His First Strike | ✎

By booksbyrailey

❝ She's like the moon, still managing to shine even when her whole world is dark . ❞ »»---- ⚾ ----«« [ COLLEG... More

i. welcome to HFS
ii. preface & playlist
⚾︎| chapter one
⚾︎| chapter two
⚾︎| chapter three
⚾︎| chapter four
⚾︎| chapter five
⚾︎| chapter six
⚾︎| chapter seven
⚾︎| chapter eight
⚾︎| chapter nine - part one
⚾︎| chapter ten - part two
⚾︎| chapter eleven
⚾︎| chapter twelve
⚾︎| chapter thirteen
⚾︎| chapter fourteen
⚾︎| chapter sixteen
⚾︎| chapter seventeen
⚾︎| chapter eighteen
⚾︎| chapter nineteen
⚾︎| chapter twenty
⚾︎| chapter twenty one
⚾︎| chapter twenty two
⚾︎| chapter twenty three
⚾︎| chapter twenty four
⚾︎| chapter twenty five
⚾︎| chapter twenty six
⚾︎| chapter twenty seven
⚾︎| chapter twenty eight
⚾︎| chapter twenty nine
⚾︎| chapter thirty
⚾︎| chapter thirty one
⚾︎| chapter thirty two
⚾︎| chapter thirty three
⚾︎| chapter thirty four
⚾︎| chapter thirty five
⚾︎| chapter thirty six
⚾︎| chapter thirty seven
⚾︎| chapter thirty eight
⚾︎| chapter thirty nine

⚾︎| chapter fifteen

19.1K 361 710
By booksbyrailey

CHRISTIAN IRWIN
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

These past few days have been hard for Dallas and I. 

We've been working our asses off for the championship game.

"Irwin! What the hell are you doing?" Coach Lopez exclaims, waving his clipboard in the air to grab my attention.

"Pay attention!" He yells making me nod.

It's Tuesday afternoon, and we have our first practice for the week. Coach has finally eased up since our game last weekend that led us to the championship game.

I adjust my cap and my glove, looking down at the ground for a moment.

I throw the ball as hard as I can, I then hear a ding knowing he hit the ball.

Kane throws the ball to, Jacob who throws the ball to, Dallas who's plays 3rd base.

Dallas throws the ball to home base, causing the our teammate to get an out.

Our coach starts clapping, pointing at me. "You better pitch like that at the championship Irwin. I would hate to lose to cheaters." He shakes his head.

Cheaters. One of the referee's were friends with the coach at Yark. 

Sad you have to cheat to win.

"Ya'll go ahead and go home, get some sleep." Coach lopez says, we all go to the dougout to grab our bags and water.

I check my phone and smile a bit at the text Riley sent. Dallas walks over and reads the text causing me to tilt the phone.

"Meet me at Ella's Diner, pretty boy." He mocks her.

I roll my eyes at him as I put my glove in my bag. "Come with me, I think Kelani and Coco are working." I say, changing into royal blue slides.

Dallas chuckles a bit. "I don't think Kelani wants to see you." he says grabbing his bad and throwing it over his shoulder.

I groan. "She told me we should move on, and stay friends." I tell him, shrugging my shoulders.

He holds in his laugh. "Maybe she still likes you? Christian, you have no experience with girls and it shows." He tells me.

I don't argue with him, I just stay silent. Maybe he's right.

*****

Dallas and Me pull up to Ella's Diner. As we walk in the first person I see is Kelani, taking Riley's order.

Dallas rolls his eyes at Riley. "Yeah fuck this shit." He says walking off to find Coco.

Why do they hate Riley so much? She seems nice.

I walk towards Riley's table and make eye contact with Kelani.

She sighs and takes a deep breath. "And for you sir?" She asks me, looking at her notepad.

Sir? What the fuck.

"I'll just have a strawberry milkshake." I say

"Alright." She says, still not taking her eyes of the notepad.

"God I hate her." Riley mumbles rolling her eyes, glaring at Kelani as she walks away

I look back at Riley. "What did you say?" I ask her.

"How was practice baseball boy?" She asks me changing the subject.

Baseball boy..

I sigh. "Eh it was okay, very tiring." I say with a weak smile and look at her.

She stares into my eyes. "Cool." she says. I don't think she heard what I said.

I look around the diner and see Coco and Dallas glaring at Riley and I. Ever since me and her starting to talk more they started distancing themselves from us. Especially, Kelani.

I look back at Riley and see her staring hard at her phone, I shrug and see Kelani walking over with our milkshakes in her hands.

"Chocolate milkshake." She hands Riley her's

"Strawberry milkshake." She says. "Is there anything else ya'll need?" she asks the both us.

Riley rolls her eyes and tips over her milkshake. "You can clean that up, for us." She says smiling at her.

Kelani glares at Riley. "Well are you going to pick it up?" She asks her.

I speak up. "She shouldn't pick up nothing, you made the mess." I tell riley.

They both look at me. "No, it's fine. It's my job anyways." Kelani tells us, bending down to pick up the glass.

I jump up from my seat and walk over to get the mop. 

"What are you doing?" Kelani whispers to me.

"Helping." I smile at her, causing her to smile back at me. Man I missed that smile.

Riley scoffs. "Your seriously helping her?" She asks me getting up from her seat.

I nod.

"Yeah whatever, i'm leaving." She says, grabbing her purse and phone. walking towards the door.

"Yes please leave" Coco says behind the counter.

We hear the door close and start to laugh at the scene she just caused.

We finish cleaning the mess Riley made. "Thank you for helping me, Christian. I really appreciate it." She says smiling at me, looking into my eyes.

I smile back at her. "It was nothing, Parker." 

She walks away to go throw the shattered glass away, I hear footsteps behind me. "Are we going to kick ya'll's asses again? Or what?" I hear the familiar and, turn around.

His teammates laugh.

Blake mother fucking Barrett and, his teammates

I look over at Dallas and see him roll his eyes and, cover his face with his hands.

"You going to cheat again? Or what?" I ask him, Coco and Dallas gasp at my comment and look away.

"Oh shit." Dallas says, trying to distract himself with an upside down news paper.

"Oh wow." Coco says, sipping on her milkshake.

"Fuck you-" Blake says, coming towards me but his teammates hold him back.

I chuckle a bit. "Am I right? Or am I right?" I walk away from them.

Holy shit I can't wait for this game.

a/n:

heyy! did we like this chapter?? 

have a great day/night and i'll see you at the end of chapter 16:)).

Rai<33.

thank you so much for taking your time to read this.

love, rai<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 409 8
ʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴏꜱᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴀᴄᴋꜱ ʜɪᴍ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴏɴ ʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴇᴇᴋ. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ᴅᴇꜱᴛɪɴʏ ʜᴏʟᴅꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ? ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ɪᴅᴇᴀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ. ••ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ...
56 0 27
It's your typical love story, except it's not. She fell in love hard and fast, he fell in love too fast. My best friend, my partner in crime, my comp...
610 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...
6.3K 532 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...