The Baker and the Basketball...

By Moreghrimm

Sōdai Kessaku's family owns a small bakery in Tokyo, life is ever unchanging and she's happy with that. That... More

Chapter 1 - The Magnificent
Chapter 2 - My Bakery
Chapter 3 - New Hair?
Chapter 4 - Welcome Home
Chapter 5 - Our Date
Chapter 6 - Batsu
Chapter 7 - Rooftop Romance
Chapter 8 - The Ace of Teiko
Chapter 9 - Generation of Miracles
Chapter 10 - Confessions of the Heart
Chapter 11 - Another Chance
Chapter 12 - Sit and Look Pretty
Chapter 13 - A kind voice
Chapter 14 - Seirin?
Chapter 15 - Date
Chapter 16 - Aomine vs Kise
Chapter 17 - Sit Out.?!!!
Chapter 18 - Tōō vs Rakuzan
Chapter 19 - Determination
Chapter 20 - Goodbye Tokyo
Chapter 21 - Winter Tournament
Chapter 22 - Twisted Words
Chapter 23- Feelings Change
Chapter 25- The End
Extra- Sōdai's Middle School
Extra - Honeymoon 🍋

Chapter 24- My Worth

2.3K 71 8
By Moreghrimm

I waited for Aomine and the rest of his team to come out beside the exit, when they did I grabbed Aomine's arm and looked at him with empathy.

"Kessaku!" The team screamed.

"Hey you guys.. can you give us a moment?"

They looked like they had a lot of questions for me, but unfortunately I didn't want to answer any right now, they just nodded and left leaving Aomine and me alone.

"I'm sorry about the game." I said while looking at the ground, I felt Aomine's hand slip under my chin and force my gaze towards him.

"Don't be, it's my own fault for giving up on practice, Kessaku I'm sorry for how I treated you... I was wrong to let my thoughts affect my emotions."

"Why.? Why did you do it?" I asked desperately.

He sighed. "An old acquaintance of mine had visited me earlier that day and he said something that I just couldn't shake."

"What did he say?"

"He said that I was violent and lazy and that I would eventually break your heart, he said that... one day I might have turned my violent habits towards you. I couldn't stand the thought of it!"

"Aomine.. that wasn't your decision to make.. I would have followed you to the end of the world, but one thing I wouldn't let you do is hurt me. If you ever did I would've had enough love for myself to leave! You should have never tried to make that decision for me when such a ridiculous thing wouldn't ever happen!" I said tearing up, I was so hurt that he let the words of some "acquaintance" get between us.

"I'm sorry, I know what I did was wrong and that I hurt you. I know that now, I've had four months to think about it, please give me another chance." He was on both knees as he held onto my shoulders tightly, he was begging me to forgive him...

I wanted to do desperately hug him and tell him it was okay, I wanted to be with him but... I knew that as we were currently, it would never work out.

"I forgive you Aomine... but you heard what I said, if you had ever hurt me that I would leave.. and you did hurt me, I know my worth. I don't deserve this, maybe we we're both just young and immature."

"Sōdai please.." he said as his voice cracked.

"I'm sorry.. Daiki, I'm still hurt.. I can't fully forgive you yet..This is the end." With that I slipped myself out of his arms and slowly backed up, I turned around and walked away with tears falling, leaving him on the ground in the cold winter air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I got back to the hotel I slumped down and cried, I then noticed my pink phone had been plugged into a charger on the wall, who had been in my room?

I walked over to it and reluctantly flipped it on, immediately a million notifications popped up, I clicked on Aomine's messages to reveal a bunch of texts telling me that he's sorry and to forgive him, just to come back home... I was bawling at this point, a complete mess sitting on my floor.

I opened up the notification for the voicemails he left and listened to it.

"Sōdai where are you! I'm so sorry I should have never done what I did! Please come back I love you! I love you!" with that the message ended, my heart hurt so much...

