Maggie

By Sydney916569

Leonardo Giovanni became a father at the age of twenty. The new mafia Don was a closed off cold man that left... More

Heads Up!
Characters
Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty - two
twenty - three
twenty - four
twenty-five
twenty - six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
thirty
thirty - one
thirty - two
thriry - three
thirty - four
thirty - five
thirty - six
thirty - seven
thirty - eight
thirty - nine
forty
epilogue
BONUS: CROSSOVER
Thank you!

eleven

27.6K 869 287
By Sydney916569

Rubbing my eyes ridding myself of sleep, I open them looking around my room. Sure enough the sunlight is peaking through my blinds, lightening up my room. I groan thinking it's early in the morning but when I look to my left and see that it is currently eleven o'clock my eyes widen.

Maggie's probably hungry. I need to make her breakfast.

I quickly do my thing before getting changed into sweats rushing down the stairs.

The way my apartment works is the stair case overlooks the living room so of course when I hear Maggie laughing and I see her sitting there playing video games with my father I slightly freak out.

I was supposed to introduce them. Looks like they got pretty acquainted while I was asleep.

"What the hell buddy?!" Maggie screeches as she shoves my father while glaring at the Tv screen. I hear my fathers very rare chuckle fill the room and my eyes nearly bulge out of my head at the noise. I've never heard him sound happy like that.

I guess that's Maggie for you.

"Good morning you two." I greet them making Mags pause the game. My father looks back at me with a sly smirk. Maggie on the other hand looks excited to see me like always.

"Morning Nardo! The stars were perfect!" She tells me while I walk up to her placing a gentle kiss on her head. I send a nod to my father before sitting down on the couch behind them.

"I see you two have become quite situated."

"Oh yes we are best buddies! He doesn't talk much so of course I talk for the both of us." She smiles at me before bumping my father on his shoulder. "If you dont mind, please be quiet. Buddy and I are playing Mario cart. You can play a round against him afterwards."

Does she know who she's sitting next too? I give my father a questioning look and of course he knows what I am silently asking him so he shakes his head side ways. I chuckle quietly.

Of course she wouldn't have questioned who he was. She was probably just excited to meet someone new.

"Maggie do you know who he is?" I ask her making her groan and pause the game again.

"Of course I do, his name is Buddy because he responds to it. He doesn't speak much and he makes great pancakes!" She rolls her eyes at me like I am the dumb one here.

I decide to let it go. She always plays stupid tricks on me I will just play her back. I'll wait to see how long it will take her to realize who he actually is.

Walking away from the pair, I go to my office and start working on getting Maggie set up for school. I am enlisting her into a public school because even though I can afford private, I know for a fact that she will get herself kicked out in a week probably even less than that. As much as I want her to have an excellent education I also know that a kid like Maggie would be better off in a more laid back environment.

I have her signed up at a Parkside Highschool which is about a fifteen minute car ride away from the apartment building. It actually works out perfect because I can drop her off at school and then continue driving down the street until I reach my own building.

The school has a lot of clubs and sports teams. Once I see a swimming/diving team I immediately know I made the right choice for the school.

"Maggie! Get your ass over here!" I call out to her. Her and my father are at the door in less than thirty seconds. She gives me her classic big goofy grin.

"I just signed you up for school. You still interested in diving?"

She rapidly nods her head and I chuckle before letting the two of them go back to their game. The apartment is filled with Maggie's voice while she chats my fathers ear off.

-

"Nardo where are we going?" I ask him in the backseat of his car. He sits up front with my Buddy. They ushered me out of the house after lunch. I just grabbed my phone quickly before following them.

"My work." He responds from the front. I hum in response slightly bouncing in my seat. The ride there is surprisingly silent. I don't have much to say for once in my life so I sit there quietly trying to come up with things to speak about.

"I-" I start, but get caught off by Nards.

"Here." Groaning in response to being interrupted I go to open my door but it gets shut by my new buddy. I scrunch my eyebrows up but when he re-opens the door and takes my hand I grow even more confused.

"Why can't I open my own fucking door?" I question him genuinely confused.

"Language!" Nardo reprimands me walking around the car to us.

"It's manners." Buddy responds to my question walking behind us.

"Whatever you say bestie." I dismiss him.

I don't know shit about manners.

Yeah girl, we know.

"Hey what happened to me being your bestie?" I roll my eyes at Nardos comment. It's like he doesn't listen to me at all.

"You are my best friend. Ray is my first friend. Marco is my buddy and he is my bestie. Geez, get it right!" I exclaim throwing my arms up in the air as we get to the elevator.

Like always Nardo presses the button and blocks the panel making me roll my eyes.

"Having the button panel unblocked is a privilege." He says not even looking at me. It's like he knows what my face is saying 24/7.

"Having the button panel unblocked is a privilege." I mimic him rolling my eyes again. I hear a small chuckle from behind me. Looking back I see my smirking Buddy.

I really need to find out his name.

"Looks like you found your match Leonardo." Buddy points towards me with his amused eyes.

"Oh yeah! I could totally take out Nardo. Ready? Swift kick-" I go to roundhouse kick Nards in the stomach but before my foot could make contact with his stomach he catches it with ease. He tugs my leg a bit making me fall to the ground.

"Nardo your days are cutting short!" I groan getting up brushing my pants off.

Before he could say something else I burst into a set of giggles. "Nardo! You are so funny!" I laugh at his silence and seriousness.

I turned to face the two of them, my back towards the elevator door. I then start to mimic Nardo. "I'm Leonardo and I don't like people, noise, people, and noise! I am big strong man who-" My little performance gets cut off by the elevator doors opening. I quickly spin around facing the door striding into the what looks like lobby.

