I Have Obligations

By billouise

Raelynn opal Hayes is an 18 year old wear wolf. Raelynn's passion for volleyball influences Her schools life... More

Authors note
Chapter 1 Convincing 
Chapter 2 Mate
Chapter 3 found her
Chapter 4 run gone wrong
Chapter 6 phone call
Chapter 7 all or nothing

Chapter 5 challenges

5 0 0
By billouise

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day
-Winnie The Pooh

Raelynn's POV

The last thing I remember is Sharp pain and then darkness. I am sitting here conscious but I can't open my eyes. The repetitive and annoying beeping sound pushed me to open my eyes.and I was met with a bright light.  I came to the conclusion that I was in a hospital room. I felt a presence beside me looking down at me.

I looked up to find Colton the man from the party at The Rockwood pack. Memories came rushing back from the night before and the realization he was my mate and the one who attacked me flooded my head. When he realized I was awake he reached out to grab my hand but I quickly pulled away and shot out of the bed, my wolf was on high alert and was ready to shift if necessary.  He looked at me with sadness in his eyes
"please let me explain. I would never hurt you on purpose ' he pleaded. I shook my head. In disbelief he attacks me then thinks he is entitled for me to listen to him. " I have no interest in speaking to you and I am returning to my pack where I am safe and happy" I said in a harsh tone. He suddenly grabbed my arm shooting sparks of electricity up and down my spine and I looked at him, we made eye contact for a moment before I looked away.  "I got a mind link from my guard saying an alpha male was in my Territory" he paused and took a breath. " I didn't know it was you until it was too late, your wolf is the same size as mine and the colours and pattern is unusual. Your scent was different it doesn't make sense" He said in an exasperated tone.

"that is no way to treat anyone on your pack lands if they are simply defending themselves. I was cornered four to one and you expect me to lay down and cower?" Every word that was said was Laste with venom. " I was raised better than to submit to a man who thinks he has all the power"with that said I removed his hand from my arm "Touch me again without my consent and I'll rip your arm out of its socket" he looked shocked at my threat but took a step back anyway, if only he knew I was being serious. Colton Left the room to calm himself and In the corner of my eye I saw a phone ,which I quickly ran to and put Daniel's number.

"Hello this is Daniel Brooks speaking"

"Dani it's me Raelynn I need you to come ge-"
I was cut off by Dani "are you ok? I've been so worried, where are you?"

"Something happened and I'll explain later just please come get me" once I let out the words the door was flung open and the phone ripped out of my hand by Colton "she is staying and that's final '' he said thru the phone. They begin to get into a pretty heated conversation ending with Colton hanging up the phone violently.
I finally looked down to see what I was wearing for clothes and they definitely weren't mine. I was in a massive T-shirt that went down to midthigh and boys boxers. I felt a lustful gaze looking at me and I traced it to Colton. He was looking me up and down my body and I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. He must have sensed my discomfort because he looked away.

I then looked at the time and saw it was 5:15 in the morning "shit, I'm gonna be late"  Colton turned back to me and gave me a look if puzzlement " I'm late for one of the most important volleyball games of the year I need to run for two hours to get there and ready by 7:30.
I need to go and there is no way you are stopping me" Colton gave me a smirk " do you want to see if that is true princess"  he said with a wink.  I rolled my eye and walked to the door. He tried to grab my hand but I got his first and kicked him in the back of the knee, making him fall to the ground. I left the room and found the front door that was at the bottom of the stairs.

I opened the door to find Colton leaning on the doorway I went to push past him but he grabbed my hands and pinned me to the wall  just outside the door. " So You play volleyball?" He said in an amused tone "yes, and I might miss my chance of getting scouted if you don't let me go" i said getting increasingly more upset with each word of course he didn't understand why this was important to me he's only know me for a day, but that is the only way of getting out of the house and taking my siblings with me. I can't afford to move far away without a scholarship and I won't leave them. My parents can't take care of them properly. I'd rather compromise my future to give them a chance at a good life. "I'll only let you go if you let me come and watch. If you let me come I can drive you and you will be there much faster" I reluctantly agreed to his offer.

The entire car ride we were completely silent. I could feel Colton's gaze on me every once and a while but I had no interest in speaking to him. We finally reached my hotel and I went to my room to grab my stuff and Daniel was gone. He must be at a meeting.  I changed into my tiny shorts and my team shirt. I threw on a pair of sweatpants over my shorts and french braided my hair.
I ran back to Colton's car with my bag flung over my shoulder. He looked at me for a moment then started the car and drove to the gym. When he stopped the car I jumped out and ran inside. I ran into the locker room and put my stuff in a locker along with the sweatpants I was wearing then ran into the gym for warmups.
Coach Tracy yelled from the other side of the court for me to go to her, I went to her and she threw me into warmups with the others. I looked to the stands to see some scouts from all different teams. Then I felt eyes on me so I turned to see Colton raking his eyes up and down my body with lust evident in them.

Colton's POV

"shit, I'm gonna be late"  I turned back to  Raelynn and gave her a look of confusion. She must have noticed because she said " I'm late for one of the most important volleyball games of the year. I need to run for two hour to get there and be ready by 7:30. I need to go and there is no way you are stopping me" I Gave her a patronizing smirk. " Do you want to see if that is true princess?"  I said with a wink. 

When she returned with an eye roll she began to walk towards me and I tried to grab her arm but she grabbed mine first and kicked me in the back of the knee making my knee buckle and I fell to the ground. She left the room but it took too long for her to find the door so I was able to jump out the window and run around to be able to meet her at the door.
I sat there for a few minutes leaning against the doorway when she finally opened the door and tried to push past me but I grabbed her hands and pinned her against the wall outside the door." So You play volleyball?" I asked, imagining her in the tiny game shorts. "Yes, and I might miss my chance of getting scouted if you don't let me go" I saw sadness in her eyes so I said "I'll only let you go if you let me come and watch. If you let me come I can drive you and you will be there much faster".
She finally agreed and hopped into my car, we drove silently but I stole quick glances at her the whole time.

