Radiance

By FCPrincessX

The past is back, but can Sabre and the others survive it? Even though Sabre's still adjusting to being aroun... More

Forenote
Night Terrors
Excitement
Ebony
Confrontation
Another Life
Memories
Family
Returned
The Candle Snuffed
Lightning
Care
A Fellow Leader
Bonds
Detached
Found
Reality
Courage
Seeking
Stories
Regaining Strength
Knowledge
Empathy
Sunrise
Oceans
A New Dawn
Rioting
Therapy (Finally)
A New Friend
Disassociated Feelings
Uncertainties
Choices and Grief
Observations
Radiance
Rooftops
Dinner
The Garden
Confrontation
A Gift
Shade
The Port
A Nightmare
Solemness
A Dark Deceit
His Birthright.
A Thank You.

Reunited

632 36 16
By FCPrincessX

|Sabre|

"Well- M, think we could take a walk? I think I need some fresh air and we could talk along the way about this festival," I say as I stand up, then go to put on my boots. Catching M nod from the corner of my eye, I stand up then reach for the scarf on the nightstand.

A festival though? That'd be pretty fun to attend. I look over at M and he pushes his glasses further up on his nose. "Well, shall we go? I think we could go and grab something to eat as well when we head out." M smiles and meets my blindfolded eyes, a happy look on his face.

"I'd be down for that M- Though I don't have any way to pay you back though..." I trail off as I realize I didn't have any money to pay M back for any food we would get. He shakes his head and then rubs the back of his neck.

"Don't sweat it Sabre, I don't mind." With that, I tie the scarf around my waist and walk with M to the door. I murmur an 'Ok' to him, then hesitate at the door knob. Oh not this again- my hand hovers over the door knob, then I finally grab it and open the door. 

"Sabre?" I look up at M's concerned face and chuckle nervously. I probably should explain some things...

"Yeah- I uh- Occasionally I have anxiety about opening doors..." I trail off as M raises an eyebrow at me, then grabs my wrist and holds it. "You don't have to hide things from me, Sabre." His voice is soft as he places his arm around my shoulder, then draws me in for a hug. I let him hug me and bury my face into his neck. We stay like that for a minute, then M pulls back to look me in the eyes and then motions to the door.

"Should we get going Sabre?" He smiles and I nod.

First step taken to telling the others about everything.

"Yeah, Let's go."

We walk out the door, then make our way down the hall. Our footsteps echo down the empty halls and for a moment, I felt at peace again.

"... How can this be possible? I thought that Sabre was the only one?!" A voice catches my hearing and I turn to look at M. He has a look of confusion, and we both walk a little quicker to the voices.

"Nothing's been said on how they got here. All the report was about, was that two non-steves are in the violet kingdom at this time, and that the Violet Leader has them at the current moment."

As I get to the end of the hall that led into the main entry way, I stop dead still.

"N-non-steves? L-Like more like me?" I say quietly, then Grace, Light, and- Time, who I guess just arrived- whip around to look at M and I.

I see Light trying to say something, but my heart was beating loud in my ears.

No-

No it couldn't be any of those guys who were after my head...

But if not them then-

"Sabre?!?!" Light shakes me hard and I snap back to reality, blinking several times. Light had a look of pure worry on his face and Time and M stood at either side of him, concern on their faces as well.

"We have to go." I murmur quietly, then stare Light dead in the eyes. He shakes his head quietly. "No-"

"I have to know Light-! I have to know who it is...." My last words were a plea as I look Light in his shining silver eyes.

It has to be them.

I just have such a gut feeling about it.

"Who Sabre?? Look- I'm not sure if it's good for you- You completely zoned out for a solid five minutes and I had to start shaking you hard to snap out of it..." Light's voice trembles and in a moment, I place my hand on his shoulder.

"I swear I'm fine Light- If... If I'm correct, then some people from my past may be here... H-How I don't know, but I have to go look." Light has a look of shock on his face, but sighs and looks down at the ground for a moment before he meets my eyes again.

"If you're sure... But at first sign of you being in trouble, I'm not going to hesitate to teleport you back here along with M." I nod, agreeing to the terms, but M interjects. "Light-"

"I know you can hold your own, M, but that means if there's danger, Time and I will deal with it while you protect Sabre. I don't doubt your powers so that's why if worst comes to worse you can protect Sabre."

Light ends on that note as I glance over at Grace, who had taken off his helmet and stood with it tucked under his arm. He was dead quiet as he watched the conversation unfold. His eyes flick to mine and for a moment, I can clearly see the difference in the color of his eyes. One was Orange, and the other was Yellow. He glances back to Light and M who were still debating on the matter, Time making the occasional interjection of thought.

My heart beat fast in my chest as I look down at the ground and thought through who it could be. Was it Tewtiy? Lucas? Or Dropsy and Jerome? M-My father...?

Without a moment to hesitate, I run to the door, surprising Light, M, Time, and Grace. I fling the door open without hesitation and run outside, taking in a deep breath of the air. For the longest time in years, I felt alive.

"Ack- Sabre, wait up!!" Light stumbles and I quickly turn to help him up. "S-Sorry I-"

Everything was swarming around my head. Were my friends still alive? My father? Why were they here? How did they get here? Was I in danger? Did they need me? Or... Was it somebody I didn't know...?

Light chuckles as M and Time hop down the stairs. "You could at least give us a warning Sabre before you go bolting out the front door," Light says as he stands upright and my hand grazes his ungloved one. His skin felt freezing cold.

