. Brais' gaze deepened.

"Levi isn't a boy, he's a 23 year old man. And he has a crush. So stop fluttering your lashes at him." He growled. There was a knock at the door. My heart dropped. They were here, and they probably heard every word that came out of Brais' mouth. He scuffed in amusement and remained in his seat. I scuffed back and opened the door. Levi stood there, awkwardly smiling down at me. I stepped aside and let them in.

No one said anything about what they heard, I'm sure for the sake of Levi's dignity. They all cumulatively cherished Levi's sweet good nature, even the boys that throw me winks and sexually gestures.

I sat on my bed and watched them play cards and share a bottle of whiskey, most of them ignoring me completely. Levi was card-less for the second time, but instead of watching the rest of the game he grabbed the bottle and stood, walking over to me on my bed. He sat next to me, leaning his back against the wall. I smiled when he handed me the bottle. Brais' eyes were glancing in our direction as I took a pull. The boys seemed too busy with their own tasks and loud voices to notice us.

"I'm sorry about earlier." I whispered. He pursed his lips and shook it off.

"Don't be." He took the bottle from me and chugged like his life depended on it; as if washing down his words with the bitter liquid. He hissed at the taste and chuckled softly. Brais was focused on his game but I could tell he was listening in.

"The whole thing sounds very much like me." He laughed. I perked a brow waiting for him to elaborate.

"Crushing on a girl with a mate. I think my wolf likes to torture me." He peered over at me, curious about my reaction to his confession. My face remained stoic. If Arlo were here he would have beaten the poor boys face in for such words. His eyes darted down to my lips, but it wasn't out of lust. He looked at my mouth curiously, as if he'd never felt a girls kiss before.

"Thea come here, lemme teach you the game." Brais hollered at me, aware of Levi's infatuation and how the long leer may have had me feeling sorry for him... I nodded and threw Levi a soft smile before making my way to the table.

Brais had me glued to the seat next to him, ensuring I was always busy with his conversation so things would never drift back to Levi. Tonight I was thankful for his overbearing behavior.

"I didn't realize with Levi..." I finally told Brais once everyone was gone and we were tucked into our beds. He stayed quiet.

"I wouldn't have latched onto him as a friend if I did..." I spoke again. It felt like I had done something wrong, like I betrayed Arlo in some way.

"I know." Brais finally answered.

"He'll get over it. He's getting his emotions mixed up." He elaborated. I wondered what he meant by that but was too tired to ask. I sniffed my bunny several times before I could
finally relax enough to turn off my mind.

'I love you Arlo.' I tried sending my whisper through our link, it was no use but somehow still brought me comfort.

~~~~

Arlo's POV

"I just don't understand why he wants to step back so quickly." Ellis spoke while she scrambled through the office. I kept my thoughts to myself about Samuels stepping down as Alpha. I was just glad she called me for help at all. She seemed to be getting over the fact that I was her daughters mate. At least enough to ask for help.

"I think it's good. You guys can have more family time. Thea can handle the responsibility, she's ready for it." I encouraged. Ellis sighed and jumped when the phone rang. I calmed her and answered.

"Vidar residence."

"Beta Henson." A familiar voice spoke. I straightened.

"Mateo." I greeted. Ellis held her hand out hearing his name. She was eager to hear about Theas progress.

"I'm calling for Theas first analysis. Is Luna Vidar around? She's been hounding me with emails for a call." He chuckled. I turned the home phone to speaker. Ellis gave me a small snide glance seeing as I didn't just hand her the phone. But I was curious about my mates progress too.

"You're on speaker." I told him.

"Luna Vidar, glad to finally get in contact with you." He beamed through the phone. But I could hear the annoyance in his tone. Ellis wasn't like most lycan mothers. And I'm sure Mateo noticed it by now.

"How is Althea?" She asked instead of greeting him in return. I couldn't help the small chuckle. I too was eager for an update on my little mate.

"She's great. She exceeds standards in ability, her combat skill surpasses most first years. I believe she's on track to be a great leader." He soothed Ellis' fears. She worried Thea was getting torn to shreds everyday.

"Are the boys being nice to her?" Ellis asked absentmindedly. I resisted the urge to throw a palm over my face. Not something you ask a head trainer... he surprisingly laughed.

"Yes, she's found a group of fifth years that seem to have taken her under their wing." He assured her. Though it brought relief to Ellis, it did the opposite for me.

"Who?" I asked sternly. Elle shot a look up at me as if to say 'don't hinder my daughters growth'.

"Like I said Beta Henson. A group of fifth years." He deadpanned. He wasn't giving names, and I couldn't blame him. It would only add to the fire in my wolfs heart. I clenched a jaw as he continued talking with Ellis about a possible family visit mid summer. He was redundant about saying 'family only' I'm sure that meant he'd prefer I not come. But he was an idiot if he thought I wouldn't.

"Sounds like she's doing well." Elle chimed when Mateo hung up. I nodded and avoided any further conversation about Thea. It was driving me mad being away from her for so long.