I listened to the next one, "Sōdai.. I visited your mom today, she told me you left to become an idol.. I just want you to know that I'm sorry and that I'll always be here waiting for you. -End"

I listened to one after another while I cried to myself in my room. I had already made my decision though and there wasn't any going back.

After I listened to them all I closed my phone and threw it in the trash, this is the last time I see you Daiki, goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Timeskip~ 10 years
December,
Tokyo Japan,

"I hate coming here." I said to my driver, who was now an old man. it had been ten years since I'd last been here, I couldn't bring myself to come, but this time I couldn't avoid it. I was no longer an Idol and had graduated to doing movies and dramas, I was the biggest name in Japan and the highest paid actress.

Aomine was playing on Japan's Olympic basketball team as well as on the roster for one of japan's national basketball teams, you can imagine how surprised I was to see him on TV after five years.. after that I stopped watching the Olympics.

Me and Kise had kept touch over the years, he was now a famous model and actor. We've even been in a few movies together.

Murisakibara opened up his very own bakery which I found quite amusing.

Akashi had taken over his father's business and no longer played basketball.

I didn't keep in touch with the rest of the generation of miracles and I often wondered what they were up to today, but I certainly had no intention of running into any of them.

I was here back in Tokyo because the Prime Minister of Japan's granddaughter was having a birthday party and I simply couldn't refuse the invite.

As we pulled into the massive mansion I stepped out in a floor length black dress with a relatively simple design, a slit followed my right leg as I walked.

And my hair? I keep it short these days.

As I walked into the mansion I felt the eyes of many people on me, I could tell these people were rich and I had a feeling I might even see Akashi here.

I walked around for a bit, making small talk with people, then I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and right before my eyes was Aomine... Daiki Aomine.

"Sōdai.. so it really is you." He said in shock, he was tall, taller than before (keep in mind he was 6'4 at the age of 16) he had to be atleast 6'9 now... and he filled out a lot too... I mean he was always in pretty good shape but wow, he looked amazing.

"Daiki.." Was all I could muster.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aomine POV
When I saw her face, floods of our memories as teenagers came back into my mind.

She was beautiful, more beautiful than I could ever have imagined.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sōdai's POV

I blushed hard, I had imagined scenarios where me and Aomine might run into eachother, but I never knew my body would give off this reaction..

It didn't help that he was looking at me like I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

"I need a drink." I said to him, he nodded and we headed to the bar.
"This is quite the surprise." I said to him,

"Yeah, turned out the princess happens to be a big fan of basketball, they tried to get Kobe down here, but I guess I was their second choice after he declined." He said jokingly, I giggled.

His face lit up seeing me laugh.

"Sōdai.." He said softly, my heart skipped a beat as he said my name.

"Yes?"

"About what happened ten years ago.. I'm really sorry, you were right. We were just immature kids."

Daiki, no I should be the one apologizing. I basically regretted how things left off immediately after I said goodbye."

He looked at me and then breathed in. "Sōdai, I'm not a little kid anymore, I've never even entertained the thought of dating anyone else and I've never completely gotten over you to be honest.... You were the best thing that ever happened to me and I screwed up, will you give me another chance?" He asked, I had known for a long time that I regret how things went that night, and this was an opportunity to fix it..

I smiled at him and then nodded my head, I wrote down my number on a napkin and then handed it to him.

"How about we start with coffee?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.7K 18
[Completed] Arisa Masamune is a new transfer student at Kaijō Highschool. On her first day, she was forced by Kise Ryouta to become Kaijō basketball...
91.6K 2K 27
Kuroko and (Y/N) went together to attend Seirin High School with one purpose: defeat the Generation of Miracles. Apparently, Kuroko is not a normal p...
592K 29.2K 39
Paralyzed from the neck down, a former basketball star wished only for one thing. And like a miracle, he wakes up in a new world, in a new body-- and...
572 34 8
Aomine is wondering when his feelings for his childhood best friend started. He decides to keep it a secret from his teammates and her. Stay tuned to...