Grace stands at the top of the stairs for a moment, then clears his throat. "Captain, should I stay here or accompany you, the Great Hero, Lieutenant Time, and the Red Leader to the Violet Kingdom?" Grace's voice is gentle as I see an almost hesitant look in his eyes. You know what? Screw formalities.

I race up the steps and grab Grace's wrist, then pull him back down after me. He makes a surprised noise as I drag him to beside Light. "Cmon! We don't have a moment to loose!" I say excitedly as I grin, happy by the thought of seeing friendly faces once again.

Time catches my mood, and nods. With a raise of his hand, he calls down lightning on all of us, surrounding us with the sound of a ticking clock and a warm feeling. My heart beats loud as my vision turns white, then the world around us does a quick twirl. We stop and I take a moment to breath.

A sweet smell greets my nose as I blink several times, then gaze around to see beautiful buildings around me. Woah- is this the Violet Kingdom? It's so much more bigger than I remember...

My eyes trail to where the Violet Leader's house sat up on the hill and without a second, I was running. My feet pounded on the ground as the feeling grew stronger.

And... for some reason my right eye felt itchy.

---

|Tewtiy|

After the man had led me to his home- which was very comfortable and welcoming- he invited me to sit and talk about myself and Lucas. Which... I was hesitant about at first, but eventually I gathered that he meant no harm and was being genuine about his actions.

Lucas was also awake by this point. He also drew his knife at this man, who had told me his name was Violet Leader, and gave him a big scare when said knife impaled the wall by his head. I managed to calm Lucas down eventually, but he apologized profusely to Violet afterward, who accepted his apology without any hesitance.

"It's quite interesting to hear about your lives. They sound so different from ours here. I've not real-" He stops as Lightning roars outside and Lucas jumps up, dashing to a window. "What in the name of Lightning?! It's not even cloudy!"

Violet stands up with a curious look on his face, then strides to his door to open it. He looks outside for a moment before looking back at Lucas and I. "Follow me, I'd like to check who it is that has arrived and I wouldn't want to be impolite and leave you alone in my house." He says with a gentle smile as I stand up, nodding. It made sense for him to not want to leave us alone in his house. Plus... I wanted to get a good look of the city from up here. Violet's house was on the top of a hill that overlooked the entire kingdom which had such a gorgeous view.

Lucas makes a small noise, then walks with me outside after Violet. Making our way down the path that led down the hill, I kept on glancing around, mystified at the beauty of this place. It was so elaborately decorated and thought out that it was just gorgeous.

We finally make it to the bottom of the hill and Violet leader pauses. "What in Chroma-?"

I tear my eyes away from the scenery, then look forward. Every muscle in my body stopped as I stood there, seeing  somebody run towards us.

No... It wasn't just, "Somebody".

They pause in their tracks, their face towards me. He wore a green hoodie with a bright green and gold decorated scarf wrapped around his torso, Jeans that were slightly faded, leather boots, and his hair was pulled back up in a ponytail.

There was no hesitance in my recognition of him. Quietly, my feet are moving; Moving to the one person Lucas and I had been looking for, for years.

"Sabre!!" A voice cries out that wasn't mine or Lucas's as I grab Sabre up into a hug and hold him close, laughing happily. "Sabre!! We found you! We finally found you!!" I cry out and grin, tears starting to well up in my eyes.

Finally, after all these years, we found Sabre. He was alive and well. 

He starts to laugh as well, then Lucas bolts over as well, wrapping himself into the hug. 

"Lucas!! Tewtiy!!" Sabre cries out happily as my heart swells, happy at hearing his voice again. I let him go and rest my hands on his shoulders. "How in the world are you both here?! I thought nobody could come after me after I got sent here by Void-" Sabre shakes his head, but he had his signature grin plastered across his face. Lucas takes this opportunity to tackle Sabre to the ground, laughing. A light mood was in the air.

As the two rolled around on the ground, I look up and see four men standing across the way, all looking starkly different. The one that had his hand on his sword at his side and was giving me a look of warning, wore bright colored armor that was dyed white and silver. His hair reflected brightly in the early sun as his silver eyes kept locked on me. The man next to him had his hand on his companion's shoulder with his face covered by what looked like a clock mask and a vaguely similar attire on to his friend. Yet from under his mask and ashen hair, I could see a dark grey and milky white set of eyes staring at me curiously.

Two other men stood with them. At the- I'm just gonna call him Clock for now- at Clock's side, was a bright red haired man who stood at the height of his chest and wore an elegantly designed red coat. The rest of his attire consisted of a dark grey tunic, Lighter colored pants, and short brown boots. He was looking at me through his glasses with an almost incredulous look, like I wasn't supposed to exist or something. He also reminded me vaguely of Violet: They both held an air of responsibility to them.

The final man looked a lot like those guards I had been monitored by, except he had his helmet in his right and there was a faint outline of off-colored yellow skin around his left eye. His entire complexion also looked slightly orange.

I hear Violet come up behind me and turn to look at him. He had a shocked look on his face as he murmured something quietly to me, his eyes on the two rolling around on the floor behind me. "You both know Sabre?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

686 33 9
Something emerges from the wilderness a year after Sabre left the Steve World. A Forest Steve? Aren't they all gone? It turns out that one more Fores...
6.2K 440 12
===================================== Just as he fought his way out of his own mind, he was abandoned by all he ever knew and cared for. Alone, afrai...
3.9K 298 26
When a sick Green Steve shows up in the Rainbow Quest world, Sabre is once again faced with a problem. He must find a way to cure the infection that...
100K 4.2K 90
Sabre is being chased by Illusion Steve. His friends are under his control again or captured. He has no hope left. No way to win. Sabre has to think...