~~~~

"Where are you going?" I asked when I returned home to see Jake packing his things. He growled in return and brushed past me, throwing his things into the back of a rental.

"Tallulah is being an inconsiderate brat about my charitable assistance. Apparently my men can't handle the rabid Halfling. I'm going down there myself..." He ranted. I raised a brow at his determination to keep his word with Thea.

"Sounds like she got under your skin." I chuckled. He threw his last bag into the car and sighed.

"I'm not sitting back and allowing a hormonal halfdemon teenager call me a-" He lifted his fingers for air quotes. "Stage five stalker dog, over the phone while she leaves a trail of my men's unconscious bodies across the states. She's an ungrateful brat." He spat in one breath. I bit my tongue. My laughter would only further rage him.

"Sure you aren't hyper fixating because Rachel is still refusing to speak with you?" I pointed out the obvious. He only growled in return. He refused to talk about Rachel. But I knew her distance hurt him.

~~~~

I quickly found that Jakes presence in the house was something I enjoyed, my own little distraction from Theas absence. I left work early to find some peace in the rest of my day, but it was a mistake. Being alone wasn't peaceful at all. I was on edge a lot today, even snapped at a few workers in the building. Something about today felt intense, like my wolf wanted to tear through my skin.

I decided on take out again, I was mid meal in my silent dining space when I felt a searing stab through my temples. My wolf howled and gnawed at my eardrums, before an overwhelming heat broke my skin into a sweat. It felt so real, but the pain wasn't mine. It was my mates. She was in pain. Hot searing pain. I scrambled from my seat, fear laying deep in my gut. The sun was setting but the moon was already out and shining in its whole glory.

"Fuck." I breathed.

It was full.

~~~~

Althea's POV

"You suck. Plain and simple." Brais mocked one of his friends. It was an independent training day and we were taking advantage of the empty field before dinner. A lot of the boys needed to practice footing and balance. I was perched on one of the stages, Brais sitting in the grass below me, while we watched members of our group attempt handstands. This definitely isn't what the trainers meant when they told them to work on balance. But it was fun watching them fail at something as simple as a handstand.

"It's harder than it looks." Levi laughed after one of the other boys pushed him down before he could get a hang of it.

"Disappointment to Alphas everywhere, all of you." Brais taunted before standing to show them a perfect handstand. I chuckled when one of them tackled him to the ground for being a show off. These boys acted like children when no one was watching. My chuckle sobered when I felt my stomach turn. I held my abdomen until the pain faded. It felt like hot hunger barreling through my gut.

"You okay?" Levi asked, making his way to me before picking up his water bottle. I nodded and smiled, ignoring the fading ache.

"Yeah, I'm just getting hungry." I responded. He checked his watch and turned to yell at the boys about the time. They took meal times very seriously. I hopped down from my seat, following them back to camp. I trailed behind the group. My body felt weak and exhausted, which was odd seeing as Brais canceled our run this morning. I got to sleep in, and didn't do much but watch the guys mess around all day.

"Look at that sunset." One of the boys looked up, the sky was deep pink, so rich with warmth. It was one of the evenings we could actually see it, the cloud covering was light today. While they admired the colors, my gaze caught sight of something else. The moon. It was full, waiting patiently for its turn to shine.

My gut turned again. Not from pain, but from realization. From doubt and fear that that pain back at the field might very well be the beginning of a long brutal night. No. That would be crazy. I did everything I was suppose to. Arlo marked me, I marked him. And we consummated those marks over and over again. This wasn't heat. This was mere hunger, or gas.

We were late to dinner, Brais was visibly upset about it. Most men were filing out just as we sat down to feast.

"We're all going on a run tonight, you two home bodies should come." One of the boys spoke up, glancing between Brais and I.

"We're gonna stay back, but thanks." Brais answered for me. The way he protected and cared for women was admiring, but If I were to be the mate of that kind of love, I'd feel trapped, scratch that, caged.