"Well Nardo! Come on! Let me meet your friends!" I encourage him.

A woman walks up to us. She's in her early sixties and she seems super sweet wearing a dark blue pencil skirt and a pretty black blouse. Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail and her smile is wide and welcoming.

"Boss! Welcome back it's so nice to see you. You as well Mr. Giovanni." The lady says to Buddy making me gasp. She was addressing Buddy. He is a Giovanni. I look at them with shock, betrayal, and more shock.

Those lying son of a bitches.

"Who might you be?" The lady asks me. My father is smirking and so is the other Mr. Giovanni. I look up at her and give her a big smile sticking my hand out for her to shake.

"Maggie! I am Nar- Leo's daughter!" I introduce myself. Everyone that was around us all went silent as I may have said that too loud. Nardo is pinching the bridge of his nose and Giovanni is smirking at me.

He enjoys me getting on Nards nerves.

Maybe they are cousins?

Yeah def.

"It's so nice to finally meet you Maggie! My name is Sheila."

"Hello Sheila it's nice to meet you too. Unfortunately, Leonardo has some explaining to do for me so I have to excuse the three of us." I grab their hands dragging them to god knows where. I stop walking and push them forward.

"I don't know where I am going." I narrow my eyes at them.

They both played me.

Traitors.

Fucking dramatic.

How about you shut the fuck up Tina?

"Who's Tina?" Nardo stops walking and they both look at me questioningly. Oh my god. I said that out loud.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I keep my eyes narrowed with my arms crossed. He thinks about it for a minute before dropping it.

Phew that was a close call.

I ignore Tina. She almost showed them how crazy I am. That is the last thing on my to do list. On the top of my list is to annoy Nardo any chance I get.

It's working too.

They lead me into what I am assuming is Nards office pointing to a chair.

My eyes light up when I sit down and the chair spins.

The two men watch as I spin around in circles for five minutes before I feel like I am going to puke.

"Maggie stop you are going to get sick." Buddy stops my chair with his hands. I take a minute to get back to my surroundings.

"Do not recommend." I point to the chair. I decided to look around and so I get up from the seat. I tour around his office touching things and purposely moving the small antiques a little to the side or I push it back.

Mission: annoy Nardo.

"Maggie can you sit down and stop touching my shit?"

Mission: Achieved.

"Why should I listen to you betrayers?! To traitors!" I turn back around and look at their smirking faces. "This isn't funny! Why did I have to find out from Shelena out there that-"

"Shelena?" Nardo cuts me off with a snort.

"See, men have the fucking audacity cutting women off. Always trying to talk over women. I am not having it! I am going to explore. You can talk to your cousin!" I exclaim just randomly coming up with an excuse to be dramatic.

"Cousin?" I hear buddy question confused as I walk through the door.

"I don't know." Nardo sighs before the door shuts leaving me skipping down the halls.

Hmmm, where too?

The elevator dings and I immediately hop on as I see the other people getting off holding their purses or suitcases.

Once the doors close and I am left on my own I do the one thing I have been itching to do since the first time I ever did it.

Dragging my hand across the panel I press all the buttons minus the emergency ones.

The door to the eighty-ninth floor opens and I internally chuckle.

Eighty-eight more to go.

-

I have just reached the tenth floor after an hour of riding the elevator and dealing with very angry workers.

They threatened to call the boss and whatever and so naturally like every other person should do in that situation I stuck my tongue out at him and gave them the finger.

That just pissed them off more.

My phone starts buzzing in my pocket and only two people have my number and I just know it's not Marco calling. Sure enough, pulling my phone out of my pocket, looking at the contact I see Nardos name and his photo take up my screen.

I hit accept.

"Hey Nard-"

"What the hell Mags?" I get cut off. Oh, he isn't using my full name. That's a good sign.

"Oh you know, I'm just... sitting in the library reading the latest magazine from cosmolestation." I panic coming up with a name that seems familiar. I probably saw it at the corner store once or twice.

"Cosmopolitan Maggie." He groans from the other end.

"Hey I was close!" I defend myself.

So much for my amazing lie.

"Where are you?" He questions again while sighing afterwards.

Dramatic ass.

"...Elevator?"

"Yeah thanks Maggie. I already know that. You want to know how?" He answers quickly. I don't want to know the how he nows but he continues anyways. "Because I got over fifty complaints from my employees saying and I quote, 'unruly teenager who is Satan like' is hogging up the elevator. Care to explain?"

"Was that Sandra who said that because she said that same shit to me and-"

"Maggie, get your ass up here now."

"Yes boss, but it might take a while seeing as I still have five more floors to go before I can go all the way back up."

He groans and then hangs up!

How rude?!

So rude. Tina agrees. Tina and I have been friends today. She is like my other half.

You are in so much shit.

Yeah I know, it was fun while it lasted. Would still definitely recommend.

-

Sorry this chapter is out late. I hope you all enjoyed it!

Also I changed the cover and please let me know what you think. I like it wayyyy better than the last one so I hope you all do too!

A new chapter of Daisy will definitely be out tomorrow so watch out for it!

Lots of love 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 2.5K 29
Elina Russo the mafia boss daughter kidnapped at a baby. Think she is a only child no family been living a life of abuse and lies and betrayal can sh...
3M 56.5K 35
"It really is a shame that such a pretty face is about to get so fucked up." I say as I run my finger down his jawline. "Even more so that it was was...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

80.5K 2.9K 65
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
Estella By AVI

General Fiction

76.1K 1.9K 29
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...