I stopped at Raelynn 's hotel and she got out of the car to get her stuff and to get ready. I sat in the car thinking about how beautiful and strong my mate was. What felt like seconds later she came running back to my car with a bag over her shoulder. She looked amazing with her long luscious hair in braids, I had to force myself to look away so we wouldn't be late.
Once we pulled up to the gym she bolted out of the car. It took all I had In me to not stop her. I knew it was for her to get to her game but my wolf didn't like her leaving our side. I parked the car and then found a seat in the stands at Raelynn's game.

My eyes travelled to my mate, my eyes roaming every inch of her perfect body in that skin tight uniform. When the realization hit me that everyone could see her in those clothes I was not happy. Raelynn must have felt my gaze on her because she shook her head. I quickly realized three things, one that her being at this volleyball game had some alternative motive to it, two Raelynn was amazing at volleyball and three volleyball was her escape from reality.

The game was finally over and I couldn't wait to get her back to the pack lands. I stood just outside the locker room door waiting for Raelynn,  when she exited the room she wore a big sweater and sweatpants. I grabbed her arm and escorted her to the car. "you played a great game."was all I managed to get through my lips. "thanks" was all she said. The car ride back was once again silent and when we got back I drove to my house. I felt a slight bit sad when we arrived, and a Realized it wasn't my feelings I felt, it was Raelynn's through the mate bond. Once I parked the car I got out and Raelynn followed closely behind. I unlocked the door and went inside once again Raelynn followed me silently.
"That's the bathroom" I said pointing in its direction, "and there is already a towel in there so you can shower" she walked past me and into the bathroom locking the door behind her. I heard the shower turn on and the shower door open and close.

Fifteen minutes later she came walking out of the bathroom in a towel "do you have any clothes I can borrow?"  " Yes I do, follow me" I walked to my bedroom and opened the closet "grab whatever you want" and with that said I left the room. She walked out of the room in a pair of my sweatpants that hid her perfect little figure and a black t-shirt. I felt so much joy seeing her in my clothes. "Is there a guest bedroom I can stay in?"she asked in an exhausted tone "you will sleep in here with me" i said in a tone that to most people would know means not up to negotiation. "no I will not" she said firmly "
I will sleep in another room or on the couch" and with that she left the room and headed for the couch. "You know you are stubborn don't you?" I said following after her "If you insist on sleeping in another room then there is a guest room next to my room that you can stay in for tonight. Tomorrow you sleep in my room". "Sure I will" she said sarcastically under her breath "What was that?" I asked, she ignored my question and walked into the guest room and closed the door.

I chuckled slightly at my feisty little mate. I went to my room and got myself ready for bed. I sat in bed for a little while thinking about how stubborn, independent, and wonderful my mate is. The thought of her made me smile.

—————————————-
Next day

Colton's POV

The next morning when I woke I left my bedroom to find Raelynn sitting near the window in the living room "good morning" I said sleepily rubbing the sleep from my eyes "good morning" she said quietly "i need to go for a run to clear my head" she said calmly "just wait a moment and I'll join you' Raelynn did not look like she was up for an argument so she's just nodded her head.
Minutes later we were walking out the door, Raelynn walked past me and then to behind a tree to undress and shift.
When she walked back around from the other side of the tree I was already shifted and I got to once again see her beautiful yet unordinary wolf. It doesn't make sense her size, her eyes and colours. But all I know is that she is beautiful.

We had been running for five minutes when Tate, my beta mind, linked me "Cole we need you in the training field to help with the Hand to hand combat for the pack Warriors" I sighed "I'll be there in two minutes". I walked behind a tree shifted back into my human form throwing on a pair of Nike shorts. Then I walked back to Raelynn
"I have to go to the training field, would you like to join me?" She stopped running and thought about her answer then she nodded her head slightly still not wanting to argue with me, because if she had said no I would have made her come anyway. I gave her a pair of clothes which she grabbed in wolf form going behind a tree to change. We soon reached the training field and I walked up to Tate
"Can you spar with them to show them how it's done" he said with a smirk. I smiled slightly and walked to the ring for human combat training, in the ring sat Jerry, one of the pack warriors. I straightened my back and got into a fighting stance as did he. Once we finished spar I had Jerry pinned to the mat and I was helping him up.
" Good job Jerry. You need to work on trying to anticipate your opponent's next move to improve your fighting skills ''
'' yes alpha he said leaving the ring.

I looked over to my mate to find her covering her mouth in an attempt not to laugh. Others must have noticed because they were looking at her in a confused manner. "What's so funny?"I asked, feeling like I was left out of an inside joke between friends.
She looked at me "I suppose we have very different ways of training pack warriors" she said with a shrug settling herself.

Jason walked out of the group of warriors "you think you could do better?" he said in a menacing tone "why don't you join a spar with beta Tate then? Then we will see who is laughing" before I could intervene, she agreed. Before Tate stepped onto the mat he gave me a look asking for permission.  If i am being honest I'm interested to see what is going to happen. Tate is my best warrior by far.
I gave him a nod and he jumped onto the mat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 17.7K 57
*Warning - Contains 18+ Content* He holds my face firmly between two hands. "Sienna, I'm not going to have you for the first time one of Maren's gues...
551K 12.3K 60
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
130K 4.1K 65
❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚...
110K 3.5K 44
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...