"Moons full, sky is clear. It'll be fun." Levi tried convincing Brais.

"Thea and I have an early run. We had enough fun last night." Brais answered, referring to our playing cards and rationing a bottle of whiskey.

"Do you wanna come? I can get you back in time for your seven hours of sleep." Levi asked me directly. I swallowed my food, ready to decline. I didn't want to spend any alone time with Levi, his crush has since made me feel like our friendship was tainted.

"I said no Levi." Brais put his fork down and raised his gaze toward him pointedly. My heart raced from the intensity at the table. Levi remained quiet, but didn't flinch away from Brais' scowl. I should have been used to the constant Alphas butting heads around me, yet my heart raced faster. It took me a second to realize that the tense table wasn't the cause of my fluttering heart.

My skin pricked as every hair on my body rose. The hammer in my chest was deafening. I grabbed the table, feeling the heat from my heart drop low into my core.

"Fuck." I gasped, as the flame burned my insides, moving through my limbs. My eyes were clenched tight. I could barley hear the world around me. No no no, this can't be happening. I screamed at my wolf as a sheen of sweat coated my skin.

I opened my eyes once I found a small ounce of relief from the rolling heat. The whole dining hall was silent. My knuckles were white as they clasped the table. I felt my wolf whine and buck beneath my skull, calling desperately for Arlo.

There was a cool touch to my skin, beside me Levi was fixated on my skin, any exposed skin he could latch his gaze to. He grazed the backs of his knuckles over my arm. It wasn't until he met my gaze with his wolfs glowing orbs that I saw him quickly leaning into me.

In a flash, I saw Cain at his side, grabbing Levi by the neck and slamming him into the ground. His wolf fought Cain's hold. Before I could react, Brais aggressively lifted me from the table, my feet barley touched the ground as he held me close, tucking my scent into him as he ran us out of the dining hall.

He didn't let me go until we were inside our cabin. I tripped when he finally released me to turn and lock the door, my heart raced incessantly as he dragged his bunk in front of the door.

I tried unbearably to catch my breath as he turned, his eyes glowing while his wolf surfaced. For a moment I questioned Brais' intentions for locking us inside.

"You lied." He growled. I scooted away from him before scrambling to my feet.

"I didn't lie." I spoke honestly. Before he could respond there was a banging at the door. I jumped out of fear. Brais' words from weeks ago echoed in my mind.

'They will hunt you down like prey.'  

"I'm setting a curfew. All men will stay in their cabins. Mated trainers will be out all night on watch. Are you safe in there?" Mateo asked through the door.

"Yes." He responded to his uncle in a stern tone. I was confused as to why he was asking about his nephews safety and not my own.

"I can take you out Brais. She can handle her heat alone." Mateo spoke up again.

"I said yes." Brais snapped. As soon as Mateo left my heat came barreling through my body once more. I crouched and held my stomach in pain. Sweat licking at the back of my neck.

Brais lifted me from the floor, pulling me into the bathroom. His eyes flickered as he leaned over the shower, turning the water to the coldest setting.

"They'll bring ice. Get under the cold water for now." He demanded. My nails were digging holes into the heel of my palms. I was frozen in pain. My muscles stiff and rigid.

"I need to call Arlo." I whispered before he could leave. He nodded in understanding.

"My uncle is doing just that." He assured. I was relieved to hear Brais and not his wolf. He left me in the bathroom to get undressed and into the cold water.

I coiled myself on the shower floor and bit my tongue through the pain. Each wave of heat was becoming more and more intense. I couldn't tell if I was crying or not, I kept my flush cheeks under the icy droplets.

My heat dropped lower, I could feel my insides pulsing. I glanced down before reluctantly running a hand between my thighs.

"Oh my god." I breathed before snatching my hand back. I was wet and sensitive beyond belief. My wolf cried and whined as I found another pocket of relief from the burn. The urge to please myself crossed my mind. I wondered if it would seize the pain just a little, until Arlo could get to me. I didn't know what more I needed to soothe the heat, but I knew I needed him.

"Thea?" I heard my name but it wasn't from Brais. I stood on my wobbly legs, turning the water off. I immediately regretted it once I felt the burn pricking my skin.

"I brought ice and water. You need to hydrate." Cain spoke through the door. I quickly grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my body and struggling to get out of the shower. My limbs weren't working properly.

