Memories

Sorry for not updating this sooner, been working on planning things for animations and having to deal with school/lack of ideas for Radiance, but I'll try to get on this quicker! ^^/

-----

|Tewtiy|

"Ryan. Look me in the eyes." My aunt's voice meets my ears, then hesitantly, I look up to meet her condescending eyes. Her dark brown eyes pierce into mine and I barely keep myself from squirming in my seat. "You haven't said a word this entire meal which is not like you."

The clinking in the hall stops and all of my relatives' eyes turn on me. Don't let them know who you truly are. I shift to adjust my sleeve cuff of my uncomfortably stiff shirt, then clear my throat.

"I apologize, Aunt Hira. I've..." Cmon- be quick to think of something. "I've been thinking about my father. I miss him still, that's all." I look down at my almost empty plate, then hear a sigh. A hand touches my shoulder gently and I glance from the corner of my eye at my mother.

"Hm. It's been ages Child. You and your mother need to let go of ghosts." Aunt Hira goes back to eating and I catch several glances from multiple of my relatives before they follow suit. Oh thank the reapers they believe me. That was way too close. 

After I finished eating, I make to stand up, then feel a hand grab my wrist and pull me back down to sit. I glance over at my older second cousin who gave me a glare. "I think you can stay for a bit, Ryan. You've been awfully quiet and seem so quick to leave. I've seen how you've acted before with thinking about your late father, which is the polar opposite of your current behavior."

He grips my wrist and I bite the inside of my cheek. Don't tell, don't give them any hints. "Apologies, Cousin Faeron. Certain things affect me differently now, including my father's death-" In a moment, he drags me upright, then strides over to the wall and slams me into it, winding me. "GAH-"

"FAERON-" I hear my mother shout as my second cousin holds me against the wall by the neck, his face contorted in anger. His fingers close tighter around my neck as I fight the urge to react and twist his arm to let me go. "You've been sneaking out late at night, and occasionally disappear for weeks. Something other than your 'father' is up with you." He growls loud enough for all of the relatives present in the hall to hear and mumble in agreement.

I go dead still and close my eyes, my heartbeat loud in my ears. He's Sa'aal, I know it. I think I've come across him while in attire. I have to say my next words very cautiously.

"WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING, RYAN?!" Faeron slams my head back into the wall suddenly and I let out a cry of pain as my vision blurs and close my eyes. Multiple chairs slide and people rush over to pull Faeron away from me as I fall to my knees. "Baby?! Baby, look at me please! Come on, Ryan, let me know you are alright!" Mother's voice in frantic in my ears as I she holds me upright, my head throbbing horribly.

Struggling to even think straight, I open my eyes, my vision blurry. I make out the forms of my brothers' and uncle keeping Faeron away from me, then try to look at my mom. Her soft amber hair frames her tear-filled eyes as she looks at me. I nod quietly, her fear fading a bit from her face.

"For the love of the divine powers of this world, I TAUGHT YOU BETTER THAN THAT FAERON!" My Grand Aunt Yulia scolds my second cousin as my vision blurs further and I start to feel sick to my stomach. Oh no. I need to head to my room now.

"I... should head to my room, mother... I don't think I'm doing much good right here at the moment." I mumble after a moment, my vision clearing slightly. "Ryan... A-Are you sure? You're bleeding." She touches my forehead under my hair, and I realize an old wound reopened. I nod gently, then raise myself up gently to stand with my mother helping me.