"Why are you here?" I snapped, leaning over the counter to fight off the urge to cry. I clenched my fists as my knees buckled. A cry escaped my lungs as fell to the floor, taking on one of the worst waves of heat yet. The door flew open, the wind from the door cooling my skin for only a brief moment.

"Grab a bag." Cain ordered Brais. I was a panting mess on the floor, only focusing on making sure my towel remained shut. Brais came in with two gallon size bags of ice. Cain waisted no time pressing one to my chest, while laying the other over my thighs. I finally caught sight of his glowing eyes. His wolf was surfaced, but it didn't stray him in his task to help me.

"I don't want you here." I rasped. He looked up at me as I hugged the bag of ice to my chest. It was helping. As much as I hated to admit it.

"I can control myself Thea." He defended. I managed a glare.

"That's not what you told me back home." I sneered. Looking up I saw Brais gazing down at me with a pathetic look on his face. I was sopping wet, my hair clung to my skin as I breathed through my mouth, preparing for another wave of heat. My toes curled as my nails once again dug into my palms. I could feel my face scrunch in pain.

"Fuck me!" I cried as I pulled my knees to my chest. There was no escape, I was stuck inside my skin, feeling every burn my wolf caused me.

"Careful what you ask for." Cain tried joking to lighten the mood. I didn't find it the least bit funny. Brais leaned down, placing a hand on my knee. I opened my eyes and clutched the ice tighter. His eyes were his normal soft brown.

"Arlo hopped on a plane right as you went into heat. He should be here in three and a half hours tops. Can you stick it out till then?" He asked comfortingly. It was a soft side of him I haven't yet seen. I nodded and placed my hand over his. It was a mistake. My wolf was painfully craving release that any kind of touch set my core into a frenzy.

He immediately sensed my arousal, his brown eyes disappeared as his grip tightened around my knee. Cain quickly removed his hand.

"And that's why I don't trust you alone with her." He spat. Brais growled.

"You were supposed to leave after grabbing ice. Your wolf fancied her even before her heat. If anyone shouldn't be here, it's you." Brais stood to look down on Cain. He ignored the high and mighty stare, instead grabbing me to lift me to my feet.

I was about to fight his touch but another ball of heat formed in my belly. I whimpered, unable to form a cry from my fatigue. 3 hours felt too far away, I wanted him now. I needed him now. Cain sat me on the bed, I was still and silent as I clenched my jaw through the last of this wave of heat.

Before I could react Brais was pulling one of his large shirts over my head, I obliged his action and put my arms through the sleeves. As soon as he pulled it down over my towel, Cain grabbed for the towel to pull it off of me. I was in a strange predicament. I clutched the towel and looked up at him, managing a glare.

"I don't want you helping me." I breathed. He tugged the towel in response and I quickly pulled the shirt down my exposed legs.

"I told you. I can control myself. Brais here is teetering on the edge, and no mated guard wants to step foot in here." He snapped. I looked up to see Brais' flickering orbs as he eyed my thighs. I scooted away from them both, grabbing my ice and laying to my side, clutching the cold bag like it was a life line.

"I don't understand what else I need to do." I whispered. Brais distanced himself from me, but Cain took a seat by my feet. I tugged the large shirt down again, ensuring I was hidden from his stare.

"You had sex with Arlo?" He asked. As much as I hated to share my business with him I nodded. My fatigue didn't have the strength to fight him any longer.

"He released himself inside you?" He asked that vulgar question with zero hesitation. I remained silent. No, he didn't... Cain could see the answer on my face.

"Stupid girl." He murmured. I furrowed my brows.

"I'd rather take my chances with Brais here alone than take your insults." I snapped, the fit of rage giving me the strength I yearned for.

"They must not have taught her because she's female. It's different for females." Brais tried defending.

"No, it's because she was raised by a human. If her father were alive I'm sure the common knowledge would be there." Cain spat before standing. I clenched my teeth at his cruel words.

"Alphas can't just have sex to complete the bond Thea. They have to cum inside. The need to conceive has to be the objective, not just the act of intercourse." Cain explained. I wasn't aware of that rule. I wondered if Arlo was aware of it...

"I'm assuming since you're a female Alpha, your mate needs to cum inside you." He elaborated. I closed my eyes tight as the heat came back to my core. I clenched my thighs and fisted the pillow. Arlo just needed to cum inside. I could do that. I've been drinking my tea, we'd be safe. He just needs to get here.

I could feel my slick arousal between my thighs at the thought of Arlo inside me again. I grabbed the end of my shirt and pulled it down, if only to slightly conserve my obvious aroused state.

"She needs more ice." Brais stepped forward, Cain stepped in front of him, eyeing his wolfs glowing eyes.

"I think you're creating excuses to be closer to her. Think rationally Brais." He threatened in a deep tone. Brais glanced to my full bag of ice and retreated to the couch, distancing himself from me. I watched as he took a seat, his leg shaking in the midst of his anxiety.

Time moved slowly. Any moment I wasn't in agonizing pain I'd hear the guards pacing the cabin outside. Brais tried reading but I never saw him turn a page. He was only staring at the words pretending my heat didn't gnaw at him. I was going to tell him it was okay for him to leave, but I didn't want to be alone with Cain.

Yet Cain seemed completely in control, refilling my ice, forcing me to drink water, wiping the sweat from my face. I stopped fighting him. I was useless when it came to helping myself. My trembling body could only lay there and pretend I was anywhere but here.

Cain sat down at my side, eyeing me like he enjoyed seeing me so vulnerable. It gave his ego all kinds of control. I kept my stare forward, reaching under my pillow for my bunny. I didn't care how pathetic the act was. Arlo's scent cooled my skin, but it heated my core. I was incredibly wet just from his mere smell. Cain picked up a clean rag and went to lift my shirt. I jerked away from him.

"Don't." I growled. He rolled his eyes.

"You're making a mess Thea, and the smell is driving Brais insane over there." He turned his head to see Brais shaking his knee vigorously. Brais only scowled in return.

"Besides, it's nothing I haven't seen, smelt, tasted, or felt." Cain grinned knowing his words were driving Brais mad. I refused to let him clean me, and I refused to clean myself in front of him. I debated the idea of putting myself in the bathroom shower again. But the act of standing felt like and impossible task. Instead I laid there. My thighs slick with my arousal. Every wave of heat caused my knees to rub together in both pain and pleasure.

A cluster of howling wolves strayed my attention from the tense room. Cain shifted beside me and sighed.

"Couple of men broke curfew for a run. I guess Brais isn't the only one unsettled by your scent." Cain smirked. I pondered the idea of a run even though it was something I was inebriated to. The thought of running to the cliffs and jumping into the icy sea sounded a lot nicer than being paralyzed in pain on this bed.

"You can join them." Cain spoke toward Brais. He shook his head.

"You're adamant on getting rid of me. Why Cain?" Brais finally spoke. Cain chuckled.

"Well if you weren't here, I'm sure Thea would have let me cool her heat in more productive ways than ice and water." He spat at Brais. I found the strength to sit up abruptly and slap Cain across the face. Both boys had wide eyes. Cain held his jaw and slowly smirked toward me.

"You're telling me the thought of my face between your legs doesn't sound the least bit relieving?" He whispered toward me. I went to smack him again but he caught my wrist, squeezing it tight. His eyes flashed a bright yellow.

"Hit me again and I promise I will take you on this fucking bunk in front of your little friend, and show you how much you can truly hate yourself by making you cum." He seethed. I clenched my fist and tugged my arm from his hand.

"I hate you." I breathed through the rolling heat in my gut. He smiled.

"I know baby." He mocked. I laid back down, overcome with pain again. Brais glared at Cain as he grabbed more ice, tucking it under my arm.

"Arlo will be here soon." Brais comforted, running a rag over my forehead. I nodded, that was the only thought that kept me coherent. Brais didn't leave the side of the bed after Cain's threat. I'd like to think Brais didn't like Cain disrespecting me so harshly, but I knew he just didn't like a woman in general being disrespected.

Brais kept me occupied with his voice, talking about fall, when I'd be able to go home and learn boring Alpha duties like paperwork and etiquette. The only pain I'd feel is a headache from all the tedious work. I smiled at his attempt to take my mind off things.

"Less than an hour." Brais whispered as I closed my eyes in pain again. Time was moving so slow. And it was only getting worse.

"Why didn't Alro know?" I asked Brais in a rasped whisper. He gave me a comforting smile.

"Beta's have much to learn of their own when taking their position in the pack. It's not as common knowledge as one might think." He assured. I ignored Cain's scuffed chuckle. I hope Arlo murders him when he shows.

~~~~
Thank you for reading.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.4M 67.6K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
3.1M 138K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
2.1M 54.6K 39
BOOK 1 He hovered over me in silence while I gathered my senses. "Why are you here Deacon?" I finally asked. I heard his gruff sigh before he knelt d...